Worst AFL media person..

Talk on the national game

Re: Worst AFL media person..

Postby Coach Bombay » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:58 pm

Tom rehn and mark Stevens are pretty annoying
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby helicopterking » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:19 pm

helicopterking wrote:Dale Lewis on Triple M today was painful. Yelled as loud as possible on multiple occasions, not easy to listen to at all.

Way to much airtime. Getting to me a lot easier now.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:46 pm

Nathan brown

Just heard him say Stuart crameri was the tallest foward in the bulldogs team last night.

What the **** is he on?!?!

Tom Williams is 1.97 m and lined up at chf last night.

Keeps making oversights
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Once I heard Campbell, Lynch & Shaw doing the dogs/lions game it wasn't hard to switch to the giants/dons clash.
Fair dinkum, they are the bottom of the barrel.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:38 pm

Spargo wrote:Once I heard Campbell, Lynch & Shaw doing the dogs/lions game it wasn't hard to switch to the giants/dons clash.
Fair dinkum, they are the bottom of the barrel.

I was the opposite i had to switch from the Ess/GWS game as i couldnt stand BT. His constant belittling of Richo is not funny any more. Darcy is more suited to calling Netball. Last night was disgraceful in the way he had a go at Richo's selection in the HOF.
A couple of very jealous hack's that will never be in the HOF
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Worst AFL media person..

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:15 pm

I have no idea how the ch7 people let BT get away with paying out Richo every 4 seconds. Do people like watching that? Richo is probably one of the better boundary rider/ colour guys too. You can tell he just wants to tell BT to stfu but cant
Last edited by bennymacca on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Worst AFL media person..

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:15 pm

bennymacca
Coach

Postby Fricky » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:47 pm

BT putting himself right up there as one of the worst media personalities after tonights effort.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:11 am

I think BT is emerging as the worst of the worst
bennymacca
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:13 pm

My perception of BT is that he honestly believes the shit he dribbles is revered like some of the Commetti classics or even Bruce's "special".

If only he would read this site and see that the vast majority of us thinks he is an utter dick. He sounds like he is obsessed with doing his BTisms. Eg. "That's a wow wee moment", footy candy, football factories and his tiresome crap. As for the Richo stuff I'm happy to stand corrected but I know no one that is amused by it.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:46 pm

On the flip side I thought the call of the Essendon v Melbourne game by Dunstall, Johnson and Russell was fantastic and really added to the contest. No bullshit cliches just good analytical calling and genuine excitement for a gripping finish.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:48 pm

wristwatcher wrote:On the flip side I thought the call of the Essendon v Melbourne game by Dunstall, Johnson and Russell was fantastic and really added to the contest. No bullshit cliches just good analytical calling and genuine excitement for a gripping finish.

Were there two sides playing today?
Wouldnt of known it such was their bias towards Melbourne and that cockhead Roos. They were barracking for Melbourne from the start
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:35 pm

Jim05 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:On the flip side I thought the call of the Essendon v Melbourne game by Dunstall, Johnson and Russell was fantastic and really added to the contest. No bullshit cliches just good analytical calling and genuine excitement for a gripping finish.

Wouldnt of known it such was their bias towards Melbourne and that cockhead Roos. They were barracking for Melbourne from the start

Bit of Essendon bias there Jim. They got up and about when DZ kicked the double to snatch back the lead. I thought the call was fair and it was hard not to get a little wrapped up by Melb who have been so shit for so long to come from 33 points down.

I agree there was a Madri gras of love for Roos but as for the call of the game as a neutral I thought it was good. They had to give some credit where it was due.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:40 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Bit of Essendon bias there Jim. They got up and about when DZ kicked the double to snatch back the lead. I thought the call was fair and it was hard not to get a little wrapped up by Melb who have been so shit for so long to come from 33 points down.

I agree there was a Madri gras of love for Roos but as for the call of the game as a neutral I thought it was good. They had to give some credit where it was due.

No bias, my wife hates Essendon and said the same thing. Dunstall in particular was barracking for them since the first bounce.
Only time they got excited was when Zaka kicked those two goals, the rest of the night they were talking up Melbourne, even when they were 5 goals down they kept sprouting crap like Melbourne are taking steps forward and how good Roos game plan is
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby hottie » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:49 pm

When there is a game and one of the teams have been struggling to win games,the commentators always to take the side of the underdog team.BT i did think was a good commentator a few years ago but he does get way too carried away,heard earlier in season that channel 7 want the saturday night team to be funny throughout the game and give BT free reign.The only media people that annoy me are the ones that whinge all the time,Patrick Smith news articles dont read them anymore,Robert Walls when he calling.
hottie
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:29 pm

hottie wrote:When there is a game and one of the teams have been struggling to win games,the commentators always to take the side of the underdog team.BT i did think was a good commentator a few years ago but he does get way too carried away,heard earlier in season that channel 7 want the saturday night team to be funny throughout the game and give BT free reign.The only media people that annoy me are the ones that whinge all the time,Patrick Smith news articles dont read them anymore,Robert Walls when he calling.

I agree with all 5 points in that post even the used to like BT years ago and then he turned to shit and then I met the arrogant pig and now his commentary is ear poison.

Robert Walls would actually make my plane to the sun. Can't stand the bloke.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:29 am

I'm going to say Matthew Richardson - it's been 3 weeks in a row now on Friday night footy that at 3/4 time he has been asked who is going to win and the reply has been along the lines of:

"Still think (insert fav here) will win this, but if (insert underdog) can win more contested ball and have more shots then they can win"

FFS make a call Richo you bloody fence sitter!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:05 am

Well...he is the boundary rider, so he kinda does sit on the fence.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Well...he is the boundary rider, so he kinda does sit on the fence.

lawyered :D
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:35 pm

Not AFL, but...Craig Foster's insistence on calling Socceroos players by their first name drove me batty on Saturday morning.
The only current Socceroo who could remotely be called by his first name is Tim Cahill - I let rip a Timmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy! when he scored.
Our goalie is Ryan, not Mat. Our defender was Davidson, not Jason.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL