Rnd 5 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham (Sun 4/5)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 5 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham (Sun 4/5)

Postby Columbo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:00 pm

RB wrote:
LPH wrote:No, I spelt it wrong - thought it was you who pointed that out?
Don't think so but I could be wrong - my memory is a bit like by Barry O'Farrell's.

Not you RB, for the sake of factual reporting it was me. All good this time play on ;)
Trust the process.
Columbo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby LPH » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Correct & All Clear... :lol:
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby RB » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Ha! Vindication! :grin:
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby southee » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:32 pm

eaglehaslanded wrote:I'll take a great bit of pride out of the weekends game if we can take the W away from Noarlunga. Awful lot of haters of Ainger, Boyd and Wundke out there. But the question has to be asked - why did they leave. Look after your own backyard and maybe your players will want to stay and play for your club. Don't blame the Eagles because they wanted to leave.

I think you will find it is "how they left the club" that has pi$$ed off South supporters (and trust me ...we have a right to be pi$$ed!) :evil:
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Bunton » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:50 pm

scott wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:Hhaha..
well if he does give you a spray he'll probably have to join the queue....

Well there is no way our club could afford to have those 3 players at the same time , pay them and still be under the salary cap.
Nathan Daniel is now a solid sanfl player, probably getting 10% of what you are paying Wundke or Boyd or Ainger; and as far as character and integrity goes he'd leave those other mercenaries for dead.

Dunno why Nathan Daniel's name was even brought up? The bloke struggled for a game at the Eagles (31 in four seasons) and genuinely left for greater opportunities, and has played 63 of a possible 66 for us since crossing.

If guys like Ainger and Wundke want to up and leave when the going gets a little tough and there's a bit of extra coin elsewhere, then good f##king riddance. Only want blokes who bleed blue and white to pull on our jumper.

True Nathan Daniel did not get much of a chance at WWT, although just before he left he was training with Port Power who were considering drafting him. Wasn't the only local product to get burnt by the Eagles with Todd Miles shown the door, only to go on and be one of the best backman and lleaders in the comp, and even a young local guy on small money like Lee Staple clearly shown he was not wanted to make way for a couple of hugely paid mercenaries who have now played at 6 state league clubs (not even including Wundke's feeder club while in the AFL) between them.

PS, Aing hardly got a touch in his games v South last year, not to mention being a key reason for the Eagles finals implosion. Seems these sort of games play with his head - will be intriguing to see how he goes Sunday. I for one will be with the SAFC Board member providing some unconstructive feedback, and loving every minute of it. :D
Bunton
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby robranisgod » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:53 pm

southee wrote:
eaglehaslanded wrote:I'll take a great bit of pride out of the weekends game if we can take the W away from Noarlunga. Awful lot of haters of Ainger, Boyd and Wundke out there. But the question has to be asked - why did they leave. Look after your own backyard and maybe your players will want to stay and play for your club. Don't blame the Eagles because they wanted to leave.

I think you will find it is "how they left the club" that has pi$$ed off South supporters (and trust me ...we have a right to be pi$$ed!) :evil:

In the case of Wundke, didn't he leave the club for exactly the same reason that he came to the club?
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 227 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Panther Pack » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:08 pm

LPH wrote:
scott wrote:I just don't know how ya do it? Don't call me Shirley, but surely you still want the Eagles to win? Even a little bit.

Even if South voted yes, there'd be absolutely no way in the world I would contemplate following any other side. I love my club too much.

I've been over this before, so I won't 'drone' on about it, but will try a short explanation:

1. I struggled with the 1990 merger - played Juniors @ WTFC & barracked for them from 5 yrs old in 1976.
2. As a result of the Cows being born, WWTFC sent (year after year) letters to supporters seeking Membership Money to "... keep the Club financial" - I contributed by becoming a paid-up member.
3. The Premiership in 2006 (I thought) finally made us "One Club" - up until then there was still a lot of Woodville & West Torrens supporters rather than Woodville-West Torrens supporters. Personally, I felt that Flag finally 'put the merger behind us'.
4. Last year's "Yes" vote is NOT the reason I didn't renew my WWTFC Membership - rather the way it was handled by Slaven (note spelling RB ;) ) If the Club had given the Members a vote/say (like SAFC did) & the "Yes Vote" got up (even 51% in favour) then I would've accepted it & renewed my membership & continued my support for the Club. The Club did not do this, so they lost me as a supporter - my son still supports them.
5. CDFC were too far away to attend games, so SAFC got my money - I love the SANFL, so I pay (like ANZAC Day) $14 to attend various games that involved the Cows - so I can barrack against them

I hope this explains it.
That said, I am not sure how Sunday will 'pan out' in terms of being a 'supporter' of SAFC against WWTFC... this will be the 'test' as to whether or not I can become a South Supporter (my Daughter has always been a South supporter BTW but she's only 9) or whether or not I just become an 'Anti-Cows' type attendee at SANFL games - we shall see.

I fully understand people questioning this action but one must remember that my 'true football love' (WTFC) ceased to exist in 1991, so it makes the decision a little easier to swallow, I guess.

Happy to have you join the Panthers mate! :D
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:26 pm

robranisgod wrote:
southee wrote:

In the case of Wundke, didn't he leave the club for exactly the same reason that he came to the club?

Pretty sure that is how Parry came to be as South as well.

Eagles recruiting Boyd had nothing to do with South Adelaide
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby southee » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:36 pm

robranisgod wrote:
southee wrote:

Bit more to the story than meets the eye........it was very poor form. :evil:
southee
Assistant Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:45 pm

southee wrote:
robranisgod wrote:
southee wrote:

Bit more to the story than meets the eye........it was very poor form. :evil:

For all us plebs on here, anyone care to elaborate on this
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby southee » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:05 am

Not really Jim .... In the past now.

I'm a great believer in Karma though! ;)
southee
Assistant Coach

Postby Bounce of the ball » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:01 am

Should be a good game and the Eagles just unless South have a few return from injury. I hope South supporters get behind their team as they are a good side and seem to finally have players playing for the right reason. They desperately need a top 3 finish for a couple of years in a row to gain more support though.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby areaman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:22 am

Wow, already 3 pages on Wednesday morning for an Eagles v South pre game discussion.

Would have been lucky to have 3 posts by now for some of our previous clashes.

Good for the comp that South and their fans are up and about.

Bring on Sunday.
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Aerie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:56 am

Didn't South trade Wundke for LPH? That's my understanding anyway. The Eagles were reluctant but LPH wanted out.

Eagles have been solid, without being outstanding so far. Players such as Batley, Borholm, Poole and Von Bertouch have stepped up as required. The next wave of Lloyd, Dunstan and Fitzgerald look promising.

Wundke and Boyd have been valuable additions and McGregor has been the real find of the season to add that spark that only Goldsworthy provided last season.

Grocke, Templeton, Heinjus and Rowntree add some depth if they can return later in the season.

Look forward to the game. Hopefully the Eagles can burst South's bubble.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:14 pm

southee wrote:Not really Jim .... In the past now.

I'm a great believer in Karma though! ;)

It's obviously not because many souf posters have brought it up again.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Panther Pack » Thu May 01, 2014 3:17 pm

Been told Rolfe is a strong chance to return this week!
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby blueandwhite » Thu May 01, 2014 4:29 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Been told Rolfe is a strong chance to return this week!

Sorry but my mail is hes playing in the 2's again this week..

Interesting week at the selection table ....need to find a small defender or two now that Taraks gone for the year..I like the look of young Makepeace,, 8)
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Mickyj » Thu May 01, 2014 6:16 pm

Eagles League
F: Poole, Wundke, Goldsworthy
HF: Hall, Ainger, A. Dunstan
C: Allmond, Lewis, Sumner
HB: P. Raymond, Von Bertouch, Batley
B: Kane, Jarrad, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Powell, Boyd
INT: T. Fitzgerald, McGregor, Lloyd
UNCHANGED

Reserves
F: Press, Muller, Hayes
HF: M. Raymond, T. Whittlesea, Blesing
C: G. Ellis, Appleton, J. Sinor
HB: Summerton, Mackenzie, Muirhead
B: Osborne, Killian, Lane

R: Mullins, T. Schwarz, Rowland
INT: Huppatz, Lodge, Ventura, Pfitzner

Under-18
F: Westbrook, Weger, Manners
HF: Roads, Michalanney, Haylock
C: Elfenbein, Enright, Woods
HB: M. Schwarz, Gameau, Blumson
B: Smith, Taheny, Holman

R: Baqeri, Gaffney, Minney
INT: Hall, Bottin, Dunstan
EMG: Turner, Seccafien, Thunig
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby saintal » Thu May 01, 2014 6:35 pm

South

In: Ah Chee, Makepeace, Crabb.
Out: Irra

Will be Makepeace's debut I believe if he makes the final cut, which it looks like he might as he's named in a back pocket.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby DOC » Thu May 01, 2014 6:44 pm

If Jarrad plays at full back then Jake Veide will be at full forward.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL