HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Legs Man » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:43 pm

If TV have exceeded they should lose all shield points for that round as a minimum.

Agreed also that a 12 team comp is the solution.

Echunga on a bit of a roll at the moment - with a real understanding of where they are at this weekend vs Uraidla.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Champ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:50 pm

Legs Man wrote:If TV have exceeded they should lose all shield points for that round as a minimum.

Agreed also that a 12 team comp is the solution.

Echunga on a bit of a roll at the moment - with a real understanding of where they are at this weekend vs Uraidla.

Be careful with adding numbers to the league, don't want to end up like the SFL who used to be a two division comp when I was involved.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Champ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:54 pm

rock wrote:NEWS: Have heard a rumour Torrens Valley exceeded their points allocation on the weekend. If true I wonder what action the HFL will take on this. They haven't been seen to be very firm on handing down penalties in recent times.

Anyone care to add their points players up on here? O'Sullivan = 4 so how many points do they have left?
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Legs Man » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:56 pm

doesn't CO = 2500 $$$points?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Afterthesiren » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Champ wrote:
rock wrote:NEWS: Have heard a rumour Torrens Valley exceeded their points allocation on the weekend. If true I wonder what action the HFL will take on this. They haven't been seen to be very firm on handing down penalties in recent times.

Anyone care to add their points players up on here? O'Sullivan = 4 so how many points do they have left?

They were allocated 15 points at the start of the season.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Mop Up » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:13 pm

overthehill wrote:So the first 9 rounds have drawn to a close and as we all know there will one a club being relegated to Country Division this year as Mt Lofty make there way back into the central division. The question is who will it be? As below Torrens Valley are looking in a bit of trouble at the half way mark but as of a fortnight ago Gary Hughes stood up for the lions in the way of recruiting gun North Adelaide Midfielder Chad O'Sullivan in an attempt to curve the chance of relegation. Will this work and what will it mean for Bridgewater, Echunga and Onka Valley who all stand in the firing line.

Current table as of 16/06/2014
Mt Barker 146
Blackwood 139
Lobethal 122
Uraidla 119
Ironbank 112
Hahndorf 112
Onka Valley 100
Echunga 71
Bridgewater 63
Torrens Valley 51

Ironbank the only club with all grades in the Top 5 at the half way point and their C Grade is on top undefeaated. Pretty sure that is a first for us!
Fingers crossed it can stay like that till end of the year.
Mop Up
League - Best 21

Postby Afterthesiren » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:
Champ wrote:

They were allocated 15 points at the start of the season.

Word has it that when some bloke called Sam Jordan is available to play with his brother (form wherever his from) then Torrens Valley get defaulted to 18 points. WHAT A JOKE. Not sure if this was rubber stamped by the Community Football Board but I very much doubt it.
So Torrens Valley have more points than those teams that finished below them last year being Blackwood, Bridgewater and Mt Lofty (since relegated).
Not sure the other clubs had an opportunity to voice their opinions on this. Well done HFL... another great decision.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Legs Man » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:09 pm

You have to be kidding!!!

I reckon Echunga only has 13 points and they have just come up.

if TV has 18 points - in fact - if they have 15 - more than the other clubs stated prior this is a disgrace.

HFL needs a big kick up the backside again for their biased and inept handling of TV.

One only has to look at the Birdwood scenario when TV were coming into Central and the way they caved in to TV's money man.

When are they going to be made accountable for the relentless stream of bad decisions.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby jumbo20 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:10 pm

What a joke, surely if they wanted to play another 3 pointer then they should have sat 3 x 17s players on the bench, or if this lad is so important leave out another points player as other clubs had to do in previous years.

Seems extremely unfair or do we have a new rule for all where brothers can come and gratis points are allocated?
jumbo20
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Legs Man » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:57 pm

OK - Echunga can obviously see who in our side has a brother that is handy at no loss of points.

HFL sets a precedent and should make this option available to all sides.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby rock » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:15 pm

Looks like Ironbank can call on the services of Shannon Motlop now.
How dumb are the HFL board members to allow this. Were the other clubs even aware this decision was made? What a joke.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Kick'n Back » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:10 pm

Legs Man wrote:You have to be kidding!!!

if TV has 18 points - in fact - if they have 15 - more than the other clubs stated prior this is a disgrace.

HFL needs a big kick up the backside again for their biased and inept handling of TV.

One only has to look at the Birdwood scenario when TV were coming into Central and the way they caved in to TV's money man.

When are they going to be made accountable for the relentless stream of bad decisions.

It was ok last year Legs Man when Echunga were allocated extra points for one player. Short memory mate.
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby Champ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Kick'n Back wrote:
Legs Man wrote:You have to be kidding!!!

It was ok last year Legs Man when Echunga were allocated extra points for one player. Short memory mate.

Lol, I posted about this last year. That was a decision made in the pre-season to allow a kid who missed out on playing senior colts by a month to have a shot at playing A's after coming off a broken leg in his last senior colt season - he was made two points, refused a junior permit and told if he played A's his 2points would be waved but not transferred. At the last AGM I believe this was an avanue posted on here that all clubs squashed for season 2014? None-the less very similar case indeed legs man
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Legs Man » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:52 pm

Echunga only had 13 to start though last year.

it was also extreme circumstances and not setting a precedent.

I believe in fair play but it seems that the goalposts are a moving beast with the current HFL hierarchy .

It presents a confusion for most supporters and that seems to be the oval the league plays on.

This is fairly apparent when you have a shield ranking in the HFL run budget that doesn't represent the actual amount their decision is based upon.

I understand they are volunteers but seem to have a limited direction or ability to make the tough calls.

We all want the HFL to succeed and showcase the game so it seems blatantly obvious that things must change.

How this occurs is up to the clubs - but they have to be unselfish and core football driven.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby youngpace » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:59 pm

overthehill wrote:
groovster wrote:Overthehill you are presuming that there will still be promotion and relegation rules?! Who knows maybe Mt Lofty come in (and Nairne?!) to make a 12 team comp. At this stage I believe that [b]Bridgey, Echunga, Onkas and TV all add something to the Central division..so too would Mt Lofty and Nairne. Bring them in I say..[/b]

Sad to see my Magpies go down to Echunga on the weekend, whilst the Magpies had some key personnel out its unlikely it accounted for 9 goals, its no excuse but our young brigade didnt turn it on on the weekend, maybe we need to go out and spend another $1500 a week on a recruit? NOT! We still won 4/5 games...!

Groovster, I do not disagree but i don't believe the HFL have the power to make that decision. That would need to be a constitutional change voted by the clubs. In saying that i have no insider knowledge into the HFL

Yes all of these clubs have the potential to or already add something to central. But moving to a 12 team comp may not work in the long term. A crystal ball, if we had one, may show the same issue we now have in country (a massive gap in competitiveness) eventuating in Central in years to come, should the change to a 12 team be made.

It would almost surely see the end of the country div. I for one believe that the long term fix to our league doesn't lie in a change to the Central Division, but in the improvement of the Country Division. Which will only improve Central, were as the same can not be said for Counrty if we are to improve Central now.
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby youngpace » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:12 pm

Legs Man wrote:Echunga only had 13 to start though last year.

it was also extreme circumstances and not setting a precedent.

I believe in fair play but it seems that the goalposts are a moving beast with the current HFL hierarchy .

It presents a confusion for most supporters and that seems to be the oval the league plays on.

This is fairly apparent when you have a shield ranking in the HFL run budget that doesn't represent the actual amount their decision is based upon.

I understand they are volunteers but seem to have a limited direction or ability to make the tough calls.

We all want the HFL to succeed and showcase the game so it seems blatantly obvious that things must change.

How this occurs is up to the clubs - but they have to be unselfish and core football driven.

The reality is that the Hills Football league (as with many other leagues) is now, by definition, a Semi- Professional sporting organization. The HFL board comes under such scrutiny by the greater population, however to my understanding it is yet to progress to the level professionalism that some if not all clubs have.

When saying professional I am referring to being payed to do something. Maybe the change the league needs is a more professional approach at League level. And the only way I see that being possible is if the Clubs themselves are to fund such a professional approach.!? Outlandish I know. This could create and independent approach to league organization.

The next problem however, was this fairytale to ever come true, would be finding such a professional. Quiet the unique job description...
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby groovster » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:33 pm

youngpace wrote:
overthehill wrote:
groovster wrote:Overthehill you are presuming that there will still be promotion and relegation rules?! Who knows maybe Mt Lofty come in (and Nairne?!) to make a 12 team comp. At this stage I believe that [b]Bridgey, Echunga, Onkas and TV all add something to the Central division..so too would Mt Lofty and Nairne. Bring them in I say..[/b]

Sad to see my Magpies go down to Echunga on the weekend, whilst the Magpies had some key personnel out its unlikely it accounted for 9 goals, its no excuse but our young brigade didnt turn it on on the weekend, maybe we need to go out and spend another $1500 a week on a recruit? NOT! We still won 4/5 games...!

Groovster, I do not disagree but i don't believe the HFL have the power to make that decision. That would need to be a constitutional change voted by the clubs. In saying that i have no insider knowledge into the HFL

Yes all of these clubs have the potential to or already add something to central. But moving to a 12 team comp may not work in the long term. A crystal ball, if we had one, may show the same issue we now have in country (a massive gap in competitiveness) eventuating in Central in years to come, should the change to a 12 team be made.

It would almost surely see the end of the country div. I for one believe that the long term fix to our league doesn't lie in a change to the Central Division, but in the improvement of the Country Division. Which will only improve Central, were as the same can not be said for Counrty if we are to improve Central now.

Suggestion then is what? How can you improve country div? We need to attempt to bring clubs up to a common level not prejudice clubs for the success they have in bringing them 'back down' to a common level.

Unfortunately this just isn't going to happen. Satellite towns outside of the major populated areas are/will continue to struggle. This isn't just evident in sport but in all types of services including health, education, etc etc.

For country to survive they need to either merge and become stronger with their geo spread or maintain status who and have their own league which caters for them. Maybe the HFL Central becomes a different league vs HFL Country which is I dependant ( ie riverland).

Agree that HFL should become paid professional it clearly lacks business and common sense. The cost should be subsidised by SANFL, afl and Central clubs.

The power to change all this is with our clubs own committees..we need to voice our opinions to our resoective club presidents etc so that change happens.
groovster
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Afterthesiren » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:46 pm

Who plays Torrens Valley this weekend? I wonder if they will be questioning the excessive points they are playing with.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Legs Man » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:24 pm

Anyone give Echunga a chance against Uraidla?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby groovster » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:56 pm

Legs Man wrote:Anyone give Echunga a chance against Uraidla?

Sorry but no. Uraidla are well drilled and far more experienced. BUT never say never. It would be great for the comp (and Echunga) to get over the line. Good luck. I am hoping the Maggies bounce back and roll Ironbank at Pine Ave, which will unbelievably see them grab 5th spot. Anyone give us a chance?!
groovster
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy