What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in 2014?

Im more interested in the league due to the AFL teams
9%
No change, Im passionate as ever about the league
27%
Im less interested in the league due to the AFL teams
63%

Total votes : 95

What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in 2014

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 19, 2014 11:34 am

Now we are well into the season, Im interested on what interest levels in the League (not your club) you have?

Have we gained more exposure from the AFL teams? Have we lost supporters? Are we as passionate as ever?

Vote away.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

Postby Panther Pack » Mon May 19, 2014 11:56 am

In games between 2 of the 8 SANFL clubs my interest is as high as ever.

In games involving either of the AFL Reserves teams I could not give a rats.
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 19, 2014 11:59 am

less interested in the SANFL now which gives me more time/money to follow other interests such as homebrewing and golf.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Jimmy » Mon May 19, 2014 12:18 pm

I'm passionate about how well sturt are doing and mostly the league but am put off by the afl influence and disregard games involving power and crows reserves

I wanted to choose option two but couldn't do it...so option three it was.

Id say that would be most ppl
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Reddeer » Mon May 19, 2014 12:32 pm

The comp is now a farce. Thanks Olsen and cohorts.
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby RB » Mon May 19, 2014 12:54 pm

Well I went to 80/80 quarters last season in the minor round and 2 quarters so far this season.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby LPH » Mon May 19, 2014 1:10 pm

Ironically, I have MORE interest in the League (as a whole) than in a particular Club.
I find myself hating the Cows more than Port because they are the reason this disgrace has occurred.
I find myself 'barracking' for the 'opposition teams' that play the (as Pseudo put's it) "Interlopers" each week.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Panther Pack » Mon May 19, 2014 1:13 pm

LPH wrote:Ironically, I have MORE interest in the League (as a whole) than in a particular Club.
I find myself hating the Cows more than Port because they are the reason this disgrace has occurred.
I find myself 'barracking' for the 'opposition teams' that play the (as Pseudo put's it) "Interlopers" each week.

GO PANTHERS?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon May 19, 2014 1:16 pm

None of the above.

I'm more interested because the Blues are performing better than my other Blues. And that the AFL has sooooo many junk games with coaches protecting their ego by 'limiting the damage' rather than teaching blokes how to go about winning.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby saintal » Mon May 19, 2014 1:52 pm

I've probably been more interested in the comp as a whole, however its a bit like people's fascination with watching a car wreck. Trying to gauge what influence, negative and positive, the 2 new clubs are having on the league and whether or not the agreements are being met etc. However this additional interest is not sustainable and will wear off shortly.

Plus South's form has helped as well, although I still found myself apathetic towards last saturday's game.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby tipper » Mon May 19, 2014 2:01 pm

i am definitely less interested. i hardly missed a game in recent years. this year ive gone to 2 games, and only then as i was talked into it by mates. i still havent set foot back at prospect, and while when i think about it i miss it, it seems i am thinking of it less and less.

for the first time in as long as i can remember i had to look up North's result this morning. normally if i havent been able to go to a game i at least check in on the scores by that evening (and usually several times during the game). i actually had no idea how we had gone at all when someone at work asked me.....

i still check in on the forum though, but find myself reading more in off topic, and less in football forums. and as others have said, the extra money in the pocket is going towards other things.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Mickyj » Mon May 19, 2014 2:04 pm

No change for me the Eagles are equal top . So why would it change how I feel about SANFL !
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Aerie » Mon May 19, 2014 2:10 pm

No change in interest. Just resentment!
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Mon May 19, 2014 2:11 pm

Less but sturt are going well which is keeping my interest. I feel sorry for supporters of traditional clubs that have to put up with the AFL reserves AND seeing their team flogged.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon May 19, 2014 6:13 pm

Less interested have not attended a AFL RESERVES game and never will quite simple for me i enjoy my BYES !
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby JK » Mon May 19, 2014 7:09 pm

Mickyj wrote:No change for me the Eagles are equal top . So why would it change how I feel about SANFL !

So you're only going because your team is winning?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby southee » Mon May 19, 2014 9:07 pm

After going out to Alberton on Saturday and seeing what the all the fuss is about myself I walked out thinking "that is truly the death of the SANFL".

It is a complete farcical competition now and the SANFL bigwigs with the other SANFL clubs that voted YES for this mess should hang their heads in shame!

It is an absolute disgrace!
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Columbo » Mon May 19, 2014 9:40 pm

I'm as interested as always, will be there every week regardless of who The Eagles play hoping to beat whoever it is.
Whilst it has been disappointing to lose guys that have come up through the ranks and others that became part of the club via the mini draft the bonus this year has been the emergence of guys such as Von Bertouch, Poole, Lloyd, Batley and last weekend Sinor who may have otherwise got stuck in the reserves and maybe given up and headed for the ammos or the country without reaching their full potential. Im sure all 8 clubs would have players in the same situation.
So i'm probably in the minority here by saying I support the concept. I do believe it needs some tweaking though, what that is and how it happens I don't know. Maybe one day there will be an AFL reserves comp, and things will change again, who knows.
The broader issue whether we like it or not is the competition changed in 1991 and again in 1997 and with 18 teams now competing at the highest level that is where most kids who are serious about their footy will aspire to be. The SANFL now is a stepping stone to the highest level, just as junior clubs provide that same step to the next level.
The competition needs to adapt to stay relevant, hard decisions are usually not popular decisions and popular decisions are not always the right decisions, lets see how the remainder of the season pans out.
Trust the process.
Columbo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby whufc » Mon May 19, 2014 9:43 pm

Columbo wrote:I'm as interested as always, will be there every week regardless of who The Eagles play hoping to beat whoever it is.
Whilst it has been disappointing to lose guys that have come up through the ranks and others that became part of the club via the mini draft the bonus this year has been the emergence of guys such as Von Bertouch, Poole, Lloyd, Batley and last weekend Sinor who may have otherwise got stuck in the reserves and maybe given up and headed for the ammos or the country without reaching their full potential. Im sure all 8 clubs would have players in the same situation.
So i'm probably in the minority here by saying I support the concept. I do believe it needs some tweaking though, what that is and how it happens I don't know. Maybe one day there will be an AFL reserves comp, and things will change again, who knows.
The broader issue whether we like it or not is the competition changed in 1991 and again in 1997 and with 18 teams now competing at the highest level that is where most kids who are serious about their footy will aspire to be. The SANFL now is a stepping stone to the highest level, just as junior clubs provide that same step to the next level.
The competition needs to adapt to stay relevant, hard decisions are usually not popular decisions and popular decisions are not always the right decisions, lets see how the remainder of the season pans out.

Well thought out post.

What i will say though is that i stil cant see how making yourself a reserves comp makes you more relevant than being the best league outside of the AFL.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Columbo » Mon May 19, 2014 10:12 pm

whufc wrote:
Well thought out post.

What i will say though is that i stil cant see how making yourself a reserves comp makes you more relevant than being the best league outside of the AFL.

Cheers.

I don't know how serious the possibility of Adelaide and Port playing in the ammos was, its probably irrelevant now, but had it happened what could the fall out have been? Wonder what the discussions on here would have been about?
Port are the pacesetters now, maybe it makes the other 9 teams in the comp improve in the same way Centrals did for 12 years (in broad terms, clearly some things cant be matched for 8 teams)
Trust the process.
Columbo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL