Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:07 pm

is there a tribunal that you can go to Fisho?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu May 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Yep we'll have to - apparently they're meant to show us the final inspection report before they hire cleaners etc. I really just don't want to deal with them any more, but I want them punished too for this and how they've treated us. I've been crying all morning because of how horrible they were on the phone, they made me feel like such a piece of sh1t.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu May 01, 2014 1:28 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:Yep we'll have to - apparently they're meant to show us the final inspection report before they hire cleaners etc. I really just don't want to deal with them any more, but I want them punished too for this and how they've treated us. I've been crying all morning because of how horrible they were on the phone, they made me feel like such a piece of sh1t.

I'm guessing this is private rental through the owners not an agency?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu May 01, 2014 1:30 pm

Raine & Horne
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Spargo » Thu May 01, 2014 1:30 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:Yep we'll have to - apparently they're meant to show us the final inspection report before they hire cleaners etc. I really just don't want to deal with them any more, but I want them punished too for this and how they've treated us. I've been crying all morning because of how horrible they were on the phone, they made me feel like such a piece of sh1t.

After contacting the tribunal (make sure you do!) you should let your old landlord know what's gone on, tell him everything. If you get along well with him like you say then he would probably appreciate you telling him the situation .
Last edited by Spargo on Thu May 01, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5476 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu May 01, 2014 1:30 pm

Send in the bond return form yourself before the agent sends it in. If they dispute it, its up to them to prove why they should keep a portion at the tribunal. If they send in the form first then it is up to you to prove why they shouldn't keep a portion.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu May 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Send in the bond return form yourself before the agent sends it in. If they dispute it, its up to them to prove why they should keep a portion at the tribunal. If they send in the form first then it is up to you to prove why they shouldn't keep a portion.

I don't know how much they're keeping yet, they said they haven't got the bills. I'll ask Mr mcspaz to call the landlord. He needs to know, I think.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Thu May 01, 2014 2:01 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Send in the bond return form yourself before the agent sends it in. If they dispute it, its up to them to prove why they should keep a portion at the tribunal. If they send in the form first then it is up to you to prove why they shouldn't keep a portion.

I don't know how much they're keeping yet, they said they haven't got the bills. I'll ask Mr mcspaz to call the landlord. He needs to know, I think.

This process can take ages.

If the contractors they used only invoice monthly then you will be waiting that long, apparently there is no time frame that they have to release the bond in either.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Gozu » Thu May 01, 2014 2:21 pm

Real estate agents are so dodgy.

When I was negotiating whether to sign a new lease at my place I said I wanted a periodic lease not another 12 month fixed term like they'd offered me and I want it in writing that they're not going to jack up the rent again mid-lease. I had never heard of that happening before in my life but a few months ago (about 8 months into my original lease) I asked my real estate agent if she could finally get the landlord to put a proper gate around the side of the unit like he promised he would on the day I moved in as the bed base he had been using as a makeshift gate kept blowing over and taking out my bins sending the rubbish everywhere.

A few weeks later he comes over and does it, a cheap nasty gate but at least something you can open & lock but then 3-4 days later I get a letter from the real estate agency saying my rent is going up $10 a week to start at around the 10 month mark of my original 12 month lease. I spoke to the tribunal and they said if certain language was used in the original lease it meant they could jack up the rent every 6 months. As I'm a model tenant when my original 12 month lease was about to expire I said I wanted it in writing that the rent will only go up once every 12 months and she said "Oh the law has been changed now it can only go up once every 12 months now not once every 6 months like before so don't worry about that" and then on me wanting a periodic lease she said "No one does periodic leases" I said "Hang on I was on a periodic at my last place, my mother is on a periodic at her place, my brother was on a periodic until he & his g/f bought their own place and his g/f was on a periodic before that too".

