The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby spell_check » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Tech1 wrote:It's painful seeing comments coming up after every port game on facebook, sometimes free speech should be retracted if you really are a complete moron with no knowledge of what you're talking about. The amount of people that say "cue the whinging" "cue the no afl in the sanfl" or "how come you didn't complain when the afl players where helping you win" or "we deserved the allowances we have because the SANFL owed us for moving us to Ethelton" .

"how is this any different to Centrals winning flag after flag...Norwood found a way to lift to their standard, the other clubs should now too"
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:41 pm

spell_check wrote:
Tech1 wrote:It's painful seeing comments coming up after every port game on facebook, sometimes free speech should be retracted if you really are a complete moron with no knowledge of what you're talking about. The amount of people that say "cue the whinging" "cue the no afl in the sanfl" or "how come you didn't complain when the afl players where helping you win" or "we deserved the allowances we have because the SANFL owed us for moving us to Ethelton" .

"how is this any different to Centrals winning flag after flag...Norwood found a way to lift to their standard, the other clubs should now too"

Give us $3m a year extra on our cap and we will
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby spell_check » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Jim05 wrote:
spell_check wrote:

Give us $3m a year extra on our cap and we will

Exactly
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby Tech1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:25 pm

spell_check wrote:

Yup that's another one that comes up all the time, god bless the ignorant.
Tech1
Rookie

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:54 pm

I notice that "you'll just have to get better" argument never comes up when discussing all things AFL. Then it's about equalisation, salary caps, equity of the draw, stadium deals and blaming anyone but themselves for their woes. There's no mirrors down at Foulberton
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Aerie » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:03 pm

I did start writing this in the Sturt vs Port thread, but quickly realised it was a big whinge...

Another game decided by the ridiculous advantages Port have been given with the top ups. How can Nathan Krakouer be allowed to play as a top up. Age 26, 2 AFL clubs, not a Port junior.

Sturt did well. I was hoping for a win for them. Unfortunately it is looking more and more likely that the Power Reserves will be one of the Grand Finalists this year. You could have hid the mess under the carpet, for this season at least, if Port and Adelaide were mid-table or below, but season 2014 (and beyond if they don't change it) will have a massive asterisk next to it as a wasted season because winning or losing against the AFL clubs means absolutely nothing.

This is worse than Lance Armstrong and the drugs in Le Tour de France. At least the majority of riders were on the same thing back then. This SANFL season has been recommended and ratified by the SANFL Commission and its League Directors.

I will admit I was very wrong in giving this a go and LPH, Centurion, smac, whufc and co were spot on from the start. It doesn't feel right going to the football any more.

I don't care about Channel 7. I don't care about high priced recruits. I don't care about being the 2nd best competition. I don't care about the full time staff behind the scenes. I care about a level playing field and my team competing in a competition with integrity. There is simply no integrity while AFL Reserves teams are competing in the SANFL.

I think it was premature writing the SANFL off as what it was and extremely incompetent by those who made the decision to ignore/dismiss the guiding principles when coming to the decision to allow the change.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby LPH » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:11 pm

Aerie, you will remember the 'old woman' sitting down @ the front of the room @ the WWT Information Night:
To paraphrase; She said, "What about Port Adelaide in all this? Watch out for them, you can't trust them..."
Slaven's response was (again paraphrased);
"They will have the same conditions as the Crows. They won't get anything different, they will lose everything..."

Once again Kurt, you have been hoodwinked.

BTW, I take no pleasure in being proven right - once the decision was made, I was hoping for the opposite (i.e. extra 4000 every week to Cows Reserves Games, a thriving competition & 'fun' at SANFL Games), sadly, many on here predicted this current farcical situation. AFLSA is within sight :(
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Mic » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:12 pm

LPH wrote:Aerie, you will remember the 'old woman' sitting down @ the front of the room @ the WWT Information Night:
To paraphrase; She said, "What about Port Adelaide in all this? Watch out for them, you can't trust them..."
"They will have the same conditions as the Crows. They won't get anything different, they will lose everything..."

BTW, I take no pleasure in being proven right - once the decision was made, I was hoping for the opposite (i.e. extra 4000 every week to Cows Reserves Games, a thriving competition & 'fun' at SANFL Games), sadly, many on here predicted this current farcical situation. AFLSA is within sight :(

Similar thing happened at North's Information Night.

When a guy asked about Port, the response was almost the same (something along the lines of not giving in to Port's demands, which was met by applause from many members).

A couple months later, North, and 6 other clubs, gave Port exactly what they wanted.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Aerie wrote:I did start writing this in the Sturt vs Port thread, but quickly realised it was a big whinge...

Another game decided by the ridiculous advantages Port have been given with the top ups. How can Nathan Krakouer be allowed to play as a top up. Age 26, 2 AFL clubs, not a Port junior.

Sturt did well. I was hoping for a win for them. Unfortunately it is looking more and more likely that the Power Reserves will be one of the Grand Finalists this year. You could have hid the mess under the carpet, for this season at least, if Port and Adelaide were mid-table or below, but season 2014 (and beyond if they don't change it) will have a massive asterisk next to it as a wasted season because winning or losing against the AFL clubs means absolutely nothing.

This is worse than Lance Armstrong and the drugs in Le Tour de France. At least the majority of riders were on the same thing back then. This SANFL season has been recommended and ratified by the SANFL Commission and its League Directors.

I will admit I was very wrong in giving this a go and LPH, Centurion, smac, whufc and co were spot on from the start. It doesn't feel right going to the football any more.

I don't care about Channel 7. I don't care about high priced recruits. I don't care about being the 2nd best competition. I don't care about the full time staff behind the scenes. I care about a level playing field and my team competing in a competition with integrity. There is simply no integrity while AFL Reserves teams are competing in the SANFL.

I think it was premature writing the SANFL off as what it was and extremely incompetent by those who made the decision to ignore/dismiss the guiding principles when coming to the decision to allow the change.

Yes Aerie most of us astute long time followers of the SANFL had an inkling and are absolutely correct.

Fellow posters grab a hold of todays Sunday Mail 29/6/2014.

Page 69

Letters to the editor " ACT OF BETRAYAL "

A great letter having a go at Leigh Whicker and John Olsen.

Comment please Whicker Olsen Burtenshaw Trigg Tripodi and the gang of six !!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Macca19 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:32 pm

Aerie wrote:I did start writing this in the Sturt vs Port thread, but quickly realised it was a big whinge...

Krakouer hasn't played for an AFL or state league club for 2 years, as is the rule.
Macca19
League - Best 21

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Dols » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:38 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:

Yes Aerie most of us astute long time followers of the SANFL had an inkling and are absolutely correct.

Fellow posters grab a hold of todays Sunday Mail 29/6/2014.

Page 69

Letters to the editor " ACT OF BETRAYAL "

A great letter having a go at Leigh Whicker and John Olsen.

Comment please Whicker Olsen Burtenshaw Trigg Tripodi and the gang of six !!!!!
james fowler of nuriootpa, what a poor misguided, uninformed soul.
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Macca19 wrote:

Krakouer hasn't played for an AFL or state league club for 2 years, as is the rule.

This is one of the rules that will changed at the end of the year hopefully. Summerton, Krakouer and co should be forced out at seasons end and both clubs should not be allowed any topup players who have ever played at any state league level
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:52 pm

Thats been my main argument this whole time.

Maybe the salary cap has to go and at least then the richer of the 8 real SANFL clubs can go crazy and try and compete with the multi million dollar football corporations.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:57 pm

whufc wrote:

Maybe the salary cap has to go and at least then the richer of the 8 real SANFL clubs can go crazy and try and compete with the multi million dollar football corporations.

For me its far easier to put the brakes on the 2 AFL clubs.
Just make it that all their top up players must be under 21 and have not played AFL or in any state league, simple.
This would bring them right back to the pack
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:58 pm

LPH wrote:Aerie, you will remember the 'old woman' sitting down @ the front of the room @ the WWT Information Night:

agree, im happy for the SANFL to go down any path provided its to the benefit of the SANFL competition and the 8 real SANFL clubs.

im really struggling to go to any games, the comps done to me.

It currently feels like its on life support with a terminal illness, its living.......... but its not really living is it
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:

Just make it that all their top up players must be under 21 and have not played AFL or in any state league, simple.

Unfortunatly i dont see the SANFL having the balls to change any of the AFL clubs conditions.

And imho it makes the comp even more mickey mouse that we are having to artificially give teams different rules and regs to keep the comp even.

We are becoming what the AFL is (the WWE of the Aussie Rules world)
whufc
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:06 pm

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:

Unfortunatly i dont see the SANFL having the balls to change any of the AFL clubs conditions.

And imho it makes the comp even more mickey mouse that we are having to artificially give teams different rules and regs to keep the comp even.

We are becoming what the AFL is (the WWE of the Aussie Rules world)

Can definately see rule changes.
Several clubs are making plenty of noise, just a pity they didnt make the same noise 12 months ago
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:08 pm

They did............................................................

and then they backflipped.
whufc
Coach

Postby sjt » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:17 pm

The games against the professionals shouldn't be for points.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:17 pm

whufc wrote:They did............................................................

and then they backflipped.

Not all backflipped, some were quite happy going along with it from the start.
Atleast 4 clubs were more than happy with them joining, a couple of these are the ones making some noise now
Jim05
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL