Worst AFL media person..

Talk on the national game

Re: Worst AFL media person..

Postby Chuck Wepner » Sat May 10, 2014 8:10 pm

James Gayboy Brayshaw I hate him.
I say no to drugs, but they don’t listen.
Chuck Wepner
Under 16s

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: United Yeelanna

Postby carey » Sat May 10, 2014 9:12 pm

Any comment or that calls it 'Down Forward' it's up forward and down back!

It shits me
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Coach Bombay » Mon May 12, 2014 9:35 am

Brian Taylor
Tim Watson
Dwayne Russell

Victorians in general
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:39 am

Nathan Brown.... He is the worst by a mile. Makes me want vear of the road into a stobie pole in the correct angle so the pole destroys my radio...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 12, 2014 10:45 am

Brian Taylors call on Saturday night covered everything but the game of football he was watching.

He is shit. In fact, he sets the bar for shit calling.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby Spargo » Mon May 12, 2014 10:55 am

Booney wrote:Brian Taylors call on Saturday night covered everything but the game of football he was watching.

I'll say it again - when he was on Fox he was funny, not over the top and entertaining.
Ever since he got the leading gig at 3AW and moved to Channel 7 he's arrogant, condescending, tries too hard to for a laugh and yes, a shit caller.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 12, 2014 1:04 pm

so is there a single journo or commentator that is generally accepted to not be horrible?

Denis?

Used to be bruce, he used to be the best by a mile but now it is like he is trying to relive the glory days

Caro, Rucci, Rowey - dont actually mind any of them. Gotta remember they are paid to write or comment on controversial topics and generate discussion, as that is what gets people listening and reading.

5aa is a perfect example of that. You can tell that Rowey is told to try and come up with some left field ideas etc, and always act as a counterpoint to the more rational McDermott. Im sure there are plenty of topics that Rowey is trying to argue that he doesnt even agree with, but the point is to generate a debate and get people to listen and call in etc.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon May 12, 2014 1:11 pm

bennymacca wrote:so is there a single journo or commentator that is generally accepted to not be horrible?
Denis?

I've always liked Drew Morphett, even doing the cricket, I enjoy listening to him.

What frustrates me with commentators are those who try to make a boring game or passage of play sound exciting, or those who just constantly talk crap
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 12, 2014 1:16 pm

yep. its a fine balance. You want accurate calls, but they need to be entertaining at the same time. When the game does wander off a bit the commentators do need to try and lighten it up a bit, but I just dont think they get that mix right that often.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon May 12, 2014 1:17 pm

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:Brian Taylors call on Saturday night covered everything but the game of football he was watching.

I'll say it again - when he was on Fox he was funny, not over the top and entertaining.
Ever since he got the leading gig at 3AW and moved to Channel 7 he's arrogant, condescending, tries too hard to for a laugh and yes, a shit caller.

No he wasn't. He was a complete fuktard then and nothing's changed.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 12, 2014 1:19 pm

bennymacca wrote:so is there a single journo or commentator that is generally accepted to not be horrible?

Unlikely to be one who is universally accepted by all.

For instance I dont have Fox so the limited times I see Tom Harley, Dwayne Russell, Dermott Brereton and Brad Johnson I quite like them. Gerard Healy too. I can't stand Beavis, err I mean Anthony Hudson or Mark Ruccuito.

I think Caro knows her stuff, I think Wayne Carey on Monday night Talking Footy is good value with Tim Watson and Luke Darcy.

I have zero time The Footy Show and the back of bum **** nowhere comedy they try to use.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby Failed Creation » Mon May 12, 2014 1:27 pm

I can't stand Bruce McAvaney, because he gets so excited over mundane little things that happen on-field, and describing his pet player as 'delicious' is sublimely cringeworthy.

Anthony Hudson is cut from the same cloth, or so it seems. I'd be pretty happy if he ****** off elsewhere. I still have nightmares about that dreaded "THIRTEEEEEEEEEEEN!!! THIRTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!" call he did a few years back.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Fricky » Mon May 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Denis?

Used to be bruce, he used to be the best by a mile but now it is like he is trying to relive the glory days

Caro, Rucci, Rowey - dont actually mind any of them. Gotta remember they are paid to write or comment on controversial topics and generate discussion, as that is what gets people listening and reading.

5aa is a perfect example of that. You can tell that Rowey is told to try and come up with some left field ideas etc, and always act as a counterpoint to the more rational McDermott. Im sure there are plenty of topics that Rowey is trying to argue that he doesnt even agree with, but the point is to generate a debate and get people to listen and call in etc.

Rowey is and always will be a brainless knob. By far the worse caller of the game and talk back radio host. The amount of times he has continued to prove how stupid he is makes it a wonder he keeps his job. Yes the stations would ask them to provide ammunition for people to call in, but I don't think he is acting it up - he is that stupid.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 12, 2014 4:59 pm

I met him once at one of those nights where they broadcast from west end brewery, and we sat and watched them broadcast.

Myself and dissident were sitting near the front having a beer and rowey came up and started chatting with us as if he had known us for years. Seemed like a really nice bloke.

Called sando a c*nt too haha. For some gameplan related issue the crows were having.

Really got the sense he knows what his radio persona is supposed to be. Pretty much the new KG.
Last edited by bennymacca on Mon May 12, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Coach Bombay » Mon May 12, 2014 5:10 pm

KG was awful to listen too , especially in the latter stages of his career at 5AA IMO
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby carey » Mon May 12, 2014 8:23 pm

Actually Damien Barrett this year predicted Port to finish 12th and said they were overrated and that Port could've and should've done better than Wines and that McRae from the Bulldogs was a far better option :roll:

F**king idiot.

**note** I do rate McRae but I'd take Wines everyday of the week.

In summery Barrett is a F**kwit.
carey
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 12, 2014 9:18 pm

to be fair to him, port did have a breakout year, and their list is still very young. it would be very easy to assume that wines and wingard have a quieter year, and also forget about the impact that an in form robbie gray could have.

also think i would take mcrae over wines but its close.

but yeah 12th was still way too low. possibly 9th or something before the season started...

they should finish top 4 from here though
bennymacca
Coach

Postby carey » Mon May 12, 2014 9:37 pm

bennymacca wrote:to be fair to him, port did have a breakout year, and their list is still very young. it would be very easy to assume that wines and wingard have a quieter year, and also forget about the impact that an in form robbie gray could have.

but yeah 12th was still way too low. possibly 9th or something before the season started...

I disagree with most of that but hey it's your opinion we all have one. Except your last statement ;)

And on the Wines v McRae it's a needs basis and we needed a Wines type and his a ripper I'd have him over McRae but as I said I do rate McRae
carey
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 12, 2014 10:09 pm

yeah have to be happy if you were either club
bennymacca
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon May 12, 2014 10:12 pm

carey wrote:
bennymacca wrote:to be fair to him, port did have a breakout year, and their list is still very young. it would be very easy to assume that wines and wingard have a quieter year, and also forget about the impact that an in form robbie gray could have.

I disagree with most of that but hey it's your opinion we all have one. Except your last statement ;)

And on the Wines v McRae it's a needs basis and we needed a Wines type and his a ripper I'd have him over McRae but as I said I do rate McRae

Different players, hard to compare, as Carey said Port needed Wines more than MacRae.
Port will finish top from here with 19 wins provided they beat the Hawks next game. Geelong 18 and Hawthorn 17 to round out top 3. All on 18 if Hawks can pull off a miracle in 2 weeks
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL