SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby tkr » Sun May 04, 2014 10:50 pm

Footballcanbecruel wrote:
Yank Man wrote::D Spear me with an arrow if you like, but I think the top 4 teams are well ahead of the rest after 4 rounds.

Usually the case after four matches have been played.

I also heard from a few of the blokes at fitzroy that when they play at Mitchell park they are keen for a few frothies at the Mitchell park footy club. A couple of their better a grade players live on the same street as the Mitchell park oval.

Hey Yank Man is June 30th still the cut off for clearances ;)
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 05, 2014 10:27 am

Any one from Mawson Lakes how is the lad from the Bgrade that was taken in an ambulance?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon May 05, 2014 10:29 am

Ladder Rd 4:
Rosewater - 8
Ingle Farm - 8
West Croydon - 8
Blackfriars - 6
Lockleys - 4
------------------------------------
Fitzroy - 2
Mawson Lakes - 2
Central United - 2
Angle Vale - 0
Mitchell Park - 0

Round 5:
West Croydon (3rd) v Rosewater (1st)
Fitzroy (6th) v Angle Vale (9th)
Lockleys (5th) v Mitchell Park (10th)
Ingle Farm (2nd) v Mawson Lakes (7th)
Blackfriars (4th) v Central United (8th)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon May 05, 2014 12:29 pm

Massive weekend of games coming up (again) this weekend! After the Round 4 results, it appears no team can afford to switch off at all during this season or risk falling off the pace.

West Croydon v Rosewater: The juggernaut from Rosewater continues to roll on, after defeating the impressive and previously undefeated Blackfriars by 10 goals on the weekend, they now travel to West Croydon who also remain undefeated. This shapes as a genuine shoot out, however Rosewater look to have more goal scoring options and it must be said at this early stage of the season look unstopable. After this match, one side will be clear on top undefeated and the other will find themselves suddenly back in the pack.

Fitzroy v Angle Vale:Fitzroy finally got on the board for a win on the weekend, beating the dangerous Central United at Mofflin, and beating them comfortably. With a favourable run coming up, the 'Roys have a great opportunity to erase the deficit on the ladder after their first few rounds and entrench themselves well inside the 5 by the halfway mark. Angle Vale are struggling, no two ways about it and travelling to Fitzroy will again test them. Percentage booster for Fitzroy

Lockleys v Mitchell Park: Unfortunately for Mitchell Park, this is going to be a long season. Systematically destroyed by Ingle Farm on the weekend to continue their tough start to the year, the Lions appear to lack genuine options up forward. Lockleys however have been far from impressive so far this season, even the games they have won haven't appeared as convincing as either they should be or other sides have been producing. Don't think Mitchell Park can win this one, Lockleys will be firmly in the 5 after this round.

Ingle Farm v Mawson Lakes: The return of the pleasure machine to Ingle Farm has been eagerly anticipated since he decided to part ways at the end of last season, but perhaps too much focus has been placed on the Knowles v Ingle Farm clash, the fact is these are two very capable sides and proud clubs that will be out for the win. So much to gain, and so much to lose in terms of setting up their seasons. Ingle Farm are tough to beat at home but have had a couple of soft weeks while Mawson Lakes have been tested by the best so far this year and pushed West Croydon before fading late. Travis Uern continues to lead from the front, a dangerous game breaker who is the key once again for Lakes should except some close attention this week - one man that wont be allowed to "fly under the radar".

Blackfriars v Central United:After losing their first game of the seaosn last week, Blackfriars will be eager to get back into winning ways as they host Central United who will be disappointed in their efforts last week against Fitzroy - a game they would've given themselves a red hot chance of winning. The return of Woodward will bolster the Units. For Blackfriars they'll need to start faster than they did against Rosewater, if they give the Units a chance they could be in trouble.. I smell an upset on the cards here..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Mon May 05, 2014 12:30 pm

tkr wrote:
Yank Man wrote::D Spear me with an arrow if you like, but I think the top 4 teams are well ahead of the rest after 4 rounds.

I also heard from a few of the blokes at fitzroy that when they play at Mitchell park they are keen for a few frothies at the Mitchell park footy club. A couple of their better a grade players live on the same street as the Mitchell park oval.

Sure is. Might be free frothies for those lads. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby The Informer » Mon May 05, 2014 12:57 pm

Arch44 wrote:Any one from Mawson Lakes how is the lad from the Bgrade that was taken in an ambulance?

Still in the resuscitation part of the RAH with a broken cheekbone and will be in for a few days.

Finds out today if he needs surgery.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 05, 2014 1:00 pm

The_Informer wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Any one from Mawson Lakes how is the lad from the Bgrade that was taken in an ambulance?

Still in the resuscitation part of the RAH with a broken cheekbone and will be in for a few days.

Finds out today if he needs surgery.

Ok cheers. Hope all goes well.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby hill » Mon May 05, 2014 3:56 pm

Yank Man wrote:
tkr wrote:

Sure is. Might be free frothies for those lads. :D

Fitzroy will always hang around for a couple of cold ones regardless of the result.
hill
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Demon Juke » Mon May 05, 2014 11:13 pm

Blackfriars v Central United:After losing their first game of the seaosn last week, Blackfriars will be eager to get back into winning ways as they host Central United who will be disappointed in their efforts last week against Fitzroy - a game they would've given themselves a red hot chance of winning. The return of Woodward will bolster the Units. For Blackfriars they'll need to start faster than they did against Rosewater, if they give the Units a chance they could be in trouble.. I smell an upset on the cards here..[/quote]

Woodward won't play again this week as the club as given him another game, as the new rules they are implementing. I think the units are rebuliding this year and just trying to win a enough games to avoid going to div 7.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby The Informer » Tue May 06, 2014 9:25 am

Arch44 i know you blokes got a bit confused during cricket season with sitting where the home side sits, but didnt know that this flowed onto football season and you need to warm up at the home teams end?

You blokes got something about respecting home teams or something lol
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Arch44 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:45 am

The_Informer wrote:

Arch44 i know you blokes got a bit confused during cricket season with sitting where the home side sits, but didnt know that this flowed onto football season and you need to warm up at the home teams end?

You blokes got something about respecting home teams or something lol

:lol: It was entertaining wasn't it? Nah wasn't a deliberate act just the way it panned out. You blokes get the points that's what really matters.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 06, 2014 9:51 am

The_Informer wrote:you need to warm up at the home teams end?

You have "an end"?! :shock: :?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:56 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
The_Informer wrote:you need to warm up at the home teams end?

You have "an end"?! :shock: :?

Apparently they do PG.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 06, 2014 10:00 am

=)) =)) Geez i've heard it all now!!!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Riddler » Tue May 06, 2014 10:04 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:=)) =)) Geez i've heard it all now!!!

Are you for real? I would assume nearly every club has an end they always warm up at on their home oval. You saying Ingle Farm doesn't go to the same end for home games??
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 06, 2014 10:08 am

The Riddler wrote:Are you for real? I would assume nearly every club has an end they always warm up at on their home oval. You saying Ingle Farm doesn't go to the same end for home games??

All depends on who comes out onto the oval first, if the opposition does we just go to the opposite end they are at, have never even thought about it as having a preferred end :lol:

In that case apologies to Flinder Uni for taking your end on the weekend!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:10 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
The Riddler wrote:Are you for real? I would assume nearly every club has an end they always warm up at on their home oval. You saying Ingle Farm doesn't go to the same end for home games??

All depends on who comes out onto the oval first, if the opposition does we just go to the opposite end they are at, have never even thought about it as having a preferred end :lol:

In that case apologies to Flinder Uni for taking your end on the weekend!

And that's exactly what happened.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby morell » Tue May 06, 2014 10:14 am

We tend to ensure that when playing away we take the end farthest from the club house as a sign of respect. It annoys me if a visiting team takes the clubhouse end to warm up at our ground and we have been known to politely tell teams to please move.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 06, 2014 10:18 am

Maybe it's not a problem at Ingle Farm because the club rooms are pretty well in the middle of the ground and the changerooms lead out to an end each, but i've never noticed and definitely never been bothered if a side is at a particular end.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 06, 2014 10:19 am

Yep, at home, everyone has an "end"
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League