VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:06 pm

marbles wrote:your little battler clubs need success to build and grow stronger - as proven in the last 5 years 8 of the last div 7 10 flags in your reach have been taken by Div 1 thirds & fourths sides - success & development has been taken from you

Success and development isn't measured by the winning of the flag, it's how you develop your players, operate your club, progress and keep your business in order. Obviously winning a premiership is the pinnacle but it isn't everything and good clubs will adapt and improve as they progress - take Mawson Lakes & Central United for example, they have been very competitive Div 6 sides in recent years and they didn't win a premiership to gain promotion..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:08 pm

marbles wrote:u need to enlarge your scope PG, and whether u do or not aint gonna mean shit when the league decides which way it needs to go.
No doubt, and if the league was to move in a certain direction I have no doubts that my club would support the league and continue to work on our improvement - but we aren't going to go out and start petitioning for a change for the sake of a minority.[/quote]

minority??

15 clubs with c & d grades = 30 teams

30 teams * 21 men = 630 men every season

630 men each paying $10 a game = $6300 per round

$6300 * 18 rounds = $113400 a season injected into the SAAFL every season

phht minority
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:09 pm

And it isnt just my club.. you think any other club in any other grade would be happy to work their arse off for the past 12 months, make a GF and then be told they wont be promoted due to the league having to accomodate other clubs 3rd and 4th sides?!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:12 pm

marbles wrote:minority??

phht minority

Minority - 1 person out of 23,000+ players, from 1 club (out of what 66?) pressing the point..

Yes minority.

Don't drag 14 other clubs into this - they have voices i'm sure and if they agreed with you they would speak up..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:19 pm

marbles wrote:
thats right boys - you are so right there

your little battler clubs need success to build and grow stronger - as proven in the last 5 years 8 of the last div 7 10 flags in your reach have been taken by Div 1 thirds & fourths sides - success & development has been taken from you

you are so close to seeing the light - gel with me and accept how much better off you are without the div 1 gangsters

Success is not success if it is not earned.

It seems that the expectation from marbles and the like is that everyone wins one every other year and if not, it's just not fair!

The main issue is that the C9AFL has been allowed to grow too big, in an insane power grab, over the past 20 years. The result has been folding clubs or extreme divides between teams. It is time for the C9AFL to be broken up, separating out the semi-professional clubs and leaving the amateur clubs behind.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:19 pm

Come on marbles, your turn to regurgitate the same shit from your agrument again..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:20 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

phht minority

Minority - 1 person out of 23,000+ players, from 1 club (out of what 66?) pressing the point..

Yes minority.

Don't drag 14 other clubs into this - they have voices i'm sure and if they agreed with you they would speak up..

they are and they will, just not on here or to you. i'll continue to represent the masses publicly, despite self centered insults from minorities, and lead all these 700 men to a better worthwhile club enhancing environment
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:23 pm

marbles wrote:
jo172 wrote:
marbles wrote:C-Graders are people too and there are plenty of them. PLUS they pay subs, unlike your a-grade soldiers, and they want whats best for their money, do they really wanna pay money to be smashed up by your agrade warriors every second week? i doubt it - hence why we are seeing the erosion of the participation rate

No, they want to steal the Div 7 A Grade club's flags! Like they do most years!

jo172 wrote:
marbles wrote:C-Graders are people too and there are plenty of them. PLUS they pay subs, unlike your a-grade soldiers, and they want whats best for their money, do they really wanna pay money to be smashed up by your agrade warriors every second week? i doubt it - hence why we are seeing the erosion of the participation rate

No, they want to steal the Div 7 A Grade club's flags! Like they do most years!

thats right boys - you are so right there

your little battler clubs need success to build and grow stronger - as proven in the last 5 years 8 of the last div 7 10 flags in your reach have been taken by Div 1 thirds & fourths sides - success & development has been taken from you

you are so close to seeing the light - gel with me and accept how much better off you are without the div 1 gangsters

But I thought it was because Div 7 Elite athletes smash C Graders?

How are the C Graders stealing the elite athletes flags?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:23 pm

marbles wrote:they are and they will, just not on here or to you. i'll continue to represent the masses publicly, despite self centered insults from minorities, and lead all these 700 men to a better worthwhile club enhancing environment

You truly are a god sent
not sure if marbles or jesus.JPG
not sure if marbles or jesus.JPG (38.86 KiB) Viewed 963 times
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:27 pm

marbles wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

phht minority

Yes minority.

they are and they will, just not on here or to you. i'll continue to represent the masses publicly, despite self centered insults from minorities, and lead all these 700 men to a better worthwhile club enhancing environment

You are aware that jo172 is on the committee (which I doubt you are) of a club with a C&D grade teams & he disagrees with you?
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:35 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:You are aware that jo172 is on the committee (which I doubt you are) of a club with a C&D grade teams & he disagrees with you?

Barnyard08 wrote:PG we dont get flogged every second week we are pretty competetive in most games we play we got flogged by the top team and we got flogged by north pines when at the start of the day we had 15 players and had 5 play both games. He is the only one going on about it. I believe that dropping out of div7 wont be the right thing for us to do for our C and D grade and one of the reasons is what you just stated

Appears he hasn't even got the full support from his own club let alone others..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:38 pm

marbles wrote:
marbles wrote:u need to enlarge your scope PG, and whether u do or not aint gonna mean shit when the league decides which way it needs to go.
No doubt, and if the league was to move in a certain direction I have no doubts that my club would support the league and continue to work on our improvement - but we aren't going to go out and start petitioning for a change for the sake of a minority.

minority??

phht minority[/quote]
Henley with c & d grades = 2 teams
1 team * 21 men + 1 team * 21 sandbaggers = 42 players
42 players paying henley fc $500 a season = $21000
$21,000 a season injected into the henley A grade player's pockets
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:46 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
You are aware that jo172 is on the committee (which I doubt you are) of a club with a C&D grade teams & he disagrees with you?

oh really, in what division??
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:11 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
marbles wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

phht minority

Yes minority.

I'm just still wrapping my head around you being an elite athlete ;)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Jetters » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:24 pm

How have you promoted this so badly Marbles??

For mine what you are proposing is a very minor change, it just ensures A grades play A grades and C play C, which for all but a couple of sides, is the case now. I don't see why an A grade side would want to play a C grade side or vice versa. Play like for like.

The downside I see is you are left with byes.

The argument about not getting promotion is BS. What div you are in is a bit of an illusion, if you are the 49th ranked club you are still the 49th ranked club whether that puts you in Div 5 or 6. And in reality the new Div 6, is really a Div 5.5. Sorry if it hurts your ego.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby X Runna » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Jetters wrote:How have you promoted this so badly Marbles??

For mine what you are proposing is a very minor change, it just ensures A grades play A grades and C play C, which for all but a couple of sides, is the case now. I don't see why an A grade side would want to play a C grade side or vice versa. Play like for like.

The downside I see is you are left with byes.

The argument about not getting promotion is BS. What div you are in is a bit of an illusion, if you are the 49th ranked club you are still the 49th ranked club whether that puts you in Div 5 or 6. And in reality the new Div 6, is really a Div 5.5. Sorry if it hurts your ego.

http://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range/tools
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:42 pm

Jetters wrote:The argument about not getting promotion is BS. What div you are in is a bit of an illusion, if you are the 49th ranked club you are still the 49th ranked club whether that puts you in Div 5 or 6. And in reality the new Div 6, is really a Div 5.5. Sorry if it hurts your ego.

If Unley continue to have a successful season this season, inform your players, prospective recruits, sponsors and members that you are going to elect to stay in Div 3 in 2015 and that they should just be satisfied that they are the 21st best club in the competition because what div you are in is just an illusion.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:44 pm

marbles wrote:# Having byes like this also offers opportunities to invite new fully established clubs to the SAAFL and allow them to fill the Div 3 bye. For example Brighton may consider the Div 3 invitation, where theres no way in the world it would join a vacancy in Div 7. MArion could join Div 4, or Morphettville or Blackwood etc. By 2016 these byes could be filled.

How would the grades be adjusted each season then if one div had 10 teams, one had 9, another had 10 and so one?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Jetters » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Jetters wrote:The argument about not getting promotion is BS. What div you are in is a bit of an illusion, if you are the 49th ranked club you are still the 49th ranked club whether that puts you in Div 5 or 6. And in reality the new Div 6, is really a Div 5.5. Sorry if it hurts your ego.

If Unley continue to have a successful season this season, inform your players, prospective recruits, sponsors and members that you are going to elect to stay in Div 3 in 2015 and that they should just be satisfied that they are the 21st best club in the competition because what div you are in is just an illusion.

Yeah but according to the model both GF sides from div 3 go up anyway ;), either way, we would potentially be 19th best.

It does sound bad, and it would be shit if it effected us, but you have to look at the league as a whole.

I just don't see what all the debate is about????

It is the best result for all (imo) for it to be A v A and C v C. The question is, whether that result is worth having byes?
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:50 pm

"Sorry Adelaide Lutheran, I know you were only a game away from playing Div 5 finals, but we are going to put you into Div 6 this season. Hope you dont mind either, but another club from a different comp has said they want to join, so we are going to put them in Div 5 and remove the bye. Oh and unfortunately due to the odd numbers in each division, we wont be able to promote anyone from 6 this season, and two will be relegated. Hope your club prospers and you can attract quality footballers knowing you are going to be in 6 for a couple of years... Oh but dont worry, you're still the **th ranked club in the comp, that's gotta make you proud!"
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League