Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:14 pm

Footy Smart wrote:Stoked that Andrew McLeod has been inducted into the hall of fame, a thoroughly deserved accolade for him. I will forever have the memory of him accepting his norm smiths with tears in his eyes. I wonder if he will ever get into coaching at an AFL level?

Works as part time development with the crows (or maybe the afl)

From memory he does a lot of work up in the apy lands.

Doesn't really seem the type to be a senior coach, doesn't really seem that dominant personality type, but as an assistant or skills he would be gun, and I think he might have done that in the past
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Footy Smart wrote:Stoked that Andrew McLeod has been inducted into the hall of fame, a thoroughly deserved accolade for him. I will forever have the memory of him accepting his norm smiths with tears in his eyes. I wonder if he will ever get into coaching at an AFL level?

Absolute jet in his day and one that would have played well into his 30's if not for a debilitating knee injury. We probably missed out on 2-3 years of McLeod magic when his knee couldn't hold up any more.

IMO, the greatest AFC player since their inception.

Don't forget, he and Mrs.McLeod gave us the "Edwards incident" too. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Easily the greatest player to play for the crows. Only really roo is in the same ballpark. Was really unlucky not to get a brownlow.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Booney wrote:
Don't forget, he and Mrs.McLeod gave us the "Edwards incident" too. :lol:

Haha.

Actually pretty amazing how well they still played with each other on the field given they hated each other off it. Both testament to their professionalism
bennymacca
Coach

Postby the wonder elephant » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:07 pm

bennymacca wrote:Easily the greatest player to play for the crows. Only really roo is in the same ballpark. Was really unlucky not to get a brownlow.

Ben hart says hello .. doesn't get the accolades he deserves single handedly kept us in the 98 gf ... agreed on macca tho derserved a brownlow but im sure he will take the 2 flags and 2 norms instead ! :D
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:10 pm

the wonder elephant wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Easily the greatest player to play for the crows. Only really roo is in the same ballpark. Was really unlucky not to get a brownlow.

Ben hart says hello .. doesn't get the accolades he deserves single handedly kept us in the 98 gf ... agreed on macca tho derserved a brownlow but im sure he will take the 2 flags and 2 norms instead ! :D

I can't agree with Ben Hart.

McLeod, Ruccuito, Edwards all ahead of him, IMO, and the likes of Goodwin and Modra almost shoulder to shoulder with Hart.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Hart was consistently very very good over a very long period of time but he couldn't win you a game off his own boot like McLeod or roo (or Goodwin jarman modra) could
bennymacca
Coach

Postby saintal » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:14 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Works as part time development with the crows (or maybe the afl)

From memory he does a lot of work up in the apy lands.

Doesn't really seem the type to be a senior coach, doesn't really seem that dominant personality type, but as an assistant or skills he would be gun, and I think he might have done that in the past

Isn't he currently coaching the Norwood magoos?

Well deserved HOF inductee, as with Tredrea. Kouta..not so sure.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Maybe, really not sure tbh.

As far as kouta goes it's an interesting one. Surprised he played 278 games. There was a period where he was as dominant and as versatile as goodes at his best. But his form certainly wasn't that consistent.

Two time all Australian and best and fairest winner. Does they automatically get you in these days if you have been a good boy?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:20 pm

And to think he was very close to being traded to Essendon in 2006
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Yeah I read that. Obviously because of the Edwards issue.

Glad he didn't go.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:26 pm

i may be the only one who doesn't know but what actually happened between edward and bungy??? Lleyton Hewitt was involved i'm pretty sure of that
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:35 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:i may be the only one who doesn't know but what actually happened between edward and bungy??? Lleyton Hewitt was involved i'm pretty sure of that

From memory Hewitt and McLeod had a blue over some DVD Hewitt released. McLeod got offended at some vision included without his permission regarding his aboriginal heritage. Edwards and his wife supported Hewitt and it descended from there.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:36 pm

heater31 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:i may be the only one who doesn't know but what actually happened between edward and bungy??? Lleyton Hewitt was involved i'm pretty sure of that

From memory Hewitt and McLeod had a blue over some DVD Hewitt released. McLeod got offended at some vision included without his permission regarding his aboriginal heritage. Edwards and his wife took supported Hewitt and it descended from there.

Yeah that's how I remember it too. Plus a big ol bitch fight between their mrs'
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Fricky » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:04 pm

bennymacca wrote:Maybe, really not sure tbh.

As far as kouta goes it's an interesting one. Surprised he played 278 games. There was a period where he was as dominant and as versatile as goodes at his best. But his form certainly wasn't that consistent.

Two time all Australian and best and fairest winner. Does they automatically get you in these days if you have been a good boy?

McLeod is the Ressie Coach at Norwood and was an Assistant Coach to Bassett in 2012. The was a rumour that Malthouse offered him an assistant coaching role at Carlton. Wouldn't be surprised if he is a head coach one day, although he does a lot with his McLoed Challenge organisation that is run through the Crows.

Great stuff for him to join the HOF.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Coach Bombay » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:39 pm

heater31 wrote:

From memory Hewitt and McLeod had a blue over some DVD Hewitt released. McLeod got offended at some vision included without his permission regarding his aboriginal heritage. Edwards and his wife supported Hewitt and it descended from there.

Pretty lame,

You would assume it's all water under the bridge now.

Remember several times walking past Tedwards old house in the late 90's and seeing McLeod their. They were best mates back then
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Fricky » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:36 pm

bays09 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Pretty lame,

You would assume it's all water under the bridge now.

Remember several times walking past Tedwards old house in the late 90's and seeing McLeod their. They were best mates back then

Having read McLeod's biography, the breaking point was when Edwards had a go at McLeod's wife at a Crows function. Apparently Edwards had a fair crack at her at it was the final straw for McLeod
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:26 am

Darren Jarman is as good a big game player I have seen. Had a shocker in 91 but in 97/98 finals was an absolute machine and single handedly handed Victoria's arse to them on a silver platter in 93 in the SOO final in the wet on the G.

My company's Managing Director who is based in Melbourne says his skills by foot are the best he's ever seen (Mad Collingwood supporter) and said his effort in the 97 gf in the last was the biggest influence on a match by an individual in the games history in terms of the overall result in such a short amount of time.

**** we were lucky with our top 12 around that time. Probably did good to get 2 flags because if we had good depth we should have won more. The top end was out and out class.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:38 am

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:42 am

Triggy should htfu. We haven't been good enough this year, and even worse, we have shown that we can play good footy. I haven't seen any unfounded criticism levelled at the crows
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL