Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby vics01 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:14 pm

WATCHDOG
What about the other 16 since round 1? and i'm hearing more ready to jump. Not good for a team that pays good money and has only 1 win

It is 2 wins the SFL have jumped the gun with taking a win away but that is for another time.

Just a quick look at the clearances of 4 clubs in the same time frame

COVE 16
Aldinga 14
BDOS 17
E/Town 15

You, are trying to build a mountain where there is not going to be one
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Moe » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:17 am

Monopoly Man wrote:Isn't current Mannum coach Chris Hall from Hackham? Someone should call him and get him and his pack of stars out of my comp!!! Make it easier for us!

Is this Chris Hall the former South Adelaide player?
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Mister Footy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:19 am

DevilsBreaths06 wrote:The Hackham issue is more about one spoilt little brat thinking he is better than everybody else.. Abuses support staff, abuses umpires costing the team.. Undermines the coach with a view to having his old man take over as coach.. The sooner he goes the better the club will be.. Sure a couple will go but they would not be there next year anyway A lot more will stay because they respect the CLUB and the coach.

Hawks will lose a lot more if the coach goes, more likely the club will fold..

No wonder the Flies did not stop the transfer

He ask the senior group last week who was coming to Aldinga with him....No one moved.

There will be many that will not be surprised by this - over rated and lazy
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Monopoly Man » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:30 am

Moe wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:Isn't current Mannum coach Chris Hall from Hackham? Someone should call him and get him and his pack of stars out of my comp!!! Make it easier for us!

Indeed it is Moe. Still playing occasionally and tearing it up when he does.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Moe » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:06 am

Monopoly Man wrote:
Moe wrote:

Indeed it is Moe. Still playing occasionally and tearing it up when he does.

I have his son playing under 8's in the team I coach, so was just interested.
Cheers MM.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby chopper7 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:03 am

Is the whole interleague concept still well supported in your league? I am involved with the Hills and we had our first IL game in nearly five years on the weekend beating River Murray by 5 points. There was a huge crowd down at the bridge and some serious footy was played, and speaking from Hills people I think the concept was welcomed back with opened arms. This being the case, just want to get a few opinions on here with the old Lovelock Shield all our Leagues were once involved in. How do you think your league would take to the idea of re forming it? I think you'd get a few more guys keen if you actually had something to play for after a solid weekend of good football played. Just thought I'd open it up and see what you guys are thinking
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:29 am

chopper7 wrote:Is the whole interleague concept still well supported in your league? I am involved with the Hills and we had our first IL game in nearly five years on the weekend beating River Murray by 5 points. There was a huge crowd down at the bridge and some serious footy was played, and speaking from Hills people I think the concept was welcomed back with opened arms. This being the case, just want to get a few opinions on here with the old Lovelock Shield all our Leagues were once involved in. How do you think your league would take to the idea of re forming it? I think you'd get a few more guys keen if you actually had something to play for after a solid weekend of good football played. Just thought I'd open it up and see what you guys are thinking

Our league was always keen to retain the Lovelock Shield, it made things easier rather than having to organise a game each year.

The format was always the contention, semis on Saturday with the final on Monday. Two tough games in 3 days is not particularly easy.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby afc9798 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:02 am

Back to the normal home and away this week. Some good games that should be relatively close too.

Brighton v Edwardstown - Brighton by 20 points
Christies Beach v Aldinga - Christies by 150
Happy Valley v Morphett Vale - Vikings by 24
Marion v OSB Lonsdale - Marion by 60
Noarlunga v Port Noarlunga - Game of the round, Noarlunga by 8
Reynella v Cove - Reynella by 40
Morphettville Park v Hackham - Roos by 35
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby mrp2626 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:12 am

Brighton v Edwardstown - Brighton by 24 - a Must win for the boys.
Christies Beach v Aldinga - Christies by 142 - a big oval will mean a lot of goals... I feel sorry for Aldinga here.
Happy Valley v Morphett Vale - Vikings by 5pts - Will be a cracking game! Both side filled with home grown talent. Good to see.
Marion v OSB Lonsdale - Lonsdale by 17 pts
Noarlunga v Port Noarlunga - Pt Noarlunga by 14 - Another great game on display here. will be a VERY interesting result.
Reynella v Cove - Reynella by 27 - Too strong on the home deck.
Morphettville Park v Hackham - Roos by 85 - I think with all the contorversy going on around hackham, it will give the roos a needed victory at the pastie.

Overall some great games in there....The final 8 this yr will be a very competitive one.
mrp2626
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Oldman Munga » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:08 pm

I hear everyone has kissed and made up @ Hackham , Even the Bolly's
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby afc9798 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:35 am

Oldman Munga wrote:I hear everyone has kissed and made up @ Hackham , Even the Bolly's

That's nice. Maybe a round of Kumba Yah around a campfire fixed it all up.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:04 pm

Not a great spectacle out at the pastie today, but a thrilling finish. Low scoring game with the egg and sauce surrendering a 3 goal-ish three quarter time lead to trail by a point with three minutes to spare. A young lad, probably still playing under 18's or under 16's slots through a goal with 1-2 minutes to spare threading it through the gum trees on the north western pocket. Morphies hold on by 4-5 points.

Today's Hackham Football Club obviously does not subscribe to the last 15 years of history of their club. They are young, fit and more discipline than previous incarnations. If they hold the core group and add a few spine players and a solid ruck man they will trouble sides for years to come.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Mister Footy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:15 pm

Bad day at the Valley for our A grade today - out-played, out-classed and out-coached was one description I heard a senior official state tonight
Pity cos it was Heubners 200th A grade game
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:10 am

Now that's what local footy is all about.
Great crowd and atmosphere at the Shoe culminating with ladies day then boxing evening to finish the night.
Also well done to Nick Manhood who presented the best player awards to the Shoe boys at presos due to an earlier bet.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Front & Centre » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:32 am

So what's everyones thoughts on what will happen at the big SFL meeting tonight? Are any of the recommendations going to get up? Personally I think they have missed the mark on many issues and certainly the change of junior grade ages seems unnecessary - if it aint broke why fix it?
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:02 am

Front & Centre wrote:So what's everyones thoughts on what will happen at the big SFL meeting tonight? Are any of the recommendations going to get up? Personally I think they have missed the mark on many issues and certainly the change of junior grade ages seems unnecessary - if it aint broke why fix it?

Just read the agenda with 5 points to be voted?
Now I thought that this was decided by the presidents meeting 2 weeks ago?
My personal opinion is point 5 irrespective of age groups should be non negotiable as this is the cause of many issues within our league.

(4.5 FDC Recommendation (5) THE SATURDAY GRADES A-GRADE , B- GRADE ,U17 AND U15 SHOULD BE MADE COMPULSORY TO FIELD IN ORDER TO AFFILIATE WITH THE SOUTHERN FOOTBALL LEAGUE.)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:55 pm

Front & Centre wrote:So what's everyones thoughts on what will happen at the big SFL meeting tonight? Are any of the recommendations going to get up? Personally I think they have missed the mark on many issues and certainly the change of junior grade ages seems unnecessary - if it aint broke why fix it?

Almost half of clubs do not field a full set of teams in their own right (7/15)
33% of clubs do not field a team in the U/16 comp
33% of clubs do not field a team in the U/14 comp
100% of games played in the U/18 comp this week resulted in the winning team doubling their opponents score or more with the other game a forfeit
Only one game each this week in the U/14 and U/16 comps were decided by a margin less than 6 goals

It is very broken, something needs to be done. The debate is if the proposal goes far enough.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times

Postby Front & Centre » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:25 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

100% of games played in the U/18 comp this week resulted in the winning team doubling their opponents score or more with the other game a forfeit
Only one game each this week in the U/14 and U/16 comps were decided by a margin less than 6 goals

It is very broken, something needs to be done. The debate is if the proposal goes far enough.

Agree that there are some huge issues but will changing U14s, U16s, U18s to U15s and U17s and pushing kids up to seniors a year earlier really help? In the words of a red headed politician "please explain"
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

Hi LGL are these figures based on Sat as it should be? As I recall Sun was and should be overflow of Sat comp!
If this is the case and you must fill Sat before Sun you watch them find players.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby sweendog » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:17 pm

WELL LOOKS LIKE SHOES NEED TO FIND ANOTHER COMP SHOEBOY AS YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR OWN U18 TEAM OUTRIGHT....SEEYA LATER OFF TO THE GSFL YOU GO
oh when the saints go marching in
sweendog
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL