Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Talk on the national game

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:20 pm

Spargo wrote:
carey wrote:
JK wrote:I don't see Sydney as flag favorites, probably still the Hawks but there's so much to happen still. Would just about have the house on Hawks, Ports, Swans or Dockers taking the flag out. Probably come down to who cops the luckiest /unluckiest breaks from here on.

Fair call.

Although I don't think the Dockers can win the flag. 3 horse race for mine albeit very close in order Sydney, Hawks, Port.

North & Freo can win the flag.

Didn't we have this discussion about a month ago. Good on you for backing your team but there is no chance North are going to win the flag. I could list at least 5 good reasons why this is the case. The main one is they are just not good enough.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby carey » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:35 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Spargo wrote:
carey wrote:
JK wrote:I don't see Sydney as flag favorites, probably still the Hawks but there's so much to happen still. Would just about have the house on Hawks, Ports, Swans or Dockers taking the flag out. Probably come down to who cops the luckiest /unluckiest breaks from here on.

Fair call.

Although I don't think the Dockers can win the flag. 3 horse race for mine albeit very close in order Sydney, Hawks, Port.

North & Freo can win the flag.

Didn't we have this discussion about a month ago. Good on you for backing your team but there is no chance North are going to win the flag. I could list at least 5 good reasons why this is the case. The main one is they are just not good enough.

My views haven't changed in fact I think my views are now stronger on my original statement.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2806 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:56 pm

I was directing my statement to the other bloke.

I actually think its a four horse race but about a month ago I put my $ where my mouth is and punted on a Sydney v Port GF. Having said that come Prelim final weekend any two of the four could make. My ideal scenario would be Port playing Freeo. The arm chair love ride the AFL affords Sydney has me now resenting them and Hawthorns colours are shit and piss ;)

I expect Port to bounce back with a vengeance next weekend with a ten goal win. Will you be entertaining the ladies on the third level of the members this week Carey. No wonder Port pull 50,000 :lol:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby GWW » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:27 pm

GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby carey » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:22 pm

wristwatcher wrote:I was directing my statement to the other bloke.

I actually think its a four horse race but about a month ago I put my $ where my mouth is and punted on a Sydney v Port GF. Having said that come Prelim final weekend any two of the four could make. My ideal scenario would be Port playing Freeo. The arm chair love ride the AFL affords Sydney has me now resenting them and Hawthorns colours are shit and piss ;)

I expect Port to bounce back with a vengeance next weekend with a ten goal win. Will you be entertaining the ladies on the third level of the members this week Carey. No wonder Port pull 50,000 :lol:

Lol

Yes my good man I will be there having a few quiet ones :D
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:50 pm

Wrapped Shaw kicked 6. Been talking him up for a few weeks to a bloke I sit in front of the footy would love to see him get a run I believe by seasons end he'll be in front of Butcher. Would it be flirting with form to give him a run against the dogs? On the back of kicking 6 confidence up. I'd love to see it.

He'll be Schultz replacement.
carey
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:58 am

Wont matter who plays, get on the dogs @ 39+.... here we come!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby valleys07 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:02 pm

Darren Burgess has inked a new deal with the PAFC, keeping him at the club until the end of season 2018.

The contract is reportedly $2m over 4 years, making him the highest-paid high performance manager in the AFL.

Pretty pumped with that news!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:36 pm

carey wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:I was directing my statement to the other bloke.

Lol

Yes my good man I will be there having a few quiet ones :D

Aren't you playing this week?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby RustyCage » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:13 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:Wont matter who plays, get on the dogs @ 39+.... here we come!!!

Doggies have won the last 7 against Port, though funnily enough only one of those games was in Adelaide
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:45 am

RustyCage wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:Wont matter who plays, get on the dogs @ 39+.... here we come!!!

Doggies have won the last 7 against Port, though funnily enough only one of those games was in Adelaide

Still an interesting stat, and shown they are capable when they play 4 quarters.. perhaps not the most ridiculous call of the week?!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Dancing in the rain » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:32 pm

stats shmats...Port by 83points. If phantom tosses the coin, Port by 77.
Dancing in the rain
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Dancing in the rain wrote:stats shmats...Port by 83points. If phantom tosses the coin, Port by 177.

Edited for accuracy :D

Boak should thank me - last time he won the toss, the game and got BOG #thedifference 8) :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:18 pm

Disappointing crowd on the weekend, good time slot, great venue, team is top of the ladder.....what is the excuse now?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:Disappointing crowd on the weekend, good time slot, great venue, team is top of the ladder.....what is the excuse now?

:roll: This old chest nut again..

I reckon 34k is a pretty good crowd, contrary to popular belief i dont think Sat arvo is a great time slot given it clashes with community footy.

Seems every week someone is looking for a reason to put the Power under some scrutiny..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:48 pm

Dutchy wrote:Disappointing crowd on the weekend, good time slot, great venue, team is top of the ladder.....what is the excuse now?

Rubbish.

No it is not and you know that's the case. 1:40 Saturday clashes with so much grass roots sport it's not funny. Against the shithouse Western Bulldogs at about the worst time slot possible, 34,000 is an acceptable if not surprising crowd. I thought anything over 30,000 would be a good effort.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jackson Trengove signed a two year extension today, keeping him at the club until the end of 2017 at least.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:51 pm

FACTS:
Adelaide Oval has the 2nd highest attendance average per game this season in the AFL (44, 954) behind the MCG (48, 411) and well ahead of Patersons (35, 102)
Round 14 seen an average attendance at games of 30, 035
Ports season attendance average is 33, 399

Based on all that, I think that the crowd Sat was quite a good one.
Last edited by Phantom Gossiper on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:52 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

:roll: This old chest nut again..

I reckon 34k is a pretty good crowd, contrary to popular belief i dont think Sat arvo is a great time slot given it clashes with community footy.

Seems every week someone is looking for a reason to put the Power under some scrutiny..

bring them back ;)

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Booney wrote:

Rubbish.

No it is not and you know that's the case. 1:40 Saturday clashes with so much grass roots sport it's not funny. Against the shithouse Western Bulldogs at about the worst time slot possible, 34,000 is an acceptable if not surprising crowd. I thought anything over 30,000 would be a good effort.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jackson Trengove signed a two year extension today, keeping him at the club until the end of 2017 at least.

Jacko! :heart:

What bemuses me though Boon- is why port fans voted saturday afternoon as the most preferred timeslot?

With Brisbane, Fremantle and the Bulldogs all being in this timeslot, drawing our 3 lowest crowds this season, one has to ask the question of why power fans vote their preferred timeslot, then never show.

I ****ing hate saturday afternoons- clashes with too many things, such as grassroots, work etc. Hopefully with our increased ladder position, we can petition for friday nights and saturday nights at the portress next season.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:15 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Rubbish.

Jacko! :heart:

What bemuses me though Boon- is why port fans voted saturday afternoon as the most preferred timeslot?

With Brisbane, Fremantle and the Bulldogs all being in this timeslot, drawing our 3 lowest crowds this season, one has to ask the question of why power fans vote their preferred timeslot, then never show.

I ****ing hate saturday afternoons- clashes with too many things, such as grassroots, work etc. Hopefully with our increased ladder position, we can petition for friday nights and saturday nights at the portress next season.

sorry they are saved for powerhouse sides, such as richmond and carlton :roll:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL