Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Talk on the national game

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:53 am

No. Port have gievn so many reasons they didnt turn up to AAMI. Now they have the stadium they wanted the performances they wanted and they always whinged more about early Sunday games.

Now it is early Sat games they dont like. Your ckub is doing everything right and have every reason to be annoyed by their fans not supporting them.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:56 am

Dutchy wrote:No. Port have gievn so many reasons they didnt turn up to AAMI. Now they have the stadium they wanted the performances they wanted and they always whinged more about early Sunday games.

Now it is early Sat games they dont like. Your ckub is doing everything right and have every reason to be annoyed by their fans not supporting them.

What do you mean, not supporting them?

Membership well over 50,000, 11 game season pass well over 30,000 and an early Saturday afternoon game gets 34,000 against the Bulldogs ( who would be one of, if not the lowest supporter bases in Adelaide ) when this time two years ago Footy Park would have been lucky to see 15-18,000.

Seriously, isn't that supporting the club? I'm happy for you to have a crack ( which you've done pretty regularly ) but at least base it on something worthwhile.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:18 am

10 years ago you would have got 34k at AAMI.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:37 am

Dutchy wrote:10 years ago you would have got 34k at AAMI.

So?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magpiespower » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:47 am

Ten years ago, in a premiership year, the same fixture pulled 26,839.

Previously, they'd only ever drawn 30k once, back in 2000 at Footy Park.

34k was the record crowd between the two clubs...
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Hondo » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:41 pm

Magpiespower wrote:

Without even looking it up as I was about to I could have guessed what you found.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:30 pm

Magpiespower wrote:

How many members back then?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:49 pm

2004 :

Members 36,340

Avg crowd 29,777

I hope you know where you're headed with this......
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:06 pm

will Kane Mitchell definately play this week?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:45 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:will Kane Mitchell definately play this week?

I doubt it.

Hartlett, Cassisi and Impey back in.

Harlett > S.Gray
Impey > Mitchell/Young
Cassisi > Logan....or Logan stays in if Cassisi is not 100%.

They like Young as the sub and Mitchell was subbed at 3/4 time last week after a blast from Hinkley.

I'd say Mitchell will miss the cut. ( At 4:30 this afternoon )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby the joker » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:30 pm

This showdown is massive for crows but almost as big for port. I still think if they lose there is a chance they finish 5th. With how tight it is at the top and in ports last 5 games they play Collingwood, Gold Coast and freo away and Sydney home. That's a very tough draw.
It's going to come down to the wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby valleys07 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:43 pm

the joker wrote:This showdown is massive for crows but almost as big for port. I still think if they lose there is a chance they finish 5th. With how tight it is at the top and in ports last 5 games they play Collingwood, Gold Coast and freo away and Sydney home. That's a very tough draw.

If port are a genuine top 4 side (which I now believe we are), we will beat the pies and beat the suns,

Freo at home poses challenges for any side, but given we have won this season at patersons, it poses no fear., and sydney at home is genuine 50/50.

Not saying your prediction is wrong Joker, but I believe Ken has steeled this group too tight to drop games like sunday, and the first 2 mentioned.

Id back us to finish in the top 4, maybe not minor premier- still have doubts over that one..
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:01 pm

the joker wrote:This showdown is massive for crows but almost as big for port. I still think if they lose there is a chance they finish 5th. With how tight it is at the top and in ports last 5 games they play Collingwood, Gold Coast and freo away and Sydney home. That's a very tough draw.

Being one clear on top is big right now.

Hawthorn finish with : Sydney, Bulldogs, Melbourne, Fremantle, Geelong, Collingwood. ( Tougher than Port's finish )
Sydney finish with : Hawthorn, Essendon, Port, St.Kilda, Bulldogs, Richmond ( Easier, but face Hawthorn and Port )
Fremantle finish with : Sts, Carlton, Geelong, Hawthorn, Brisbane, Port. ( Face Hawthorn and Port )

Ports last 6 are : Melbourne, Collingwood, Sydney, Gold Coast, Carlton, Fremantle.

So Hawthorn or Sydney lose that match up, Hawthorn or Fremantle lose that match up, Port or Sydney lose that match up.

With the Showdown, Essendon and Richmond in the next three then Melbourne, all going well Port should meet Collingwood still a game clear on top.

That match will decide if Port stay top 2 IMO. Beat Collingwood and we will be one clear, the week after either Hawthorn or Sydney have lost.

If we're genuine, I think we are, we should only be looking at the Collingwood, Sydney and Fremantle games as 50/50. The rest should be a "W".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby the joker » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:09 pm

Gold Coast away is a 50/50
But I think if you lose the showdown you will miss top 4

I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Ruben Carter » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:49 pm

the joker wrote:Gold Coast away is a 50/50
But I think if you lose the showdown you will miss top 4

Now I know why you call yourself the Joker - that's a good one... :lol:
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:12 am

Port to recover from the devastation of only pulling 35,000 and winning by 12 goals in the early Saturday timeslot :roll: and to win by 3-4 goals.

I only hope we can find a match up for the 19th man. :lol: :lol:

Devastated I have to work at the game but hopefully it's a cracker and the place is bursting at the rafters.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Anyone want to go today? Got a spare members ticket and none of my mates want to go!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby kickinit » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:58 pm

Wedgie wrote:Anyone want to go today? Got a spare members ticket and none of my mates want to go!

I got offered members tickets today but refused to go. 1 I didn't want to listen to a stupid crow over the loud speaker and 2 I didn't want to listen to stupid crow supporters yell out ball whenever a player is touched.

Crowd might be down today due to the weather, also a incident on the galwer train line. Trains are only running from mason lakes to the city. So anyone that usually catches a train between gawler to and mason lakes has to catch a bus.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:03 pm

Dunni about the weather. I live 5 mins away from the ground and its sunny with a couple of white clouds floating about.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby valleys07 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:59 pm

**** that hurts. That really really ****ing hurts.

Remember those days when the media were pumping us up as a premiership favourite? Put the tag away fellas. We are behind Sydney, Fremantle and Hawthorn and today emphasised that. I'm not for a second saying we are done this season- far from it, but there is still a little way to go before we are out and out the best side.

Im never one to play the blame game and look for excuses- but as soon as Trengove went down, the entire state of the game changed. For a while now, I have felt deep down we are 1 KPP short, and today we went crying for it. Our entire structure went to water with that injury. Would an extra tall have won us the game? no- would it be the difference between top 5 and top 2- definitely!

Adelaide showed today how good a side they can be when it all clicks- but bugger me id hate to see that stuff today in comparison with last week. Ports hunger for the contest just wasnt there today, and we were found wanting, massively.

Is it our flag chances gone? i wouldn't go that far. You can kiss top spot gone, to come home against freo, sydney, collingwood and the coast....far more nervous about the latter 2 than I was a fortnight ago.

As for Adelaide- **** it pains me to say this- well done. Jacobs immense, Thompson continues to hurt when left unrespected, Talia huge on Schulz and Betts a matchwinner.

My top 5:

Travis Boak- Our skipper was massive today, but talk about bugger all support. He and Wines led the mid brigade today. 33 touches (17 contested), 10 clearances, 6 I50's and a goal- brilliant performance on a tough day at the office.

Ollie Wines- Another one to hold his head high. 29 touches (11 contested) and 6 tackles (a stat which we absolutely smashed- shows we were 2nd to the footy for most of the day I think). Love this kid- 19 and a bull around the footy- just no mates today unfortunately.

Jasper Pittard- Plenty of knockers 2 weeks ago, yet the only defender willing to offer significant drive from the back half I thought. 20 touches and 7 R50's (at 92% DE). I think Ken backing this fella in 2 weeks ago when he was at his (potentially) lowest ebb after the swans is significant- and his last 2 games have been great to watch. A real positive to take out of todays game.

Matt White- Did all he could today to break the great wall that was the adelaide back 6 today. That goal in the 1st was special, finished the day with 17 touches, 8 tackles and 5 I50's, respectable numbers for such a dominant AFC back 6. Continued to work hard into space, provided some good link up run. Can hold his head high.

Matty Broadbent- After the 1st 4 it gets pretty bleak- broady's numbers stack up ok. 19 touches and 7 R50's. Often mismatched once Trengove went down, and did well to force the ball boundary side and did everything in his power to generate offensive movement- solid performance.

But how about the names amongst our worst. Lobbe, Ebert, Wingard (1 real stinker and out come the knockers), Polec, Westhoff, Hartlett...shudder at that power fans- We are like waking up with a fithy hangover and a fat sheila "bad" when they all go missing.

Seriously though- what the **** is going on with our umpires this season. Before you Adelaide fans get your knickers in a knot- someone tell me how Dangerfield gets the free for ripping Impey's head off? Someone tell me how Gray wasnt done holding the ball in that 2nd term (could throw a number of calls for HTB in there too)....fair dinkum AFL- get your **** together.

Massive game against the bombers next week. Massive. How we respond will determine where we finish I think. Cant wait to hear Kenny's presser.....hope he tore ****ing shreds off his leaders tonight.

Back to the little hole I go..
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL