Round 11 Chat

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 11 Chat

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:41 am

How did old pea heart Jack go last night?
3 goals in the dying minutes when your sides 10 goals down. The downhill skiing champ couldnt get a kick in the first half, cant play on kids every week.
Watched the replay this morning and my god they are a terrible side, how jokers like Rance, Edwards, Chaplin, Houli and Hampson are on an AFL list beggars belief, even their decent footballers have gone backwards under Hardwick. Cotchin was jumping at his own shadows and Deledio spent more time looking for loose chips on ground than the seagulls.
Seriously crap club, how long can Hardwick keep his job?
Essendon are not much chop themselves but atleast they show a bit of heart and spirit unlike the Tigers
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:51 am

Red Rocket wrote:How did old pea heart Jack go last night?
3 goals in the dying minutes when your sides 10 goals down. The downhill skiing champ couldnt get a kick in the first half, cant play on kids every week.
Watched the replay this morning and my god they are a terrible side, how jokers like Rance, Edwards, Chaplin, Houli and Hampson are on an AFL list beggars belief, even their decent footballers have gone backwards under Hardwick. Cotchin was jumping at his own shadows and Deledio spent more time looking for loose chips on ground than the seagulls.
Essendon are not much chop themselves but atleast they show a bit of heart and spirit unlike the Tigers

Bit harsh on Jack and the rest of your post explained why.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:02 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
bennymacca wrote:8,9,6,9,7,7,7,6,8

That's their breaks for the rest of the year. (If my quick adding was correct)

Sounds like geelong folk trying to make excuses for finally losing a game

Well according to bullshit theories they might as well play their reserves the two games they have 6 day breaks unless the sports scientists and teams of analysts can solve the riddle of how to possible recover with only 144 hours between games.

It kind of reminds me of the year that everyone got a hard on for teams not being able to win the week after playing in Perth. :roll: HTFU!!!

Vanessa, Benny.

Three six day breaks in succession DOES take a toll on the energy levels of the players (although it's not unexpected of a Crows fan in particular to understand the nature of a tough draw seeing as they never seem to get one). Especially when the opposition is coming off the bye. I watch Geelong every week and I've never seen us cooked in the first five minutes of the game. It was obvious to anyone who really watches the game. We wouldn't have beaten Sydney off seven days break at the SCG without Lonnegan and Enright but there was no spread or defensive run from the Cats and we didn't suddenly become Richmond overnight.

I don't know about bullshit theories but I know it's considered an advantage to have a week off during the finals and they avoid scheduling six day breaks during and leading up to the finals wherever they can. Hmm, wonder why that is? If you want to keep your head in the sand you should be out there helping Hockey defend his budget instead of wasting time on this forum LOL.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:03 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:How did old pea heart Jack go last night?

Bit harsh on Jack and the rest of your post explained why.

regards,

REB

If Jack had half the ticker of his cousin he would be a great player.
The Saints get pummelled week after week but Nick still manages to put in a effort and will himself to the contest and never gives up.
Jack sooks and spits the dummy like a petulant little kid when things are not going his way. Last night he dropped simple marks, was outmuscled several times, refused to chase on numerous times and stood sulking with hands on his hips. Jack had given up 5 minutes in to the first quarter. He then kicks 3 goals in the dying minutes and then once again makes out he is bigger than the team with his weak effort after the siren when it looked like he was going to cry
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:07 pm

If he was at Hawthorn or Geelong he might become a great player also. He is a confidence player and when that's gone so is he. Something is amiss at Tigerland and despite his dummy spits Jack is the least of their worries IMO. Not many people look good in comparison to St Nick either. Since he stopped his Matty Lloyd act of a few years ago he is gaining more and more respect in the footy world. Maybe when Jack stops the Fevola act he can do the same.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:33 pm

Another riveting round of matches so far.

Has this been the worse season in the history of the AFL.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:55 pm

whufc wrote:Another riveting round of matches so far.

Has this been the worse season in the history of the AFL.

No, that would be 2004. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:46 pm

Given the Crows are playing for their season I can't believe how tentative the crowd sounds, polar opposite to Port crowds
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:56 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
bennymacca wrote:8,9,6,9,7,7,7,6,8

That's their breaks for the rest of the year. (If my quick adding was correct)

Sounds like geelong folk trying to make excuses for finally losing a game

Well according to bullshit theories they might as well play their reserves the two games they have 6 day breaks unless the sports scientists and teams of analysts can solve the riddle of how to possible recover with only 144 hours between games.

It kind of reminds me of the year that everyone got a hard on for teams not being able to win the week after playing in Perth. :roll: HTFU!!!

Vanessa, Benny.

Three six day breaks in succession DOES take a toll on the energy levels of the players (although it's not unexpected of a Crows fan in particular to understand the nature of a tough draw seeing as they never seem to get one). Especially when the opposition is coming off the bye. I watch Geelong every week and I've never seen us cooked in the first five minutes of the game. It was obvious to anyone who really watches the game. We wouldn't have beaten Sydney off seven days break at the SCG without Lonnegan and Enright but there was no spread or defensive run from the Cats and we didn't suddenly become Richmond overnight.

I don't know about bullshit theories but I know it's considered an advantage to have a week off during the finals and they avoid scheduling six day breaks during and leading up to the finals wherever they can. Hmm, wonder why that is? If you want to keep your head in the sand you should be out there helping Hockey defend his budget instead of wasting time on this forum LOL.

regards,

REB

lol

looking for excuses still i see.

6 day breaks would have some effect. but to blame that on getting smacked by nearly 100 points is just trying to deflect from the fact that they werent good enough on the night.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby dedja » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:17 pm

JK wrote:Given the Crows are playing for their season I can't believe how tentative the crowd sounds, polar opposite to Port crowds

Agreed Spermy, I'm here with all the nufties and there's bugger all atmosphere, unless the screens tell them to cheer.

Should try to get here for a Port game sometime.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1024 times

Postby JK » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:25 pm

Crows play such average football at times .. They have some weapons, but it's almost as if they're more focused on trying not to lose than being ballsy enough to win
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:30 pm

Jacobs with a groin injury
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby dedja » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:56 pm

Crows should be 3-4 goals up, Suns would be happy to only be a goal down.
dedja
Coach

Postby dedja » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Crows can't shake them, all set for a Gazza show in the last.
dedja
Coach

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Crows easily. Poor game between two ordinary sides.
Suns have had a soft draw and the Crows are no chance at the 8.
Good that the Crows win, dont want their season over too early, its much more fun when their fans think they are chance and they stay interested until the last few rounds
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby kickinit » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:29 pm

dangerfield another poor game. He's either made his mind up about leaving or he's carrying a injury.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:45 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Crows easily. Poor game between two ordinary sides.
Suns have had a soft draw and the Crows are no chance at the 8.
Good that the Crows win, dont want their season over too early, its much more fun when their fans think they are chance and they stay interested until the last few rounds

What do you mean they are a chance? They just beat the 2nd best team, they are certainties to make the 8 now and do some real damage. No one will want to meet the Crows in September.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:44 pm

Giants by a goal at 1/4 Time
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:57 pm

come on the giants!
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Spargo » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Doesn't get any softer than that free to hawthorn.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5525 times
Been liked: 5160 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL