SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Arch44 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:42 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Arch44 wrote:I could bring the shield though that I have sitting in my lounge room at the minute ;)

Yeah do it, love to see you lugging that thing around all day :lol:

Nah it's looking good where it is.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:53 am

The_Informer wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
The_Informer wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Through my playing life, it was normally just the 1 ( and that was towards the end of my career ) to talk about the next game. I just heard from the grapevine that there was 3 meetings a week to discuss stuff. I just thought that was a bit odd thats all. No harm intended. Especially the label of "Deadset Tosser". Thats a bit rich I must say. ;)

Now this is the truth, there is one meeting on a Thursday night after a shortned training session for the coach to address the A grade squad.

B4E you are quite welcome to come down the club and address any issues you have.

Like I said no issue from me. All good. Just clarifying something that is all. My apologies to anyone that I have offended.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby The Real Number 3 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:40 pm

Last edited by The Real Number 3 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Real Number 3 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:47 pm

now, to actual footy talk....

I know it's only round 4, but I cannot see anyone coming close to Rosewaters B grade. Rumbles and bloody Vinesy tore us a new one last Friday!
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Postby Arch44 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:51 pm

The Real Number 3 wrote:now, to actual footy talk....

I know it's only round 4, but I cannot see anyone coming close to Rosewaters B grade. Rumbles and bloody Vinesy tore us a new one last Friday!

I did notice Rumbelow played Bgrade and kicked a few. Did he play deep or half forward?
We got them at home week after you guys.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Real Number 3 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:01 pm

CHB haha they spread unbelievably for a B grade team. Very very well drilled unit with no passengers. We're still a youngish team with a new coach, so even though it was a shocking day for us, it was good to see what level is required to compete with them.

However I must say this, as much as a great team they are, they definitely do get a helping hand from their umpire. I counted 4 1 handed handballs by their ruckman in the first qtr that went unpunished right infront of the umps eyes!! Mr Beefy, what happened to Terry, your B grade ump from last year? He was easily the best and most fairest home umpire I saw last year
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:14 pm

As they should, they're genuine A graders :shock:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:23 pm

For a bloke that has played probably over 200 games for the club, not to mention still having family playing/involved in the club, I would've thought any questions (especially such stupid ones like your last) you have would be kept from the public eye. As The Informer has said, you are welcome to come down to the club for the first time in 2 years and ask any of the people in the know. Until then please refrain from commenting, because 85% of it is just crap and embarrassing for yourself.[/quote]

All good here mate. My apologies.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby The Informer » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:27 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

As they should, they're genuine A graders :shock:

PG you blokes still got 3 or 4 guys playing C grade that played in your A grade flag last season?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:29 pm

The_Informer wrote:PG you blokes still got 3 or 4 guys playing C grade that played in your A grade flag last season?

Yes we have, and like Rumbles/Vines I expect them to dominate in that grade of football
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:34 pm

The Real Number 3 wrote:CHB haha they spread unbelievably for a B grade team. Very very well drilled unit with no passengers. We're still a youngish team with a new coach, so even though it was a shocking day for us, it was good to see what level is required to compete with them.

However I must say this, as much as a great team they are, they definitely do get a helping hand from their umpire. I counted 4 1 handed handballs by their ruckman in the first qtr that went unpunished right infront of the umps eyes!! Mr Beefy, what happened to Terry, your B grade ump from last year? He was easily the best and most fairest home umpire I saw last year
Terry was going to umpire but I think he wasnt able to due to a change of work hours. The umpire on Sat prob wont be our regular one. Talking about umpires, when we were kicking out from full back after a point, what was your umpire calling the kick back for (I think that was what was going on)?
Vinesy and Rumbles have hardly trained. All things going well with injuries, we will have at least a couple going into the A grade which should strengthen the Bs a bit more. Its a lot more enjoyable watching the Bs this year than previous years.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:37 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Talking about umpires, when we were kicking out from full back after a point, what was your umpire calling the kick back for (I think that was what was going on)?.

On the weekend the Angle Vale B grade umpire appeared fairly new to the role, thought he did a pretty good job actually, but we had a mark about a metre inside the point line, which the player went back and then passed off to a player directly in front.. the umpire stopped play and went and asked the goal umpire if it went over the line or was marked in the field of play, then made the guy take the kick again :lol:

Although if thats all i can pick on, shows he had a good game.

Mr Beefy wrote:Vinesy and Rumbles have hardly trained. All things going well with injuries, we will have at least a couple going into the A grade which should strengthen the Bs a bit more. Its a lot more enjoyable watching the Bs this year than previous years.

Good position to be in as a club, we have been fortunate enough so far to have fairly consistent sides so far, and of course winning makes life easier.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Informer » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
The_Informer wrote:PG you blokes still got 3 or 4 guys playing C grade that played in your A grade flag last season?

Yes we have, and like Rumbles/Vines I expect them to dominate in that grade of football

B grade not a option mate?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:53 pm

The_Informer wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

B grade not a option mate?

Gotta train to play reserves.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:04 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
The_Informer wrote:B grade not a option mate?

Exactly as MBK said, have to train. We are fortunate enough that our B grade have been travelling along ok so don't need to worry so much about these guys and can reward the players who are putting in the effort on the track.

Dare say as the season goes on though, will see them move up gradually, just like Paul "Wrongy" Wright did last week.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:49 pm

Id like to apologise to anyone on here from Mawson Lakes if I had implied something was going on. I didnt think that it wasnt that of a deal. I shouldve thought before I wrote on here. I can be a bit impulsive. There was never a intention to upset anyone. So I apologise to the guys from Mawson's and anyone else for my remark.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:55 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Id like to apologise to anyone on here from Mawson Lakes if I had implied something was going on. I didnt think that it wasnt that of a deal. I shouldve thought before I wrote on here. I can be a bit impulsive. There was never a intention to upset anyone. So I apologise to the guys from Mawson's and anyone else for my remark.

Dude, you've apologised 3 or 4 times now, i'm sure they got it.. if someone still has the sads on about it then continuing to apologise isnt going to help, stuff em they'll get over it!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:49 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:
The_Informer wrote:B grade not a option mate?

Exactly as MBK said, have to train. We are fortunate enough that our B grade have been travelling along ok so don't need to worry so much about these guys and can reward the players who are putting in the effort on the track.

Dare say as the season goes on though, will see them move up gradually, just like Paul "Wrongy" Wright did last week.

Will the Doggies be bringing back their "Ginger Turnip" back through the Magoos or does he have another midget wedding to attend :shock:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Dr Phil » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:45 am

wats the highest div central united have got?
Dr Phil
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby carey » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:13 am

Dr Phil wrote:wats the highest div central united have got?

Div 5

I think.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League