SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby BPwizard » Thu May 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Sorry Phantom i am long way from talking as much crap as you do.

Bickle all clubs go thru a bad patch and as i stated before in early posts i hope it is only short term this year not next year but with alot of players not playing i think it might get worst before gets better. Gr8 set up AV have and is the grass on the oval getting better very patchy last year.

Match of the round would be MP v AV no one wants to be wooden spooners so be a tuff contest. MP in the past can be a tuff team and thats why i think this get them over line plus the overnite trip AV have to take to make it down there for the game.

Red Rocket you are correct young lads that goto school get talked into with mates to goto BLG and plains but also school footy like st columbia and trinity can get the better players before the play for there club. I can t understand why a teams in the BLG have so many players and when they could let some goto another club so they get more of a game instead of being rotated week in week out.
BPwizard
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu May 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Players go where they want.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu May 29, 2014 5:38 pm

BPwizard wrote:Sorry Phantom i am long way from talking as much crap as you do.

Yeah apologies, i wasn't in the best state this morning after a big State of Origin last night, your post didn't make much sense to me at the time lol
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu May 29, 2014 5:56 pm

Its just as hard around the Ingle Farm area where you have the likes of Pooraka Fc, Ingle Farm Fc, Para Hills Fc, Mawson Lakes Fc, Salisbury + Salisbury West + Salisbury North Fc, Gepps Cross. Just to mention a few that are all within 15 kilometres away from each other. There's always going to be a club close by that will attract your players to go to them.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby morell » Thu May 29, 2014 5:59 pm

It's not always about that though B4E. That also happens to be an area of massive growth and is chock full of males aged 20-40. Should be enough to support those clubs really.

Check out my posts in the clubs in strife thread. You might be on your own as a club but if there isn't any playing ages stock in your area it's irrelevant.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Q. » Fri May 30, 2014 10:04 am

From what I hear morell, your club had a Nathan Buckley like clean out of a 'rat pack' and it was always going to be tough this year after getting rid of that many players.

Was the right call though and hopefully a bit of pain now means a return to success in the near future.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Fri May 30, 2014 10:43 am

Hmmm, who been blabbering...thats not really quite right I don't think.

I'm not one to air that kind of dirty laundry so I'll be vague. Said clean out (don't even think I would call it that) occurred through various phases of last year whereby we told a few players that perhaps they weren't a good cultural fit. And that was for a variety of reasons.

Outside of that, the players who you would consider part of the "rat pack" that have left, I reckon we would still like them back. I dont think we told any of them to leave. They're mostly good kids. Being young they do like the partying side of life like any football club with nearly 100 blokes aged between 18 and 40.

We lost a few that really did sting. Harry DeRuiter and Matthew Bonney are two that spring to mind. Great kids. A couple of the PNU guys as well but we got Brett Parker back a few weeks ago. Nat McDonnell going to KI stung but he has more the enough credits and will be back one day. Mark Harrison going also hurt but he needed to move on.

Of the guys that are remaining we've had a ball this year and are as tight as any group I've played with. Saturday nights at the club are just as populous as previous years and socially its been awesome not having to deal with the "dickhead" factor.
morell
Coach

Postby carey » Fri May 30, 2014 10:59 am

Rosewater vs Fitzroy
West Croydon vs Lockleys
Mitchell Park vs Angle Vale
Mawson Lakes vs Central United
Ingle Farm vs BOS

Absolute cracking round for div 6 this week with all games a good chance to go either way!

Rosewater v Fitzroy- I'm taking the home side just

West Croydon v Lockleys- I'm going with what some would consider a bit of an upset here and going with Lockleys they seem to be going along nicely and as stated by the great man they have great depth

MP v AV- well the win column says it all for these 2 sides I'd love a draw but MP at home I think. AV will struggle with McDonnell and Weekley

Mawson v Units- Will be much closer than people think. Mawsons have a good midfield led by Kennett that will click soon enough and at home they'll be up and about that's for sure Novosal is a dangerous forward Units are very young and going ok.

Ingle v BOS- My second upset of the round here I'm taking BOS just in hard fought contest. I haven't seen either side play this year as yet so hard for me to judge
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri May 30, 2014 11:05 am

Good synopsis carey, each game is a toss of the coin!

Could the weather play a part in results and affects games? First time we have been forecast for rain this season, could be interesting to see how some of these running sides handle the wet conditions..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby morell » Fri May 30, 2014 11:06 am

carey wrote:MP v AV- well the win column says it all for these 2 sides I'd love a draw but MP at home I think. AV will struggle with McDonnell and Weekley
We're playing at Crab Park.

And Weekley is massively overrated. We only put his name in the paper to take attention away from B.Steele.
morell
Coach

Postby bickle » Fri May 30, 2014 11:09 am

carey wrote:Rosewater vs Fitzroy
West Croydon vs Lockleys
Ingle Farm vs BOS

Absolute cracking round for div 6 this week with all games a good chance to go either way!

West Croydon v Lockleys- I'm going with what some would consider a bit of an upset here and going with Lockleys they seem to be going along nicely and as stated by the great man they have great depth

MP v AV- well the win column says it all for these 2 sides I'd love a draw but MP at home I think. AV will struggle with McDonnell and Weekley

Mawson v Units- Will be much closer than people think. Mawsons have a good midfield led by Kennett that will click soon enough and at home they'll be up and about that's for sure Novosal is a dangerous forward Units are very young and going ok.

Ingle v BOS- My second upset of the round here I'm taking BOS just in hard fought contest. I haven't seen either side play this year as yet so hard for me to judge

what's the average age there carey?
bickle
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri May 30, 2014 11:09 am

fitzory will have to much fire power up forward rosewater will struggle to stop them

and ingle farm have more quality top end and will account for BOS by 45 points plus
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri May 30, 2014 11:14 am

I reckon Ingle Farm will go undefeated this year and win the flag. Everyone else is just making up numbers.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby bickle » Fri May 30, 2014 11:17 am

bickle wrote:
West Croydon vs Lockleys
Ingle Farm vs BOS

with Holland:
without Holland:
:)
Last edited by bickle on Fri May 30, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
bickle
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri May 30, 2014 11:17 am

morell wrote: Nat McDonnell going to KI stung but he has more the enough credits and will be back one day.

Tomorrow?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby carey » Fri May 30, 2014 11:18 am

bickle wrote:
West Croydon vs Lockleys
Ingle Farm vs BOS

To be honest mate I don't know exactly but I stuff it up abit LOL :oops:

at a guess I would say 23ish :?

Off the top of my head about 5 under 20 including a couple of 17 year olds, there would be a fair wack in the 20-24 range something like 8-10 I can only really think of 3-4 mid to late 20's and I'm pretty sure I'm the only bloke over 30 and in fact over 35 :( :oops:
carey
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri May 30, 2014 11:20 am

carey wrote: I'm pretty sure I'm the only bloke over 30 and in fact over 35 :( :oops:

Fatwick says hi ;)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby carey » Fri May 30, 2014 11:25 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
carey wrote: I'm pretty sure I'm the only bloke over 30 and in fact over 35 :( :oops:

Fatwick says hi ;)

He is out Injured and could be for some time.

Was sick of chewing so tried to swallow a chicken whole and drink a pint of Gravy the result is his been out for 2 weeks and could be longer.......

Positive is the canteen is thriving and the possibly of a second story viewing balcony funded by the canteen is a strong possibility :lol:
carey
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Fri May 30, 2014 11:28 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
morell wrote: Nat McDonnell going to KI stung but he has more the enough credits and will be back one day.

Tomorrow?

We've had a couple return to the club in recent weeks and will continue to chase our loved ones very hard. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri May 30, 2014 11:28 am

In other words, yes?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times