HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby FairDinkum » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:03 pm

It looked like Blackwood coaching panels idea after the half time break was to get physical and soften up the Tiger guys, big fail, very awkward. First off you can't get physical with your opponents if you can't catch them, and secondly and especially if your playing with 16 guys on the field. Lesson learnt.
Well done Tigers, lots of contributors which brought silence from the crowd under the Blackwood clubs rooms verandah, except for the Bronx cheers when Blackwood scored after what seemed like an eternity. Who's next.
FairDinkum
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby FairDinkum » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:04 pm

1000 pages!!!
FairDinkum
Rookie

Postby FairDinkum » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:04 pm

20000 posts not far away
FairDinkum
Rookie

Postby FairDinkum » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:05 pm

If I keep posting to myself we'll get there soon
FairDinkum
Rookie

Postby spot on » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:05 pm

FairDinkum wrote:If I keep posting to myself we'll get there soon

I'll join you Fair Dinkum, I needed 1 for my 500th, there done it.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby lovethefooty » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:49 pm

Ill post a reply if it gets us closer to the milestone. By the way, good win by the magpies yesterday. 11 goals to 3 after quarter time....
lovethefooty
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby the_grinch » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:41 pm

A lot of bagging of Blackwood... what'd they do wrong?!
the_grinch
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times

Postby FairDinkum » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Head butting I'm pretty sure is against the rules, elbows and touching or abusing umpires is frowned upon also, both those things will cause unpopularity.
FairDinkum
Rookie

Postby the_grinch » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:29 pm

FairDinkum wrote:Head butting I'm pretty sure is against the rules, elbows and touching or abusing umpires is frowned upon also, both those things will cause unpopularity.

Oh yeah. Kick them out of the league.
the_grinch
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times

Postby chopper7 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:30 pm

FairDinkum wrote:Head butting I'm pretty sure is against the rules, elbows and touching or abusing umpires is frowned upon also, both those things will cause unpopularity.

Most undiscipline group of footballs I have watched play. You'd think they concentrate on getting a kick rather than try rough up opponents!!
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby chopper7 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:31 pm

Torrens valley seem to think spending thousands on one player is a great method to keep there Footy club/community in a good position. I thought they were changing there ways ie developing juniors. Chad o'sullivan I would not blame you for playing for the cash I've been told but this is ridiculous torrens valley take a good look.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby the wonder elephant » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:05 am

See no dundervic for blackwood .... fallen out with some one or injured ... didnt play for scotch either ?
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:26 pm

the_grinch wrote:A lot of bagging of Blackwood... what'd they do wrong?!

They are seen as a "metropolitan" club and as a result treated as outsiders.

I have always found this strange as anything close to the freeway (ie Mount Barker, Nairne, Hahndorf, Mount Lofty etc) is pretty much metro Adelaide these days.

We have a similar attitude in our competition to those clubs north of Cement & O'Halloran Hill
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:01 pm

chopper7 wrote:Torrens valley seem to think spending thousands on one player is a great method to keep there Footy club/community in a good position. I thought they were changing there ways ie developing juniors. Chad o'sullivan I would not blame you for playing for the cash I've been told but this is ridiculous torrens valley take a good look.

Why only blame Torrens Valley for taking this approach? Uraidla are doing exactly the same thing. Junior teams struggling for numbers and easybeats, but always plenty of cash for more ex NAFC A-graders.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Peakedinhighschool » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:58 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
chopper7 wrote:Torrens valley seem to think spending thousands on one player is a great method to keep there Footy club/community in a good position. I thought they were changing there ways ie developing juniors. Chad o'sullivan I would not blame you for playing for the cash I've been told but this is ridiculous torrens valley take a good look.

Why only blame Torrens Valley for taking this approach? Uraidla are doing exactly the same thing. Junior teams struggling for numbers and easybeats, but always plenty of cash for more ex NAFC A-graders.

How much are Uraidla paying for these ex- North players? oh wait, you have no clue!
Im still confused as to how anyone believes that the recruitment of players to an A grade side makes any difference to the shortage of kids in our under 13s, 15s and 17s. In the last two weeks Uraidla has had to organise an under 9s team to accommodate the unusually larger number of kids between the ages of 8 and 12 and at the same time recruited Tim Delvins and Luke Ivens to the Senior ranks. Those two players are obviously turning young players away form Uraidla with their fat pay packets........
Peakedinhighschool
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby groovster » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:17 pm

FairDinkum wrote:It looked like Blackwood coaching panels idea after the half time break was to get physical and soften up the Tiger guys, big fail, very awkward. First off you can't get physical with your opponents if you can't catch them, and secondly and especially if your playing with 16 guys on the field. Lesson learnt.
Well done Tigers, lots of contributors which brought silence from the crowd under the Blackwood clubs rooms verandah, except for the Bronx cheers when Blackwood scored after what seemed like an eternity. Who's next.

Lobey have showed what selective recruiting combined with fostering local juniors can result in.
groovster
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Banker » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:54 pm

Shown what exactly? Lets not forget that they went out in straight sets last year...

Anyway, Is anyone tipping Echunga to make finals yet?
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby always there » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:52 am

Banker wrote:Shown what exactly? Lets not forget that they went out in straight sets last year...

Shown that you can become a competitive side even if you spend many years at the bottom and not winning games. They deserve some credit for their efforts and current results.
Echunga will play finals.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby WingerFC » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:40 am

Banker wrote:Shown what exactly? Lets not forget that they went out in straight sets last year...

Echunga have their eyes firmly on the prize.. withdrawn all their selected players out of the Interleague squad so they could concentrate on winning the flag.. :roll:
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Legs Man » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:23 am

I don't think Echunga is looking to a flag at this stage - they simply want to stay in Central Div.

Fair chance that finals are a possibility though with the upcoming Hahndorf match an important measure of where Echunga sits.

It will be a ripper game!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy