SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby morell » Wed May 28, 2014 9:45 am

carey wrote:
morell wrote:Bain was very good. Did a couple of special things. A handful for any club as he is tall enough to take a grab against the smaller defenders but way to smart and quick for the dopey lugs down back.

Difficult matchup...

I didn't see the great Morell at the ground you should've said hello mate.......

Young Bains is no good nothing to see here move along.

Lynch is all the talk from the flag favs in Ingle Farm! ;)

I poked around and bought some of your famous chips but there wasn't anyone I recognised, you were busy preparing I think. Headed to the Port game before the game ended as well.

Was played in good enough spirits. You did well to get Woodward out of there before he met Luke. Thought we had a crack but when you have limited numbers and then cop injuries - as you do when you aren't fit, and the result was not surprising.
Last edited by morell on Wed May 28, 2014 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed May 28, 2014 9:48 am

morell wrote:Thought we had a crack but when you have 18 MPFC players to start and 3 FU guys (who were really good BTW, would be stuffed without them) copped injuries - as you do when you aren't fit, and the result was not surprising.

How is the FU partnership going out of curiosity? Do you train together at all? Could a full merger be on the cards perhaps?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby morell » Wed May 28, 2014 9:49 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
morell wrote:Millions in undisclosed payments will sink SA amateur clubs, warn football chiefs

"Brown paper bags and football mercenaries threaten to undermine a positive culture built around social inclusion that has served many for a long time,’’ Mr Kernahan said.

"The pair both said they wouldn’t be surprised if payments across the state’s 277 clubs now totalled $20 million."

“What is important here and must be protected at all costs is the social fabric of society that has been built by generations around community sport and football in particular,’’ Mr Kernahan said.

Mr Kernahan said 2014 was proving a tipping point on the issue, and believed most clubs, both city and country, agreed changes were needed.

Mr Kernahan also said Australian Taxation Office clarification should be sought on what constituted a “hobby’’ income in sport.

Sounds very familiar. 8)

"but, but, but, my club can do it, therefore it's totally sustainable and it's ok, we wont have anyone to play against, but oh well" :roll:

Average of over $72k per club, righto. :roll: Whats the median? No idea cos the numbers are made up.
Whilst I agree it'd probably on the high side, there are country leagues which have average player expenditures north of $100k pa.

Wouldn't take long to get into the tens of millions across the state. Across the country? Would be staggering amounts of money.

Even if the amount was exaggerated, the points are still valid.
morell
Coach

Postby beeroclock » Wed May 28, 2014 9:52 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
morell wrote:Millions in undisclosed payments will sink SA amateur clubs, warn football chiefs

"Brown paper bags and football mercenaries threaten to undermine a positive culture built around social inclusion that has served many for a long time,’’ Mr Kernahan said.

"The pair both said they wouldn’t be surprised if payments across the state’s 277 clubs now totalled $20 million."

“What is important here and must be protected at all costs is the social fabric of society that has been built by generations around community sport and football in particular,’’ Mr Kernahan said.

Mr Kernahan said 2014 was proving a tipping point on the issue, and believed most clubs, both city and country, agreed changes were needed.

Mr Kernahan also said Australian Taxation Office clarification should be sought on what constituted a “hobby’’ income in sport.

Sounds very familiar. 8)

"but, but, but, my club can do it, therefore it's totally sustainable and it's ok, we wont have anyone to play against, but oh well" :roll:

Average of over $72k per club, righto. :roll: Whats the median? No idea cos the numbers are made up.

Ironic isn't it.
Young John was once a paid player.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby morell » Wed May 28, 2014 9:54 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
morell wrote:Thought we had a crack but when you have 18 MPFC players to start and 3 FU guys (who were really good BTW, would be stuffed without them) copped injuries - as you do when you aren't fit, and the result was not surprising.

How is the FU partnership going out of curiosity? Do you train together at all? Could a full merger be on the cards perhaps?

I was personally quite cynical originally, but it's been really good. The FU boys have been amazing and have blown us away with their willingness to help. Just a really good bunch of fellas pretty much.

We probably need to do start doing more to reciprocate to be honest.

We have trained together a fair bit, and we're playing at the Crabby Den Saturday. Also had some shared events where they've come along and it's been fantastic.

As for a full merger, who knows, I would think the Crabbies would want to hold on to their own identity, just as we do.
morell
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Wed May 28, 2014 10:07 am

Excuse the ignorance here Morell, it may have been covered earlier in the thread but I may have missed it. But the partnership with Flinders Uni, does that allow them to fill in for Mitchell Park if need be? Is no clearance necessary? Or do you just both have your squads that you pick from?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed May 28, 2014 10:21 am

It suckes seeing clubs struggle and close to folding. It's a shame when you put your heart and soul into a club and just watch helplessly as the doors start to close. Its a hell of a job to fight to stay in the comp but with the right people things can change. I know this as St Paul's / Mawson Lakes came very close to shutting its doors back in the early 2000's. Fortunately with the help of a few and some well timed recruiting, we survived and have moved on quite well. Things will come good for those clubs that are struggling. It would be a shame for the SAAFL if some of the clubs that are struggling folded as some of them have been in the SAAFL for a long time.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby morell » Wed May 28, 2014 10:57 am

human_torpedo wrote:Excuse the ignorance here Morell, it may have been covered earlier in the thread but I may have missed it. But the partnership with Flinders Uni, does that allow them to fill in for Mitchell Park if need be? Is no clearance necessary? Or do you just both have your squads that you pick from?
To be honest with you I am not sure about the administrative logistics.
morell
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Wed May 28, 2014 11:04 am

morell wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Excuse the ignorance here Morell, it may have been covered earlier in the thread but I may have missed it. But the partnership with Flinders Uni, does that allow them to fill in for Mitchell Park if need be? Is no clearance necessary? Or do you just both have your squads that you pick from?
To be honest with you I am not sure about the administrative logistics.

We both have our squads but there is free interchange. The clearance part is controlled by the league.
Last edited by Yank Man on Wed May 28, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby norm11 » Wed May 28, 2014 11:11 am

Any news about angle vale??
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times

Postby bickle » Wed May 28, 2014 12:29 pm

norm11 wrote:Any news about angle vale??

business as usual. their looking forward to saturday.
bickle
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed May 28, 2014 12:45 pm

Good news.
A great opportunity on Saturday.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby morell » Wed May 28, 2014 12:57 pm

bickle wrote:

Should be a cracker.

If only we had a full team :(
morell
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed May 28, 2014 1:01 pm

morell wrote:
bickle wrote:

Should be a cracker.

If only we had a full team :(

Play 9 a side? :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby norm11 » Wed May 28, 2014 1:04 pm

bickle wrote:

Good news mate. See u in a couple of weeks
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed May 28, 2014 2:08 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/blackfriars-old-scholars-beat-angle-vale-in-division-six-amateur-league-by-70-goals/story-fnii08h3-1226930901347

This article makes me sick.. reeks of smugness from BOS, not to mention the awfully proud look in the photo.

"BLACKFRIARS Old Scholars coach Aleks Bojanic got the feeling his side was in for a big win early in Saturday’s division six amateur league match against Angle Vale and his hunch would prove correct"
- Gee must've been hard to predict that since half the AV blokes played B grade and have struggled this season. BOS B grade, when was the last time they won a game? Considering they won comfortably, wouldn't have thought there was going to be much challenge in the A grade.

By three-quarter time, Angle Vale was reduced to 12 men with fatigue getting the better of some players who had also suited up in the earlier B-grade game...Blackfriars reduced its own numbers in a gesture of goodwill
What reducing to 15 when up by 46 goals against a dozen blokes? Oh what goodwill and sportsmanship displayed! :roll:

and then rammed through a merciless 26 final-term goals
Please tell me again how merciful BOS were and their great goodwill.. :roll:

The result was terrible for the competition and more importantly Angle Vale, shouldn't that be the major focus here - not some side breaking a zillion records against a severely under manned side?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed May 28, 2014 2:26 pm

BLACKFRIARS Old Scholars coach Aleks Bojanic got the feeling his side was in for a big win early in Saturday’s division six amateur league match against Angle Vale and his hunch would prove correct

the wording of this story makes the coach out to be a total spastic ......the little old lady down the road who knows nothing about football could of predicted a white wash just by looking at the ladder

reminds me of the days when brahma lodge would go out and smash blakeview by 60-70 goals
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed May 28, 2014 2:30 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/blackfriars-old-scholars-beat-angle-vale-in-division-six-amateur-league-by-70-goals/story-fnii08h3-1226930901347

This article makes me sick.. reeks of smugness from BOS, not to mention the awfully proud look in the photo.

"BLACKFRIARS Old Scholars coach Aleks Bojanic got the feeling his side was in for a big win early in Saturday’s division six amateur league match against Angle Vale and his hunch would prove correct"
- Gee must've been hard to predict that since half the AV blokes played B grade and have struggled this season. BOS B grade, when was the last time they won a game? Considering they won comfortably, wouldn't have thought there was going to be much challenge in the A grade.

By three-quarter time, Angle Vale was reduced to 12 men with fatigue getting the better of some players who had also suited up in the earlier B-grade game...Blackfriars reduced its own numbers in a gesture of goodwill
What reducing to 15 when up by 46 goals against a dozen blokes? Oh what goodwill and sportsmanship displayed! :roll:

The result was terrible for the competition and more importantly Angle Vale, shouldn't that be the major focus here - not some side breaking a zillion records against a severely under manned side?

PG - Your post reads as though you do not differentiate between what the journalist wrote in the column and the quotes he has taken from the BOS coach.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby zedman » Wed May 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

a gesture of goodwill would have been keeping the same numbers as AVFC on the ground..not keeping it lopsided..but i digress..

i want to know how AVFC scored 3 goals in the last quarter with only 9 on the ground and with, you would think, most of them in the back half?

and i want to know how long that quarter went for with 29 goals being scored i would think over 40 minutes at least?
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed May 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:PG - Your post reads as though you do not differentiate between what the journalist wrote in the column and the quotes he has taken from the BOS coach.

Is this better?

“Angle Vale has been struggling through out the first six rounds and we knew that coming in but, in saying that, in round two they had a very close game against West Croydon, so we weren’t quite sure what to expect,’’ Bojanic said

LOL Round 2.. 5 weeks before hand.. and 'a very close' game was still the best part of a 10 goal loss!

Angle Vale averaged a 200-40 loss each week, half their season points had come in one round - what person in their right mind can come out as say they weren't sure what to expect?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League