Round 12 - Norwood v Central District - Post Game

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 12 - Norwood v Central District - Post Game

Postby Hazydog » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:17 pm

Why? You only have two options to consider- I'm mulling over 9.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby Dog Day Afternoon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:31 pm

nwdfanparade wrote:
Hazydog wrote:
nwdfanparade wrote:
FRED wrote:We were ordinary but dont tell me umpires cant influence a game.

Did the umpires influence the Grand Finals the Doggies won or it is that the umpires only influence the games that the Doggies lose?

Good question. Can't really answer though - been too many in the last 14 years to distinguish one from the other :lol:

And it is also hard to distinguish between George Bush snr and George Bush jnr or Gulf War 1 and Gulf War 2 :roll:

Remind me - who were the umpires in the Gulf Wars?
Dog Day Afternoon

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby maxyoz » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Rowston, Dey and Williams.
Punk Rooster wrote:I can't believe that a topic that is quite clearly trolling has elicited a 3 page response....
maxyoz
Under 18s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 36 times
Grassroots Team: Kimba Districts

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Hazydog wrote:
nwdfanparade wrote:

Did the umpires influence the Grand Finals the Doggies won or it is that the umpires only influence the games that the Doggies lose?

Good question. Can't really answer though - been too many in the last 14 years to distinguish one from the other :lol:

Your memory is ahem hazy? ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby leggies » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:35 pm

nwdfanparade wrote:
Hazydog wrote:
nwdfanparade wrote:

And it is also hard to distinguish between George Bush snr and George Bush jnr or Gulf War 1 and Gulf War 2 :roll:

Wtf?
leggies
Under 16s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Hazydog » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:32 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Hazydog wrote:
nwdfanparade wrote:

Your memory is ahem hazy? ;)

regards,

REB

Very much so nowadays! The benefit being I'll be able to forget the last couple of seasons pretty easily.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby wild dog » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:53 pm

Norwood were good and much more composed in the conditions. Played a great defensive game and made the break to attack skilfully and well executed. Centrals had their opportunities, but too many lace out passes to the opposition caused havoc. I took more out of the game than the score line indicates considering we play the ground poorly, and welcome the opportunity to play them at the Ponderosa.

Why we did not choose Dutschke is a mystery. He would have added that desperation but probably was not the difference.

Freezing night with comedy relief from the weslo and the two bobs.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:29 pm

nwdfanparade wrote:
Hazydog wrote:
nwdfanparade wrote:

And it's hard to distinguish between Troll and Idiocy
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby SDK » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Umpires again ruined the game with stupid free kicks pulled out of their arse. Not one of those guys know a thing about football as they never have played a game between them.
Norwood were too good but I thought Centrals tried their guts out but lacked the composure of Norwood.
Personally I would rate Centrals worthy of finishing in the finals but will be hard from here.
Norwood continue to improve and are a real threat in the finals. Long way to go yet but one of 4 who have a chance this year.
Big game against the Eggs in a few weeks and that will decide if the Redlegs can snatch a top 3 spot. Always respectful of the Eagles but I believe Norwood is capable of beating any team now.
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby passionatelegsfan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:35 am

I went to the game. Personally I am over night football fullstop. You would have thought that after 30 years the novelty would have worn off. But obviously a lot of people still get a woody over it given the amount of night games we have to endure. But for me I don't enjoy the freezing cold so I will always prefer during the day. As for the game itself it was a good old fashioned slog but Centrals no where near in the same league. The game was over umpired with Centrals coming of much better than norwood. But norwood are used to getting the rough end of the stick from the umps. In two weeks norwood play the eagles which will be for 3rd spot. If norwood win that then you would think that only the port power reserves stand in the way of a norwood 3 peat. How ironic if norwood went down to Port Power reserves in the GF. We vote them in and it ends up costing them a premiership. I guess our board won't be to upset though, as long as the club gets its dividend from the AFL teams.
passionatelegsfan

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby nwdfanparade » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:45 pm

passionatelegsfan wrote: ... Personally I am over night football fullstop. ....

Night games are ok early or late in the season but not in the middle. The chances of the weather conditions encountered Friday night are too great.
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 148 times

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:07 pm

nwdfanparade wrote:
passionatelegsfan wrote: ... Personally I am over night football fullstop. ....

Night games are ok early or late in the season but not in the middle. The chances of the weather conditions encountered Friday night are too great.

yep the SANFL continuing down the path of shooting itself in the foot with very poor fixturing.

i had thought they had got the fixtures a bit better this year but as each week goes on the fixture is looking worse and worse.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby dedja » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:59 pm

passionatelegsfan wrote:I went to the game. Personally I am over night football fullstop. You would have thought that after 30 years the novelty would have worn off. But obviously a lot of people still get a woody over it given the amount of night games we have to endure. But for me I don't enjoy the freezing cold so I will always prefer during the day. As for the game itself it was a good old fashioned slog but Centrals no where near in the same league. The game was over umpired with Centrals coming of much better than norwood. But norwood are used to getting the rough end of the stick from the umps. In two weeks norwood play the eagles which will be for 3rd spot. If norwood win that then you would think that only the port power reserves stand in the way of a norwood 3 peat. How ironic if norwood went down to Port Power reserves in the GF. We vote them in and it ends up costing them a premiership. I guess our board won't be to upset though, as long as the club gets its dividend from the AFL teams.

Arrogant much? ... don't rate Sturt?
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby Douglas Mawson » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:21 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:
Douglas Mawson wrote:Nwd 8: 11
Dogs 4.7

Centrals to miss the finals for first time since 1999. The end of the era.

Tell me something i already did not know.

I will stick to my statement from the begining of the the year if Central win 4 to 6 games it will be a very good year !

I am a realist this is not the same team as say three years ago.

The key word is have a guess.

REBUILDING !

In that context it was interesting listening to 5RPH on Friday night. Either Cross and Co had only researched 3 names (which I expect was definitely not the case) or there was a dominance by 3 (only) Dogs players in getting around the ball. The names Thomas, Waldhuter and Schiller were the only ones called time and again.
Douglas Mawson
Rookie

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby JK » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:16 am

Heard Jenner's name quite a bit
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:47 am

Heard Jenner's name a lot too. He was either busy, or it was someone else.

About what I expected Friday night. Norwood are starting to look good and we are a very inexperienced and inconsistent team.

If any radio commentary teams want me for special comments, I'm happy to oblige ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:04 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Heard Jenner's name a lot too. He was either busy, or it was someone else.

About what I expected Friday night. Norwood are starting to look good and we are a very inexperienced and inconsistent team.

If any radio commentary teams want me for special comments, I'm happy to oblige ;)

There's a spot going on Life FM

It's on the show immediately after the footy. Next week they are discussing umarried mothers ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby wild dog » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:50 pm

passionatelegsfan wrote:I went to the game. Personally I am over night football fullstop. You would have thought that after 30 years the novelty would have worn off. But obviously a lot of people still get a woody over it given the amount of night games we have to endure. But for me I don't enjoy the freezing cold so I will always prefer during the day. As for the game itself it was a good old fashioned slog but Centrals no where near in the same league. The game was over umpired with Centrals coming of much better than norwood. But norwood are used to getting the rough end of the stick from the umps. In two weeks norwood play the eagles which will be for 3rd spot. If norwood win that then you would think that only the port power reserves stand in the way of a norwood 3 peat. How ironic if norwood went down to Port Power reserves in the GF. We vote them in and it ends up costing them a premiership. I guess our board won't be to upset though, as long as the club gets its dividend from the AFL teams.

Centrals possessions were higher but Norwoods ruck dominance, lack of turnovers and discipline to structure was the difference. If that means your opposition is not in the same league then the season may still hold some surprises for you.

As for the umpires, Norwood managed a few goals from frees directly in front which were hard to justify. Frees ended up 24 a piece, with a fair amount of equalling up in the last. Umpires weren't the difference, but to suggest Norwood were somehow penalised is plain old sh*t stirring with a rough stick.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL