Norwood 7.13 55

West only 23 Inside 50's :shock:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Re: R9 - West v Norwood Post Match

Postby matt35 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:04 pm

Didn't get to hear this game. Norwood seemed to be getting back on track prior to the bye. Still in the mix after this result for sure. West's roler coaster season continues!
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby JK » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:06 pm

Football was the winner
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:53 am

Game was terrible skill wise but happy with our endeavour, thought we had a real crack and if we ever get our forward line sorted I reckon we could still have an impact at the business end of the season.
West were very reluctant to go forward and looked to have no idea once the ball got forward of center, 50-23 Inside 50's tells the true story and I reckon the scoreboard flattered them in the end. Panos was brilliant again tonight, has been a masterstroke by Benny to put him in the middle
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Douglas Mawson » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:08 am

Skills are so far DOWN on what NWD have shown last few years. But effort was up tonight, like the games against the Hybrids and the Power Reserves. Really good crowd for a Richmond Oval night game. I reakon it might have been close to 3000.
Douglas Mawson
Rookie

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:29 am

Douglas Mawson wrote:Skills are so far DOWN on what NWD have shown last few years. But effort was up tonight, like the games against the Hybrids and the Power Reserves. Really good crowd for a Richmond Oval night game. I reakon it might have been close to 3000.

A decent sized turn out of Redlegs fans, felt like a Norwood home game
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:11 am

Douglas Mawson wrote: Really good crowd for a Richmond Oval night game. I reakon it might have been close to 3000.

Poor bastards
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby SimonH » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:14 am

After 9 rounds when everyone's been played, it's pretty clear that Norwood's not a great side taking a long time to get warmed up, but just a middling side. They don't lose to the good sides by that much (biggest loss 7 goals, oddly to Centrals) but don't beat the weaker sides by that much either (biggest win about 5 goals). The good news is that the effort seems to be 100% there (e.g. out-tackled West by a large margin tonight despite having more footy). The bad news is that if bad kicking for goal is bad football, this would be the worst football team that the SANFL has seen for quite a few years.

Even though footy fans were rightly rolling their eyes at the scoreline to ¾ time, Norwood's inside 50 count was of a reasonably attacking side. They just couldn't kick the ball through the damn sticks to save themselves.
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby Spargo » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:10 am

SimonH wrote:Even though footy fans were rightly rolling their eyes at the scoreline to ¾ time, Norwood's inside 50 count was of a reasonably attacking side. They just couldn't kick the ball through the damn sticks to save themselves.

Yet I have a Westies supporter at work this morning, who went to Richmond last night, whining how Norwood played their typical "ultra defensive" shit brand of footy :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5476 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Big Phil » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:57 am

A terrible opening 3 quarters of footy to call, but then how good was the last term for highlights?

Three brilliant moments, for mine, with Brady Dawe's goals (that snap off the right foot was brilliant) and the Anthony Wilson 'Daniel Wells' style goal in the goal square made the night worthwhile, eventually...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Big Phil » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:07 am

Crowd was pretty good, with Norwood supporters out in force, again...

Official number from the SANFL was 3,101

Neil Cross, playing 'crowd lotto' as we like to on RPH, had a stab at the crowd figure and guessed 3,100 !!!

Not a bad effort and, along with the last quarter goals, was one on my highlights from an otherwise pretty dull night !!!
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Scrapboy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:54 am

Spargo wrote:
SimonH wrote:Even though footy fans were rightly rolling their eyes at the scoreline to ¾ time, Norwood's inside 50 count was of a reasonably attacking side. They just couldn't kick the ball through the damn sticks to save themselves.

Yet I have a Westies supporter at work this morning, who went to Richmond last night, whining how Norwood played their typical "ultra defensive" shit brand of footy :lol:

We're getting quite used to hearing those sort of diversion tactics from West supporters after our games... ;)
Scrapboy

Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:41 am

Spargo wrote:

Tell Mickan too stop playing 2 extra defenders behind the ball, bit hard for 4 against 2 most of the night. Especially helpful when Kmac owned Hardy all night, didn't leave much else going forward.
Norwoods inside 50 was good and if they had taken a few more chances early would of opened the game up and forced Mikans hand.
Walked out on the ground and it was very dewy and would of thought made the ball slippery to hold. This backed up by the number of simple dropped marks and poor disposal errors made by both teams. Bottom line poor game to watch for 3 quarters bar some very determined tackling by Norwood. Thankfully a couple of great goals by Wilson and Dawe in the last brought a shining light on the night.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby nwdfanparade » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:54 am

A video clip with some people with suggestions to make football more exciting. Even though the suggestions are for the round ball football, still these suggestions can be implemented for our code. Love the ideas for the goal posts, the nets and the 1/2 time entertainment! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdortXa_DSw
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 148 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:59 pm

Big Phil wrote:Crowd was pretty good, with Norwood supporters out in force, again...

Official number from the SANFL was 3,101

Neil Cross, playing 'crowd lotto' as we like to on RPH, had a stab at the crowd figure and guessed 3,100 !!!

Not a bad effort and, along with the last quarter goals, was one on my highlights from an otherwise pretty dull night !!!

Forgot to count himself.

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby dedja » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:30 pm

:lol:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby passionatelegsfan » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:58 pm

SimonH wrote:After 9 rounds when everyone's been played, it's pretty clear that Norwood's not a great side taking a long time to get warmed up, but just a middling side. They don't lose to the good sides by that much (biggest loss 7 goals, oddly to Centrals) but don't beat the weaker sides by that much either (biggest win about 5 goals). The good news is that the effort seems to be 100% there (e.g. out-tackled West by a large margin tonight despite having more footy). The bad news is that if bad kicking for goal is bad football, this would be the worst football team that the SANFL has seen for quite a few years.

Even though footy fans were rightly rolling their eyes at the scoreline to ¾ time, Norwood's inside 50 count was of a reasonably attacking side. They just couldn't kick the ball through the damn sticks to save themselves.

I couldn't argue Norwood are a great side after round 9 but I haven't given up hope they could be a contender at the end of the year. Call me overly optimistic but it is essentially a new team this year. During the first 9 rounds they had to find themselves after losing so many players and also had a lot of injuries at the start of the year. The point is they are starting to play better. They came within less than a kick of beating the real top team (the eagles) and if they kicked straight on Friday, they would have won comfortably against a middle of the road team. Who knows where they will be after another 9 rounds!. This week will be a big test against an in form team. If they are not competitive I won't hold out much hope they will be a contending team. If they win however they will be right back in it.
passionatelegsfan

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby SDK » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:32 pm

Norwood are a reliable key forward and a strong inside body player away from challenging again.
If we had Matt Suckling or Matt Thomas ( or both ) still with us we would be top 3 right now.
I believe we recruited poorly ( two picks only ) by taking two smaller body types but watch out next year when we can grab a few from out of our zone ( keep looking for us Zorba ! ).
Believe Norwood will threaten in the finals but would need everything to go right to snatch a flag.
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Board index   Football  SANFL