HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:15 pm

groovster wrote:A quick calculation of the Central Shield reveals (JC, SC, B and A)
Bridgewater 80pts
Echunga 76pts
Tvalley 62pts

So will the big $$$s spend by T Valley be worth it to avoid relegation (if relegation still exists for 2015?). If relegation didnt exist would TValley still have spent those $$$s on player/s or invested it elsewhere?

(stand to be corrected on points, have applied 10 for A wins, 5 for B wins 3 for SC wins and 2 for JC wins...I believe this is correct..)

Nearly correct - as per the by-laws, Senior Colts wins are the same a B-Grade (5 points).
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby groovster » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:46 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
groovster wrote:A quick calculation of the Central Shield reveals (JC, SC, B and A)
Bridgewater 80pts
Echunga 76pts
Tvalley 62pts

So will the big $$$s spend by T Valley be worth it to avoid relegation (if relegation still exists for 2015?). If relegation didnt exist would TValley still have spent those $$$s on player/s or invested it elsewhere?

(stand to be corrected on points, have applied 10 for A wins, 5 for B wins 3 for SC wins and 2 for JC wins...I believe this is correct..)

Nearly correct - as per the by-laws, Senior Colts wins are the same a B-Grade (5 points).

cheers Elmer...

Its therefore:

Bridgewater 94
Echunga 84
Tvalley 64
groovster
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby cracka » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:55 pm

2 weeks in a row Onkas have hit the front in the last quarter only to lose in the last 5 minutes. Bloody frustrating.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby groovster » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:01 pm

cracka wrote:2 weeks in a row Onkas have hit the front in the last quarter only to lose in the last 5 minutes. Bloody frustrating.

Now you know how I felt watching Hahndorf blow their lead against your mob to lose in the last 5 mins!
groovster
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Howard » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:37 pm

One Club Player wrote:This money issue is such a difficult one. Unfortunately in many ways football has become about recruiting the most cashed up sponsors. I don't think anyone likes it and all clubs have contributed to the problem at some time or another. Some suggestions I think they could try:

1. Stick to the points system - clubs should only get extra points if the other clubs agree - 2/3's majority or something like that
2. Increase the points difference between bottom and top - give top less not bottom more
3. Reduce a players points at a slower rate from year to year
4. On top of the points restriction limit the number of new players (other than juniors) a club can recruit - a club like Uri's who have been top for so long recruiting a Delvins (I think that's his name?) this year just doesn't seem right. That's just an example not knocking them in particular as they obviously do a lot right in terms of retaining players
5. Clubs sign up to a code of conduct regarding player payments - with the clubs themselves enforcing breaches. Eg a max per any single player is set at $x per game - if 2/3rds of clubs feel a club has breached then they can be stripped of premiership points or removed from the comp

There is no single silver bullet that will fix the issue but perhaps a combination of measures might have an impact.

I don't feel 'sorry' for the dumb clubs who continually spend buckets of money on players, for no results. It's up to the clubs to stop the ridiculous amounts offered, if the champion plays elsewhere, so be it.
When the hair on your arse starts to smell like burning grass - you're on fire!
Howard
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:47 pm

groovster wrote:
Bridgewater 80pts
Echunga 76pts
Tvalley 62pts

cheers Elmer...

Its therefore:

Bridgewater 94
Echunga 84
Tvalley 64

So the bottom 2 sides are safe? :shock:
Strange system, or have they just been left out?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Legs Man » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:05 pm

Heard a rumour that TV are looking at merging with Birdwood.

Anyone else know anything on this and if it is simply hearsay?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby overthehill » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:49 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
groovster wrote:
Bridgewater 80pts
Echunga 76pts
Tvalley 62pts

cheers Elmer...

Its therefore:

Bridgewater 94
Echunga 84
Tvalley 64

So the bottom 2 sides are safe? :shock:
Strange system, or have they just been left out?

I was just think the exact opposite. Imagine if either Onka Valley or Hahndorf went down to Country Division? I think that would be an absolute disaster for the HFL. Both have a week A grade side this year but are strong in all other grades. Hahndorf probably have the strongest junior club in the HFL and even have 2 under 13 and under 15 sides!
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby flanker » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Legs Man wrote:Heard a rumour that TV are looking at merging with Birdwood.

I've also heard this around the traps, heard that Gums may be involved too.... will be interesting to see if anything comes of it,
flanker
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:09 pm

overthehill wrote:I was just think the exact opposite. Imagine if either Onka Valley or Hahndorf went down to Country Division? I think that would be an absolute disaster for the HFL. Both have a week A grade side this year but are strong in all other grades. Hahndorf probably have the strongest junior club in the HFL and even have 2 under 13 and under 15 sides!

Similar to Mount Lofty going down
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:37 pm

overthehill wrote:I was just think the exact opposite. Imagine if either Onka Valley or Hahndorf went down to Country Division? I think that would be an absolute disaster for the HFL. Both have a week A grade side this year but are strong in all other grades. Hahndorf probably have the strongest junior club in the HFL and even have 2 under 13 and under 15 sides!

Actually, nothing like Mt Lofty at all.

Lofty were poor across most grades last year, hence they finished bottom of the total points ladder (in addition to winning the A and B grade wooden spoons). If they were strong in all other grades they would have stayed up.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:19 am

The Birdwood Eden Valley Mount Torrens Springton Mount Pleasant Mountain Roosters?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Legs Man » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:00 am

The Birdwood Eden Valley Mount Torrens Springton Mount Pleasant Mountain Roosters?

I wonder if the money man would still be funding them?

Perhaps it is a ploy to: A) get more points - again, B) gain more money for paying players, C) Have a reason to stay in Central with the possible relegation.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Sniper » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:13 pm

Legs Man wrote:

I wonder if the money man would still be funding them?

Perhaps it is a ploy to: A) get more points - again, B) gain more money for paying players, C) Have a reason to stay in Central with the possible relegation.

Assuming Mt Lofty go up ..... based on the current club points table, TV (or any club representing them) won't have a spot in Central Div next year.
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby Legs Man » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:29 pm

Wonder if they will still be paying O'Sullivan $2k + per match in Country div?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Champ » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Actually, nothing like Mt Lofty at all.

Lofty were poor across most grades last year, hence they finished bottom of the total points ladder (in addition to winning the A and B grade wooden spoons). If they were strong in all other grades they would have stayed up.

This is very interesting but one things for sure no clubs going down without another fight and set of extraordinary meetings....
In my opinion the unlucky ones would be Echunga who in their first year up have been competitive in their senior colts and a'grade. Its always going to be a case of getting use to things, attracting juniors and locals in your first year up. However the A's could play finals and be relegated..
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Legs Man » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:03 pm

If the HFL allowed Echunga to be relegated - they should be sacked as administrators immediately.

Echunga is already proving itself as a worthy addition to the Central comp.

it was however apparent when the HFL was determining whether they should be allowed up this year that it wasn't something they wanted to happen easily.

Some hidden agendas by the HFL seemed quite evident - especially when querying junior numbers etc.

Effectively they didn't trust what Echunga was putting forward as already determined junior numbers. (while they expect hills clubs to trust them after their track record of mismanagement - particularly at a junior level - absolute joke!)

Thankfully they were proven wrong with Echunga fielding all junior grades and attracting disgruntled and overflow juniors from other Central sides.

Surely there needs to be a provision in place to enable sides coming up to have a minimum of 2 - 3 seasons prior to being up for relegation.

Without this it becomes a waste of time and effort when positioning a club and gaining junior and senior recruits.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Legs Man wrote:If the HFL allowed Echunga to be relegated - they should be sacked as administrators immediately.

Echunga is already proving itself as a worthy addition to the Central comp.

Surely there needs to be a provision in place to enable sides coming up to have a minimum of 2 - 3 seasons prior to being up for relegation.

Without this it becomes a waste of time and effort when positioning a club and gaining junior and senior recruits.

No offence.....but are you serious? Are you really suggesting that Echunga should be immune from relegation?

Just to be clear, the HFL doesn't decide who gets relegated. This is based on a HFL by-law (as voted for by clubs). In fact, it was this by-law that saw Echunga promoted.

Echunga's relegation outcome is totally controlled by them and their on-field results across all grades.

Maybe I've misinterpreted your point (apologies if I have), but surely your not suggesting that sides that finish above Echunga in the Club Shield should be relegated instead as Echunga are owed something?
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Postby The Panther » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:12 pm

I want us ( Echunga) to stay up, but the rules are the rules . So lets keep accumulating points so it is "inconsiquential" to us.

In saying this the system needs an overhaul as it is not consistent between the grades.

Maybe a survey could be run by the HFL asking all clubs what they are after from the HFL.

eg. Central Division, to remain in country division, to go back to just senior and junior colts ( no under 13's) .

This may give a better understanding of how many clubs want to go up to central , how smaller clubs forsee their future etc. Then the HFL can devise a plan for the future and accomadate their clubs.
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby cracka » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:26 pm

The Panther wrote:I want us ( Echunga) to stay up, but the rules are the rules . So lets keep accumulating points so it is "inconsiquential" to us.

In saying this the system needs an overhaul as it is not consistent between the grades.

Maybe a survey could be run by the HFL asking all clubs what they are after from the HFL.

eg. Central Division, to remain in country division, to go back to just senior and junior colts ( no under 13's) .

This may give a better understanding of how many clubs want to go up to central , how smaller clubs forsee their future etc. Then the HFL can devise a plan for the future and accomadate their clubs.

They are in the process of doing that.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy