Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Secondsquare » Mon May 19, 2014 8:04 pm

Old noarlunga definitely in the mix now ! Port noarlunga also seem to be the other surprise packet..I would definitely have both in the top four on current form! Watch on the clearance sight as noarlunga people are getting a bit of a stiffy about another new recruit that may play in the next couple of weeks! Vics o1 your club is the best at developing other clubs juniors! Your club is also good at handing out phone numbers to clubs in other comps to try and weaken the clubs you play against so you can't really criticise the shoes , because if you had the money and points you would do the same!!
Secondsquare

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby vics01 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Not critical of anything just making a point about how clubs claim juniors who were juniors elsewhere before they became juniors at the last club they were at.. Don't know about phone numbers being handed out do tell
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Oldman Munga » Mon May 19, 2014 8:26 pm

vics01 wrote:
by shoe boy » Mon May 19, 2014 2:32 pm

ol man emu wrote:
mirror#3 wrote:
Waylon Johncock playing this week OMM?
The shoes are starting to build one of the best midfields in the comp... Minns, Dean, Johncock, Caudle.

Cant wait to see them against the home grown midfield of Corrie, Carroll, Howell, Wilson and 2 Bayly's.

Great recruiting.
Shit house junior development.

We claim Liam as our junior :D

Just like you claimed Sam Hamilton :roll:

Well what other SFL club has Hamilton played at ????
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby vics01 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:33 pm

OMM

Really what a silly question from someone so involved at the Shoe..

Started his days at Cove which I am sure was not passed onto Reynella or the SFL when you guys claimed him a home grown product
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Oldman Munga » Mon May 19, 2014 8:58 pm

vics01 wrote:
OMM

Really what a silly question from someone so involved at the Shoe..

Started his days at Cove which I am sure was not passed onto Reynella or the SFL when you guys claimed him a home grown product

Settle down Ringo Ive only been @ Noarlunga for 4 yrs , was'nt aware of that ,
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon May 19, 2014 11:55 pm

Secondsquare wrote:Old noarlunga definitely in the mix now ! Port noarlunga also seem to be the other surprise packet..I would definitely have both in the top four on current form! Watch on the clearance sight as noarlunga people are getting a bit of a stiffy about another new recruit that may play in the next couple of weeks! Vics o1 your club is the best at developing other clubs juniors! Your club is also good at handing out phone numbers to clubs in other comps to try and weaken the clubs you play against so you can't really criticise the shoes , because if you had the money and points you would do the same!!

Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby shoe boy » Tue May 20, 2014 9:15 am

Just like you claimed Sam Hamilton :roll:[/quote]

Vics 6 years at the Shoe and a former B/F now aged 18 makes him a junior!! :roll:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby King » Tue May 20, 2014 9:34 am

Secondsquare wrote:Old noarlunga definitely in the mix now ! Port noarlunga also seem to be the other surprise packet..I would definitely have both in the top four on current form! Watch on the clearance sight as noarlunga people are getting a bit of a stiffy about another new recruit that may play in the next couple of weeks! Vics o1 your club is the best at developing other clubs juniors! Your club is also good at handing out phone numbers to clubs in other comps to try and weaken the clubs you play against so you can't really criticise the shoes , because if you had the money and points you would do the same!!

Big game at Port Noarlunga this week against Flaggies. Both teams only one loss so far this year. Based on the opposition both teams have beaten (and my natural bias) I would suggest Flaggies are travelling slightly the better! Who do you support Secondsquare?
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby ol man emu » Wed May 21, 2014 6:38 am

vics01 wrote:
do not blame Noarlunga good on them for asking the SFL and recruiting well but it is piss weak by the SFL to allocate the extra points based on the fact that Noarlunga lost some players. Every club loses players at one point in time and you just need to play your kids and rebuild. The SFL panicked and allocated points and now Noarlunga look like one of the genuine contenders in 2014.

[quote]So 11 juniors from the Shoe played A grade on the w/end and 15x in the B grade.

so 20 juniors played A grade for M/Vale on the week end.
Shane Hill was the odd one out. he came to M/Vale 13 years ago as a 17 year old but didn't player a junior game.
19 in the B grade Hewwy who has been at our club for over 10 years and Dickson who came to M/Vale this year to
play with his cousin are the only 2 in B grade that didn't play any junior football at our club.

It would be 3 or 4 years since the M/Vale football club has played a player worth any points Rupert Peake and
Andrew Robertson were the last and they came to us we certainly didn't chase them.
Isn't that is what grass roots footy is all about.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby ol man emu » Wed May 21, 2014 6:41 am

shoe boy wrote:
ol man emu wrote:
mirror#3 wrote:Waylon Johncock playing this week OMM?
The shoes are starting to build one of the best midfields in the comp... Minns, Dean, Johncock, Caudle.

Cant wait to see them against the home grown midfield of Corrie, Carroll, Howell, Wilson and 2 Bayly's.

Great recruiting.
Shit house junior development.

We claim Liam as our junior :D

Liam Didn't play one junior game for you.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby shoe boy » Wed May 21, 2014 9:12 am

ol man emu wrote:
vics01 wrote:
do not blame Noarlunga good on them for asking the SFL and recruiting well but it is piss weak by the SFL to allocate the extra points based on the fact that Noarlunga lost some players. Every club loses players at one point in time and you just need to play your kids and rebuild. The SFL panicked and allocated points and now Noarlunga look like one of the genuine contenders in 2014.

So 11 juniors from the Shoe played A grade on the w/end and 15x in the B grade.

so 20 juniors played A grade for M/Vale on the week end.
Shane Hill was the odd one out. he came to M/Vale 13 years ago as a 17 year old but didn't player a junior game.
19 in the B grade Hewwy who has been at our club for over 10 years and Dickson who came to M/Vale this year to
play with his cousin are the only 2 in B grade that didn't play any junior football at our club.

It would be 3 or 4 years since the M/Vale football club has played a player worth any points Rupert Peake and
Andrew Robertson were the last and they came to us we certainly didn't chase them.
Isn't that is what grass roots footy is all about.

Fantastic.

I didn't include Booga who has played 350 a grade games or Comer that has played 200 a grade games at the Shoe but that said we are from Old Noarlunga with a primary school that has 50 kids not anywhere near Wireanda High School :)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby mrp2626 » Wed May 21, 2014 12:00 pm

I may not be 100% accurate, but I believe Brighton played with 19 who played Juniors at the club, and 1 who was a brighton high boy, but played at the bays. Not bad..... Great to see a lot of these situations such M/Vale above.
I think it promotes a lot more players playing with pride in the jumper, and builds loyalty. It's good to know that not all go chasing Ca$h.
mrp2626
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed May 21, 2014 12:09 pm

ol man emu wrote:Isn't that is what grass roots footy is all about.

Has this become the most misused term in football?

It started getting pushed by the AFL 5-10 years ago to reduce the status of leagues like our own. It was particularly targeted at leagues like Ovens & Murray and the bigger Victorian comps as they were seen as being more attractive to retired AFL players than the VFL and other state leagues and hence the "natural order" was being upset. In recent times I have seen the SANFL referred to as "Grass Roots Football". The only football that should be referred to as grass roots is junior football, probably minis.

It's a bit like how our game is now called "AFL", by doing this they subconsciously imply that the AFL is the game and we are merely servants to provide them talent. The term Community Football is better, but still implies we are insignificant.

Our clubs play A-Grade football, and have a structure of teams under that to support that A-Grade team and develop players for it. We do not exist purely to provide players to the League clubs. An A-Grade premiership to one of our clubs is as important to that club as an SANFL premiership is to Norwood or an AFL premiership is to Hawthorn, it is the ultimate goal for our clubs.

Our clubs do not just play "Grass Roots Football", that's what our Under 8s do.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby pantherman » Wed May 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Old man Emu

I found this discussion on the junior football section of the forum, given its not written by you, I found it quite interesting. Is this the best way forward for Junior Development given that MVFC are clearly the League Leaders in this field, according to your good self anyway....

Hopefully if MVFC continue in this direction, you might be able to return to the Golden Era of 1982-2003.

Old Man Emu - MVFC Junior Development Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla !!!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

well at morphett vale its seems our Under 12 whites are all are best experienced players

our under 12s maroons is all the novices & beginners

or extend that whites are bigger kids (maybe grade 7s at school) & the emu marrons are grade 6ers

our whites smashed our maroons in the trial game[/b][/i]
pantherman

Has liked: 0 time

Postby spot on » Wed May 21, 2014 2:59 pm

pantherman wrote:Old man Emu

I found this discussion on the junior football section of the forum, given its not written by you, I found it quite interesting. Is this the best way forward for Junior Development given that MVFC are clearly the League Leaders in this field, according to your good self anyway....

Hopefully if MVFC continue in this direction, you might be able to return to the Golden Era of 1982-2003.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

well at morphett vale its seems our Under 12 whites are all are best experienced players

or extend that whites are bigger kids (maybe grade 7s at school) & the emu marrons are grade 6ers

It wasn't a bad era from 2004 to 2009 (5 Flags in those 6 years) and probably 99% of these players were emu juniors.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed May 21, 2014 3:19 pm

pantherman wrote:Old man Emu

I would not take any authority from what @marbles says, he is merely a troll.

He comes from a different world where teams tank in the A-Grade to bolster up their B-grade teams for premierships so that they can secure the prize of relegation to ensure that they have an easier premiership to win the following year. A world where a C-Grade premiership is equal to an A-Grade premiership. A world where kids can play for their school and never step foot in, or represent your club, but still be considered one of your juniors.

Don't expect him to understand, but I suspect he is not serious and merely does it for attention.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby afc9798 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:37 am

Tippin' Time:

Aldinga vs Lonsdale - Aldinga by 21
Brighton vs Noarlunga- Shoes by 18
Christies vs Edwardstown - Saints by 30
Cove vs Hackham - Cove by 8
Morphettville Park vs Morphett Vale - Emus by 23
Pt Noarlunga vs Flagstaff Hill - Cockledivers by 12
Reynella vs Happy Valley - Wineflies by 15

This is about the best round we'll get in the comp this year with all results being potentially 50/50's.
Can't see a blow out in any of them. Good luck to all on the weekend.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby mrp2626 » Fri May 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Aldinga vs Lonsdale - Lonsdale by 17 "Will be a great spectacle"
Brighton vs Noarlunga- Bombers in a nail biter, with their Captain back in, and a home 'marquee game'.
Christies vs Edwardstown - Christies by 7 with the home ground advantage.
Cove vs Hackham - Cove by 38 too good on their oval. They play it very well.
Morphettville Park vs Morphett Vale - Morphettville by 3. Another close one, but the roos talls on the pastie are hard to stop.
Pt Noarlunga vs Flagstaff Hill - Cockledivers by 32. I think the divers will be around the mark come sept.
Reynella vs Happy Valley - Wineflies by 22. Will be a great contest. Winies on the home deck, very hard to beat.
mrp2626
Mini-League

Postby Panther32 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:08 pm

mrp2626 wrote:Aldinga vs Lonsdale - Lonsdale by 17 "Will be a great spectacle"
Brighton vs Noarlunga- Bombers in a nail biter, with their Captain back in, and a home 'marquee game'.
Christies vs Edwardstown - Christies by 7 with the home ground advantage.
Cove vs Hackham - Cove by 38 too good on their oval. They play it very well.
Morphettville Park vs Morphett Vale - Morphettville by 3. Another close one, but the roos talls on the pastie are hard to stop.
Pt Noarlunga vs Flagstaff Hill - Cockledivers by 32. I think the divers will be around the mark come sept.
Reynella vs Happy Valley - Wineflies by 22. Will be a great contest. Winies on the home deck, very hard to beat.

I'm noticing a pattern...
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby mrp2626 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:52 pm

hahaha good point. It just so happens that this week, probably more than most, i think the home ground will take advantage for a few. Some teams as you would know are much harder to beat at home than others. Reynella, Roos, and cove are probably the hardest in terms of that.
mrp2626
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL