River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby Monopoly Man » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Well we got beaten. Just couldn't quite peg close enough to them. They always seemed to have an answer. Just our luck to come up against them with Pfeiffer and Thompson back from the Crows. We find ourselves in an unusual position on the ladder but have a chance to peg a couple back this week.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby biffboy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:24 pm

Cheers for manning up MM, wish my old mate Ramrod would do the same. I do remember him calling us a train wreck & telling me I was kidding myself after a couple rounds. Guess we know who's smiling now.

That said, a 5 goal win in round 9 doesn't make up for a 15 goal thumping in a prelim so I'll keep a lid on it (for now)
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:07 pm

Getting in early for this wks games.

Imps 10 goals
Ramblers 6 goals
Mypo 12 goals
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby stomper » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Imps vs Jervois..Imps by 30pts
Ramblers vs Mannum...Mannum by 10pts
Mypo vs Tailem...Mypo by 50pts
stomper
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby biffboy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:02 am

Mypo & meninge will be an interesting one this week, would like to see the bears get up but apparently Mypo are back after pumping Tailem :roll:
Seriously, so much talk about Moss finding form this week but clearly Tailem are struggling so unless he kicks a bag again, I still think he is over rated

Other two games, well Mannum will get the job done & we should stitch up the bluds, but funny things happen in funny weather
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:36 am

Going to be atrocious conditions for footy this wk end which should make all games very close.

The three winners for me this wk are

Ramblers 1-12
Mannum 20-30
Meningie 1-12
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby biffboy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:10 pm

Did mossy prove me right today? Go mypo
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:08 pm

Well today was the wettest I think I've seen our oval, was a mess by the end of the game, and what a cracking game it was. In what was a massive win for our boys, we lead all day and out scoring mypo into the wind in the first quarter really helped. But there was an umpire today, first time I've seen him and I never want to see him again, he was an absolute joke and I'm not sure he's all there, yellow cards, red cards, absolute joke and quiet funny how he was the only umpire that gave out the three for the day. Put it this way he made the other little ump kicking around in our league look like a first class A grade ump haha. And Gene well apart from his 5 goals his biggest highlight was punching someone deliberately in the groin, real real tough.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby biffboy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:07 am

grasshopper22 wrote:Well today was the wettest I think I've seen our oval, was a mess by the end of the game, and what a cracking game it was. In what was a massive win for our boys, we lead all day and out scoring mypo into the wind in the first quarter really helped. But there was an umpire today, first time I've seen him and I never want to see him again, he was an absolute joke and I'm not sure he's all there, yellow cards, red cards, absolute joke and quiet funny how he was the only umpire that gave out the three for the day. Put it this way he made the other little ump kicking around in our league look like a first class A grade ump haha. And Gene well apart from his 5 goals his biggest highlight was punching someone deliberately in the groin, real real tough.

That bad was it Grassy? We were at Jervois & had barely any rain but could see it your way.

Good win for you lads & I'm happy to see it. I'm starting to get the feeling its us chooks, the roos & bears are the top teams atm but I wont write off Mypo with those $ spent.
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:15 am

biffboy wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:Well today was the wettest I think I've seen our oval, was a mess by the end of the game, and what a cracking game it was. In what was a massive win for our boys, we lead all day and out scoring mypo into the wind in the first quarter really helped. But there was an umpire today, first time I've seen him and I never want to see him again, he was an absolute joke and I'm not sure he's all there, yellow cards, red cards, absolute joke and quiet funny how he was the only umpire that gave out the three for the day. Put it this way he made the other little ump kicking around in our league look like a first class A grade ump haha. And Gene well apart from his 5 goals his biggest highlight was punching someone deliberately in the groin, real real tough.

That bad was it Grassy? We were at Jervois & had barely any rain but could see it your way.

Good win for you lads & I'm happy to see it. I'm starting to get the feeling its us chooks, the roos & bears are the top teams atm but I wont write off Mypo with those $ spent.

Yeah water laying on the oval in several places for the whole day, and the wind heavily favouring the scoreboard end. Forgot to mention there was also a nasty concussion to a mypo lad no 29 I think, after a head clash with his team mate. He had to leave in Ambo, so hopefully all is good there.

Some massive margins in the other two games. Did you blokes play really well? Have jervois dropped away.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby biffboy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:47 am

grasshopper22 wrote:
biffboy wrote:

Yeah water laying on the oval in several places for the whole day, and the wind heavily favouring the scoreboard end. Forgot to mention there was also a nasty concussion to a mypo lad no 29 I think, after a head clash with his team mate. He had to leave in Ambo, so hopefully all is good there.

Some massive margins in the other two games. Did you blokes play really well? Have jervois dropped away.

I think 11 goals to zip says the story. Smashed it for 1 quarter then put the que in the rack. Tell ya what, its an odd feeling resting 7-8 ressies players at this time of year & getting a win. Wasn't 6 years ago & we couldn't fill a side
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby stealthbomber » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:14 pm

What is the word on W Abbott at Mypo...seems to be popping up in the best in that league...where did he come from?
stealthbomber

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby bigbadkenny » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:53 pm

gets plenty of the ball, burns the ball bye not hitting targets and doesn't seem to get the hard ball gets but a good outside runner(id have him in my team but wouldn't pay top dollar for him)seems like a good lad
bigbadkenny
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mannum

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:19 pm

stealthbomber wrote:What is the word on W Abbott at Mypo...seems to be popping up in the best in that league...where did he come from?

Handy for sure
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby biffboy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:21 am

Going to be interesting to see how we go this week missing 4 of our top players, mind you the replacements aren't bad. Guess its the bad side of having few injuries so far this year, we don't have many in the ressies that have played seniors this year.

Another wet weekend by the looks which never used to suit us but with Andy Angove & Greeny in the side, we seem to be more comfortable.

Is Brett Baille playing? Heard he got red carded but may have got overturned?
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:20 am

biffboy wrote:Going to be interesting to see how we go this week missing 4 of our top players, mind you the replacements aren't bad. Guess its the bad side of having few injuries so far this year, we don't have many in the ressies that have played seniors this year.

Another wet weekend by the looks which never used to suit us but with Andy Angove & Greeny in the side, we seem to be more comfortable.

Got a reprimand apparently Biff, and yes you blokes have great depth. Ya's aren't the only team with a few out, we lost a lad last wk end for the season due to a shoulder. Him on top of Brunoli and just read the sanfl teams and Smart looks to have been picked by the eagles at this stage.

My thoughts for this wk

Imps 60+
Mannum 33 points
Meningie 5 points
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby biffboy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:46 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
biffboy wrote:Going to be interesting to see how we go this week missing 4 of our top players, mind you the replacements aren't bad. Guess its the bad side of having few injuries so far this year, we don't have many in the ressies that have played seniors this year.

Got a reprimand apparently Biff, and yes you blokes have great depth. Ya's aren't the only team with a few out, we lost a lad last wk end for the season due to a shoulder. Him on top of Brunoli and just read the sanfl teams and Smart looks to have been picked by the eagles at this stage.

My thoughts for this wk

Imps 60+
Mannum 33 points
Meningie 5 points

Brunoli wouldn't be far away now would he?

I reckon Imps by 35
Mannum by 15
Ramblers by 24
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:47 pm

biffboy wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:

My thoughts for this wk

Imps 60+
Mannum 33 points
Meningie 5 points

Brunoli wouldn't be far away now would he?

I reckon Imps by 35
Mannum by 15
Ramblers by 24

Could be season ending I've heard
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby The Panther » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Is it true . Tailem Bend defeated Imperials
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby biffboy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:47 pm

Yeah, I almost tipped it as I thought imps are struggling.

Also & massive win for mypo! Really makes you wonder if a lack of preseason is starting to hurt Mannum as sides seem to run over them in second halves
biffboy
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy