What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in 2014?

Im more interested in the league due to the AFL teams
9%
No change, Im passionate as ever about the league
27%
Im less interested in the league due to the AFL teams
63%

Total votes : 95

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

Postby tipper » Fri May 23, 2014 5:03 pm

Booney wrote:
Harry the Horse wrote:Games attended: 0
Membership dollars spent, as promised: 0

Won't be back until those AFL $#%# are gone and quite prepared for that to be never.
Pour what's left of my love of footy into my boy's two teams now.
Thanks a lot to everyone who had the best interests of SA football at heart.
What a farce.

So Glenelg suffer and the competition would unlikely notice you missing. Well played.

if enough people took the same stand the competition would surely notice.

anyone have the latest membership numbers compared to this time last year?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby johntheclaret » Fri May 23, 2014 5:36 pm

I took the decision to sign up as a member and continue with my sponsorship, but I won't be going to any games this year ;)

I would say my interest has definitely waned this year. North are playing Port this week end, traditionally my favourite game of the season. But this year I won't be bothering to get up for it. a) because they aren't the real Port anymore and b) because it isn't a fair contest and I have no desire to listen to North getting pummeled by a team with such an unfair advantage.

It is hard though as I really do care about North and the SANFL. So far this season I have sort of blocked out the fact that the ressies are in, in the hope that things might just work out. But as the rounds roll on it is getting harder to maintain whatever interest I have left. Port destroying everyone in sight is just accelerating that loss of interest. It's not sour grapes, it's just unfair.

The sad fact is that the damage has already been done and many stay away fans will be lost to the SANFL forever. Personally, if they get this mess sorted out, my interest and passion for North and the SANFL would soon be fully restored.

If they don't sort this mess out soon, the I doubt I will continue as a member and sponsor in the future.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Maddawg » Fri May 23, 2014 6:48 pm

Booney wrote:
Harry the Horse wrote:Games attended: 0
Membership dollars spent, as promised: 0

Won't be back until those AFL $#%# are gone and quite prepared for that to be never.
Pour what's left of my love of footy into my boy's two teams now.
Thanks a lot to everyone who had the best interests of SA football at heart.
What a farce.

So Glenelg suffer and the competition would unlikely notice you missing. Well played.

The bays should suffer for their dumb vote!!!!!!! We can vote with our feet, unfortunatley I just boycott the AFL ressies games! Love the game too much. But who knows if it remains may lose interest in such a horrible beast thats been created.
Maddawg
Mini-League

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby LPH » Fri May 23, 2014 6:53 pm

I think it is fair to suggest that the CEOs may well have underestimated the impact for their Clubs.

I can see up to possibly 4 Clubs 'going to the wall' in the not too distant future should the current 'slide' continue.
Although I am going to Noarlunga on Sunday (have been waiting for this game all season), I would be surprised if more than 1500 others do :(

Signs of things to come, me thinks.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby passionatelegsfan » Sun May 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Of course i am less interested. Who could possibly be more interested in this compromised farce? I think the fans of traditional sanfl clubs that are still interested are only maintaining it for love of club, that is the only reason i am maintaining a minimal interest now. I have not been to a norwood game since anzac day whereas last year i went to every game. I was thinking about going on friday night but i was sick during the week and didn't want to re aggravate my illness. Why sacrifice for norwood?? Unlike many here i have a diversified range of interests, including other sports, and my life does not revolve entirely around a foorball club. I am about to be lost to australian football forever.
passionatelegsfan

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby topsywaldron » Sun May 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Booney wrote:So Glenelg suffer and the competition would unlikely notice you missing. Well played.

FFS, some of us have principles.

I just wish I was as awesome as you constantly remind us you are.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby topsywaldron » Sun May 25, 2014 7:49 pm

passionatelegsfan wrote:Of course i am less interested. Who could possibly be more interested in this compromised farce? I think the fans of traditional sanfl clubs that are still interested are only maintaining it for love of club, that is the only reason i am maintaining a minimal interest now. I have not been to a norwood game since anzac day whereas last year i went to every game. I was thinking about going on friday night but i was sick during the week and didn't want to re aggravate my illness. Why sacrifice for norwood?? Unlike many here i have a diversified range of interests, including other sports, and my life does not revolve entirely around a foorball club. I am about to be lost to australian football forever.

Great post.

Saddest thing out of all this for me is not being able to enjoy the footy with my kids in the same way I did with my dad.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun May 25, 2014 8:14 pm

The footy is still there. The fact that you don't go is no fault but your own. Don't try to pass the blame for not going.

If you don't want to I that's a different matter but don't pretend it has disappeared
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 25, 2014 9:23 pm

bennymacca wrote:Plenty of people whining about the death of their competition, and then making it a self fulfilling prophecy by not going to any games.

I go to the footy, just not SANFL, my support is now more grass roots footy.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby dedja » Sun May 25, 2014 9:27 pm

I'm seemingly in the minority but my interest hasn't waned at all.

This year's a doddle compared to 27 years of mediocrity.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby tipper » Sun May 25, 2014 10:01 pm

bennymacca wrote:The footy is still there. The fact that you don't go is no fault but your own. Don't try to pass the blame for not going.

If you don't want to I that's a different matter but don't pretend it has disappeared

im not passing the blame, i am laying it squarely where it belongs, right at the feet of the club presidents that voted yes. and i think you will find, more and more people are starting to take the same stand.

crowds are plummeting arent they? if it wasnt for the artificial inflation of the first couple of weeks when the afl fans were curious, crowds would be significantly down this season. North has lost 4 memberships from my family alone. how many more will they have lost, and how many more will join next season?

all well and good Benny trying to tell us its "our fault", but if the clubs had not made this decision, we wouldnt have made ours. i think you need to sit back and re read some of your posts and realise you are not so much on the fence as you claim, you are firmly in the "for" camp....
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby bennymacca » Sun May 25, 2014 10:31 pm

i lean more to "what does it matter" rather than for or against. I still think people are making way too much out of it. and it is definitely a self fulfilling prophecy with people saying that the crowds will be down, but then not going.

i hope you at least contact your club and tell them why you havent renewed your membership
bennymacca
Coach

Postby tipper » Sun May 25, 2014 11:05 pm

lol, i told them at the "information night" and the president laughed in my face when i raised my concerns. he obviously doesnt want to listen to me, so ill not support his decision by supporting the club.

and just because it doesnt matter to you, doesnt mean it shouldnt matter to anyone else. one could also ask, if you believe "what does it matter", why you keep arguing for the inclusion of the reserves sides. trust me, you are well and truly for the idea, regardless of its detriment to the competition.

and id love to know how you think we should deal with the inclusion. several people have stated they hate it, and do not want to be seen to be supporting it, and think it is bad for the competition, but you then expect those same people to support it by attending? its a self fulfilling prophecy that the club presidents have caused. we warned them crowds would drop (cos we knew we wouldnt go) they didnt listen, so now we should just go anyway????? unlike Trigg and co, i dont make promises i wont keep, or make empty threats....

how else will the "powers that be" get the message? they ignored us when we raised our concerns with them before hand, even though so far it seems that all of the concerns are coming true. the only thing they listen to is the caching of the cash register. hit them where it hurts. attendencances dropping will quickly evaporate the $40k the crows are stumping up, and only maybe then will they start listening to reason. lets only hope it isnt too late. leave it too long and they will permanently lose those that are voting with their feet.....
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 25, 2014 11:32 pm

bennymacca wrote:
i hope you at least contact your club and tell them why you havent renewed your membership

They rang me and didnt ask :oops:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 26, 2014 12:44 am

tipper wrote:lol, i told them at the "information night" and the president laughed in my face when i raised my concerns. he obviously doesnt want to listen to me, so ill not support his decision by supporting the club.

and just because it doesnt matter to you, doesnt mean it shouldnt matter to anyone else. one could also ask, if you believe "what does it matter", why you keep arguing for the inclusion of the reserves sides. trust me, you are well and truly for the idea, regardless of its detriment to the competition.

and id love to know how you think we should deal with the inclusion. several people have stated they hate it, and do not want to be seen to be supporting it, and think it is bad for the competition, but you then expect those same people to support it by attending? its a self fulfilling prophecy that the club presidents have caused. we warned them crowds would drop (cos we knew we wouldnt go) they didnt listen, so now we should just go anyway????? unlike Trigg and co, i dont make promises i wont keep, or make empty threats....

how else will the "powers that be" get the message? they ignored us when we raised our concerns with them before hand, even though so far it seems that all of the concerns are coming true. the only thing they listen to is the caching of the cash register. hit them where it hurts. attendencances dropping will quickly evaporate the $40k the crows are stumping up, and only maybe then will they start listening to reason. lets only hope it isnt too late. leave it too long and they will permanently lose those that are voting with their feet.....

some people choose to follow their club but not go to the "reserves" games. probably a reasonable compromise.

and i guess i better put my tin foil hat back on if you can read my thoughts
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Mon May 26, 2014 4:29 am

tipper wrote: unlike Trigg and co, i dont make promises i wont keep, or make empty threats....

Moi non plus. I will never - NEVER - attend a game featuring an interloper. I said it and I meant it. Nor have I renewed my membership, nor those of the Pseudomites. I continue to support the club in other ways which do not involve a tacit sanction of the interlopers' presence, or support of the actions of the club's delegate to the SANFL.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pseudo » Mon May 26, 2014 4:30 am

Dutchy wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

They rang me and didnt ask :oops:

I got 2 voicemail messages and an email. They didn't ask me either.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 26, 2014 4:39 am

they didn't ask, cos they knew the answer
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby tipper » Mon May 26, 2014 8:26 am

bennymacca wrote:
tipper wrote:lol, i told them at the "information night" and the president laughed in my face when i raised my concerns. he obviously doesnt want to listen to me, so ill not support his decision by supporting the club.

some people choose to follow their club but not go to the "reserves" games. probably a reasonable compromise.

and i guess i better put my tin foil hat back on if you can read my thoughts

I dont need to read your thoughts. Your actions in constantly arguing for the reserves sides speaks far louder than words.

But wouldnt skipping the reserves games also be included in your self fulfiling prophecy? Its still non attendance, it still contributes to the crowd drop.

And compromise is just another word for getting screwed. I dont feel that just skipping the reserves games is reasonable at all. I personally felt that offering them a spot in the reserves of the sanfl was a reasonable compromise. But that wasnt good enough for your club.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Mon May 26, 2014 9:02 am

topsywaldron wrote:
Booney wrote:So Glenelg suffer and the competition would unlikely notice you missing. Well played.

FFS, some of us have principles.

I just wish I was as awesome as you constantly remind us you are.

That's me reminding you how awesome I am? I flattered Topsy, you spending time thinking of subliminal messages I may / may not be sending.

I've said it before, how people can just give their club and the competition away so easily is surprising. I know the competition is skewed, I know there's three sets of rules so sure, have less interest in the competition but I would have thought passionate club people would always remain that. Passionate about their club.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL