HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Country Division

Postby Robran » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:14 pm

Robran wrote:
Cougar wrote:Dene Steele and Tim Aloisi leave Sedan-Cambrai back to Salisbury West

Tim aloisi and matt leigh have left sedan steely will be playing today for sedan..

Daniel hickey has now also left sedan back to sw in the saafl.. big Steve craven wont play again as he has a serious tear in his hammy. Dene steele has decided to stay and stick it out with sedan.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Robran wrote:
Robran wrote:
Cougar wrote:Dene Steele and Tim Aloisi leave Sedan-Cambrai back to Salisbury West

Tim aloisi and matt leigh have left sedan steely will be playing today for sedan..

Daniel hickey has now also left sedan back to sw in the saafl.. big Steve craven wont play again as he has a serious tear in his hammy. Dene steele has decided to stay and stick it out with sedan.

Cravo played for a few weeks with it by the sounds of it.

I hope it doesn't impact upon his summer night owls... :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby saintal » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Gum knocked off Kersbrook for the first time in over a decade I believe.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby doubletrouble » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:21 pm

saintal wrote:Gum knocked off Kersbrook for the first time in over a decade I believe.

They certainly did. Excellent game by the young gumeracha lads.
First time in a lot of years that I have witnessed a gumeracha team play with some actual want and desperation. There was no real big individual efforts just a team of players working for each other. Hopefully a good sign of things to come.
doubletrouble
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Legs Man » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:22 pm

What is the future for Sedan Cambrai?

No wins to date this season and only a few goals total over the last couple of matches.

Is it time for them to consider playing in the C grade comp - or would the travel take it's toll and ultimately see them leave Hills Footy?

Lets hope the HFL in it's wisdom (or lack of) determine a better competition structure across all HFL divisions for 2015.

If they sit on their hands as they did when Callington were in dire straights - it could ultimately see the demise of the club itself.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby cracka » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:09 pm

Legs Man wrote:What is the future for Sedan Cambrai?

No wins to date this season and only a few goals total over the last couple of matches.

Is it time for them to consider playing in the C grade comp - or would the travel take it's toll and ultimately see them leave Hills Footy?

Lets hope the HFL in it's wisdom (or lack of) determine a better competition structure across all HFL divisions for 2015.

If they sit on their hands as they did when Callington were in dire straights - it could ultimately see the demise of the club itself.

What could the league have done to stop Callington folding.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby On The Pine » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:33 pm

Back to Central Legs, where you have been particularly vocal. Sedan have the resources, just need a coach who knows how to coach. Unfortunately, made a poor choice this season. They have a great bunch of young players coming through and if they can recruit appropriately you will see an improvement. The Club will reload for next year with the right decisions to be made by a revamped committee. If that then is a fail, then yes decision time will be upon them.
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:10 am

cracka wrote:

What where the rules at the time? Could the league have voted Callington into C's but kept any junior teams in the Country div? Was it all the clubs decision to keep playing Country and what did they hope to gain by doing so? Not having a go just trying to understand what happened and what options both parties had.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Legs Man » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:36 am

Sorry to hear that the coaching appointment didn't work out at Sedan Cambrai.

I wasn't having a crack at the club as I feel they can be a good contributor - but am worried that without extra assistance and consideration it may be a struggle.

C grade seems a good solution to build from - and one they should consider.

With respect to Callington - the HFL could have nipped the problem in the bud earlier rather allowing them to stay in a competition that was too strong.

Putting them in C grade after the second year of the thrashings may have given them a fighting chance.

Milang have already shown that you can build a club from this level.

I just hope that an equitable situation can be brought to fruition with next seasons structure - across all divisions.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:02 pm

I dont think the league had the power to force Callington into C grade under the by-laws.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Legs Man » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:28 pm

Yes - valid point Cracka.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:48 pm

Apparently Lofty got their score wiped in the 3rd and still won, what the story behind it?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby the wonder elephant » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:03 am

Dutchy wrote:Apparently Lofty got their score wiped in the 3rd and still won, what the story behind it?

Check sporting pulse mate dosnt seem to be the case look a bit weird tho !
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby flanker » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:03 am

After half time Lofty had 19 on the field, so had their score wiped after a count. Were trailing by a goal or so at the time I believe. Probably the worst thing that could have happened from a Maccy perspective as it kicked Lofty into gear after what had been a sluggish game. Also heard Gumeracha were guilty of the same thing on Saturday? A crazy day around the league by the sound of it!
flanker
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Champ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:14 pm

flanker wrote:After half time Lofty had 19 on the field, so had their score wiped after a count. Were trailing by a goal or so at the time I believe. Probably the worst thing that could have happened from a Maccy perspective as it kicked Lofty into gear after what had been a sluggish game. Also heard Gumeracha were guilty of the same thing on Saturday? A crazy day around the league by the sound of it!

Regardless, well done to Maccy who would've learnt a great deal from holding the comeptition heavy weight so close for a major part of the game. Was it fitness or form that caused the end result?
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby doubletrouble » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:35 pm

With only a month of minor round games left what's everyones tip for the mail medal? I'm going with miles from lofty....
doubletrouble
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Kick'n Back » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:27 am

doubletrouble wrote:With only a month of minor round games left what's everyones tip for the mail medal? I'm going with miles from lofty....

I think your right Miles will win easy I think its more of a challenge to who will finish runner-up to him I am predicting Gardiner from Kersbrook.
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby The Gimp » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:51 am

doubletrouble wrote:With only a month of minor round games left what's everyones tip for the mail medal? I'm going with miles from lofty....

Yep, Miles by the length of the straight but think Ben Hanna will poll well.
Luke Snowden has easily been our best player this year but we haven't won enough games for him to trouble the leader board.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby bailey39 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:00 pm

Apparently the Sedan Cambrai-Gumeracha has been move to Cambrai Oval. Im guessing Gumeracha must be in poor condition then?
bailey39
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Hear the roar » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:39 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:
cracka wrote:

What where the rules at the time? Could the league have voted Callington into C's but kept any junior teams in the Country div? Was it all the clubs decision to keep playing Country and what did they hope to gain by doing so? Not having a go just trying to understand what happened and what options both parties had.

There was absolutely nothing the League could have done to stop Callington folding. They certainly did sit on their hands because Callington was a problem they wished would go away years ago. But having said that, they didn't have the power to force Callington into Cs anyway. A club has to want to play Cs and it was an option which could have clearly saved the club. But their committee stubbornly refused and insisted they were worthy of more, despite the efforts of many wise people to convince them otherwise, including excellent discussion on this site. The rest is history now.

I would strongly suggest Sedan-Cambrai look at Cs. S/C appear very similar to Milang. We are a thriving club and live within our means. Most of our away games are 75kms or more but it's worth it to win a few games, feel successful and keep the club culture alive. We have kids little kids running around everywhere who will play juniors for us one day. It also keeps us financially stable and very viable becauseplayers, coaches and trainers don't get paid a cent.
Players win awards. Teams win games. Clubs win Premierships.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Milang

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy