Re: Rnd 10 - Port v Eagles- Post game

Postby RustyCage » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:38 pm

I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:41 pm

Is there any footage of the incident around anywhere?
RustyCage

Postby DOC » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Why do the Eagles wear purple socks?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby DOC » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Good photo's. How far from the action were you?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Big Phil » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:36 pm

RustyCage wrote:Is there any footage of the incident around anywhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo0dgehZwQY

Watch from about the 15:40 mark...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:49 pm

Big Phil wrote:

Thanks Big Phil. I thought it was more side on than it was as I took the photo just as Kane turned his body slightly making it more front on, I take my earlier comments back
RustyCage

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:44 am

A guy on the fence reminds me if someone in that Armish Mafia show!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:08 am

RustyCage wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Thanks Big Phil. I thought it was more side on than it was as I took the photo just as Kane turned his body slightly making it more front on, I take my earlier comments back

Flynn did plenty of things right, like going low, tucking the arm in, his technique was pretty good.

Having said that, he clearly got Kane high and it deserved some weeks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby JK » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:17 am

Booney wrote:
RustyCage wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Flynn did plenty of things right, like going low, tucking the arm in, his technique was pretty good.

Only thing he did wrong was look away just prior to impact. Unfortunately in that time Kane turned inward a bit and bang, high contact. Whilst he intentionally collided with him, I wouldn't say he intentionally took him high.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:33 am

matt35 wrote:No, there was a Port Adelaide Football club playing as the Magpies, just as there is in 2014. *yawns*

Let's try again *sigh*
The Port Adelaide Football Club running around the AFL is known as the Port Adelaide Power.
The Port Adelaide, formerly known as the Port Adelaide Magpies, that was running around in the SANFL until last year no longer exists.
The team currently running around in the SANFL is the Port Adelaide Power Reserves.
They are the Port Adelaide Power Reserves because the majority of their players are listed with the AFL club the Port Adelaide Power.
These players are not quite good enough or are in the process of rehabilitation and therefore must play for the Port Adelaide Power 2nd string. Also known as a Reserve side, which is a common term known throughout many sports.
Except of course to a few deluded people that stubbornly refuse to accept that their beloved Port Adelaide Magpies no longer exists.

Port Adelaide Power can try to badge their reserve team however they like but the fact of the matter is that the independent SANFL club known as the Port Adelaide Magpies no longer exists.

The sooner you guys can accept that fact the sooner we can all move on and focus our despise on the Port Adelaide Power Reserves. And remember, it isn't our fault that the AFL club Port Adelaide Power decided they didn't want to retain an independent SANFL side and opted to get rid of the Port Adelaide Magpies in favour of their own Port Adelaide Power Reserve side.

If anything, if I was a Port Adelaide Magpies fan, I'd be as pissed off as all the other SANFL fans at what has happened by allowing Reserve teams into our league.

Alternatively you can always deny, deny, deny
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:21 am

johntheclaret wrote:
matt35 wrote:No, there was a Port Adelaide Football club playing as the Magpies, just as there is in 2014. *yawns*

Let's try again *sigh*
The Port Adelaide Football Club running around the AFL is known as the Port Adelaide Power.
The Port Adelaide, formerly known as the Port Adelaide Magpies, that was running around in the SANFL until last year no longer exists.
The team currently running around in the SANFL is the Port Adelaide Power Reserves.
They are the Port Adelaide Power Reserves because the majority of their players are listed with the AFL club the Port Adelaide Power.
These players are not quite good enough or are in the process of rehabilitation and therefore must play for the Port Adelaide Power 2nd string. Also known as a Reserve side, which is a common term known throughout many sports.
Except of course to a few deluded people that stubbornly refuse to accept that their beloved Port Adelaide Magpies no longer exists.

Port Adelaide Power can try to badge their reserve team however they like but the fact of the matter is that the independent SANFL club known as the Port Adelaide Magpies no longer exists.

The sooner you guys can accept that fact the sooner we can all move on and focus our despise on the Port Adelaide Power Reserves. And remember, it isn't our fault that the AFL club Port Adelaide Power decided they didn't want to retain an independent SANFL side and opted to get rid of the Port Adelaide Magpies in favour of their own Port Adelaide Power Reserve side.

If anything, if I was a Port Adelaide Magpies fan, I'd be as pissed off as all the other SANFL fans at what has happened by allowing Reserve teams into our league.

I'd say the sooner YOU LOT MOVE ON will be a more pivotal moment.

The irony is you try to make matt35 look like some sort of idiot with your explanation.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rising Power » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:30 am

johntheclaret wrote:

Let's try again *sigh*

So will you and your club lobby the SANFL to allow Port to keep the development zones and junior systems so it can continue just as it always had? And please have the mini-draft reinstated but with only Port Adelaide and Adelaide participating as the other clubs want to concentrate on developing their own players without the inconvenience of having AFL players coming and going every week. And then everyone lives happily ever after.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby RB » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:58 pm

Rising Power wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

Let's try again *sigh*

So will you and your club lobby the SANFL to allow Port to keep the development zones and junior systems so it can continue just as it always had?
To continue as it always did it would need to become a sovereign team again, i.e. not a reserves team subservient to an AFL team. If that happened, i.e. they reverted to the system of 1870-2013, which is phenomenally unlikely, then yes, I would support it having a zone like every other team. (Can't speak for Sellout Slaven.)

The key factor here for me is equality throughout all teams.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Aerie » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:45 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:Flynn did plenty of things right, like going low, tucking the arm in, his technique was pretty good.

Only thing he did wrong was look away just prior to impact. Unfortunately in that time Kane turned inward a bit and bang, high contact. Whilst he intentionally collided with him, I wouldn't say he intentionally took him high.

Two idiotic comments. That was as dangerous as it gets on a football field, collecting someone when they have their head over the ball. Doesn't matter the technique. The fact is he lined him up from a long way and that type of collision is what causes someone to become a paraplegic.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:01 pm

Aerie wrote:
JK wrote:
Booney wrote:Flynn did plenty of things right, like going low, tucking the arm in, his technique was pretty good.

Two idiotic comments. That was as dangerous as it gets on a football field, collecting someone when they have their head over the ball. Doesn't matter the technique. The fact is he lined him up from a long way and that type of collision is what causes someone to become a paraplegic.

You could of course clothesline someone who has eyes for the ball.....that's pretty dangerous too.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:10 pm

Aerie wrote:
JK wrote:

Calm the farm princess. Never said it wasn't a dangerous result, and never would, the head (and neck) should rightly be sacrosanct. Lining someone up isn't a problem if you hit side by side, that's just a small thing called a "bump", which may well have been his intention. Regardless of what his intention may or may not have been, he's responsible for collecting Kane high and can consider himself super lucky to only face 2 weeks on the sideline.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby SANFLnut » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:12 pm

I think Flynn & Clinch incidents were assessed by the tribunal as being worth a similar number of points before the good/bad record adjustment was applied. Clinch can't argue that he has a bad record, Flynn is lucky to get credit gor a good one if he gets suspended inside his first 10 games. Should have to play 50 games of juniors/reserves/seniors before you qualify for a discount - should just be neutral until then.
SANFLnut
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby RB » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Booney wrote:
Aerie wrote:
JK wrote:

You could of course clothesline someone who has eyes for the ball.....that's pretty dangerous too.
Yes, but not really relevant here...
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:36 pm

Booney wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

Let's try again *sigh*

The irony is you try to make matt35 look like some sort of idiot with your explanation.

As you once said to me Boon- you wont get anywhere talking sense like that in here mate.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Booney wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

Let's try again *sigh*

I think that you will find "us lot" have already moved on from the "PAM does not exist anymore" debate, which isn't really a debate at all, and it is the usual few Port supporters who don't seem able to move on.

The reality is the old PAM is no more. Getting the Power Reserve team to run around in the famous Prison Bar Guernsey and call them the Magpies is purely an attempt by PP to retain the PAM supporter base.

This clearly hasn't happened judging by the fall in crowds this year as many PAM supporters, who are not necessarily also PP supporters, stay away.
Port Adelaide were the greatest football club in SANFL history. They won more premiership, broke more records and had more fans (probably because they won more flags, every one likes a winner ), than any other club. I'd actually go as far as saying it is the ultimate insult to all genuine PAM supporters and the SANFL itself, for PP to use the once great name and colours of PAM in the way they are doing. Many SANFL PAM supporters obviously feel the same.

Now if you're referring to the "No AFL Reserves in the SANFL" debate, then I don't think you or anyone else has the right to say "move on".
Most SANFL supporters don't want AFL Reserves playing in the SANFL. You can roll out that old "you voted for it" line but you know very well most clubs voted yes despite the protestations from their fans.

If you are a PAFC fan then maybe what is happening to the SANFL isn't of much relevance, and therefore you can't understand what all the fuss is about. I suspect 90% of Port Power fans have no interest in the SANFL and never have had, especially those under 25, it doesn't make it any less relevant to the genuine SANFL supporters.

As for trying to make Matt look like an idiot. From his post *yawn* , it was clear he hadn't grasped the reality and when people seem to struggle grasping something then it seems logical to break it down and explain it in the simplest way. It usually works for most.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL