SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 06, 2014 10:21 am

Footy Chick wrote:Yep, at home, everyone has an "end"

Pathetic
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 06, 2014 10:22 am

I'm going to make it my quest to "steal" every oppositions "end" when we play away from now on hahaha! :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 06, 2014 10:23 am

you would because you're a pain in the arse
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Riddler » Tue May 06, 2014 10:25 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Pathetic

The general rule in the AFL/SANFL is you warm up at the side/end your bench is
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 06, 2014 10:27 am

The Riddler wrote:The general rule in the AFL/SANFL is you warm up at the side/end your bench is

See that I can appreciate, that to me makes more sense than holding a claim to a particular end because it's your ground.

So for arguements sake, Mitchell Park visitor bench is closest to the club, so does that mean the visiting sides get to warm up at the end closest to the club? :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Informer » Tue May 06, 2014 10:28 am

I would always go to the oppsiste end than what the club would be at if i was playing away.

I must be getting old and confused.

I do know as a captain that if the other team where warming up at our end i would make our team warm up beside them at the same end.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Arch44 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:30 am

The Riddler wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Pathetic

So its an unwritten rule?
I have never ever given it a thought. You go out warm up and play the game and we lost so didn't really make a difference did it?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 06, 2014 10:31 am

The_Informer wrote:I would always go to the oppsiste end than what the club would be at if i was playing away.
I must be getting old and confused.
I do know as a captain that if the other team where warming up at our end i would make our team warm up beside them at the same end.

Perhaps it's just an instictual thing to go to the other end, as I said i've never noticed nor been bothered by where we warm up, I couldn't even care less if a side warmed up alongside, means F.A really, it's not going to affect how you play.

Think we are missing the real issue here - Warm ups are boring and a waste of time and take too much energy :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Informer » Tue May 06, 2014 10:32 am

Arch44 wrote:
The_Informer wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Any one from Mawson Lakes how is the lad from the Bgrade that was taken in an ambulance?

Arch44 i know you blokes got a bit confused during cricket season with sitting where the home side sits, but didnt know that this flowed onto football season and you need to warm up at the home teams end?

You blokes got something about respecting home teams or something lol

:lol: It was entertaining wasn't it? Nah wasn't a deliberate act just the way it panned out. You blokes get the points that's what really matters.

I heard that is was a accidednt during the first week of the cricket final but when u blokes camped out the following week to do it again i thought something as up. Like you say it is a pisser and made me laugh when both teams where side by side lol
The Informer
Reserves

Postby morell » Tue May 06, 2014 10:33 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
The Riddler wrote:The general rule in the AFL/SANFL is you warm up at the side/end your bench is

See that I can appreciate, that to me makes more sense than holding a claim to a particular end because it's your ground.

So for arguements sake, Mitchell Park visitor bench is closest to the club, so does that mean the visiting sides get to warm up at the end closest to the club? :lol:
Yeah that's the reason why a couple of teams have started there. I think Riddlers lads might have even taken our end once. It just depends on the clubs, the timing and a wether or not were feeling prickly.

It's not the biggest deal in the world. As a rule of thumb when playing away maybe wait to see which end the home team takes. I know at West Croyden we ended up at the southern end and figured we would move for the home team as it seemed like that was their end. Just a respect and politeness thing. I wouldn't expect you to understand PG.
Last edited by morell on Tue May 06, 2014 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 06, 2014 10:34 am

The_Informer wrote:I heard that is was a accidednt during the first week of the cricket final but when u blokes camped out the following week to do it again i thought something as up. Like you say it is a pisser and made me laugh when both teams where side by side lol

:lol: #mindgames #rentfree :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Riddler » Tue May 06, 2014 10:34 am

Arch44 wrote:
The Riddler wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Pathetic

So its an unwritten rule?
I have never ever given it a thought. You go out warm up and play the game and we lost so didn't really make a difference did it?

In the AFL it's an actual rule
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Postby morell » Tue May 06, 2014 10:35 am

The_Informer wrote:I do know as a captain that if the other team where warming up at our end i would make our team warm up beside them at the same end.
Yep, we have done that too.

They got the point. :lol:
morell
Coach

Postby The Riddler » Tue May 06, 2014 10:36 am

morell wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Yeah that's the reason why a couple of teams have started there. I think Riddlers lads might have even taken our end once. It just depends on the clubs, the timing and a wether or not were feeling prickly.

It's not the biggest deal in the world. As a rule of thumb when playing away maybe wait to see which end the home team takes. I know at West Croyden we ended up at the southern end and figured we would move for the home team as it seemed like that was their end. Just a respect and politeness thing. I wouldn't expect you to understand PG.

Sorry pal :)
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Postby Arch44 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:36 am

The_Informer wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
The_Informer wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Any one from Mawson Lakes how is the lad from the Bgrade that was taken in an ambulance?

Arch44 i know you blokes got a bit confused during cricket season with sitting where the home side sits, but didnt know that this flowed onto football season and you need to warm up at the home teams end?

You blokes got something about respecting home teams or something lol

:lol: It was entertaining wasn't it? Nah wasn't a deliberate act just the way it panned out. You blokes get the points that's what really matters.

I heard that is was a accidednt during the first week of the cricket final but when u blokes camped out the following week to do it again i thought something as up. Like you say it is a pisser and made me laugh when both teams where side by side lol

Gotta say that was my 1st trip to Rose Pk for cricket so was unaware of anything really, wasn't as funny as the scorers not meeting half way though. :lol:
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 06, 2014 10:37 am

morell wrote: Just a respect and politeness thing. I wouldn't expect you to understand PG.

What are you implying?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby morell » Tue May 06, 2014 10:38 am

The one I liked, and for the life of me I can't remember the ground or who it was against - there was literally nowhere to warm up before the game except for a small caged in area out the back, I think they were old tennis courts.

I will always remember the feeling of 42 blokes in this small caged in area before a game and marvelled at how there wasn't any biffo.
morell
Coach

Postby jo172 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:39 am

morell wrote:The one I liked, and for the life of me I can't remember the ground or who it was against - there was literally nowhere to warm up before the game except for a small caged in area out the back, I think they were old tennis courts.

I will always remember the feeling of 42 blokes in this small caged in area before a game and marvelled at how there wasn't any biffo.

Athelstone is a bit like that
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby morell » Tue May 06, 2014 10:41 am

The Riddler wrote:
morell wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Sorry pal :)
You see thats the thing, at the time I seemed to recall that it wasn't a lack of respect or anything and I think someone even asked if that was the end you should warm up and we said its fine.

It's more about the principle of letting the home team choose than it is about actually having a specific end or not.

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
morell wrote: Just a respect and politeness thing. I wouldn't expect you to understand PG.

What are you implying?
I'm not implying anything.

jo172 wrote:
morell wrote:The one I liked, and for the life of me I can't remember the ground or who it was against - there was literally nowhere to warm up before the game except for a small caged in area out the back, I think they were old tennis courts.

Athelstone is a bit like that
I think you might be right!
morell
Coach

Postby The Informer » Tue May 06, 2014 10:42 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
The_Informer wrote:I heard that is was a accidednt during the first week of the cricket final but when u blokes camped out the following week to do it again i thought something as up. Like you say it is a pisser and made me laugh when both teams where side by side lol

:lol: #mindgames #rentfree :lol:

LOL what is rentfree is not being able to make more than 65 in a grand final at your own ground ;) :lol:
The Informer
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League