Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Talk on the national game

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Postby westcoastpanther » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Booney wrote:
cennals05 wrote:
kickinit wrote:I got offered members tickets today but refused to go. 1 I didn't want to listen to a stupid crow over the loud speaker and 2 I didn't want to listen to stupid crow supporters yell out ball whenever a player is touched.

kickinit wrote:but if you are a true supporter then you would support your club not matter who they where playing.

So now we know you're not a true supporter.

Support is one thing, attending/not attending the game for various reasons is another.

I think he's referring to people not attending SANFL games where the Crows side is involved, or indeed not following the side at all anymore, or indeed changing the club you support.

Good selective editing though, must have taken you a while? :lol:

Absolute muppet this bloke, not going because there will be opposition fans there, weak as piss. If you were so confident in your side you would have went and enjoyed the win, telling them how clueless they really are all day. Not a supporters asshole....
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby TEX07 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:02 pm

valleys07 wrote:Or have Adelaide opened up the little cracks that we have glued over for the best part of 14 weeks? Secret to beating port- smash their smalls. Wingard unsighted, Gus fought a nil all draw against Smith, and S.Gray/White/R.Gray didnt have anywhere near the scoreboard influence we needed them too. Our need for a 3rd tall is beginning to get critical to our hopes of a premiership. Westhoff goes missing and Schulzy (whilst I love him), is only good for 2-3 against the really measily defenders of the competition.

Before the game I thought the only way we would win is if the Power had a bad day and we had a great one - this occured after half time. Sometimes it seems like things dont fall your way - Wingard had two freaky shots at goal off the ground that could have bounced either way - this week they went the wrong way (kind of like Monfries goal last year). Losing Trengove when you did hurt too - he left gaps that your sub was never there to fill IMO. Umpiring was rubbish - happy it was on my sides favour but still hate seeing this in any game. Honestly dont think it would have changed the result but always makes winning questionable when its so heavily favourable to one side over another.

While watching the game last night with a power supporter he mentioned he would rather see Wingard get more footy and contribute week in week out than be the "X" factor in crunch games - tend to agree, the kid has so much talent but seems to pop in and out of games - granted can win you a game in ten minutes of football, I was thinking at three quarter time he could still kill us in the last just glad he didnt!
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:22 pm

Despite the sensational 2013 Wingard had, he is only 50 odd games into what appears to be a very classy career. He can be excused for having an off day yesterday.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:32 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Booney wrote:
Yep, Port haven't been settled for several weeks, since Polec went down against Hawthorn we've had Boak, Hartlett, Cassisi, Impey and now Trengove and Carlile miss some time.

I'd rather this little run of bad luck and niggling little injuries be in round 15 when we are second on the ladder and not in a semi-final.

Don't under estimate Cassisi missing from our back half, he is the general down there and free's up Broadbent and Hartlett to set up the play.

Essendon (H), Richmond (A), Melbourne (H) all very winnable and loseable games in the next three weeks for Port.

Will be interesting to see how we structure up in the back half in coming weeks.

A genuine top 4 side would not drop games against Richmond or Melbourne.

Or Essendon, we are junk.
Thanks Cows, now we have to cop the pricks in a bad mood next week. Could be very ugly
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby TEX07 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:39 pm

Booney wrote:Despite the sensational 2013 Wingard had, he is only 50 odd games into what appears to be a very classy career. He can be excused for having an off day yesterday.

And I cant thing of anyone who had a better first 50 games - I was only repeating what was said to me - thats the thing about him I guess is that he has so much impact with fewer possessions, the fact that he hadnt done much at three quarter time was what had me nervous - it is never beyond him to kick three goals in ten minutes and kill a side off.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:19 pm

TEX07 wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Or have Adelaide opened up the little cracks that we have glued over for the best part of 14 weeks? Secret to beating port- smash their smalls. Wingard unsighted, Gus fought a nil all draw against Smith, and S.Gray/White/R.Gray didnt have anywhere near the scoreboard influence we needed them too. Our need for a 3rd tall is beginning to get critical to our hopes of a premiership. Westhoff goes missing and Schulzy (whilst I love him), is only good for 2-3 against the really measily defenders of the competition.

Before the game I thought the only way we would win is if the Power had a bad day and we had a great one - this occured after half time. Sometimes it seems like things dont fall your way - Wingard had two freaky shots at goal off the ground that could have bounced either way - this week they went the wrong way (kind of like Monfries goal last year). Losing Trengove when you did hurt too - he left gaps that your sub was never there to fill IMO. Umpiring was rubbish - happy it was on my sides favour but still hate seeing this in any game. Honestly dont think it would have changed the result but always makes winning questionable when its so heavily favourable to one side over another.

While watching the game last night with a power supporter he mentioned he would rather see Wingard get more footy and contribute week in week out than be the "X" factor in crunch games - tend to agree, the kid has so much talent but seems to pop in and out of games - granted can win you a game in ten minutes of football, I was thinking at three quarter time he could still kill us in the last just glad he didnt!

Yep good post Tex.

No doubt the loss of Trengove hurt. Is massive for our overall structure- and there is no kidding ourselves that we lost our way without him back there.

Agree with Wingard too. Whilst he has had the best start to a career that I can remember, I am not a fan of him drifting in an out of games like he has a few times this year. I agree with Boon, he can be excused for having the off week (all stars do), but would definitely like to see him influence the contest more around the middle of the ground, not just bob up after a quiet day and kick 2-3 to win.

I'm not going to talk about the standard of umpiring in fear of being branded a sore loser, but forget yesterday, one can not sit here an definitively say they understand and agree with the holding the ball rule. It stinks and needs to be changed.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:22 pm

Two completely baffling decisions yesterday.

Dangerfield getting Impey caught holding the ball.

Gray not getting caught holding the ball.

:-?? :-?? :-??
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Johno6 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:20 pm

didn't the replay show gray give a quick handball?

im not 100% sure, so if anyone wants to post up the video.

holding the ball is a whole new topic tho, so inconsistent..
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:05 pm

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Anyone want to go today? Got a spare members ticket and none of my mates want to go!

I got offered members tickets today but refused to go. 1 I didn't want to listen to a stupid crow over the loud speaker and 2 I didn't want to listen to stupid crow supporters yell out ball whenever a player is touched.

Crowd might be down today due to the weather, also a incident on the galwer train line. Trains are only running from mason lakes to the city. So anyone that usually catches a train between gawler to and mason lakes has to catch a bus.

Lol and you have the gall to call some players front runners.

And question how much of a supporters others are.

At least alot of us aren't going to games for a genuine reason

I've been to every crows game this season bar the last two because I have been in Germany, and got up early to watch all our games on live stream whilst over here.

If you are talking about centrals well I'm glad your wife lets you go and see multiple games of football a week but mine sure doesn't!

How many games have you missed again?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:10 pm

My post was directed at kickinit not you

Sorry for the confusion
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:15 pm

whufc wrote:My post was directed at kickinit not you

Sorry for the confusion

Whoops, I thought it was my post quoted. My bad.

Play on.

Port are shit now crows are flag favourites?

:)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby the joker » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:51 pm

Jim05 wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Booney wrote:
Yep, Port haven't been settled for several weeks, since Polec went down against Hawthorn we've had Boak, Hartlett, Cassisi, Impey and now Trengove and Carlile miss some time.

I'd rather this little run of bad luck and niggling little injuries be in round 15 when we are second on the ladder and not in a semi-final.

Don't under estimate Cassisi missing from our back half, he is the general down there and free's up Broadbent and Hartlett to set up the play.

Essendon (H), Richmond (A), Melbourne (H) all very winnable and loseable games in the next three weeks for Port.

Will be interesting to see how we structure up in the back half in coming weeks.

Thanks Cows, now we have to cop the pricks in a bad mood next week. Could be very ugly
no trengove or carlile. I would put Hurley up forward and try put the defenders under huge pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:33 pm

the joker wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Booney wrote:

no trengove or carlile. I would put Hurley up forward and try put the defenders under huge pressure

We have lost Fletcher and Hibberd our two best defenders. Hurley and Carlisle will probably have to go back.
Havnt got much to come in either as our ressies are junk aswell
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stan » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:38 pm

Jim05 wrote:
the joker wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:[quote="Booney"]

We have lost Fletcher and Hibberd our two best defenders. Hurley and Carlisle will probably have to go back.
Havnt got much to come in either as our ressies are junk aswell[/quote]

Daniher could be a handful but just a bit raw at the moment.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby kickinit » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:41 pm

whufc wrote:And question how much of a supporters others are.

At least alot of us aren't going to games for a genuine reason

cennals05 wrote:So now we know you're not a true supporter.

First off I'm a paid up member and have only missed 3 games this year due to work (my tickets have been used those 3 games as well by someone else). Secondly Yesterday wasn't a Port home game. Thirdly instead of going because of my reason stated earlier I instead spent the day down at Alberton, were I had lunch and a few beers with mates watching the footy. Yes that's right I spent the day putting money back into my club. My club got more out of me yesterday then they would off if I was at AO.

Tell me again how I didn't support my club yesterday
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Using bad grammar and thereby perpetuating the Port Adelaide supporter stereotype.

Its all I got :D
bennymacca
Coach

Postby TEX07 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:52 pm

Booney wrote:Two completely baffling decisions yesterday.

Dangerfield getting Impey caught holding the ball.

Gray not getting caught holding the ball.

:-?? :-?? :-??

Agreed - the other I thought was soft was when Jaensch was knocked off the ball - Jaensch took a dive and the ump got sucked into that one!
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:55 pm

got no sympathy for those off the ball ones. even if it was a bit soft you only have yourself to blame.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby TEX07 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:58 pm

bennymacca wrote:got no sympathy for those off the ball ones. even if it was a bit soft you only have yourself to blame.

It was a brief elbow to the back - Jaensch sucked the player into it then made it look worse by falling forward. agreed players need to be smarter but I am of the opinion its better to win a hard ball than one like this. I hate that in the modern game.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby kickinit » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:12 pm

bennymacca wrote:Using bad grammar and thereby perpetuating the Port Adelaide supporter stereotype.

Its all I got :D

That's better then using your dole check to buy apricot slice. :lol:
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL