The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby cracka » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:22 pm

JK wrote:
cracka wrote:
JK wrote:Adelaidenow being typically selective as always about which comments it will or won't post. Other than the form guide I wouldn't wipe my ass with that miserable excuse for a paper!!

Then don't read it.

I won't be, anyone with half a brain probably could have deduced that from my post .. But don't fear I've confirmed it for you now.

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't have kept reading the same paper for so long if they thought it was crap.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby JK » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:30 pm

cracka wrote:
JK wrote:
cracka wrote:
JK wrote:Adelaidenow being typically selective as always about which comments it will or won't post. Other than the form guide I wouldn't wipe my ass with that miserable excuse for a paper!!

Then don't read it.

I won't be, anyone with half a brain probably could have deduced that from my post .. But don't fear I've confirmed it for you now.

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't have kept reading the same paper for so long if they thought it was crap.

You know how long Ive been reading it for? Half a brain and 2 dicks Im guessing
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby cracka » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:34 pm

cracka wrote:
JK wrote:
cracka wrote:

Then don't read it.

JK wrote:You know how long Ive been reading it for? Half a brain and 2 dicks Im guessing

You said "Adelaidenow being typically selective as always " which I thought meant you've been reading it for a while. My apologies if you've only read it a couple of times.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:34 pm

cracka wrote:
JK wrote:
cracka wrote:

Then don't read it.

His criterion for buying that gutter tabloid was not possession of half a brain, but rather a dirty arse...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby LPH » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:28 pm

JK, I prefer Winning Post anyway :D
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby maxyoz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:14 pm

Seems that The Advertiser and Sooking is the latest rage.

Waahhhhhh :cry: :cry:
Punk Rooster wrote:I can't believe that a topic that is quite clearly trolling has elicited a 3 page response....
maxyoz
Under 18s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 36 times
Grassroots Team: Kimba Districts

Postby JK » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:39 pm

Thats right, no Crowvertiser in the SANFL!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby matt35 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:05 am

@Rising Power

You are exactly right. Anyone who thought these changes would not eventually happen was absolutely kidding themselves. Adelaide and Port Adelaide were always eventually going to enter teams in to the SANFL, as has happened in other states. It was not a matter of if, but when. Contrary to the sooking, paranoia, predictions of the sky falling in, conspiracy theories etc from some, the SANFL lives on and we now look forward to a great run to this year's finals, with nine teams still with a chance of playing finals. The best evidence that the no AFL case is out of steam is the increase in conspiracy theories around here lately, including talk of deliberately inflated crowds and money being put in people's pockets to only promote certain viewpoints. I mean seriously, how dare the media cater for the majority of South Australian Football fans who happen to support Adelaide or Port Adelaide, what a crazy idea that is!
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby CUTTERMAN » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:10 am

Thank you Chris McDermott.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Ronnie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:11 am

matt35 wrote:@Rising Power

You are exactly right. Anyone who thought these changes would not eventually happen was absolutely kidding themselves. Adelaide and Port Adelaide were always eventually going to enter teams in to the SANFL, as has happened in other states. It was not a matter of if, but when. Contrary to the sooking, paranoia, predictions of the sky falling in, conspiracy theories etc from some, the SANFL lives on and we now look forward to a great run to this year's finals, with nine teams still with a chance of playing finals. The best evidence that the no AFL case is out of steam is the increase in conspiracy theories around here lately, including talk of deliberately inflated crowds and money being put in people's pockets to only promote certain viewpoints. I mean seriously, how dare the media cater for the majority of South Australian Football fans who happen to support Adelaide or Port Adelaide, what a crazy idea that is!

That has everything to do with the AFL teams of course, thank god for them.

Your not even remotely concerned at the lack of crowds, atmosphere, at matches involving AFL reserves teams??
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:29 am

It's not a conspiracy that people involved in media outlets would be working to an agenda whether they agree to the idea or not.

Yes they may not have their pockets lined with outside money but at the end of the day triple m lines there pockets and triple m has an agenda it needs to meet. There is no way the triple m boss is going to let riccuitti or Dittmar get on air and bag the AFL

There not going to have hosts who bad mouth the AFL or the SA AFL clubs when they rely so heavily on them for rights to broadcast games, rights to get interviews from these clubs at will etc

There are people on this site in a better position to me to know about this stuff but I'm sure they will agree the major media outlets are big businesses which make deciscions on the basis of what's best for their business
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby cennals05 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:59 am

I definitely know of one instance when the AFL told a radio station not to let callers to air that wanted to talk about a certain topic because it was damaging to the AFL. They just threaten the radio stations with taking away their broadcast rights.

It's the same with Crows and Power at the beginning of each season radio stations fight to have a partnership with them, which costs a lot of money. Of course the deal goes both ways and they expect favourable media.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:03 am

cennals05 wrote:

I definitely know of one instance when the AFL told a radio station not to let callers to air that wanted to talk about a certain topic because it was damaging to the AFL. They just threaten the radio stations with taking away their broadcast rights.

It's the same with Crows and Power at the beginning of each season radio stations fight to have a partnership with them, which costs a lot of money. Of course the deal goes both ways and they expect favourable media.

Certainly cost a former AFL coach his radio job with a sports focused station because of his stance on several issues that the AFL didn't like....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby cracka » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:12 am

cennals05 wrote:

You have proof?
cracka
Veteran

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:21 am

Pretty certain she would.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:50 pm

matt35 wrote: I mean seriously, how dare the media cater for the majority of South Australian Football fans who happen to support Adelaide or Port Adelaide, what a crazy idea that is!

Any chance the "majority of SA Football fans" could turn up to support their team? That's what they all wanted remember?

While I expected things to pan out the way they have, if these glorified trial games were at least giving the SANFL good 4k average crowds (as promised) with good atmosphere, providing non SANFL people a good day out and reasons to return as well as making $ to the established clubs, then I could be turned to support, in a small way, the new era of SANFL.

However this has not happened, the product is worse, the crowds are worse, the clubs cannot be financially better off (reporting time at the end of the year will be very interesting) and the league has lost a lot of core fans who have now found something else to do on the weekends.

The clubs/administrators thought they spent some time on this in 2013, I imagine this years off season will be worse, trying to unravel the mistakes, if it is retrievable.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Tech1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:54 pm

It's painful seeing comments coming up after every port game on facebook, sometimes free speech should be retracted if you really are a complete moron with no knowledge of what you're talking about. The amount of people that say "cue the whinging" "cue the no afl in the sanfl" or "how come you didn't complain when the afl players where helping you win" or "we deserved the allowances we have because the SANFL owed us for moving us to Ethelton" How do these people function on a daily basis astounds me, f*ckin morons. I can't wait to hear these people if any changes get made to the power reserves for next year, it will be "this is so unfair we are too good so you had to limit us from winning another flag" either way you can't win with these morons.
Last edited by Tech1 on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tech1
Rookie

Been liked: 27 times

Postby LPH » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:01 pm

Cue: kickinit... :roll:
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Tech1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:10 pm

LPH wrote:Cue: kickinit... :roll:

I thought kickinit and dols 16 were oxygen thieves, this a new level.
Tech1
Rookie

Been liked: 27 times

Postby sjt » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Now the dogs are gone, I hope the port power professionals can romp it in. The farce will be complete.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL