HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL C Grade discussion

Postby cracka » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:42 pm

Hear the roar wrote:Cracka, we would've appreciated Onkas in Cs this year; always enjoyed playing you guys. Were you close to fielding a side?

I'm more involved with the juniors but I don't think we were that close. Not sure how those rumours started.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Fri May 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Hear the roar wrote:
Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:What's the story, have Mt Lofty pulled out and Mt Barker replaced them?
Also any scores from today?

Yes YOPK, Mt. Lofty pulled the pin, Mt. Barker now in. Consequently the program has changed numerous times.

Any reasons as to why they pulled out?
How did Mt Barker field a team so quickly, or has this been going to happen for a while?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Hear the roar » Fri May 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Lofty seemed a bit ambitious in nominating Cs. I think they thought they would have a surplus of interested fringe players due to dropping to Hills Country. I believe they found this wasn't the case. Mount Barker fart around every year; in one minute out the next. Hopefully they'll see the season out as we don't want to lose any more sides.
Players win awards. Teams win games. Clubs win Premierships.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Milang

Postby Champ » Mon May 05, 2014 11:01 am

Weekend results?
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Hear the roar » Mon May 05, 2014 9:08 pm

Ironbank by 29p over Milang on Saturday night. The second time we've played them away in a fortnight. We play them twice more (all away) this season :-( They will be the team to beat. Not happy with such a peculiar draw in Cs but will take it in our stride. A big positive was another powerful last quarter where we ran all over the opposition as we've done every week. Good numbers and good atmosphere at training with plenty of support.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Kickittometoo » Tue May 06, 2014 9:23 pm

Why IB 4 times away Htr? Sounds like a short straw? With Blackwood now out of the way (never should have been there) It was pretty clear your boys were more than up to a flag and would easily defeat over half Country Bs. Enter Ironbank. I suppose it all gets back to the league your in and in the case of Ironbank now your stuck with what used to be their Central Bs until AJ. But as you said will take it in your stride, good on you Milang and keep it happening Htr.
Watching MILFS while you play footy
Kickittometoo
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Droversdog » Thu May 15, 2014 7:19 pm

HTR and anyone else, I would be interested to hear your views about the Uraidla game in terms of injuries to Milang players? I have heard a fair bit of talk about this during the week, mostly not at all good for Uraidla. What exactly happened on the night HTR?
Droversdog
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Hear the roar » Sat May 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Droversdog wrote:HTR and anyone else, I would be interested to hear your views about the Uraidla game in terms of injuries to Milang players? I have heard a fair bit of talk about this during the week, mostly not at all good for Uraidla. What exactly happened on the night HTR?

Yes, this has been a hot topic Dd. There was a very high, very late bump to one of our smaller boys who was playing the ball in the last quarter. This resulted in collarbone fractures and a/c damage which is a full-season injury. Uri's central umpire was unsighted, hhmmmmm....

Urailda players and their roaring supporters seemed amused by the whole thing. Games don't quite work at 5 pm on a Sat night when a home club with a home umpire has a huge tanked crowd who've already seen 2 games. Add to this all the Uri A and B graders who somehow ended up on the ground.

The criteria for Cs needs to be looked at.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby 2old2slow » Sat May 17, 2014 6:20 pm

mickey mouse comp!
2old2slow
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby FairDinkum » Sat May 17, 2014 7:03 pm

Uraidla, typical
FairDinkum
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times

Postby the_grinch » Sun May 18, 2014 3:23 pm

Hear the roar wrote:
Droversdog wrote:HTR and anyone else, I would be interested to hear your views about the Uraidla game in terms of injuries to Milang players? I have heard a fair bit of talk about this during the week, mostly not at all good for Uraidla. What exactly happened on the night HTR?

Yes, this has been a hot topic Dd. There was a very high, very late bump to one of our smaller boys who was playing the ball in the last quarter. This resulted in collarbone fractures and a/c damage which is a full-season injury. Uri's central umpire was unsighted, hhmmmmm....

Urailda players and their roaring supporters seemed amused by the whole thing. Games don't quite work at 5 pm on a Sat night when a home club with a home umpire has a huge tanked crowd who've already seen 2 games. Add to this all the Uri A and B graders who somehow ended up on the ground.

What happened with all the A and B graders? Why were those teams on the ground? During the game? Weird...
the_grinch
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times

Postby Peakedinhighschool » Sun May 18, 2014 6:41 pm

Hear the roar wrote:

Yes, this has been a hot topic Dd. There was a very high, very late bump to one of our smaller boys who was playing the ball in the last quarter. This resulted in collarbone fractures and a/c damages a full-season injury. Uri's central umpire was unsighted, hhmmmmm....

Pull your head in mate. Explain to me how the saturday night game didnt work?? For a competition that struggles to have any interest to supporters of hills footy I would have thought having that many people watching would be nothing but a positive. As for the umpiring issue what do you want udfc to do when the hfl umpire that was pre organised doesn't turn up??? Not play and refuse 40 keen blokes a game of footy? i didnt see the bump so i cant comment on that and its unfortunate that the young lad was injured however its probably harsh to blame an umpire who was trying his best to give some keen boys a game.
When uraidla has two extremely successfull senior teams in the a's and b's there was always going to be good footballers forced into the c's. I know for a fact there are plenty of lads who would rather play b grade but werent picked in a strong team, want them to sit out because they are too good for c's???

Not good to hear milang training staff complaining about the large interchance uraidla had also. Last time I checked the whole point of the c grade was to promote the game and give average footballers a chance to have a kick with some mates when normally they wouldnt have the chance. Im sure you wouldnt find joy in telling a young fella he cant play c's because we have too many players.
Peakedinhighschool
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby tedbullpit » Sun May 18, 2014 10:00 pm

Hear the roar wrote:

Lol I don't think I've ever heard a bigger case of sour grapes in all my life. The behaviour of the Milang players and staff was appalling to say the least. After rocking up expecting a win and then coming to the reality early in the game that you were going to get thrashed several of your blokes decided to go the knuckle instead. Interesting you didn't make mention of that hear the roar. What about the bloke who got sent off for punching one of our players twice in the back of the head and two of our other players who came off with concussion and bruised ribs after off the ball incidents? There were several other incidents like this too which I observed throughout the game. On the bump; yes it was late; high? No. It hit him in the shoulder hence the broken collarbone you muppet. It was identical to a bump one of our players copped earlier in the season which left him with a similar injury. No sour grapes on our part. The player who delivered the bump was one of our better players and made a target by the milang snipers throughout the game.

As for your whack job team manager or whoever she was; what an out and out disgrace coming over to our huddle at quarter time accusing us of having 19 players on the field and then after the game coming into the change rooms to have a whinge about the said bump. When challenged about her players going the knuckle she said 'oh we don't do things like that'. Lets not forget your runner who tried to conduct his own count during the game adjacent the uraidla bench.

On the criteria for C grade what the hell are you on about? Our A&B grades played earlier in the day. No players who played A or B grade played earlier in the day played C grade. Next time you can play our B grade if you like. Where do you suggest our C grade play? Is it not fair because you got beaten by a side you will have no hope of beating this season?

If I was you Hear The Roar I'd be more concerned about the behaviour of your players, your insipid game plan and the fact you couldn't win a hard ball or lay a tackle the entire night. Now go back to the hole you crawled out from. I don't think I've seen a bigger bunch of sooks in my life.
Last edited by tedbullpit on Sun May 18, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tedbullpit
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time

Postby cracka » Sun May 18, 2014 10:11 pm

Cant wait for the response
cracka
Veteran

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun May 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby bailey39 » Sun May 18, 2014 10:48 pm

Played today against Ironbank. They've got a good bunch of players and beat us by about 30 points, great crowd as well considering it was a stand alone game on a Sunday. :D
bailey39
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Hear the roar » Mon May 19, 2014 9:22 pm

cracka wrote:Cant wait for the response

Jeez , what can I say and where do I start? This could have been an excellent discussion until it got nasty Ted B. All I did was respond to questions here; I didn't ignite anything. In hindsight, I would've shut my mouth and will in future. Being angry doesn't solve anything.

Ted, you made the game sound like a bloodbath. It wasn't. I had a grumble about a VERY late bump and the fact was that your intoxicated crowd applauded it at the time, which will always aggravate any opposition.

As for the umpires, I can only say it's a sad state of affairs if the HFL support Cs then don't organise proper umpires. This happens a lot and is a matter for them to deal with without delay. We were glad the game went ahead, but any umpire, pushed in the deep end or not, needs two eyes at all times. I can't comment on any alleged head-hunting by Milang players, or Uri players for that matter. You don't see much when you're not at the scoring end,

As for involvement by trainers; this is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Trainers are there to look after the well-being of players, not to squabble about match day issues. PM me Ted, if this is true, and our club will address this. We have a senior trainer of many years and a new one. We don't have a Team Manager but apparently your trainer was an acting TM? As for our runner counting: I believe you had 24 on the Teamsheet Ted. We are only allowed 22 in Cs. We would have been happy to go with 24 if notified as we also had boys who missed out.

I didnt see any knuckles from either side and I don't miss much.

The criteria for Cs does need to be looked at. Milang are a side in "no-mans-land", being neither Central or Country. For this reason a very clear criteria for Cs needs to be established. Clubs such as Sedan/Cambrai and others may wish to kept alive via this means in the future, so best to establish some rules now.

Hope this answers some questions. Discussion much appreciated :-)
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby The Crumber » Tue May 20, 2014 7:58 pm

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I went to the game to collect a mate and we stayed for the game and tea. I have no affiliation with either side and was completely sober and we watched the game from the wing in front of the clubrooms. The game seemed to be played in good spirits and I certainly didn't witness any knuckles, snipers or anything described apart from the dodgey bump which happened right in front of me. It was marginally high and very, very late. It floored a small player which is never good for the game. It changed the tone of the game in that Uraidla players around us who were indeed drunk applauded it and called for more.
A Milang player was sent off not long after. There was a skirmish, again right in front of us. Hits rather than punches were thrown, two each from a Milang and Uri player. This is fact. We didn't see any other aggression during the game.
We felt the umpiring was very ordinary and very disappointing if it's the best HFL can offer.
As for trainers getting involved, all we witnessed was a Milang timekeeper coming out of the box to take issue at quarter time.
The Milang gameplan warrants a reply. I watched them with interest several times last year including the finals. The team we saw on the offending night wasn't a patch on the team we saw last year, especially in the Grand Final. They played from behind all night and I would have to agree they didn't lay a tackle or win a hard ball.
Older, wiser and been there. But still love that grassroots country footy.
The Crumber
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times

Postby cracka » Wed May 21, 2014 8:06 am

cracka wrote:
Hear the roar wrote:Cracka, we would've appreciated Onkas in Cs this year; always enjoyed playing you guys. Were you close to fielding a side?

I'm more involved with the juniors but I don't think we were that close. Not sure how those rumours started.

Good thing we didn't try to get a C grade up & running or we would be forfeiting all the time. Apparently 19 players out from our A & B grades last Saturday either injured or away.
cracka
Veteran

Postby tedbullpit » Wed May 21, 2014 10:18 am

Hear the roar wrote:

Jeez , what can I say and where do I start? This could have been an excellent discussion until it got nasty Ted B. All I did was respond to questions here; I didn't ignite anything. In hindsight, I would've shut my mouth and will in future. Being angry doesn't solve anything.

Ted, you made the game sound like a bloodbath. It wasn't. I had a grumble about a VERY late bump and the fact was that your intoxicated crowd applauded it at the time, which will always aggravate any opposition.

As for the umpires, I can only say it's a sad state of affairs if the HFL support Cs then don't organise proper umpires. This happens a lot and is a matter for them to deal with without delay. We were glad the game went ahead, but any umpire, pushed in the deep end or not, needs two eyes at all times. I can't comment on any alleged head-hunting by Milang players, or Uri players for that matter. You don't see much when you're not at the scoring end,

As for involvement by trainers; this is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Trainers are there to look after the well-being of players, not to squabble about match day issues. PM me Ted, if this is true, and our club will address this. We have a senior trainer of many years and a new one. We don't have a Team Manager but apparently your trainer was an acting TM? As for our runner counting: I believe you had 24 on the Teamsheet Ted. We are only allowed 22 in Cs. We would have been happy to go with 24 if notified as we also had boys who missed out.

I didnt see any knuckles from either side and I don't miss much.

The criteria for Cs does need to be looked at. Milang are a side in "no-mans-land", being neither Central or Country. For this reason a very clear criteria for Cs needs to be established. Clubs such as Sedan/Cambrai and others may wish to kept alive via this means in the future, so best to establish some rules now.

Hope this answers some questions. Discussion much appreciated :-)

Hear the roar - you came on here and implied that our umpire was a cheat, that one of our players delivered an illegal bump of which was incorrect, accused Uraidla of playing A&B graders in the C grade amongst other things so don't try the poor innocent 'this could have been a good discussion' particularly after the behaviour of the Milang players and staff. I stand by everything I said in my previous post. The game was not a bloodbath but there were certainly some spot fires around the ground incited by Milang players who took some cheap shots at our younger players well off the ball which is probably why people like The Crumber didn't see them. Also in relation to the 24 players we asked the question of the HFL in the first instance and were told that it was ok to name and play up to 25 players. Having said that Milang received the team sheet 30 minutes prior to the start of the game so should have asked the question if they had an issue. It wasn't an issue in the first 2 games that our C's played. If you are going to post something defamatory about a club particularly if it is incorrect then you have to expect someone from the club to respond and defend the club even if it wasn't your intent which you say it wasn't.

Anyway we are all not on here to slag each others clubs off so lets all move on.

With all due respect I have no idea about what you are inferring in the way of C grade criteria. Explain what you mean and what you propose?

Cracka - Our B grade coach said 10 regular Onkas B graders played A grade. Is it injuries or did people miss for a wedding or something else?
tedbullpit
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy