Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Please tell me what drugs are you on

Duromine! :lol:

LoL Nah must be a new super duper deleterious halucogenic mind altering mind blowing SHIT !!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:Interpretation: Whoops, I actually agreed with him making myself and those with similar beliefs look extremely stupid and wrong in the process! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't agree with anything you said. I'm not the one continuing to clutch straws because I'm jealous of a footy club.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Re your comment highlighted in bold

Please tell me what drugs are you on or is it that you are young and stupid !

I will give you a history lesson on the SANFL.

For your info between 1990 and 2013 all SANFL clubs played under the same rules thats right even the Magpies it was a level playing field for all teams

All NINE clubs had a spattering of AFL players including the Magpies who also won premierships do you understand this ???

During that same period

Port Adelaide has won 7 premierships
Central District 9 premierships
Woodville W/T 3 premierships
Norwood
Sturt

etc etc

So are you telling me that the flags my club and your club and all the other clubs have won were by AFL reserves sides and are worth nothing are you serious ???

The only RESERVES are in the competition as of NOW 2014

Thats right the Power and Crows AFL RESERVES SIDES .

I am sorry to say but really do not have a CLUE !!!!!

Hey I'm just going by what your saying. Your the one that continues to argue that your right and everyone else is wrong. Your the one that is calling the magpies the Power reserves because they have power players playing for them. That must mean that centrals where actually known as the Power/Crows reserves as they have Power and Crows players playing for them.

Bit hard to have a go at me for what your saying. Maybe if you didn't agree with it you should of posted it a million times on here.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby dedja » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:25 pm

you're
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:28 pm

kickinit wrote:

For your info between 1990 and 2013 all SANFL clubs played under the same rules thats right even the Magpies it was a level playing field for all teams

All NINE clubs had a spattering of AFL players including the Magpies who also won premierships do you understand this ???

During that same period

Norwood
Sturt

etc etc

So are you telling me that the flags my club and your club and all the other clubs have won were by AFL reserves sides and are worth nothing are you serious ???

Hey I'm just going by what your saying. Your the one that continues to argue that your right and everyone else is wrong. Your the one that is calling the magpies the Power reserves because they have power players playing for them. That must mean that centrals where actually known as the Power/Crows reserves as they have Power and Crows players playing for them.

Bit hard to have a go at me for what your saying. Maybe if you didn't agree with it you should of posted it a million times on here.

I suggest you read my post slowly word by word or get some one to read it to you and explain the context and LOGIC of it.

You are definetely lacking something if you do not understand simple posts regarding the validity of Premierships by SANFL clubs during the period 1990 to 2013.

I will explain it one more time the NOW defunct Magpies during that said period won SEVEN PREMIERSHIPS do you comprehend ????

or

have you had a

[b][b]LOBOTOMY ???[/b][/b]
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Tech1 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:30 pm

kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Interpretation: Whoops, I actually agreed with him making myself and those with similar beliefs look extremely stupid and wrong in the process! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't agree with anything you said. I'm not the one continuing to clutch straws because I'm jealous of a footy club.

Just noticed you have 50 plus likes, that's the scary thing.
Tech1
Rookie

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby sjt » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:31 pm

kickinit wrote:

During that same period

Norwood
Sturt

etc etc

Now you're really embarrasing yourself. I'd recommend the edit key.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby matt35 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:50 pm

Plenty of straw clutching in this thread, that much I agree with. The irony is it's coming from the very people accusing kickinit of straw clutching. Funny thing is though, that the whole no AFL in the SANFL argument has now been reduced to trying to argue that a club that has clearly existed for 144 years no longer exists when it clearly still does. I guess it's a clear sign that the no AFL train is off the rails! I guess though an argument can only go around in a circle for so long, especially when it was flimsy to begin with.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby dedja » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:42 am

It's a piss take thread, it's supposed to go around in circles. 8)
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby maxyoz » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:25 am

I'm getting sick of reading all of this crap about Port Power/ Port Magpies.

We seem to have forgotten about the 4,000 Crows supporters.

Start bagging Adelaide again, I feel left out.
Punk Rooster wrote:I can't believe that a topic that is quite clearly trolling has elicited a 3 page response....
maxyoz
Under 18s

Been liked: 36 times
Grassroots Team: Kimba Districts

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:27 am

Tech1 wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Just noticed you have 50 plus likes, that's the scary thing.

Not really. They are either Port fans or he has found way to like himself ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:32 am

dedja wrote:It's a piss take thread, it's supposed to go around in circles. 8)

Sadly I can't "like" a post more than once
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:34 am

maxyoz wrote:I'm getting sick of reading all of this crap about Port Power/ Port Magpies.

Adelaide Crows Reserves are tossers and their so called fans are a disgrace to the SANFL.

There, better now?
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:56 am

maxyoz wrote:I'm getting sick of reading all of this crap about Port Power/ Port Magpies.

The Crows situation doesn't need bagging anymore, it's simply that embarrasing it bags itself
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:38 am

one thing i find incredible with Port is how they are "one club" when it suits them... I scoff at some port people who say we have always been one club... Rubbish, obviously have amnesia. A good marketing ploy by port to brainwash supporters in forgetting the horrible way the power treated the magpies when they first came into the AFL...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:51 am

woodublieve12 wrote:one thing i find incredible with Port is how they are "one club" when it suits them... I scoff at some port people who say we have always been one club... Rubbish, obviously have amnesia. A good marketing ploy by port to brainwash supporters in forgetting the horrible way the power treated the magpies when they first came into the AFL...

Standing ovation!!!!!

The Powers history is littered with them picking and choosing when they have been associated with the Magpies.

Unfortunately I have brought this up a few times on here and you won't hear a peep from any Port supporters
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Rising Power » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:57 am

wild dog wrote:
Rising Power wrote:Smugness is strong in this one. Seriously mate make a profit first and pay the money back to the SANFL. If Port goes shite in the AFL, your crowds go sub 20k again you will begging for money from your Vic masters again. Remember you are still in debt, still making a loss and the record Grand Final losers. Your club has brought a highly liquid and asset rich organisation to its knees, and required a stadium financed by the state to the tune of half a billion to make your business model look even half ok.

Not only should the zones be taken off of Port, the weekly match payment for your Magpies should be doubled next year. Lets tax the b*stards till they choke.

In terms of having

No smugness intended, my views are genuine. I agree Port need to repay the loans, it'll happen eventually. And I agree that if the team plays poorly for extended periods the crowds will probably drop into the 20ks (I think playing at AO will still help to bring some people in purely for ease of access). This is nothing new so the only point in bringing it up is to make yourself feel better. But taxing the club until it chokes isn't exactly a sustainable business model is it? Let's say the PAFC folds, leaving only one AFL club in SA. 11 AFL games a year in a half billion dollar stadium, forever stamping SA football as a laughing stock.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby areaman » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:43 pm

This thread has managed to do one thing I though never imagineable.

Port fans and some Crows fans have started up a mutual appreciation society.

Amazing.
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Rising Power wrote:
wild dog wrote:
Rising Power wrote:Smugness is strong in this one. Seriously mate make a profit first and pay the money back to the SANFL. If Port goes shite in the AFL, your crowds go sub 20k again you will begging for money from your Vic masters again. Remember you are still in debt, still making a loss and the record Grand Final losers. Your club has brought a highly liquid and asset rich organisation to its knees, and required a stadium financed by the state to the tune of half a billion to make your business model look even half ok.

Not only should the zones be taken off of Port, the weekly match payment for your Magpies should be doubled next year. Lets tax the b*stards till they choke.

In terms of having

No smugness intended, my views are genuine. I agree Port need to repay the loans, it'll happen eventually. And I agree that if the team plays poorly for extended periods the crowds will probably drop into the 20ks (I think playing at AO will still help to bring some people in purely for ease of access). This is nothing new so the only point in bringing it up is to make yourself feel better. But taxing the club until it chokes isn't exactly a sustainable business model is it? Let's say the PAFC folds, leaving only one AFL club in SA. 11 AFL games a year in a half billion dollar stadium, forever stamping SA football as a laughing stock.

Good post.
johntheclaret
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL