HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL C Grade discussion

Postby cracka » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:19 am

Afterthesiren wrote:C Grade is on in 2014. Consisting of 6 teams: Milang, Uraidla, Bridgewater, Ironbank, Onkas and Lobethal.
Great news.

Onkas eh. Might make a comeback.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Hear the roar » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Huge news that Cs are up and running. Milang Panthers are training well and very keen; great atmosphere at the club. How are other clubs training?
Players win awards. Teams win games. Clubs win Premierships.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Milang

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Schedule up on the Hills site with 5 teams
Milang, Ironbank, Uraidla, Lobethal and Mt Lofty.
15 rounds thus 12 games for each team.
No Bridgewater ( thus is this the end of Callington being represented? ) or Onka's but Mt Lofty? interesting that even with relegation they now have 3 senior teams. ( well done if this is the case )

Also HTR may be able to answer what's your lights like as I notice some games under lights this year.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby cracka » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:Schedule up on the Hills site with 5 teams
No Bridgewater ( thus is this the end of Callington being represented? ) or Onka's but Mt Lofty? interesting that even with relegation they now have 3 senior teams. ( well done if this is the case )

Also HTR may be able to answer what's your lights like as I notice some games under lights this year.

Onkas played Flagstaff Hill in a trial on the weekend & a young lad from Flaggies said that there aren't many SFL clubs that have a C grade side & they may look to join the HFL C grade comp. Could be an goer, maybe???
cracka
Veteran

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:03 pm

cracka wrote:

Onkas played Flagstaff Hill in a trial on the weekend & a young lad from Flaggies said that there aren't many SFL clubs that have a C grade side & they may look to join the HFL C grade comp. Could be an goer, maybe???

Find that a little surprising considering SFL C grade has had 7, 9, 7 teams in it over the last 3 seasons. Actually thought it could of been a answer for Milang if the Hills C Grade folded. Unless there has been a big drop off in teams this season.
Was thinking about teams in 2 leagues like Blackwood in the Ammos D 8 but if and I think it would be a massive if it happened it would be for the best for both leagues. A 8 to 10 team comp would be interesting.
2 other concerns are SFL I think only play Sundays and I wonder if the HFL would be worried given the constant talk of some of the Southern based Hills clubs moving over to the SFL if they ever got a 2nd Div going again.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:
cracka wrote:

Find that a little surprising considering SFL C grade has had 7, 9, 7 teams in it over the last 3 seasons. Actually thought it could of been a answer for Milang if the Hills C Grade folded. Unless there has been a big drop off in teams this season.
Was thinking about teams in 2 leagues like Blackwood in the Ammos D 8 but if and I think it would be a massive if it happened it would be for the best for both leagues. A 8 to 10 team comp would be interesting.
2 other concerns are SFL I think only play Sundays and I wonder if the HFL would be worried given the constant talk of some of the Southern based Hills clubs moving over to the SFL if they ever got a 2nd Div going again.

Yeah I went onto the Southern forum & they have a 6 team comp.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Hear the roar » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Lights are all good and well worth the wait YOPK. We're looking forward to hosting at night.

The program we were given a week ago had Onkas and Bridgy and no Mt. Lofty. If Bridgy Cs are defunct it would be the end for Callington, but I guess we knew that a couple of years ago. :-(

Excellent traiining numbers in Pantherland. The boys are keen and ready to field a full side.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Legs Man » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:26 am

Such a pity that the Bridgewater / Callington amalgamation has seen the death of The Eagles.

It was always on the cards though - with Bridgy simply making sure they had an oval to use in the wet winter months.

Callington should have gained an ongoing FIRM commitment that they would still be represented - if not in C division then in some form.

What has Callington gained or benefited from the partnership?

My suggestion would be to have Bridgy's reserves grade wearing the Callington jumper so it is at least equitable.

Currently it seems to be all in favour of one side.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby The Gimp » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:39 am

Legs Man wrote:Such a pity that the Bridgewater / Callington amalgamation has seen the death of The Eagles.

It was always on the cards though - with Bridgy simply making sure they had an oval to use in the wet winter months.

Callington should have gained an ongoing FIRM commitment that they would still be represented - if not in C division then in some form.

What has Callington gained or benefited from the partnership?

My suggestion would be to have Bridgy's reserves grade wearing the Callington jumper so it is at least equitable.

Currently it seems to be all in favour of one side.

Callington had the chance to stay alive by joining the C grade comp like Milang and they chose not to.
Blind Freddy could see that Bridgewater were just taking them over for their oval.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Legs Man » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:48 am

Perhaps Bridgewater could grab Cally's bar facility as well...
Attachments
Bridgy bar.jpg
Bridgy bar.jpg (5.97 KiB) Viewed 3608 times
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Hear the roar » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Milang Panthers ready to play in season 2014. Any news from other C "Grade sides? Comp kicks off at Ironbank this Friday night.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby FairDinkum » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:46 am

I hear Lobethal have players coming out of the woodwork for a game, should be good fun Friday evening
FairDinkum
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Hear the roar » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:16 pm

Should be an especially good nite FD as according to the latest Sporting Pulse Program Lobey are playing at midnight. Hope the old fellas are up to it.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:23 pm

Good luck to all the teams for the season.
Any scores for round 1?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby Hear the roar » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:24 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:Good luck to all the teams for the season.
Any scores for round 1?

Milang Panthers defeated very decisively at Ironbank. They kicked goals; we kicked points. We had two less scoring shots at 3/4 time but were well and truly behind by then. No idea of the final score as there were no scoreboard attendants. The game was played in good spirits and the young Panthers will learn from the night. One big gripe though:- There was no food whatsoever available at the ground. Many Panthers and supporters travelled from home for well over an hour with no time to spare in order to start at 7 pm. A bite to eat would've been nice.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:58 pm

What's the story, have Mt Lofty pulled out and Mt Barker replaced them?
Also any scores from today?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby Hear the roar » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:57 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:What's the story, have Mt Lofty pulled out and Mt Barker replaced them?
Also any scores from today?

Yes YOPK, Mt. Lofty pulled the pin, Mt. Barker now in. Consequently the program has changed numerous times.

Scores from today:-

Milang defeated Lobethal by around 4 goals. A high-standard game which was goal for goal for the first 3 quarters. Then the Panthers stepped up and ran amok in the final term, leaving Lobey looking tired and slow. The Panthers are developing fast as a unit and will worry most sides this year.

Ironbank over Uraidla in the second game, also by around 4 goals. A couple of very nasty injuries slowed Uri down.

The ground was in superb condition and full credit to the teams who all fielded full sides. A great day out with plenty of interest. Cs are alive and well!
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Kickittometoo » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Yes full marks to all at Milang, the ground was magnificent, food excellent, 10 out of 10 for the entire day.
I thought the Panthers were much improved, no longer a light/small side and were very tenacious and unstoppable in the last quarter. You must be happy with this result HTR, your boys looked fit and ran on strongly when it mattered.
Watching MILFS while you play footy
Kickittometoo
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times

Postby FairDinkum » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:55 pm

Congratulations Milang, I hope to make it there this season, I am very happy to see the Tigers back in the C's, lots of numbers are a good sign and it would be very sad not to see a Milang Panthers out on the park, glad we can be part of the series.
FairDinkum
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times

Postby Hear the roar » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:30 pm

Cracka, we would've appreciated Onkas in Cs this year; always enjoyed playing you guys. Were you close to fielding a side?
Hear the roar
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy