HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Champ » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:08 am

WingerFC wrote:
Banker wrote:Shown what exactly? Lets not forget that they went out in straight sets last year...

Anyway, Is anyone tipping Echunga to make finals yet?

Echunga have their eyes firmly on the prize.. withdrawn all their selected players out of the Interleague squad so they could concentrate on winning the flag.. :roll:

Whinger I wait in hope every time you post that it will be something decent and yet I still wait. Jesse Aish was never going to play for Norwood this coming weekdn as he'd always had an interstate trip planned to see his cousin and the other two have been training with the association team so I'm not sure I'd call this being pulled out you idiot.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Champ » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:13 am

Peakedinhighschool wrote:
Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
chopper7 wrote:Torrens valley seem to think spending thousands on one player is a great method to keep there Footy club/community in a good position. I thought they were changing there ways ie developing juniors. Chad o'sullivan I would not blame you for playing for the cash I've been told but this is ridiculous torrens valley take a good look.

Why only blame Torrens Valley for taking this approach? Uraidla are doing exactly the same thing. Junior teams struggling for numbers and easybeats, but always plenty of cash for more ex NAFC A-graders.

How much are Uraidla paying for these ex- North players? oh wait, you have no clue!
Im still confused as to how anyone believes that the recruitment of players to an A grade side makes any difference to the shortage of kids in our under 13s, 15s and 17s. In the last two weeks Uraidla has had to organise an under 9s team to accommodate the unusually larger number of kids between the ages of 8 and 12 and at the same time recruited Tim Delvins and Luke Ivens to the Senior ranks. Those two players are obviously turning young players away form Uraidla with their fat pay packets........

In my opinion Uraidla are a very smartly run club who seem to attract quality players while keeping inside their points allocation and within their means ($$$). I feel that the locals at Uraidla have a very different view to that of those at Mt Barker in they applaud their strong senior teams and the kids keep rocking up despite being pumped. Whisper out of Mt Barker have locals disgruntled at the bottle neck between seniors and juniors due to so many imports. Again though I state, this is all chinese whispers and first hand drunked conversations as opposed to the die-harders and their 'facts'.
Chad O'Sullivan = quality bloke, quality footballer who was given 1500 reasons to make the switch the mighty valley's.
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Champ » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:17 am

Now on to more positive news.
First does anyone know the potential line up to play the RMFL?

There's a long way to go in the season yet and there are atleast 3 clubs that are more worried about collecting club shield points than they are finals and then there's three others that are currently dead ringers to finish 1,2,3. Anyone care to crystal ball the run home?
Champ
Under 18s

Postby citycoaster17 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:36 am

Do we think Echunga might be able to upset a few of the higher up teams later in teh season?
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Legs Man » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:44 am

If Echunga evades the injury curse they will present a side that will push the top 3 sides.

They beat Bridgey by 100 points in the wet at their home ground.

Unfortunately the League hierarchy and the relegation system has now put at least 3 clubs in a shield points scenario.

Lets hope that it doesn't formulate into sides playing their better players in the B grade to ensure points are accumulated.

Lofty will be back up undoubtedly with a current side down.

It looks like Echunga will win enough matches across all grades except B grade to stay up so it will be a shitfight again.

As previously stated - there is a simple solution by seeing Blackwood vacate Hills football.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby The Panther » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:45 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
the_grinch wrote:A lot of bagging of Blackwood... what'd they do wrong?!

They are seen as a "metropolitan" club and as a result treated as outsiders.

I have always found this strange as anything close to the freeway (ie Mount Barker, Nairne, Hahndorf, Mount Lofty etc) is pretty much metro Adelaide these days.

We have a similar attitude in our competition to those clubs north of Cement & O'Halloran Hill

1. Yeah, I think it was more that they arrived in 1987 to Hills from the defunct Glenelg/South league and have always been seen as outsiders.

2. The Hills league central comp is almost a "metro" comp these days anyway.

3. Logistically Blackwood is Hills . You drive up the first set of hills to get there from Adelaide. Also only a 5 minute drive up another hill to Ironbank . :lol:
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Legs Man » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:58 am

I actually get on well with some Blackwood guys and am simply looking for a solution to the 10 team comp woes.

Junior footy is so important to a clubs future and it is getting worse in Country - just ask Meadows.

Echunga is now starting to gain some traction in colts grades with players coming who are comfortable with the standard and travel involved.

If we had stayed in Country we would now be close to unable to fill both J/C, S/C.

lets hope someone or something sees sense here and looks at a different structure for Hills footy moving forward.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Champ » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:07 pm

One thing is for sure, there is no one answer that suits all clubs. If the HFL move to a 12 team comp then the coutnry division is surely all but done!
Re-zoning clubs could see the shift in leagues for Sedan, Blackwood and even potentially Kangy? Birdwood and Kersbrook can't fullfill requirements to field teams in Barossa so they'd have to remain.

I dont see any problems with annual promotion/relegation personally but the rules have to change before the end of this current season and not in December/January. The clubs need ot agree on something a little more equitable and something that accounts for a range of scenarios.
For example club shield verse A'Grade Premiership is very narrow minded. Lets just clear the system up. Lofty have finally swallowed their medicine and are responding beautifully but do we really want two completely different to go undefeated premiers two years in a row in country - what does that do to the comp.
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Legs Man » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:52 pm

Personally I think Country div is all but stuffed already.

Kersbrook to Barossa
Kangarilla to Southern
Maccy / Meadows combine - play Central
Gums / Birdwood combine - play Central
Nairne - play Central
Sedan to Barossa (or anywhere closer to them)
Blackwood to Amateurs

12 team Central Div:
Uraidla
Mt Barker
Hahndorf
Onkas
Echunga
Lobethal
Nairne
Bridgewater
Ironbank
TV
McMeadows
Birderacha

Hope I haven't missed anyone :)
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:57 pm

Legs Man wrote:Personally I think Country div is all but stuffed already.

Kersbrook to Barossa
Kangarilla to Southern
Nairne - play Central
Blackwood to Amateurs

12 team Central Div:
Uraidla
Mt Barker
Hahndorf
Onkas
Echunga
Lobethal
Nairne
Bridgewater
Ironbank
TV
McMeadows
Birderacha

Milang
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Legs Man » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:05 pm

Damn

Milang still play in Central C comp which will be quite strong with the obvious overflow of players at combined clubs.

I reckon Maccy, Meadows, Gums & Birdwood would be all for it - NOT!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby WingerFC » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Champ wrote:
WingerFC wrote:
Banker wrote:Shown what exactly? Lets not forget that they went out in straight sets last year...

Echunga have their eyes firmly on the prize.. withdrawn all their selected players out of the Interleague squad so they could concentrate on winning the flag.. :roll:

Whinger I wait in hope every time you post that it will be something decent and yet I still wait. Jesse Aish was never going to play for Norwood this coming weekdn as he'd always had an interstate trip planned to see his cousin and the other two have been training with the association team so I'm not sure I'd call this being pulled out you idiot.

Cranna, Carey and Lindsay? are they available?.. must be all related to the same cousin. Aish playing for Norwood? :lol:
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Champ » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:13 pm

WingerFC wrote:
Champ wrote:
WingerFC wrote:

Cranna, Carey and Lindsay? are they available?.. must be all related to the same cousin. Aish playing for Norwood? :lol:

Again you really are stupid and three facts to point that out beyond a shadow of a doubt:
1 Cranna was never invited to train with teh squad
2 Aish commenced the year with Norwood and has this 'holiday' booked with their approval for some time
3 Lindsay and Carey have both been training with the association squad up until last week; IF they're not playing they either have not been picked in the final side or they have sucummed to injury against Bridgy however you can't fault them as THEY'D BEEN TRAINING WITH THE HFL SQUAD
Champ
Under 18s

Postby chopper7 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:43 pm

Can confirm that both CAREY and LINDSAY both withdrew, they trained once and loved it then both no shows last night. Coach must have got in their ears IMHO. Doesn't matter though the HFL squad is looking very strong indeed.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby WingerFC » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:10 pm

chopper7 wrote:Can confirm that both CAREY and LINDSAY both withdrew, they trained once and loved it then both no shows last night. Coach must have got in their ears IMHO. Doesn't matter though the HFL squad is looking very strong indeed.

Well i'll be.... and Cranna was a call up after last Wednesday night but unavailable... keep punching Chump!
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby groovster » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:15 pm

Legs Man wrote:Damn

Milang still play in Central C comp which will be quite strong with the obvious overflow of players at combined clubs.

I reckon Maccy, Meadows, Gums & Birdwood would be all for it - NOT!

HFL review about to start on both Central and Country Divs with a select committee compiling with all Clubs input. Lets hope something comes out of it and we get a solution prior to Season 2015 and well before end of November 2014 so clubs can plan.
groovster
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:47 pm

Kersbrook to Barossa
Kangarilla to Southern
Nairne - play Central
Blackwood to Amateurs

12 team Central Div:
Uraidla
Mt Barker
Hahndorf
Onkas
Echunga
Lobethal
Nairne
Bridgewater
Ironbank
TV
McMeadows
Birderacha

Combining into one division - don't do it!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:50 pm

Kersbrook to Barossa
Kangarilla to Southern
Nairne - play Central
Blackwood to Amateurs

12 team Central Div:
Uraidla
Mt Barker
Hahndorf
Onkas
Echunga
Lobethal
Nairne
Bridgewater
Ironbank
TV
McMeadows
Birderacha

Looking the other way.
3 Divisions
Central with the top 8 teams
Country div 1 with the bottom 2 from Central and the top 6 from Country
Country div 2 with the bottom 3 from Country plus Blackwood (could they field 4 teams again with their B's playing here and their C's in Central or Milang to play B's) plus extra's eg Aldinga and Hackham struggling in the SFL, 2nd team from around Mt Barker eg Littlehampton, BSR who previously played against Sedan Cambrai and could Callington be relieved? Or suggest others.

There is always 1 or 2 teams slightly off the pace in the Central, abet names do change. The gap between the top and bottom teams in the Country is vast at times. In this way that would eliminate much of the previous 2 comments and make the both div's far more competitive. Throw in compulsory promotion and relegation depending on junior teams and things heat up a lot more and make far more games count.
Country div 2 would allow struggling clubs to play others who are more at their level without necessarily paying heaps of money just to be competitive. I realise the travel is a problem so eg Sedan v Aldinga, could the league play at a neutral venue eg the old Ashton or Lenswood ovals that are approx half way between the far Northern and Southern teams with one club hosting and running a canteen/bar so make some money and vice versa for the other later. No compulsory promotion or relegation but the premiership team or winner of div 2 club shield could nominate to go up thus the the bottom club in div 1 would always be on notice this could happen, again adding further interest to the comp's.
Country Juniors to be played in one div only meaning what ever teams clubs can field all in the one comp. It would mean a few times not all a clubs teams would play on the same oval but we are already starting to see this any how. May be a few more games in front of a C grade on a friday night may be possible so to make it easier on volunteers, trainers etc.
I know that some of these clubs would not be technically "Hills clubs" but the whole idea is to allow clubs to play to the best level that suits them without necessarily paying out a lot of cash and enable towns to keep their footy teams and not amalgamate and so lose their identity and be a big blow to social culture and bonding that footy clubs bring.
Expansion in the Hills would not radically weaken other leagues with any of the above suggestions, in fact with the SFL would help to improve the competitiveness of their league as well. No reason in the future why clubs could not switch leagues again if they can step up to the challenge and it benefits the club as a whole. Again there needs to be a happy medium for both clubs or leagues. Going down to one div could see a vast gulf between top and bottom clubs open and the need for clubs to spend beyond their means to be competitive. The older members of this board may remember 1983 when the Hills was only a one 15 team comp and big margins occurring between the old Zone 1 and 2 clubs.
Any way leave it to you other posters to discuss the various merits of going either way.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Kersbrook to Barossa
Kangarilla to Southern
Nairne - play Central
Blackwood to Amateurs

12 team Central Div:
Uraidla
Mt Barker
Hahndorf
Onkas
Echunga
Lobethal
Nairne
Bridgewater
Ironbank
TV
McMeadows
Birderacha

Lofty?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby cracka » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

Kersbrook to Barossa
Kangarilla to Southern
Nairne - play Central
Blackwood to Amateurs

12 team Central Div:
Uraidla
Mt Barker
Hahndorf
Onkas
Echunga
Lobethal
Nairne
Bridgewater
Ironbank
TV
McMeadows
Birderacha

Combining into one division - don't do it!

Totally agree. Would prefer to have 2 x 8 team comps than 1 x 14 team comp (you forgot Lofty Legs Man).
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy