SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu May 22, 2014 3:16 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:SA footy trade proposal

In - Phantom Gossiper
Out - Marbles & B4E

Not very nice MBK. I never did anything wrong to you. :twisted:

Nothing personal, I just miss PG, you're not as inclined to a drunken rant as Carey & I'm not going to sacrifice myself am I?

Lucky for me you're not a moderator then eh mate?? ;)
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby heater31 » Thu May 22, 2014 3:19 pm

carey wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:SA footy trade proposal

In - Phantom Gossiper
Out - Marbles & B4E

Not very nice MBK. I never did anything wrong to you. :twisted:

Nothing personal, I just miss PG, you're not as inclined to a drunken rant as Carey & I'm not going to sacrifice myself am I?

I'm due for a drunken rant soon.......

You are supposed to be booze free ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby bickle » Thu May 22, 2014 3:20 pm

[quote="carey"]They're up against it mate. Poor numbers at training, Losing a heap of blokes pre season the coach leaving coming up a Div its probably all a bit much for a club that maybe wasn't quite reading for the jump in divisions.

leaving? :shock:
bickle
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby The Informer » Thu May 22, 2014 3:37 pm

bickle wrote:
carey wrote:They're up against it mate. Poor numbers at training, Losing a heap of blokes pre season the coach leaving coming up a Div its probably all a bit much for a club that maybe wasn't quite reading for the jump in divisions.

I was pretty sure the coach had commited to coaching this season then left during pre season or is that wrong?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby bickle » Thu May 22, 2014 4:09 pm

The_Informer wrote:
bickle wrote:
carey wrote:They're up against it mate. Poor numbers at training, Losing a heap of blokes pre season the coach leaving coming up a Div its probably all a bit much for a club that maybe wasn't quite reading for the jump in divisions.

I was pretty sure the coach had commited to coaching this season then left during pre season or is that wrong?

oh yeah, he verbally commited then pulled the pin to go elsewhere. i'm sure it happened just b4 pre season.
the club is struggling thats for sure. 60 on the books but a lot not committed for this year.
theres good people at the club but at the end of the day we cant put guns to people's heads. would love to but cant, something to do with the gun laws :)
div6 is a big jump, very competative through out the grade.
ride the year out and look to next year. there is a bit chat of committing dollars to 2015, which is a definate that needs to happen.
good priced alcohol though!
Last edited by bickle on Thu May 22, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bickle
Under 16s

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu May 22, 2014 4:16 pm

The_Informer wrote:
bickle wrote:

What is this world coming to???
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby The Informer » Thu May 22, 2014 4:50 pm

bickle wrote:
The_Informer wrote:
bickle wrote:

oh yeah, he verbally commited then pulled the pin to go elsewhere. i'm sure it happened just b4 pre season.
the club is struggling thats for sure. 60 on the books but a lot not committed for this year.
theres good people at the club but at the end of the day we cant put guns to people's heads. would love to but cant, something to do with the gun laws :)
div6 is a big jump, very competative through out the grade.
ride the year out and look to next year. there is a bit chat of committing dollars to 2015, which is a definate that needs to happen.
good priced alcohol though!

And with a good bloke like Bruce running the show he wont take any crap!
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Yank Man » Thu May 22, 2014 8:59 pm

FWIW bickie everyone at MP are so looking forward to going head to toe with the owls again. We've had some massive clashes over the last few years. Win lose or draw, I am sure it will be a massive relief for us to play at the level we are both 'really at'. Bring it on. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Demon Juke » Thu May 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Watch out Yank Man the great man Carey is straight back in the "A" grade on Saturday, is he too good for the " B" grade. :)
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Yank Man » Thu May 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Demon Juke wrote:Watch out Yank Man the great man Carey is straight back in the "A" grade on Saturday, is he too good for the " B" grade. :)

Hahaha DJ, hope he does. Got just the right match up for him, the same lad who took out our premiership ruckman and broke his leg in 3 places. Yep took out his own team mate, so he will have zero tolerance on an old fat guy coming of knee op. :D :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby carey » Thu May 22, 2014 10:04 pm

Demon Juke wrote:Watch out Yank Man the great man Carey is straight back in the "A" grade on Saturday, is he too good for the " B" grade. :)

Well You wouldn't drive a Ferrari in the mud! Lol :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2806 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby woofwoof » Thu May 22, 2014 10:07 pm

He told me you "dont drive a porshe in the mud" he was never going to play reserves.
woofwoof

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby carey » Thu May 22, 2014 10:09 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Hahaha DJ, hope he does. Got just the right match up for him, the same lad who took out our premiership ruckman and broke his leg in 3 places. Yep took out his own team mate, so he will have zero tolerance on an old fat guy coming of knee op. :D :D

Footy Chick are you talking to my mrs again? Liking this?

It's fair to say she is seriously pissed at me for playing :roll:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2806 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Footy Chick » Thu May 22, 2014 11:09 pm

nah, I just liked the fat old guy bit :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Yank Man » Fri May 23, 2014 8:27 am

Footy Chick wrote:nah, I just liked the fat old guy bit :lol:

Yeah sorry carey it was a bit harsh. Just give you the heads up but, stick to somewhere around the middle cos all our clumsy ones are in the defensive 50 and forward 50. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Executive Member » Fri May 23, 2014 9:04 am

Yank Man wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:nah, I just liked the fat old guy bit :lol:

Yeah sorry carey it was a bit harsh. Just give you the heads up but, stick to somewhere around the middle cos all our clumsy ones are in the defensive 50 and forward 50. ;)

He would need a map and a compus to even find his own backline
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby BPwizard » Fri May 23, 2014 10:08 am

Yes i did verbally say i would coach in 2014 and on, but i did resign in end of October 2013. Which gave the club plenty of chance to get another coach.

Only 6 A graders have been cleared to other clubs and only 5 i think playing for the owls this year from last year GF side,so the other 12 players are not playing at all and the question is why?

It is a shame club finds them self in this situation with the heavy losses they ae getting, i am sure the football director and committee are working hard to get this club back on track.

Unfortnuatley the club just does not have the players to be competetive in div 6 it has happened to other clubs when they move up a div. This is the clubs 8th year in the saafl and only be there second time have not made finals .
BPwizard
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby bickle » Fri May 23, 2014 10:10 am

Yank Man wrote:FWIW bickie everyone at MP are so looking forward to going head to toe with the owls again. We've had some massive clashes over the last few years. Win lose or draw, I am sure it will be a massive relief for us to play at the level we are both 'really at'. Bring it on. :)

lol, would have to be match of the round yank man.
yeah will be good to see a close game (i hope) for a change lol.
at the moment we have a sh*t load of injuries.

by the way i saw the young guy Craig who got the back injury a few weeks ago at the club last nite.
was in a wheelchair cause of lack of strengh in the legs but he seemed positive.
getting the feeling back slowly and said theres a huge blood clot in his back, with doctors not seeing a blood clot that big before,
just got to wait for the swelling to go down still.
bickle
Under 16s

Postby bickle » Fri May 23, 2014 10:19 am

BPwizard wrote:Yes i did verbally say i would coach in 2014 and on, but i did resign in end of October 2013. Which gave the club plenty of chance to get another coach.

Only 6 A graders have been cleared to other clubs and only 5 i think playing for the owls this year from last year GF side,so the other 12 players are not playing at all and the question is why?

It is a shame club finds them self in this situation with the heavy losses they ae getting, i am sure the football director and committee are working hard to get this club back on track.

Unfortnuatley the club just does not have the players to be competetive in div 6 it has happened to other clubs when they move up a div. This is the clubs 8th year in the saafl and only be there second time have not made finals .

yeah this is true BP all clubs will eventually go through it. But like you said played finals for 7 out of 8 years so theve had a good run, just need to rebuild which i think is the talk at the moment.
moving on to another club is always something you have to think about if you want to coach, so was a good move.
bickle
Under 16s

Postby Yank Man » Fri May 23, 2014 10:48 am

bickle wrote:
Yank Man wrote:FWIW bickie everyone at MP are so looking forward to going head to toe with the owls again. We've had some massive clashes over the last few years. Win lose or draw, I am sure it will be a massive relief for us to play at the level we are both 'really at'. Bring it on. :)

lol, would have to be match of the round yank man.
yeah will be good to see a close game (i hope) for a change lol. U
at the moment we have a sh*t load of injuries.

by the way i saw the young guy Craig who got the back injury a few weeks ago at the club last nite.
was in a wheelchair cause of lack of strengh in the legs but he seemed positive.
getting the feeling back slowly and said theres a huge blood clot in his back, with doctors not seeing a blood clot that big before,
just got to wait for the swelling to go down still.

We've got injuries galore too, using the Flinders lads to top up atm. They've been good about it and it's working ok but it's not helping them get their 1st win.

Best wishes to Craig, sounds a bit more promising for him.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League