2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Postby X Runna » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:52 am

Milly wrote:
X Runna wrote:I have a very easy solution. A Grade clubs could show some integrity and play their C Grade as their 3rd best side. This would reduce the gap between A Grade & C Grade teams markedly.

That's a bit rich coming from an Ingle Farm poster who's C grade posses a few of last year's A grade premiership players

We have 1 ex A Grader playing C Grade at the moment & he is only playing C's until his knee operation later this month. Some others played C Grade early as their preseasons and are now playing B Grade, where they belong at this stage. BUT, we are talking Div 7 ex A Graders not guys with 200 AFL games under their belt lurking in the D Grade.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby marbles » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:01 pm

ex afl that are at least 45 years old and still playing??

your bitterness of last years final, having our D-Grade eliminate your B-grade out of the finals race is another reason why Div 1 & Div 2 cgraders need to be seperated from you lower grade agraders

your actually all for the seperation without realizing. but yet here you are debating the NO cause to moving C-Grade clubs on to their own comp :shock:
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby morell » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Boosh wrote:Whilst I acknowledge this is a issue that needs to be addressed if my club were not permitted to be promoted in their A Grade to ensure some Div 1 and 2 clubs C and D Grade have a more even competition I would be taking a very dim view of that situation.

Very well put.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Cash 123 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:29 pm

Who gives a F
Cash 123
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:31 pm

Cash 123 wrote:Who gives a F

Uni has an F Grade
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby marbles » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:31 pm

morell wrote:
Boosh wrote:Whilst I acknowledge this is a issue that needs to be addressed if my club were not permitted to be promoted in their A Grade to ensure some Div 1 and 2 clubs C and D Grade have a more even competition I would be taking a very dim view of that situation.

Very well put.

one season of pain for 20 years of gain, where clubs will no longer be prevented success, because the depth of div 1 div 2 clubs cgrade team taking away premierships

us cgraders are also road block on the smaller clubs, if only we werent in the way, a lot of you blokes would have more medals around your neck
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:03 pm

marbles wrote:us cgraders are also road block on the smaller clubs, if only we werent in the way, a lot of you blokes would have more medals around your neck

Get over yourself! :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Boosh » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:03 pm

marbles wrote:
morell wrote:

Very well put.

one season of pain for 20 years of gain, where clubs will no longer be prevented success, because the depth of div 1 div 2 clubs cgrade team taking away premierships

us cgraders are also road block on the smaller clubs, if only we werent in the way, a lot of you blokes would have more medals around your neck

Our pain is someone else's gain, I'm not knocking your suggestion; you are entitled to your point of view and it has merit. However if this was to come to fruition and we were penalised in any way we would do everything possible to reverse such a situation.

We only get promoted once every 10 or so years so I am only talking hypothetically in our case.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:07 pm

But on the flip side, a club may be saved and avoid relegation by changing the structure?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:32 pm

we'll put it this way

for years div 1 clubs have openly volunteered to put their c-graders up against you agraders

metaphorically thats kinda like some under 16 sides volunteering to fill some vacant spots in an under 18s comp, just to keep your comp alive and well

now this yearfor example modbury, smosh, henley, shocs, and flinders parks decide nah that enough, we wish to withdraw our assistance, we'd like a div 9created so we can just have our cgraders play cgraders only. too many forfiets are occurring enthusiasm to play agrade clubs and getting smashed every second week is nil, we just want an appealling environment for our kick and catch players who cant be bothered training half the time.

so your div 7 bunnies no longer participate in keeping the agrade clubs afloat, they go to their own playground and play with kids their own size.

i think u should all count yourselves lucky for having us around in the first place, but unfortunately due to our own survival, we have to play elsewhere, and you blokes are on your own

so whether u gonna have to stay down a div for one season is not our problem, just be grateful that cgraders have volunteered to keep u alive for long ')
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby tomo » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:04 pm

marbles wrote:we'll put it this way

for years div 1 clubs have openly volunteered to put their c-graders up against you agraders

metaphorically thats kinda like some under 16 sides volunteering to fill some vacant spots in an under 18s comp, just to keep your comp alive and well

now this yearfor example modbury, smosh, henley, shocs, and flinders parks decide nah that enough, we wish to withdraw our assistance, we'd like a div 9created so we can just have our cgraders play cgraders only. too many forfiets are occurring enthusiasm to play agrade clubs and getting smashed every second week is nil, we just want an appealling environment for our kick and catch players who cant be bothered training half the time.

so your div 7 bunnies no longer participate in keeping the agrade clubs afloat, they go to their own playground and play with kids their own size.

i think u should all count yourselves lucky for having us around in the first place, but unfortunately due to our own survival, we have to play elsewhere, and you blokes are on your own

so whether u gonna have to stay down a div for one season is not our problem, just be grateful that cgraders have volunteered to keep u alive for long ')
o

Thankyou very much for allowing us to play football!!!!
Xxx
tomo
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Trader » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:58 pm

Marbles, I can't quite work it out. Half your posts are saying that the C-grade teams are stopping the A-graders from winning flags, and the other half are saying the C-grade teams are getting smashed by the A-grade sides.

It's starting to sound a lot like the AFL reserves in the SANFL discussions, where the same people were saying the reserves sides would win too easily, but also destroy the comp by not trying and not playing to win, only interested in setting up team structures and bringing blokes back from injury.

Which one is it?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby marbles » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:58 pm

Trader wrote:Marbles, I can't quite work it out. Half your posts are saying that the C-grade teams are stopping the A-graders from winning flags, and the other half are saying the C-grade teams are getting smashed by the A-grade sides.

It's starting to sound a lot like the AFL reserves in the SANFL discussions, where the same people were saying the reserves sides would win too easily, but also destroy the comp by not trying and not playing to win, only interested in setting up team structures and bringing blokes back from injury.

Which one is it?

haha true, 2 perpectives

one from the cgrades, why to move away = no more playing paid surpreme athletes, when we can hardly be f#cked training once a week

examples of dis-interest...

2013 - TTG fold from Div 6 byes for all
2013 - Broadview pull out half way through season
2014 - Flinders Parks scrap their D-Grade
2014 - Shocs in may scrap their D-Grade
2014 - TTG move to c-grade comp div 8 now flourishing

and one from the agrade to why to let them go - no more c-graders taking their flags, and finals

examples...

2009 GF - henley defeated houghton
2010 GF - adelaide uni def. mawsons lakes??
2011 GF - Shocs def ????
# and lets also consider the other finals where C-graders have ended agrader seasons preventing them from making grannies

and how about the last div 7 reserve flags ALL d-graders preventing your B-Grades from glory...

2009 Adelaide University
2010 Adelaide University
2011 Sacred Heart OC
2012 Tea Tree Gully
2013 Henley

sure its fun for us winning flags but isnt the development and achievement more significant for the agrader club? we're stealing flags from you (although we did earn them) but your better off without us too
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:08 pm

The thing you keep missing marby old mate is the SAAFL decide where you play. Sure you can lobby, suggest, beg and plead, but if they decide to say, stuff you Modbury, Smosh, Henley, SHOCS, and Flinders Park, you're all in D7 this year - that's where you will play!

And we will likely have another 12 months hearing you whinge, bitch and moan about how these clubs paying players are beating up on your casual kick and catch footballers. Again, what you fail to realise, is that these A Grade clubs are pretty much that as well. If you remove the first letter both sides you would have far more similarities than differences.

Most years you get clubs like us in 2012, Ingle Farm last year and Smithfield this year who improve dramatically and climb out. But so what!! Thats the idea of it all mate. That happens every year from D1 to D7.

Be proud your clubs C Grade are competitive with A Grades from other clubs, I've lost to Henley C Grade sides in Prelims. I've seen many a C Grade side in D7 GF's. Its not like you're all getting flogged year in year out.

So whats the problem?
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:11 pm

Trader wrote:Marbles, I can't quite work it out. Half your posts are saying that the C-grade teams are stopping the A-graders from winning flags, and the other half are saying the C-grade teams are getting smashed by the A-grade sides.

Which one is it?
This guy sounds intelligent.
morell
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:13 pm

marbles wrote:examples...

2009 GF - henley defeated houghton
2010 GF - adelaide uni def. mawsons lakes??
2011 GF - Shocs def ????
# and lets also consider the other finals where C-graders have ended agrader seasons preventing them from making grannies

Think Adel Uni beat Central United and SHOC beat Mawson Lakes?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:27 pm

ok cheers man

so in short of the last 10 flags available since 2009 (five division 7s & five division reserve flags)....

7 out of the 10 premierships available have been taken home by C-Grade & D-Grade teams

in what is supposed to be a A-Grader division, only 2 agrade sides have taken home a flag (Ingle Farm & Mitchell Parks) since 2009
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:31 pm

marbles wrote:ok cheers man

so in short of the last 10 flags available since 2009 (five division 7s & five division reserve flags)....

7 out of the 10 premierships available have been taken home by C-Grade & D-Grade teams

in what is supposed to be a A-Grader division, only 2 agrade sides have taken home a flag (Ingle Farm & Mitchell Parks) since 2009

That's really not supporting your case that the C/D grade sides get flogged every 2nd week by paid players :?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby jo172 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
marbles wrote:ok cheers man

That's really not supporting your case that the C/D grade sides get flogged every 2nd week by paid players :?

I suspect the real cause of his outrage is that Henley only win a flag every second year.

Imagine the injustice!
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby marbles » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:39 pm

your right guys, i think the sharks have won about 11 senior flags in last 10 years?

shocs would be similar, ttg similar, smosh too up around there

how many has mawson lakes got, colonel light, angle vale, yes mitchell parks, yes ingle farms, north pines, and all the rest of these little battler clubs got

arent you sick of us yet? arent u sick of us taking the cake most the time, you invite us to your playground and most times we come home with your lunch money

isnt it time u kick us out so someone down here can have a significant good time, or youre just happy to keep getting raided
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League