HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Champ » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:30 am

chopper7 wrote:Can confirm that both CAREY and LINDSAY both withdrew, they trained once and loved it then both no shows last night. Coach must have got in their ears IMHO. Doesn't matter though the HFL squad is looking very strong indeed.

The last part is just stupid! Not to mention these blokes have never previously been considered good enough to get an invite to the central division squad before but now all of a sudden they're needed...? They jump at the chance and attend training and still get bagged?! Injuries are just that at least their hats were in the ring.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby chopper7 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:37 am

Champ wrote:
chopper7 wrote:Can confirm that both CAREY and LINDSAY both withdrew, they trained once and loved it then both no shows last night. Coach must have got in their ears IMHO. Doesn't matter though the HFL squad is looking very strong indeed.

The last part is just stupid! Not to mention these blokes have never previously been considered good enough to get an invite to the central division squad before but now all of a sudden they're needed...? They jump at the chance and attend training and still get bagged?! Injuries are just that at least their hats were in the ring.

The Hills haven't done an inter league game in 5 or so years Champ, so not sure what central division squad you're talking about mate. Can you tell us their injuries then? Not sure how you know so much when you're stated club is Gawler Central. :?
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Legs Man » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:24 pm

SH*T - knew I would forget some!

OK - I am also resigned to the fact that we are likely in a 9 and 9 team comp situation.

It has been a breath of fresh air for Echunga playing in Central with more people coming to matches and wanting to be involved.

The tyranny of distance kills any hope for junior footy though and must be addressed.

Perhaps we look at geographical areas of 9 teams in each zone?

E.G.

Southern Hills: Lofty, Bridgey, Echunga, Hahndorf, Meadows , Maccy, Kangarilla, Ironbank, Blackwood

Northern Hills: Mt Barker, Nairne, Lobey, TV, Kersbrook, Gumeracha, Birdwood, Onkas, Uraidla

Combined C grade across both zones for overflow and Milang, Sedan, Callington.

This also allows for a "conference" match mid year South V North

Finals will still be top 5 teams in each zone.

You could even have a super GF after between the winners of each zone.

It also dispenses with the relegation system and makes it an overall even comp with relatively easy travel.

Hopefully someone from the league is reading this!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Champ » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:40 pm

chopper7 wrote:
Champ wrote:

The Hills haven't done an inter league game in 5 or so years Champ, so not sure what central division squad you're talking about mate. Can you tell us their injuries then? Not sure how you know so much when you're stated club is Gawler Central. :?

So there has been NO interleague or representative football played or attempted in the last five years in which HFL players were invite to or participated in? Thank you for your compliment, I do know a lot for a Tigers man.

I can tell you their injureies yes but then I'd have to kill you.
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:57 pm

Legs Man wrote:
You could even have a super GF after between the winners of each zone.

So what would be considered the premiership, Grand Final winners in each zone or the Super GF winner?

What are the clubs playing for, a divisional premiership, or to win a game against a team that plays in a different competition after a week of celebrations?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Legs Man » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:08 pm

The super GF is just a thought and probably wouldn't work taking into account GF celebrations.

The real Gf is the northern or southern respectively.

Conference match between each zone would be a highlight during the season i reckon.

This also assists clubs in getting juniors as travel is a real burden with an inground negative mentality between Central and Country currently.

By making it geographical with 9 teams in each we start fresh and can adjust everyones mindset.

The comps would be quite even and all clubs become fairly competitive.

There would also be some great local rivalries with the suggested zones e.g. Bridgey Vs Lofty, Echunga Vs Hahndorf, Uraidla Vs Mt Barker, Kersbrook Vs Gums.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby groovster » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Legs Man wrote:The super GF is just a thought and probably wouldn't work taking into account GF celebrations.

The real Gf is the northern or southern respectively.

Conference match between each zone would be a highlight during the season i reckon.

This also assists clubs in getting juniors as travel is a real burden with an inground negative mentality between Central and Country currently.

By making it geographical with 9 teams in each we start fresh and can adjust everyones mindset.

The comps would be quite even and all clubs become fairly competitive.

There would also be some great local rivalries with the suggested zones e.g. Bridgey Vs Lofty, Echunga Vs Hahndorf, Uraidla Vs Mt Barker, Kersbrook Vs Gums.

Applaud you for thinking outside the square. With due respect Hahndorfs rivalry is Mt Barker and has been for over 100 years. Again it will be an issue no matter what form the new comp takes that some wont be happy...
groovster
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby chopper7 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Champ wrote:
chopper7 wrote:
Champ wrote:

So there has been NO interleague or representative football played or attempted in the last five years in which HFL players were invite to or participated in? Thank you for your compliment, I do know a lot for a Tigers man.

I can tell you their injureies yes but then I'd have to kill you.

There has been NO interleague in the past 5 years, there has however been zone footy which the central div have a bye for hence why those players are nominated. So tell me what interleague or rep footy you have witness in the past. 5 years?
Hahaha mate you're a twit, go troll on the Barossa Forum
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Amateur Footy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:36 pm

Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby The Gimp » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Legs, i see merit in the zones idea but unfortunately you won't be solving the problem we have with the gaps between bottom and top. There's no way the likes of Gum/Birdwood/Kersbook are going to be able to comete against Mt Barker. Same going for Kangarilla v Hahndorf/Blackwood.

I have mentioned quite a few times before I think the HFL also needs to look to the future and see the potential of towns like Nairne that have grown so much more than the smaller towns (which are restricted to internal growth).
My thoughts...
Div 1 - 2 snr teams
Mt Barker
Hahndorf
Onkas
Lobey
Lofty
Ironbank
Uraidla
Echunga

Div 2 - 2 snr teams
Bridgy
Nairne
TV
Kersbrook
Meadows
Birdwood
Maccy
Gum

Div 3 - 1 snr team
Sedan/Cambrai
Milang
Any other "C grade" team
Cornerstone/Littlehampton (to start with until established) -
Houghton??
Callington??
Woodside??

Blackwood to SAAFL
Kangarilla to SFL
Sedan Cambrai to Div 3 or Riverland indys

Colts at U18's, U15's and U13's and all clubs must have 2 of the 3 colts teams to play in div 1 or 2.
Any div 3 teams that want to join div 2 must have 2 senior teams and the 2 out of 3 colts.
Promotion/relegation between div 1 and 2 compulsory for bottom 2 / top 2 based on A grade (not whole club).

Two 8 team divs will reduce the step up from div 1 and 2 and should make the difference between top and bottom much closer.
One Cornerstone/Littlehampton are established with juniors, eventually this will reduce the excess juniors at Mt Barker and Hahndorf.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Legs Man » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:31 pm

Don't mind the idea Gimp as it seems to even things out a bit.

While the central clubs have their immovable 10 team comp firmly in place the league will not move forward.

Also there is no solution that will keep all clubs happy.

After seeing first hand Bridgeys senior side play last week - they would likely finish just in the top 4 in Country.

As an aside - it was very sub standard re facilities at Bridgewater and something they should be ashamed of.

It must cost them heaps in lost revenue and something the league should make them address.

A tin shed as a bar with no selection - and no toilets is unacceptable.

To make matters worse they even ran out of beer!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby WingerFC » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:36 pm

The last part is just stupid! Not to mention these blokes have never previously been considered good enough to get an invite to the central division squad before but now all of a sudden they're needed...? They jump at the chance and attend training and still get bagged?! Injuries are just that at least their hats were in the ring.[/quote]
The Hills haven't done an inter league game in 5 or so years Champ, so not sure what central division squad you're talking about mate. Can you tell us their injuries then? Not sure how you know so much when you're stated club is Gawler Central. :?[/quote]

I can tell you their injureies yes but then I'd have to kill you.[/quote]
There has been NO interleague in the past 5 years, there has however been zone footy which the central div have a bye for hence why those players are nominated. So tell me what interleague or rep footy you have witness in the past. 5 years?
Hahaha mate you're a twit, go troll on the Barossa Forum[/quote]

YESSSS!!!! spewing I can only like that post once Chopper! you wouldnt be surprised how much chump would know considering his involvement @ Echunga.
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby vics01 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:47 pm

What is with Jarman apparently 1. Thinking about pulling the boots on and 2. Wanting to pay Modra 10K for 5 games at Ironbank??
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby the wonder elephant » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:46 pm

vics01 wrote:What is with Jarman apparently 1. Thinking about pulling the boots on and 2. Wanting to pay Modra 10K for 5 games at Ironbank??

Wtf where did you get this mail ?? I am well connected and still havnt heard about this :shock:
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby groovster » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:59 pm

The thought of extra teams eg cornerstone and Littlehampton not even in sight at the moment, and to think excess juniors will go their from Hahndorf and mt barker is just a dream..kids play for clubs that their mates play at, and by reputation of the club. It will take a long time for any additional club to form. Excess jnrs from mt barker will overflow into other nearby towns. If echunga do the right thing continuously by their jnrs they will attract excess, so too could Maccy.
groovster
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby The Gimp » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:32 pm

groovster wrote:The thought of extra teams eg cornerstone and Littlehampton not even in sight at the moment, and to think excess juniors will go their from Hahndorf and mt barker is just a dream..kids play for clubs that their mates play at, and by reputation of the club. It will take a long time for any additional club to form. Excess jnrs from mt barker will overflow into other nearby towns. If echunga do the right thing continuously by their jnrs they will attract excess, so too could Maccy.

Pretty narrow-minded view I think.
I would think that most kids would play footy where their parents take them to start with. Where do all the kids that live in Littlehampton play? There's no doubt some kids move clubs later on as they get older to play with their mates but I doubt this would be more than 20-30%.
I understand that it would take time to build a new club but how long have people been saying that Mt Barker is too big to only have one club? If the league is serious about looking to the future, now is the time to start that new club in Littlehampton/Cornerstone.
You could nearly guarantee that they could field at least a C grade seniors team and I'm almost certain that there would be some parents of kids that live in that area that wouldn't be happy with their kid only getting a game 3 out every 5 weeks.

Time to be open minded I say and give it a crack.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Champ » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:03 pm

YESSSS!!!! spewing I can only like that post once Chopper! you wouldnt be surprised how much chump would know considering his involvement @ Echunga.[/quote]

Lol you blokes got me, I'm burnt and all upset. Off back to the tigers I go; I must've the Midas touch too because we're travelling quite nicely at the minute just like my old boys in your league.
Champ
Under 18s

Postby FairDinkum » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:27 am

There will be no Cornerstone team anytime soon, that would have to get past a school council and senior staff full of supporters and members of local teams, they will never support that idea should it jeopardise their own clubs.
FairDinkum
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby cracka » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:14 pm

the wonder elephant wrote:
vics01 wrote:What is with Jarman apparently 1. Thinking about pulling the boots on and 2. Wanting to pay Modra 10K for 5 games at Ironbank??

Wtf where did you get this mail ?? I am well connected and still havnt heard about this :shock:

A current crows player mentioned it on the rush hour a week or so ago. Didn't mention $10k though so that bit could be b***shit.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:24 pm

Loving all the thinking regarding future HFL. My idea is

HFL Nth
Gum/Kers
Bird/TV
Loby