Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby footys the winner » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:41 pm

Snags wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:Looking forward to the first A Grade night game this week. Nice advert in the Producer, although I'm not sure the Sherrin football is appropriate.
Makes me wonder also why they used a Sherrin ball on the landmark cup weekend.

Sherrins 100x better to kick!! Should bring them in our league permanently!!

100x is a bit of an understatement.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby hotspur » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:50 pm

Uncle Sam and Rocket are correct. This a rule that is particular to the BLG. If you first played as a junior at a club in this league they have first right of refusal when you want to return to the league. It's their club or no others in the BLG, unless they agree to a clearance. Many have tried, but I don't think any have been successful.
hotspur
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Lame Choice » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:02 pm

footys the winner wrote:
Snags wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:Looking forward to the first A Grade night game this week. Nice advert in the Producer, although I'm not sure the Sherrin football is appropriate.

100x is a bit of an understatement.

Maybe so, but Burley is a sponsor of the APFL.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby Snags » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:07 am

magpieeagle wrote:
Snags wrote:

U fit there Snags, ready for those young wippers Saturday!! No internal shit going down here laddy

I don't know who you think I am but I'm a hazbeen haven't played for years.. I sit under the verandar drinking my xxxx cans with the rest of the two wells verandar club!
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Ace of Spades » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:34 am

hotspur wrote:Uncle Sam and Rocket are correct. This a rule that is particular to the BLG. If you first played as a junior at a club in this league they have first right of refusal when you want to return to the league. It's their club or no others in the BLG, unless they agree to a clearance. Many have tried, but I don't think any have been successful.

How do the BLG rules over rule the CFL ones?
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Extractor » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:13 am

Ace of Spades wrote:
hotspur wrote:Uncle Sam and Rocket are correct. This a rule that is particular to the BLG. If you first played as a junior at a club in this league they have first right of refusal when you want to return to the league. It's their club or no others in the BLG, unless they agree to a clearance. Many have tried, but I don't think any have been successful.

Not sure on the legalities of it but I'm not aware of it ever being overturned by a player and quite a few have tried. Deals can be done between clubs to agree to release players though...

It protects clubs' investment in juniors. If you do all the hard yards on a young player and develop them into an A grader it would not be fair for them to got APFL for a year then return to the BLG side next door for more money the following year.

I do think that the rule could be relaxed a bit and have exemptions after 5 or so years at other clubs but it does serve a purpose.
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Skip Dimes » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:27 am

Ace of Spades wrote:

There have been occasions where a deal as been made between clubs.

For Example... A former South Gawler junior, that played sanfl juniors, and some seniors, tried to came back to the league but with Nuri. A deal was done that he would be cleared, but could not play against his former club.

I think one area for which the rule is relaxed is if a player wishes to take up a coaching position at another club. This has happened on a few occasions, most recently a former Nuri junior, who had been plying his trade in many leagues throughout the state, wished to move to Freeling, but that move was not cleared. Some 3 years later after playing in other leagues, his clearance to South Gawler was agreed upon, as he was taking charge of one of the Colts sides.
Skip Dimes
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:28 am

Lame Choice wrote:Looking forward to the first A Grade night game this week.

Have I missed something here, which game?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:29 am

Ace of Spades wrote:

We have the same rule mate, except it expires after 12 months away from your original club. BLG is obviously a bit more strict.

League By-laws over-ride "CFL ones"
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby RooShootOhh » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:25 am

Extractor wrote:
Ace of Spades wrote:

Not sure on the legalities of it but I'm not aware of it ever being overturned by a player and quite a few have tried. Deals can be done between clubs to agree to release players though...

It protects clubs' investment in juniors. If you do all the hard yards on a young player and develop them into an A grader it would not be fair for them to got APFL for a year then return to the BLG side next door for more money the following year.

I do think that the rule could be relaxed a bit and have exemptions after 5 or so years at other clubs but it does serve a purpose.

This is what needs to be looked at with this rule. Understanding most senior players only play for around 10 yrs the rule should be simply, 3 years in another league and you can come back to who you want. Considering 3 yrs is 30% of an average footballer career, its a fair bit of time to just 'get around' a by-law.

The only exception would be if a local product went to a league club, then it might be 5 years spent away from the local club (whether that be at a league club or not) or still have to wait the 3 years in another league AFTER you have finished at the league club. With this exception, it would help clubs protect the juniors that they rightly promote to clubs in town, which is what the rule should really be there for in the first place.
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby hanno_7 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:50 pm

Balak 40+
Two Wells 40+
Hamley 1-39
hanno_7
Under 18s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby GIDDY UP! » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Balaka +40
Two wells +40
Hamley +40
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Snags » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:15 pm

Balak 1-39
Two wells 1-39
Hamley 1-39
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Freaky Tah » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:27 pm

Red Rocket wrote:
Freaky Tah wrote:Uncle Sam let me get this right, you saying if a player played juniors in a league then leaves that league and goes to 2-3 clubs in 2-3 different leagues after juniors then returns to the league as a senior that they are obligated to go to that club ONLY, mmmm that doesn't sound right and would severely limit a players movement one would think, plus joss is the big factor here its south gawler or he will stay at Virginia simple

I believe Uncle Sam is correct.
Once you play the required junior games you are tied to that club for life.
I would guess he will have to stay at Virginia

Thanks for clearing that up, although the rule does seem rediculous
When it comes to winning you need the skill and the will
Freaky Tah
Under 16s

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby Freaky Tah » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:33 pm

Oh ok cool so its just a BL&G league rule
When it comes to winning you need the skill and the will
Freaky Tah
Under 16s

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby Lame Choice » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:25 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

Thought I read in the local paper that the Balak games is under lights this week. I'd better check again in case I'm the only one standing in the dark at Ralli park this weekend :shock:
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby Lame Choice » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Virginia 1-39 Match of the round - expect the Rams to settle with some players back
Balak 40+ Can't see Hummocks getting close to anyone from here on
Two Wells 1-39 No comment on this game less I hurt anybodies feelings
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby Skip Dimes » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:47 pm

Lame Choice wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Thought I read in the local paper that the Balak games is under lights this week. I'd better check again in case I'm the only one standing in the dark at Ralli park this weekend :shock:

Definitely correct. The main game will start just before 6pm
Skip Dimes
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby magpieeagle » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:04 pm

Lame Choice wrote:Virginia 1-39 Match of the round - expect the Rams to settle with some players back
Balak 40+ Can't see Hummocks getting close to anyone from here on
Two Wells 1-39 No comment on this game less I hurt anybodies feelings

8)
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby footys the winner » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:14 pm

HB 40+
TW 40+
B 40+