SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby superboot7 » Sat May 24, 2014 11:23 pm

[quote="HH3"][quote="zedman"][quote="HH3"]CLG pretty comfortable favourites I would've thought.[/quote]

dont agree..they have had ZERO home games so far this year at dolphin park..their performances have been excellent besides the thrashing you guys gave them which was very out of character..i think that was an aberration..or NHFC are at another level..[/quote]

Looks like it wouldve been a nail biter mate ;)[/quote]

Bahahaha!!! Gold!

Love ya work!
superboot7
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Robran » Sun May 25, 2014 2:46 am

Were the eagles were flying under the radar
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby zedman » Sun May 25, 2014 9:27 am

HH3 wrote:
zedman wrote:
HH3 wrote:CLG pretty comfortable favourites I would've thought.

dont agree..they have had ZERO home games so far this year at dolphin park..their performances have been excellent besides the thrashing you guys gave them which was very out of character..i think that was an aberration..or NHFC are at another level..

Looks like it wouldve been a nail biter mate ;)

fair point, but until we actually see these teams in the flesh for the first time all we have to go on are results, history and word of mouth..i prefer to be cautious and alert rather than over confident and relaxed..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Tue May 27, 2014 12:30 pm

Robran wrote:Were the eagles were flying under the radar

Nothing like a drunken post to tell you what you truly believe.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby zedman » Tue May 27, 2014 12:32 pm

lovetotalkfooty wrote:

Sun May 25, 2014 2:46 am
:D
zedman
Coach

Postby Robran » Tue May 27, 2014 1:14 pm

zedman wrote:
lovetotalkfooty wrote:

Sun May 25, 2014 2:46 am
:D[/quote

Lol this is true...
GO THE COCKS
Robran
League - Best 21

Postby Cash 123 » Thu May 29, 2014 2:10 pm

Anyway back on topic:

Havens, Havens, Havens
Cash 123
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Robran » Sat May 31, 2014 9:22 pm

Eags by 10 over cbocc well done to Lutheran ova clg
GO THE COCKS
Robran
League - Best 21

Postby scottroo » Sat May 31, 2014 9:27 pm

Credit to luthies they came ready for a battle and we were abut off our game, they had some handy INS too. Good bunch of guys and cheers for coming up for a beer
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby zedman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:19 am

scottroo wrote:Credit to luthies they came ready for a battle and we were abut off our game, they had some handy INS too. Good bunch of guys and cheers for coming up for a beer

the doggies worked harder than us for 4 quarters and full credit to them for getting the win..i think gilliland kicked 7 straight and was probably the difference in a low scoring type of game..
zedman
Coach

Postby turk186 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:56 pm

Dissapointed by what I witnessed at the Greenies V Havens game, Havens came to play...... we came to stand and watch.

I dont know if the "few" I refer too had quiet games or were shut down by the Haven playing group and coaches but all I know is that nobody else was prepared to get in and have a real crack which was very disappointing especially as it was our Pink day and people were hoping for a special effort.

I was however happier with the effort of our B grade, the boys are starting to settle a bit with so many new faces and actually giving a much better 4 quarter effort, well done boys.

Cheers to the Haven players and supporters that bought tickets etc in support of Breast Cancer Research and well done to those that came back in for a cold froffy after the game.

Congrats to North Haven a tough strong group that should go deep into the finals IMO, as for Greenies.. the coaching group may well have to make a tough decision or two which will really test the metal of some of the players.
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:19 pm

turk186 wrote:Dissapointed by what I witnessed at the Greenies V Havens game, Havens came to play...... we came to stand and watch.

I dont know if the "few" I refer too had quiet games or were shut down by the Haven playing group and coaches but all I know is that nobody else was prepared to get in and have a real crack which was very disappointing especially as it was our Pink day and people were hoping for a special effort.

I was however happier with the effort of our B grade, the boys are starting to settle a bit with so many new faces and actually giving a much better 4 quarter effort, well done boys.

Cheers to the Haven players and supporters that bought tickets etc in support of Breast Cancer Research and well done to those that came back in for a cold froffy after the game.

Congrats to North Haven a tough strong group that should go deep into the finals IMO, as for Greenies.. the coaching group may well have to make a tough decision or two which will really test the metal of some of the players.

Well said Turk. Our A grade continued their great form in the slippery conditions and held a pretty comfortable lead over your boys at all game. And although being in ninth spot your B grade gave our B's a run for their money in the second and third quarters but our boys settled in the last and finished the game strongly. We're in a good position coming to the weekend off then we have two absolutely massive games against CLG in a fortnights time.

Your goal umpire gave us great entertainment and the ladies on the BBQ do a fantastic job! The burgers are top notch!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:40 pm

Is Para Hills in realistic trouble of relegation?

Some comments of them being a major player in the off season. Anything but looking @ the current ladder.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Boosh » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:48 am

turk186 wrote:Dissapointed by what I witnessed at the Greenies V Havens game, Havens came to play...... we came to stand and watch.

I rated Greenacres on Saturday, they were physical and didn't give up. Probably lacked a little but of polish in the key positions.

I would expect them to play finals and on their day could beat anyone in the comp with the exception of CLG who I have not seen play. (I hear they aren't too bad)
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Boosh » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:39 pm

Just some thoughts on our other recent opponents.

Went out to Brahma looking forward to a bit of payback after they have beaten us over the last couple years and rubbed our faces in it in a very unsportsmanlike manner. We did beat them easily but none of the culprits from previous years were there and the lads I spoke to after the game were pretty good guys who were making the best of a difficult situation. We have been there and I know it is hard but I reckon they will bounce back in Div 6 next year.

Last week Luthies came out to North Haven and I expected to see their 4 supporters, army of cheating umpires and the most obnoxious match day official I have ever come across. But credit to Luthies they certainly didn't disappoint, they ticked all those boxes and more.
There are some good guys out there and they are a good footy side on their day but they have some people I really don't like.
They probably feel the same about us.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby HH3 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:45 pm

Boosh wrote:Just some thoughts on our other recent opponents.

Last week Luthies came out to North Haven and I expected to see their 4 supporters, army of cheating umpires and the most obnoxious match day official I have ever come across. But credit to Luthies they certainly didn't disappoint, they ticked all those boxes and more.
There are some good guys out there and they are a good footy side on their day but they have some people I really don't like.
They probably feel the same about us.

I hate them just as much. There's only 2 things I like about them.

1) They have an amazing BBQ at their games.
2) At least one of their players (ex?) is a pretty good surgeon.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby turk186 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:09 pm

To Boosh or DK do you know if your coaching group put a couple of taggers on our better players or did you just play your own game?

and yes Crispo the goal umpire is a character and the girls in the tent do a great job on the BBQ..just dont tell'em ..also thought the bloke helping on the esky was a good look'in rooster too :lol:
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:16 pm

turk186 wrote:and yes Crispo the goal umpire is a character and the girls in the tent do a great job on the BBQ..just dont tell'em ..also thought the bloke helping on the esky was a good look'in rooster too :lol:

What was written on the back of Crispo's jacket? The boys were trying to work it out while we were at the BBQ.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times

Postby turk186 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:31 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
turk186 wrote:and yes Crispo the goal umpire is a character and the girls in the tent do a great job on the BBQ..just dont tell'em ..also thought the bloke helping on the esky was a good look'in rooster too :lol:

What was written on the back of Crispo's jacket? The boys were trying to work it out while we were at the BBQ.

he allways puts things like on this day in 1817...blah blah blah and historic event dates and so on
cost's us a fortune in tape :D ...Saturday was one of the smallest ones Ive seen...must have been a slow day in history.
the big size, standard size and small flags are good too but the best is the stuff he does before he signals like the goose step, the Groucho Marx etc I been watching him for years and it still makes me smile....a real nice bloke with it too, gives his money for umpiring to breast cancer every week. 8)
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Postby Boosh » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:17 pm

turk186 wrote:To Boosh or DK do you know if your coaching group put a couple of taggers on our better players or did you just play your own game?

and yes Crispo the goal umpire is a character and the girls in the tent do a great job on the BBQ..just dont tell'em ..also thought the bloke helping on the esky was a good look'in rooster too :lol:

I can tell you with 100% certainty that we didn't tag anyone mate. We haven't gone into a single game with a tag on someone, not because we think you have no players worth tagging but because we don't actually know any of the players in the other teams. I can assure that is more ignorance than arrogance.

With the exception of this Harvey fella who i get the impression might go alright.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League