I wanted a periodic because of an incident a few months ago with a new guy that moved in who is the stereotypical un-civilised feral you would almost see on TT or ACA starring as "The world's worst neighbour". Just a rubbish human being. It sucks as the complex was decent before he moved in but it always only takes one bad egg. Anyway eventually the agent said the el cheapo tight arse landlord here doesn't do periodic leases but if I signed a 12 month fixed term they would put a clause in it I could break it and leave (4 weeks notice) if there is ever another incident with this dickhead.

Never ever take what a real estate agent says to you on face value and keep pushing until you get what you want.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu May 01, 2014 3:00 pm

They're such c**ts. I'm so glad our new agents are nice. They're a bit absentminded but they're good people.

Something else giving me the s***s - falling asleep during the day with a massive deadline, so looks like a third allnighter for me. I think I'm heading for a breakdown. I'd resort to the Duromine again to stay awake but I'm scared I'll die.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu May 01, 2014 4:10 pm

I feel so lucky, I rent privately directly through the owners of the property and they are fantastic and very understanding, haven't had any issues, they give me plenty of notice if they want to do an inspection (which is rare) and understand that its a home not a show house and isn't going to remain exactly pristine like the day it was built, there is always some wear and tear. Best part is *touch wood* they haven't put the rent up once since i moved in a couple years ago :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Psyber » Thu May 01, 2014 8:04 pm

I had some problems with rental agents the first year in Melbourne when we rented for two years before buying, and again when we were in Adelaide for 6 months in 2003 getting my elderly mother's affairs sorted out and her into a nursing home.

I found the best solution was to type and present to them a list of the things they hadn't done properly to match up with their assertions against us, and then suggest we call it quits or go straight to the tribunal to argue about it and the bond it rather than waste time going round in circles. I also included the principles of the firm in the communication, in case they didn't know what their staff were up to.

Both agents folded at that point, and I got the full bond back each time.
They don't want their malfunctioning publicly revealed.

Some of the people in property management are just bullies, and some are just dills.
(Some may be crooks getting kickbacks from generating work for local tradie friends.)

That said another rental agent in Melbourne - our second year there was excellent - and that agency got our business when we were selling our property there later.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu May 01, 2014 8:29 pm

Mr McSpaz has taken over communication with the agents. He's well known within his workplace for being able to deal with arseholes over the phone. He said they're not to talk to me again and that he will be putting every incident of malpractice in writing. He wasn't impressed with how they've treated me. I feel much better now - he is seriously awesome at telling jerks off, never makes threats or gets angry, he just sounds really authoritative. If I wasn't his missus I'd be seriously intimidated by his phone manner.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby dedja » Thu May 01, 2014 8:41 pm

Doesn't get angry?

Even when he wakes up with texta on his face?
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Fri May 02, 2014 2:02 am

He gets angry about stuff, just not at jerks on the phone. Texta on his face - he accepts that as fair game mostly. The last time I pissed him off was at the dinner table. I went 'Look at me, I'm Denethor!' and chomped a cherry tomato so it went everywhere. I thought it was funny as f*** but I was the only one :(
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby The Ash Man » Fri May 02, 2014 10:09 am

carey wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:Remembering I'm supposed to be in Melbourne tomorrow arvo for work and haven't booked flights cos my secretary has been off sick

Whoops

Is she hot?

Nope
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri May 02, 2014 10:11 am

The Ash Man wrote:
carey wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:Remembering I'm supposed to be in Melbourne tomorrow arvo for work and haven't booked flights cos my secretary has been off sick

Whoops

Is she hot?

Nope

Wont stop carey :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Fri May 02, 2014 10:11 am

The Ash Man wrote:

Whoops

Every time I travel now I am brining an extension cord

Surely you can put a power point closer to the couch FFS

Trying to do some work on my laptop and the cord wouldn't reach the PowerPoint from the coffee table. After a few beers and a bottle of red it was a major problem!
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:59 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:
carey wrote:

Whoops

Is she hot?

Nope

Wont stop wayne carey :lol:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri May 02, 2014 11:23 am

Walking to the bus stop in the pouring rain, streets flooded now i have to sit at work with wet socks :(

Seriously considering going and buying a new pair
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion