The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby matt35 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:28 pm

Without wanting to digress too much turn this in to a weather forum, all long range forecasts are pointing to a drier than usual Winter, so whilst I'm sure there'll be some average days for Football, perhaps not as many as you might expect.

On the other points above, there's a hell of a lot more chance of kids embracing the SANFL if it has some connection to the AFL clubs than if it has none at all in to the future. We all have to remember and acknowledge that unlike us, a whole generation has now grown up with the AFL and the question we all have to address is how do we reach that generation? Pretending the two Adelaide AFL clubs do not exist sure is not going to bring younger people flocking to SANFL games, rather it will make the competition less and less relevant to the younger generation. It seems to me a far better strategy is to embrace the two AFL clubs, embrace the fact that the SANFL is now exposed by the top rating television station in Adelaide rather than being tucked away on the ABC, and for local clubs to tap in to the increased exposure the competition is getting and work their local areas. To me the alternative is the SANFL becoming a competition that younger people struggle more and more to relate to, certainly not something I want to see, thus my support for the changes implemented this year.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:44 pm

topsywaldron wrote:Love how you can use 44 games as evidence that everything's dandy Matt.

as opposed to you guys using the same 44 games to prove that everything has turned to shit, even when the evidence is that it hasnt?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby RB » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:13 pm

matt35 wrote:Without wanting to digress too much turn this in to a weather forum, all long range forecasts are pointing to a drier than usual Winter, so whilst I'm sure there'll be some average days for Football, perhaps not as many as you might expect.

On the other points above, there's a hell of a lot more chance of kids embracing the SANFL if it has some connection to the AFL clubs than if it has none at all in to the future. We all have to remember and acknowledge that unlike us, a whole generation has now grown up with the AFL and the question we all have to address is how do we reach that generation? Pretending the two Adelaide AFL clubs do not exist sure is not going to bring younger people flocking to SANFL games, rather it will make the competition less and less relevant to the younger generation. It seems to me a far better strategy is to embrace the two AFL clubs, embrace the fact that the SANFL is now exposed by the top rating television station in Adelaide rather than being tucked away on the ABC, and for local clubs to tap in to the increased exposure the competition is getting and work their local areas. To me the alternative is the SANFL becoming a competition that younger people struggle more and more to relate to, certainly not something I want to see, thus my support for the changes implemented this year.
Problem is they're going to migrate their support from the eight sovereign clubs to the two reserves teams.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Its all about INTEGRITY and a level playing field for all clubs.

Yes thats right especially the SANFL clubs.

Why do some of these so called SANFL supporters ??? not see the difference between a AFL team and a SANFL team ????????

Do we live in a society full of sheep and we believe what CEO'S from AFL and SANFL CLUBS and the media SPRUIK ???

Got a mate long time Magpie supporter who i used to go to Alberton with to watch the Maggies but since 97 gave them away to follow the Power.

He has been missing in action for all these years

Guess what out of the blue phones me and says do yah wantt to go to Alberton and see the Magpies on Sunday had to explain to him they are the Power RESERVES and anyway its my BYE and i am not going !!!!

We debate the whole debacle.

He says the AFL sides are great for the competition crowds are up great media coverage the usual spiel.

Told him i will never ever go back to Alberton !!

Yeah right its taken an AFL side thats strung EIGHT wins in a row to get him back to Alberton.

One word.

BANDWAGONER
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:23 pm

matt35 wrote:On the other points above, there's a hell of a lot more chance of kids embracing the SANFL if it has some connection to the AFL clubs.

Only a Crowtard could post something so laughably no clue.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:09 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
matt35 wrote:On the other points above, there's a hell of a lot more chance of kids embracing the SANFL if it has some connection to the AFL clubs.

Only a Crowtard could post something so laughably no clue.

he is right though.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby RB » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:25 pm

If by 'right' you mean 'on drugs'.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:30 pm

No it isn't.

The only continuing advantage is to the two AFL teams who don't have to bear the expense of playing in the VFL.

Their inclusion is not a positive for the eight SANFL clubs, you only need to look at the overall membership figures to confirm this.

If the Criwz and Port teams playing in the SANFL was a nett positive in terms of coverage, standard and finances you would expect this to be reflected in the membership numbers, this is not the case though.

Let's also leave aside the distortion to the crowd figures based on a fluke occurrence of a public holiday and Walker returning, I know this doesn't follow the script for the afl apologists who dare post here.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby mal » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:27 pm

One of the dopiest things about the Adelaide Crows is they play all away games in 2014 [except if they play finals]
That's an unreal disadvantage for them
Next season they need to be given a home ground
Its just a a mockery that Port B grade gets a home ground and Adelaide B grade do not this season
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1141 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby DOC » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:35 pm

No. Next season neither of them have home games, according to the Norwood President who " is going to lead the charge" to make it happen.

Then again he may get the crows home games as well.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby dedja » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:57 pm

Different President, this one's not compromised.

In fact, being a council CEO, the likes of Tripodi and Pickard need to keep him sweet, not the other way around, but they'd be wasting their time as he's as straight as they come.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby kickinit » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:45 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Its all about INTEGRITY and a level playing field for all clubs.

Yes thats right especially the SANFL clubs.

Why do some of these so called SANFL supporters ??? not see the difference between a AFL team and a SANFL team ????????

Do we live in a society full of sheep and we believe what CEO'S from AFL and SANFL CLUBS and the media SPRUIK ???

Got a mate long time Magpie supporter who i used to go to Alberton with to watch the Maggies but since 97 gave them away to follow the Power.

He has been missing in action for all these years

Guess what out of the blue phones me and says do yah wantt to go to Alberton and see the Magpies on Sunday had to explain to him they are the Power RESERVES and anyway its my BYE and i am not going !!!!

We debate the whole debacle.

He says the AFL sides are great for the competition crowds are up great media coverage the usual spiel.

Told him i will never ever go back to Alberton !!

Yeah right its taken an AFL side thats strung EIGHT wins in a row to get him back to Alberton.

One word.

BANDWAGONER

Apache I thought you would of realised by now
1- we don't give a crap what you want to call us
2- You think we care that you don't attend Alberton, in fact I heard the MAGPIES actually had a celebration in you not being there.
3- Bandwagoner how many centrals supporters jump on the bandwagon after that first premiership.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:00 am

bennymacca wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:Love how you can use 44 games as evidence that everything's dandy Matt.

as opposed to you guys using the same 44 games to prove that everything has turned to shit, even when the evidence is that it hasnt?

More fence sitting I see.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:21 am

You call it fence sitting, I call it trying to keep a little balance from all the hyperbole that gets sprouted around here.

It clearly hadn't been the best thing for the comp. But it hasn't been the worst either. If anything it hasn't really added or detracted much at all. Besides the strength of Port Adelaide. Honestly still think that if port were bottom most of you guys would be saying suck shit this is what you wanted, rather than wanting them kicked out.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:30 am

When you float that theory about Port, you forget that we don't want Adelaide in, either. We don't want either side in. We didn't want either side in before this season.

You talk about keeping a little balance from the hyperbole, yet you take little note of those who make cogent arguments against this situation.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:43 am

Airie and others have made great points.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mal » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:22 pm

Benny, Booney, Kicky

Admire your loyalty to the clubs you supPORT in the SANFL
How about we start a :
AFL in SANFL appreciation thread ?
mal
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:53 pm

bennymacca wrote:Airie and others have made great points.

:lol:
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:55 pm

mal wrote:Benny, Booney, Kicky

How about we start a :

Go right ahead.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby mal » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:27 pm

Booney wrote:
mal wrote:Benny, Booney, Kicky

How about we start a :

Go right ahead.

I could would should start this thread
But would need to hire a Private Investigator to unearth enough material to start the thread ;)
mal
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL