HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Legs Man » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:33 am

Yes Uraidla were very good and outclassed Echunga.

It was the 1st quarter that did the damage as Echunga were more than competitive for the next 3 quarters.

Uraidla are the best side we have played this season.

Well drilled and coached with a definitive game plan - they knew who to be aware of and played clear of Echunga's gun players.

Well done to Bridgey on their win - but they obviously need some recourse from the bar/canteen they obviously had at Lobey.

What gets me is they can't even get their bar to an acceptable level when playing at home but put the time in when playing away.

They even ran out of beer when Echunga played there.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Justquietly » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:39 am

Always there & Chopper7: I think the Lobey comments may more be directed at a poster that earlier said something along the lines of "who's next" & got a bit chest puffy.
All this having been said: how the hell do you beat Uris, anyone?
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Legs Man » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:57 am

Playing a man on man game is likely the best option re Uraidla.

They come out the back of the stoppage nearly every time and have great skills.

Also prepared to hang on to the footy until someone is there to assist - even if it means getting caught.

Superior voice also and direct the match well among themselves.

It seems to all be about possession - if they have the footy you don't!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Champ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:05 am

Legs Man wrote:Playing a man on man game is likely the best option re Uraidla.

They come out the back of the stoppage nearly every time and have great skills.

Also prepared to hang on to the footy until someone is there to assist - even if it means getting caught.

Superior voice also and direct the match well among themselves.

It seems to all be about possession - if they have the footy you don't!

Spoken like a true coach..
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:30 pm

Legs Man wrote:Well done to Bridgey on their win - but they obviously need some recourse from the bar/canteen they obviously had at Lobey.

What gets me is they can't even get their bar to an acceptable level when playing at home but put the time in when playing away.

They even ran out of beer when Echunga played there.

Great day for the Raiders at Lobey. Never looked like losing from the first quarter onwards. Just shows what happens a couple of our better players return after being out injured for weeks. Fingers crossed we can keep everyone on the park for the remainder of the year. We saw first hand with Lobey that lack of club depth can bite hard.

Sad to see most of the posts trying to focus on other issues. Agree about the alchohol, but didnt realise it was an offence to take your own food to the football.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby the_grinch » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:26 pm

Two games between 4th and 9th... who's going to make finals, other than Uri, Barker and Lobey?
the_grinch
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby groovster » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Not an offence Elmer, but its a dangerous move as no other clubs will want to spend money at your club...and all clubs need the support of home AND opposition sides with the canteen.

A loss to Hahndorf on the weekend was disappointing, depth being tested with several A graders unavailable/injured (5 or 6 I think) Fielded 11 players aged 18/19 on saturday, so experience was lacking but their endeavour was fantastic. Will have to be patient..good to see wins in every other grade (central and country) though, its only the Bs and As that arent in the 5..!

Must say Ironbank were pretty disappointing considering the fanfare of the beginning of the season with a profile coach and several non local players being recruited, their points must be maxed out! I hope they are getting more returns off the field....

Grinch, I would say

1. Uri
2. Mt Barker
3. Lobey
4. Echunga
5. Ironbank
groovster
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Mop Up » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:36 am

groovster wrote:Not an offence Elmer, but its a dangerous move as no other clubs will want to spend money at your club...and all clubs need the support of home AND opposition sides with the canteen.

A loss to Hahndorf on the weekend was disappointing, depth being tested with several A graders unavailable/injured (5 or 6 I think) Fielded 11 players aged 18/19 on saturday, so experience was lacking but their endeavour was fantastic. Will have to be patient..good to see wins in every other grade (central and country) though, its only the Bs and As that arent in the 5..!

Must say Ironbank were pretty disappointing considering the fanfare of the beginning of the season with a profile coach and several non local players being recruited, their points must be maxed out! I hope they are getting more returns off the field....

Grinch, I would say

1. Uri
2. Mt Barker
3. Lobey
4. Echunga
5. Ironbank

Agree with your top 5 there but such a close league, appears anything can happen on any given Saturday.

Couple of footnotes for your other point - IB used 10 pts on Saturday (15 locals) & have beaten Hahndorf by a combined 94 points over 2 games this year.

And it is good to see these kids playing, clearly have the most talented juniors in the comp but sometimes get lured away by SANFL, etc. It's really how Hahndorf should be setup to function.
Mop Up
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times

Postby supercoach » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:28 pm

Agree both Hahndorf and Ironbank have great local players and kids. Hahndorf won the senior colts by 4 goals but it was really only their second 6 goal to 1 second quarter killed off the game. They are a good team of kids. The bankers always enjoy playing Hahndorf and although the A grade was 6 goals in the end it was a tough hard contest the first 3 quarters. - Both teams with what they have will develop over the next year or so and be up there in the future maybe not this year.
supercoach
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby Champ » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:25 am

R11
Wood v Dorf
Bridgey v Onkas
Bankers v Chunga
Barker v TV Upset
Uri v Lobey
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Banker » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:38 am

I'm tipping IB to get over Echunga this week Champ. Most of the Demons havnt seen IB oval before, its very unique...
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:18 pm

My Tigers have put in 2 poor performances, hope it's not a repeat of last years form. Injuries can't be used an an excuse as all teams are in the same boat. Will be interesting to see how the boys respond in this weeks Courier Cup final at the Cabbage Patch.

All fixtures this week are are again 50/50, no results would surprise me. It's a bloody good comp!
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby groovster » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:27 pm

It is a great comp at the moment (the As), how much better would it be if the Central Div had the likes of Mt Lofty, Nairne, Kersbrook playing in it?! (LOL).

I dont believe there is on club in the Central Div who shouldnt be there, get rid of the relegation for 2015 and promote elevation IF a country club wants to come in!
groovster
Mini-League

Postby Legs Man » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:27 pm

Agreed - no relegation in 2015!

But let a maximum of 2 in if they want to come up.

Ironbank is certainly unique and will surprise the Echunga players who are used to playing on a normal size footy oval.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Making Central division a 12 team comp will kill country division & most country clubs. Do we really want to do that.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby groovster » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:26 pm

Hard action and decisions needed.. Reality is small town clubs either go it alone or start merger talks. My home town club in The mid north needed to merge to survive and losing identity vs extinction is a no brainer..
groovster
Mini-League

Postby cracka » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:47 am

groovster wrote:Hard action and decisions needed.. Reality is small town clubs either go it alone or start merger talks. My home town club in The mid north needed to merge to survive and losing identity vs extinction is a no brainer..

I agree. Have said that before on here. Even if there were 3 or 4 mergers I would still prefer a maximum 10 team central comp. 3 mergers would bring the total clubs in the HFL to 16 so would prefer 2 x 8 team comps there.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby The Panther » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:39 pm

Didn't Echunga win the last time they played at Ironbank (2001). :lol:
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby The Panther » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:41 pm

cracka wrote:
groovster wrote:Hard action and decisions needed.. Reality is small town clubs either go it alone or start merger talks. My home town club in The mid north needed to merge to survive and losing identity vs extinction is a no brainer..

I agree. Have said that before on here. Even if there were 3 or 4 mergers I would still prefer a maximum 10 team central comp. 3 mergers would bring the total clubs in the HFL to 16 so would prefer 2 x 8 team comps there.

Just wondering if the clubs you both belong too are ones you would consider for mergers ?
The Panther
Under 16s

Postby The Panther » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:51 pm

If Nairne and Lofty did come in and no clubs went from central to country div would it be that bad.
Obviously clubs would't play everyone twice but that hasn't mattered in the past.

Country would still have 7 clubs ( other country leagues survive on this many or less ).

Country junior comps would still be ok if at least 6 teams were in each grade. As it stands some central clubs enter second teams in the country juniors.
By removing a couple of the top clubs e.g. Lofty and Nairne may even make the comp more enjoyable for the smaller town clubs like Maccy and Kangy etc.

I don't think we need to make drastic decisions on clubs and mergers to create a healthier environment within Hills football.
The Panther
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy