SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bickle wrote:
Ian wrote:Anyone from Angle Vale, do you have any news on the young fella that went to hospital on Saurday?

yeah, not good for the young fella. still cant feel his legs & was told he'll be in hospital for a couple of months.
he has about 5 bulged discs in his back so looks like surgery for him. has been told he wont play footy again.
still need the swelling to go down to see if there is any real damage, will have to wait & see.
rang him yesterday and he seemed not down, so we're all being positive for him.
the umpires rang him as well to see how he was which was a good gesture from them.

I think Craig is putting on a brave face for you mate, from what I've read on FB and heard, he is pretty down and understandably so. He has a good support base around him which will be critical over the next few weeks.
All the best to the young fella, I'm pretty sure that he's not even 18 yet.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:02 pm

morell wrote:
Arch44 wrote:For all the "hype" about the place for them I think they are beatable.
What odds will you give me that they go through undefeated?

:lol: No odds from me as I am a poor punter and haven't seen Ingle Farm yet.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby carey » Mon May 12, 2014 2:18 pm

morell wrote:
Arch44 wrote:For all the "hype" about the place for them I think they are beatable.

I'll have a piece of that as well thanks Arch? 8)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:24 pm

carey wrote:
morell wrote:

:lol: What odds for us would I have I got for getting close to them then?
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Yank Man » Mon May 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Arch44 wrote:
carey wrote:
morell wrote:

:lol: What odds for us would I have I got for getting close to them then?

26 shots to 16 could have been a lot worse I guess.

From the entire Mitchell Park club we would like to pass on our best wishes to the young Angle Vale lad and his family. No one likes to see that in our great game. :(
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon May 12, 2014 3:41 pm

Mawson Lakes (7th) v Lockleys (5th)
Match of the round for me. Couple of interesting clashes between the top 4 sides this week, but with Fitzroy and Central United having matches they should win comfortably, it adds to the enormity of the outcome of this match.

Mawson Lakes a pre-season favourite amongst a lot of people have struggled so far - granted they have played the top sides - but they quickly need to turn it around. Travis Uern going down on the weekend will hurt them, hopefully he isnt far off a return.

Lockleys have struggled for consistency so far since losing a few of their better players over summer. They have an opportunity to consolidate their position in the 5 if they can win, and are a tougher unit at home, but should they lose, they will likely be leap frogged by Fitzroy and suddenly only be a game ahead of Lakes and Units.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Riddler » Mon May 12, 2014 3:46 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Mawson Lakes (7th) v Lockleys (5th)
Match of the round for me. Couple of interesting clashes between the top 4 sides this week, but with Fitzroy and Central United having matches they should win comfortably, it adds to the enormity of the outcome of this match.

Mawson Lakes a pre-season favourite amongst a lot of people have struggled so far - granted they have played the top sides - but they quickly need to turn it around. Travis Uern going down on the weekend will hurt them, hopefully he isnt far off a return.

Lockleys have struggled for consistency so far since losing a few of their better players over summer. They have an opportunity to consolidate their position in the 5 if they can win, and are a tougher unit at home, but should they lose, they will likely be leap frogged by Fitzroy and suddenly only be a game ahead of Lakes and Units.

You obsessed with Mawson Lakes or what??

Rosewater (1st) v Ingle Farm (2nd)......Pretty sure this is your Match of the Round :roll:
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon May 12, 2014 3:51 pm

The Riddler wrote:You obsessed with Mawson Lakes or what??

Rosewater (1st) v Ingle Farm (2nd)......Pretty sure this is your Match of the Round :roll:

Rosewater unbeatable - Morell has already pointed that out - so another 2points for them, can't see how that can be the match of the round where as the Lakes/Lockleys clash could have a big impact on either sides season.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby morell » Mon May 12, 2014 3:54 pm

I didn't say they were unbeatable, but if the odds were juicy enough I'd have a tipple on them going through without dropping one.

As close to a certainty as you can get in football for the flag IMO.

They're a much better side than last year and the comp isn't as strong.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Q. » Mon May 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Mawson Lakes a pre-season favourite amongst a lot of people have struggled so far - granted they have played the top sides - but they quickly need to turn it around. Travis Uern going down on the weekend will hurt them, hopefully he isnt far off a return.

Was mentioned to me that Uern might not play again this season.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 12, 2014 3:56 pm

The Riddler wrote:

Agree with Riddler 1v2 qualifies as match of the round.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby carey » Mon May 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Arch44 wrote:
The Riddler wrote:

Gents I would hate to point the obvious but clearly Phantom is using the line 'Flying under the radar' and putting it in to practice as opposed to posting it on facebook. Ingle farm are clearly going along as well as anyone in the comp sitting 2nd clearly states that BUT I still cant see anyone getting over the top of Rosewater I guess the margin Saturday will determine how far or close the Farmers are.........

Surely Writey gets a game this week 2 bags in a row!
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Mon May 12, 2014 4:03 pm

Q. wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Mawson Lakes a pre-season favourite amongst a lot of people have struggled so far - granted they have played the top sides - but they quickly need to turn it around. Travis Uern going down on the weekend will hurt them, hopefully he isnt far off a return.

What did he do?
carey
Coach

Postby The Riddler » Mon May 12, 2014 4:04 pm

carey wrote:
Q. wrote:

What did he do?

Copped a boot to the head I heard
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon May 12, 2014 4:06 pm

carey wrote:Surely Writey gets a game this week 2 bags in a row!

18 goals in 3 games.. but Wrongy has to get off his lazy backside and get on the track! Wont be easy to squeeze into the A grade either since no one has really put a foot wrong there so far
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon May 12, 2014 4:08 pm

The Riddler wrote:
carey wrote:What did he do?

Collision with Lynch, knee to the jaw as they both attacked the ball. No malice or intent to harm, was an unfortunate accident, and the umpires obviously seen it the same way as no free kick was awarded and play continued.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 12, 2014 4:09 pm

carey wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
The Riddler wrote:

Gents I would hate to point the obvious but clearly Phantom is using the line 'Flying under the radar' and putting it in to practice as opposed to posting it on facebook. Ingle farm are clearly going along as well as anyone in the comp sitting 2nd clearly states that BUT I still cant see anyone getting over the top of Rosewater I guess the margin Saturday will determine how far or close the Farmers are.........

Surely Writey gets a game this week 2 bags in a row!

Apparently margin doesn't mean much but shots on goal does.....
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby carey » Mon May 12, 2014 4:10 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
carey wrote:Surely Writey gets a game this week 2 bags in a row!

18 goals in 3 games.. but Wrongy has to get off his lazy backside and get on the track! Wont be easy to squeeze into the A grade either since no one has really put a foot wrong there so far

So a B grader kicking 18 in 3 weeks cant get in your A grade yet your conceding to Rosewater already? Hmmmm PG come on mate why don't you just stop the bullshit and come out and say you think your going to beat Rosewater? ;)
carey
Coach

Postby The Riddler » Mon May 12, 2014 4:12 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
The Riddler wrote:
carey wrote:What did he do?

Collision with Lynch, knee to the jaw as they both attacked the ball. No malice or intent to harm, was an unfortunate accident, and the umpires obviously seen it the same way as no free kick was awarded and play continued.

Why does he have an egg on his head then? You're very defensive pal, calm down ;)
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Postby carey » Mon May 12, 2014 4:13 pm

Bugger that's no good for Trav his a pretty handy player as well. Mawsons don't need that preseason 2nd favourites now may struggle to make the 5!

BRING BACK THE RIDDLE the chants will be crying!!!!!!!!

WE WONT GEOFF...............

Give us our Richard Chee Quee
carey
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League