HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby rock » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:19 pm

So is this the Mummy and Daddy clause that Torrens Valley have used just so the brothers can play together. And your telling me the HFL bought it, wow. This is funny, dumb and completely irresponsible all at the same time.
rock
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:22 pm

if there is a clause about bringing in brothers i am going to recommend hahndorf go after nathan ablett
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby youngpace » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:16 pm

citycoaster17 wrote:Yes all of these clubs have the potential to or already add something to central. But moving to a 12 team comp may not work in the long term. A crystal ball, if we had one, may show the same issue we now have in country (a massive gap in competitiveness) eventuating in Central in years to come, should the change to a 12 team be made.

It would almost surely see the end of the country div. I for one believe that the long term fix to our league doesn't lie in a change to the Central Division, but in the improvement of the Country Division. Which will only improve Central, were as the same can not be said for Counrty if we are to improve Central now.

Suggestion then is what? How can you improve country div? We need to attempt to bring clubs up to a common level not prejudice clubs for the success they have in bringing them 'back down' to a common level.

Unfortunately this just isn't going to happen. Satellite towns outside of the major populated areas are/will continue to struggle. This isn't just evident in sport but in all types of services including health, education, etc etc.

For country to survive they need to either merge and become stronger with their geo spread or maintain status who and have their own league which caters for them. Maybe the HFL Central becomes a different league vs HFL Country which is I dependant ( ie riverland).

Agree that HFL should become paid professional it clearly lacks business and common sense. The cost should be subsidised by SANFL, afl and Central clubs.

The power to change all this is with our clubs own committees..we need to voice our opinions to our resoective club presidents etc so that change happens.[/quote]

I have been failing to find a solution in my mind for some time. I am not suggesting bringing sides back or lowering the standard at all. But perhaps the successful clubs can find a way to help the struggling clubs to rise to the level, rather then cast them aside.

In the past there has been a suggestion thrown around, of the restriction of Junior rego numbers for each club. This should result in the over flow moving to near by or maybe (in the crunch) not so near by country clubs to get a game of footy. If these clubs receiving the new junior inflow do the right thing and nurture these juniors and there potential this should in the future see them rise back to competitiveness. Both at a Senior and junior level. As much as the Country division's seniors competitiveness is not idea, the real frightening issue is the lack of junior teams competing.[/quote]

Wow, that would open up a whole new can of worms. Lets say Mt Barker get 35 kids out for training at the start of the year for under 13's, they are only allowed to utilise say 30. What is the club and coach going to do? Sorry bud, I know you have been playing here for a couple of years now, but we have a heap of really good players that have turned up this year, you are going to have to go else where. What is that kid going to do? Never play football again is my guess.[/quote]

It would certainly stir a few things (and people up).

That is one possibility. Or the Mount barker (to stay with ur example) have the option to retain the player who has been playing for them for some time and send the new and talented player else where. This would also help greatly to balance the equality of junior footy.

Any one else able to through a few ideas about on how to improve the country standard both short and long term?
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Windbag » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Many years ago Lobethal provided the "top up" for Mount Torrens, plenty of famous Lobethal names played at Mt Torrens because the comp (Div 2) was a little more relaxed and/or they couldn't get a game with Loby. It was very sad to see some of those guys go and some (and their children) never came back to us. The comp and the community was a bit different then and money wasn't the big deal it is now.
Windbag
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Lobethal

Postby FairDinkum » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:35 pm

thats interesting Windbag, but also means you must be an old fart?
FairDinkum
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Windbag » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:37 pm

mmm, ok, Fairdinkum, you'll keep
Windbag
Mini-League

Postby Afterthesiren » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:30 pm

lovethefooty wrote:if there is a clause about bringing in brothers i am going to recommend hahndorf go after nathan ablett

Good idea. I also just found out Sedan are playing with only 3 more points than Torrens Valley. Now that doesn't seem quite right does it.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Legs Man » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:24 pm

I feel that the points system / allocation must be derived for each division: Central / Country separately.

This would mean that the side coming in and the sides not playing finals from the previous year start on the same points within each division e.g. 15pts.

The HFL has really stuffed this up from what I can see.

How can a side from Country start with less points than a side currently in Central - when they are coming up to the higher division?

Is it possible for anyone to shed some light on this?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby jumbo20 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Ask the HFL that one.Again why can't all clubs have 15 points and that is the end of it
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby always there » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:05 pm

So Bridgewater supporters had a great day out today at Lobethal not only did they win but the gazebos were set up beautifully with there own supply of cartons and alcohol. And didn't even try to hide the fact. Who is responsible for policing the no alcohol in the ground policy. And how about supporting each other's facility. Won't be buying at Bridgewater again lucky Coles is near by for supplies.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby PussInBoots » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Best of luck buying your alcohol from Coles
PussInBoots
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:14 pm

always there wrote:So Bridgewater supporters had a great day out today at Lobethal not only did they win but the gazebos were set up beautifully with there own supply of cartons and alcohol. And didn't even try to hide the fact. Who is responsible for policing the no alcohol in the ground policy. And how about supporting each other's facility. Won't be buying at Bridgewater again lucky Coles is near by for supplies.

If it makes you feel any better, I can confirm that after the Bridgewater vs Lobethal game in Round 1, we found scores of pre-mix bottles and cans (that aren't sold at our bar) under the seats where the Lobey B-graders sit.

Unfortunately, no club can take the high moral ground with this issue.

...always a good day at the footy though when 9th beats 1st !!
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Windbag » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:07 pm

9th, bloody hell I didn't realise you were so far down the ladder, jeez, well done, we did not play well. Glad you won't be playing finals.
Windbag
Mini-League

Postby always there » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:00 am

I did not say I was going to coles to buy alcohol that would contradict my point that I was making re alcohol being brought in, but I could get some food there couldn't i? And no Elmer did not make me feel better just don't understand rules that are there and not reinforced. Everyone knows it happens but seriously they might as well have had a bar set up they had that much.
Oh and yes well done on the win Lobethal did not play well and Bridgewater were better yesterday. Will we play Bridgewater again this year? NO don't think so. Hard to make finals from 9th...
always there
Rookie

Postby has been » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:11 pm

Any Echunga or Lobey supporters out there today ? Looks like a Uraidla v Barker granny again. Echunga actually got a huge wake up call yesterday. Smashed is the word I would use. Lobey clearly also not as good as they think they are.
has been
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby always there » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:29 pm

has been wrote:Any Echunga or Lobey supporters out there today ? Looks like a Uraidla v Barker granny again. Echunga actually got a huge wake up call yesterday. Smashed is the word I would use. Lobey clearly also not as good as they think they are.

Lobethal have a couple of loses and you write them off, big call has been and I wouldn't write off echunga just yet either. Uraidla are clearly the team to beat. Oh and Lobethal know their challenges and are not pretending they are anything other Than a hard working group of talented young lads playing good footy this year and under no illusions of how hard it is going to be going forward from here..
always there
Rookie

Postby The Panther » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:43 pm

I think Echunga would be reasonably happy with their A grade this year , the B grade :oops: . I see a couple junior wins yesterday as well :D
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby chopper7 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:50 pm

has been wrote:Any Echunga or Lobey supporters out there today ? Looks like a Uraidla v Barker granny again. Echunga actually got a huge wake up call yesterday. Smashed is the word I would use. Lobey clearly also not as good as they think they are.

I hope both of these sides make you eat your words you knucklehead. Lobethal have 7 first choice A graders out and were terrible yesterday and got beaten by a confident Raiders outfit. Echunga obviously got beaten by a very good Uri side, don't write them off.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby FairDinkum » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Watched Lobethal yesterday, and true we have some players out but we didn't play well at all. Snake Jenkin worked his backside off and Luke Nitschke is the hardest man in the league, I'm also a little baffled on the some of the other best players, because we burnt the ball again and again. I'm sure we will come back, I could almost guarantee we will play better against Uri's at Uraidla and as already stated don't write us off ! Meanwhile I was tempted to purchase a beer and get some food at the Bridgey canteen at Lobethal oval, but t didn't look right without the usual army style classy tent.
FairDinkum
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Rubber Chest » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:55 pm

FairDinkum wrote:Watched Lobethal yesterday, and true we have some players out but we didn't play well at all. Snake Jenkin worked his backside off and Luke Nitschke is the hardest man in the league, I'm also a little baffled on the some of the other best players, because we burnt the ball again and again. I'm sure we will come back, I could almost guarantee we will play better against Uri's at Uraidla and as already stated don't write us off ! Meanwhile I was tempted to purchase a beer and get some food at the Bridgey canteen at Lobethal oval, but t didn't look right without the usual army style classy tent.

Hardest man in the league.......... have you seen Tim Martin and Wade Mclean play from Uraidla.
After watching many lobey games this year I think Jenkin wins more hardball then Luke.
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Callington

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy