HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby always there » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:55 am

Great players can come from not so great competitions. We all know there are great players playing in country. Maybe more country boys put their hand up so they could play a decent level of football. :-)
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby overthehill » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:13 pm

Produce might not be the correct word. Same Miles has played only 8 games of country so i wouldn't say that's where he was produced and also Matt Gardner played all his juniors and first few years of Senior footy in Central division as well. That leaves only Paul James and clearly he is is someone that would easily fit into any Central Division side.
On another note i thought the game i watched yesterday was one of the highest standard games of country football i've ever seen. Full credit to the HFL and RMFL as i thought the game was fantastic and both sides had very strong lists. Looking forward to next years battle
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:41 am

always there wrote:Great players can come from not so great competitions.

Matt Cooper being an example
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby Justquietly » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Kick'n Back wrote:With Hills Country being such a pathetic competition not a bad effort to produce three of the best five players in the interleague game.

As long as Miles didn't hurt himself ;)
Tell me, was there a slight gust?! HFL kicked 7 goals to 1. Then 2 goals to 9, 7 goals to 2 then 2 to 4!
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Hear the roar » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:24 pm

Excellent reading here recently re Country footy problems. Cheers bailey39 for being the sole poster here to mention Milang. I would welcome any discussion as to where punters think we belong in the scheme of things. Where would you put a very solid and consistent C grade side which has players missing out on a game most weeks, yet could not field another grade? Great facilities and oval, new and effective lights, kids everywhere at games.

Over to punters.....
Players win awards. Teams win games. Clubs win Premierships.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Milang

Postby cracka » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:06 pm

Hear the roar wrote:Excellent reading here recently re Country footy problems. Cheers bailey39 for being the sole poster here to mention Milang. I would welcome any discussion as to where punters think we belong in the scheme of things. Where would you put a very solid and consistent C grade side which has players missing out on a game most weeks, yet could not field another grade? Great facilities and oval, new and effective lights, kids everywhere at games.

Over to punters.....

I did too.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby the wonder elephant » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:39 am

Hear the roar wrote:Excellent reading here recently re Country footy problems. Cheers bailey39 for being the sole poster here to mention Milang. I would welcome any discussion as to where punters think we belong in the scheme of things. Where would you put a very solid and consistent C grade side which has players missing out on a game most weeks, yet could not field another grade? Great facilities and oval, new and effective lights, kids everywhere at games.

Over to punters.....

stay in the hills cgrade and keep building jrs with a look towards maybe country junior team entrys as for a second senior side country b grade may be and keep building along those lines with the long term goal to be jrs and 2 senior sides in country div ,..... keep up the good work milang !
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby The Gimp » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:28 am

cracka wrote:

Over to punters.....

I did too.

Yeah maybe read back a bit further HTR....
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby The Gimp » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:33 am

Justquietly wrote:
Kick'n Back wrote:With Hills Country being such a pathetic competition not a bad effort to produce three of the best five players in the interleague game.

As long as Miles didn't hurt himself ;)
Tell me, was there a slight gust?! HFL kicked 7 goals to 1. Then 2 goals to 9, 7 goals to 2 then 2 to 4!

Yeah there was a 3-4gl breeze to one end but to be honest, Hills just came out in the 1st qtr and dominated but then RMFL did the same in the 2nd. There was a definite scoring end but the game seemed to ebb and flow in the 1st half but was a much closer contest in the 2nd half.
Great game to watch.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Hear the roar » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:58 pm

The Gimp wrote:
cracka wrote:

Over to punters.....

I did too.

Yeah maybe read back a bit further HTR....

Total apologies. Just read back and found very constructive discussion re Milang. We live a sheltered life in the Cs site; must get out more :oops:
Players win awards. Teams win games. Clubs win Premierships.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Milang

Postby Yellow & Black » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:28 pm

Read in the Courier that Johnson and Baust are both out for my beloved Tigers, very hard to replace. If Barker get up, we'll likely concede top spot and may not get it back. Haven't seen Barker this year, can anyone give an insight into how have they been travelling, do they look as good as previous campaigns? I'd say this clash is a 50/50. in fact, I'd say all fixtures apart from Uri v Bridgy are a toss of the coin....
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby citycoaster17 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:00 pm

Echunga look to have a couple of pretty good ins. Luke Wilson from Norwood, and Harland back. Couple of very handy footballers right there.
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby FairDinkum » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:39 pm

Yellow and Black, I think Loby has a few out this week, but got some back too, Good luck Steve H all the way from India!
FairDinkum
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Sniper » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:04 pm

Echunga over Hahndorf by 9 gls, Torren$ Valley over Ironbank easy and Onka Valley Bulldogs lose their bite to plummet to the bottom of the HFL A grade ladder.
Sniper
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby overthehill » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:24 am

So the first 9 rounds have drawn to a close and as we all know there will one a club being relegated to Country Division this year as Mt Lofty make there way back into the central division. The question is who will it be? As below Torrens Valley are looking in a bit of trouble at the half way mark but as of a fortnight ago Gary Hughes stood up for the lions in the way of recruiting gun North Adelaide Midfielder Chad O'Sullivan in an attempt to curve the chance of relegation. Will this work and what will it mean for Bridgewater, Echunga and Onka Valley who all stand in the firing line.

Current table as of 16/06/2014
Mt Barker 146
Blackwood 139
Lobethal 122
Uraidla 119
Ironbank 112
Hahndorf 112
Onka Valley 100
Echunga 71
Bridgewater 63
Torrens Valley 51
overthehill
Rookie

Postby groovster » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:11 am

Overthehill you are presuming that there will still be promotion and relegation rules?! Who knows maybe Mt Lofty come in (and Nairne?!) to make a 12 team comp. At this stage I believe that Bridgey, Echunga, Onkas and TV all add something to the Central division..so too would Mt Lofty and Nairne. Bring them in I say..

Sad to see my Magpies go down to Echunga on the weekend, whilst the Magpies had some key personnel out its unlikely it accounted for 9 goals, its no excuse but our young brigade didnt turn it on on the weekend, maybe we need to go out and spend another $1500 a week on a recruit? NOT! We still won 4/5 games...!
groovster
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby cracka » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:45 am

overthehill wrote:So the first 9 rounds have drawn to a close and as we all know there will one a club being relegated to Country Division this year as Mt Lofty make there way back into the central division. The question is who will it be? As below Torrens Valley are looking in a bit of trouble at the half way mark but as of a fortnight ago Gary Hughes stood up for the lions in the way of recruiting gun North Adelaide Midfielder Chad O'Sullivan in an attempt to curve the chance of relegation. Will this work and what will it mean for Bridgewater, Echunga and Onka Valley who all stand in the firing line.

Current table as of 16/06/2014
Mt Barker 146
Blackwood 139
Lobethal 122
Uraidla 119
Ironbank 112
Hahndorf 112
Onka Valley 100
Echunga 71
Bridgewater 63
Torrens Valley 51

How did u get those numbers. Going by my calculations using the formula for a win A=10, B=5, S/C=3 & J/C=2 it should be

Mt Barker 125
Blackwood 119
Uraidla 116
Lobethal 114
Ironbank 94
Hahndorf 87
Onkas 83
Echunga 63
Bridgewater 52
T/Valley 47
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby overthehill » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi Cracka,
then yes it does seem we have a discrepancy.
May understanding is:
A Grade = 10 Points
B Grade = 5 Points
Under 17s = 5 Points
Under 15s = 3 Points
This is based on the club shield as printed in the budget (minus Under 13s of course)
overthehill
Rookie

Postby overthehill » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:10 pm

groovster wrote:Overthehill you are presuming that there will still be promotion and relegation rules?! Who knows maybe Mt Lofty come in (and Nairne?!) to make a 12 team comp. At this stage I believe that Bridgey, Echunga, Onkas and TV all add something to the Central division..so too would Mt Lofty and Nairne. Bring them in I say..

Sad to see my Magpies go down to Echunga on the weekend, whilst the Magpies had some key personnel out its unlikely it accounted for 9 goals, its no excuse but our young brigade didnt turn it on on the weekend, maybe we need to go out and spend another $1500 a week on a recruit? NOT! We still won 4/5 games...!

Groovster, I do not disagree but i don't believe the HFL have the power to make that decision. That would need to be a constitutional change voted by the clubs. In saying that i have no insider knowledge into the HFL
overthehill
Rookie

Postby rock » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:21 pm

NEWS: Have heard a rumour Torrens Valley exceeded their points allocation on the weekend. If true I wonder what action the HFL will take on this. They haven't been seen to be very firm on handing down penalties in recent times.
rock
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy