The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby LPH » Fri May 30, 2014 7:54 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
What I personally find confusing is that in one sentence "you still have love for the club, always aligned with them, don't not want to be seen supporting them" etc, yet you change your user name from LEH (loud eagle hooligan) to LPH (I'm assuming the "P" stands for Panther, and your club badge to the Panthers.

That's your right of course by I couldn't do that. Show my support to SAFC or CDFC by buying a membership, possibly but that would be as far as it went.
I know of some pretty diehard Rooster fans that are so disgusted they have given up on their club and walked away. But I couldn't imagine they would change their username and club badge and start watching another SANFL club.

JTC ... I think a couple of explanations are required:

1. As a fellow UK Football Fan, you would understand that FFC are No. 1 in my life - I won't go into it, but I lived in London during the 'Keegan Era' & was very fortunate to become a fan. As you would know, 'Away Trips' are wonderful experiences & the bonds I have with many of my fellow Fulham Fans can NEVER be undone... FFC4Life :D

2. The change from LEH to LPH has more to do with my FB Groups/Friends than anything - they have been at me about my Avatar still being the West Torrens Logo - that will NEVER change, as I have stated on FB, I can keep that because THAT particular Club no longer exists. The change in Logo on here reflects my Membership of SAFC, my Avatar change? - see Number 1 :D

3. LEH or LPH ... I am the same 'Dill' I have been on here for over 7 years - that said, I would like to think that I am much less of a 'wind up merchant' than I was in the early years ... "Toodle-pip" :lol: "Big Blue Bus" ;)

4. I have taken my son to the footy since 2005 (as a 5 yr old) & I have had some of the BEST fun with him & Grand Final Day will remain OUR Boys Day out, as it has been every year but he is old enough now to start going to matches on his own & meet our friends in the Jarman Stand, my daughter is only 8, so its her turn now - she's always been a South Supporter (not sure why), so I go to Noarlunga with her. Do I barrack? Not really. Certainly not to the extent I did at WWT games.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 30, 2014 11:15 pm

bennymacca wrote:52000 fans might say the power is the true port Adelaide too...

I think of they both want to claim the previous history good luck to then. I won't lose a wink of sleep either way and I think it's pretty childish arguing over semantics like that

52k including the pet memberships or without?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri May 30, 2014 11:19 pm

That was their crowd vs hawthorn. Best ever afl crowd in sa
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby RB » Sat May 31, 2014 12:20 am

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/norwood ... 6937921651

The irony. My favourite bit was the part about not destroying the Sanfl.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Postby Aerie » Sat May 31, 2014 12:29 am

RB wrote:http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/norwood-to-lead-review-of-afl-reserves-in-sanfl/story-fnig5e6k-1226937921651

Make it happen Norwood.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 506 times

Postby twosheds » Sat May 31, 2014 1:41 am

bennymacca wrote:That was their crowd vs hawthorn. Best ever afl crowd in sa

Thank you Captain Obvious.
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby bennymacca » Sat May 31, 2014 2:07 am

twosheds wrote:
bennymacca wrote:That was their crowd vs hawthorn. Best ever afl crowd in sa

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Well dutchy questioned it...
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby daysofourlives » Sat May 31, 2014 8:33 am

johntheclaret wrote:I'd like to apologise to Daysofyourlives and Two Sheds

Thats ok JTC, apology accepted

It's understandable that these things take extra time to travel to the other side of the world, but you got there in the end
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Maddawg » Sat May 31, 2014 9:23 am

RB wrote:http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/norwood-to-lead-review-of-afl-reserves-in-sanfl/story-fnig5e6k-1226937921651

If we cant have the AFL teams out I suppose its a compromise I can live with short term
Maddawg
Mini-League

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby sjt » Sat May 31, 2014 12:20 pm

Maddawg wrote:

If we cant have the AFL teams out I suppose its a compromise I can live with short term

I'm still not sure why we have to compromise. Get rid of them, they add nothing to the "enjoyability" of our league.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby Maddawg » Sat May 31, 2014 12:28 pm

sjt wrote:
Maddawg wrote:

I'm still not sure why we have to compromise. Get rid of them, they add nothing to the "enjoyability" of our league.

Youre right we shouldn't compromise. The SANFL and its clubs need to show some balls
Maddawg
Mini-League

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby Wedgie » Sat May 31, 2014 12:53 pm

Well derrrrr to Norwood , North and the other retarded clubs that let this year happen by not getting everything set in stone before voting for it. Wankers.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Sat May 31, 2014 1:24 pm

Lol

Yeah good one Norwood

No doubt this will probably be another pre mature comment from this club which will end up doing a 360 and support the AFL teams in having curtain raisers as home games next years
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Apachebulldog » Sat May 31, 2014 3:59 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Well derrrrr to Norwood , North and the other retarded clubs that let this year happen by not getting everything set in stone before voting for it. Wankers.

Seems to be all about what Norwood can get out of all this.

Looks like it might be another under the table deal.

Backstabbers.

I assume all the other SEVEN SANFL Clubs have a say how this fiasco can be solved ???

Personally they AFL clubs should be told to P#SS OFF especially the Crows FAAARRKKKK OFF !!!!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Hazydog » Sat May 31, 2014 9:37 pm

Booney wrote:
I completely understand why so many are so angered by what has happened, but on the other hand I don't truly believe that enough people made enough noise at the time to truly influence the decision. Some admirable "sit ins" at Woodville Oval with some A3 cardboard or a printed banner are, in essence, small fry compared to the riches the clubs .

In fairness Booney I think that a lot of those that followed the events leading up to the vote were quietly confident there were sufficient "no" voters to block the bid. And failing that, there was the "word" of Trigg that they wouldn't accept anything other than a unanimous yes vote.
Naive maybe? But I applaud those who's actions at least made it into the mainstream media, which was no mean feat given the pro AFL stance that was generally portrayed.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby holden78 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:37 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Seems to be all about what Norwood can get out of all this.

Looks like it might be another under the table deal.

Backstabbers.
Norwood used the opportunity well to get out of salary cap cheating, any other club would have done the same so good luck to them!
It was a typical SA footy club cluster fluk, divided by pettiness and fed bs by Crow Chief Spinner, all the while forgetting to sort out the PAP's conditions of entry into comp.
Hopefully Norwood are serious this time and can lead the other 7 clubs as one because this comp is borderline a joke having a pro club with all their resources etc.
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby kickinit » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:48 pm

Only way for this to happen is for Port to go back to what they where in 2013, all AFL listed players spread between the clubs. Port gave a immediate flat out no to the concept when it was handed to the club late last year.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:52 pm

kickinit wrote:

Only way for this to happen is for Port to go back to what they where in 2013, all AFL listed players spread between the clubs. Port gave a immediate flat out no to the concept when it was handed to the club late last year.

How is that the only way?
Just make it a rule where all top up players for Port and Adelaide are u23 and no mature age roles such as Callinan.
Summerton and co just have to find new clubs next year, fairly simple.
Also no home games for Port at Alberton.
Very easy to implement these changes
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby kickinit » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Jim05 wrote:
kickinit wrote:

How is that the only way?
Just make it a rule where all top up players for Port and Adelaide are u23 and no mature age roles such as Callinan.
Summerton and co just have to find new clubs next year, fairly simple.
Also no home games for Port at Alberton.
Very easy to implement these changes

It's the only way because Port don't want "loan" players. Port flat out said we will never have "loan" players like the crows. Port will not give up it's jnr's and it's academy side. Plain and simple if they want us to go the same model as the crows then will reject it and go back to how thing where before. Think norwood will change it's mind pretty quick once they realise the zones and money have gone from them.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:13 pm

Ummm

Its the SANFL who make the decisions on what the rules in the competition are not Port Adelaide.

If the SANFL decide the only way Port Magpies can be in the SANFL is if they abide by 'X' rules. Port either accept those rules or find a different comp to play in.
Last edited by whufc on Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL