What Game Are You Playing Now?

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:37 am

HH3 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:Anyone with a PS3 and Playstation Plus subscription!!!!
NBA2K14 is currently free for download for the month of June!

how much is to subscribe?

And is the game worth it?

I haven't played it, but I know @Johno6 is a fan. Im not into basktetball at all, so prob wont get it.

PS Plus is $30ish for 3 months. You get a heap of free games.

The PS3 games are usually better. Recently they've had Bioshock: Infinite, Uncharted 3, etc.

PS4 is getting a lot of arcadey games coz there aren't enough full fledged games to justify giving them away for free yet. Also, you need PS Plus to play online on PS4.

It pays for itself once you download one game.

cheers for that... when i'm on next i'll do it...
not huge on Basketball but for $30 i'll get it and whatever else it has on there.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3036 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:40 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:Anyone with a PS3 and Playstation Plus subscription!!!!
NBA2K14 is currently free for download for the month of June!

how much is to subscribe?

And is the game worth it?

I haven't played it, but I know @Johno6 is a fan. Im not into basktetball at all, so prob wont get it.

PS Plus is $30ish for 3 months. You get a heap of free games.

The PS3 games are usually better. Recently they've had Bioshock: Infinite, Uncharted 3, etc.

PS4 is getting a lot of arcadey games coz there aren't enough full fledged games to justify giving them away for free yet. Also, you need PS Plus to play online on PS4.

It pays for itself once you download one game.

cheers for that... when i'm on next i'll do it...
not huge on Basketball but for $30 i'll get it and whatever else it has on there.

Yep I'm thinking the same. I reached the last licence bracket for GT6 last night. So won't be far away from completing that.

Probably should get my PS3 hooked up to the internets now.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:44 am

heater31 wrote:
Yep I'm thinking the same. I reached the last licence bracket for GT6 last night. So won't be far away from completing that.

Set aside a couple of hours if this is the first time you're hooking the internet up.

Every game you play is gonna have heaps of updates and shit. ESPECIALLY Gran Turismo. I went to play GT5 after a couple of months of not playing it, and ended up not playing coz it had hours of updates to download.

Once thats all done, online is worth it though.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby heater31 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:43 pm

HH3 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Set aside a couple of hours if this is the first time you're hooking the internet up.

Every game you play is gonna have heaps of updates and shit. ESPECIALLY Gran Turismo. I went to play GT5 after a couple of months of not playing it, and ended up not playing coz it had hours of updates to download.

:shock:

There goes my internet quota for the month.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:07 pm

heater31 wrote:
HH3 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

:shock:

There goes my internet quota for the month.

It really just depends on how many updates the developers have made since your copy was made.

Some games have **** all updates. Some have stupid amounts that sometimes dont even make a difference in the game.

Once everythings up to date, theres a few every now and then, but they'll be pretty small, and only take a couple of minutes. That is, unless you dont play the game for ages. Then they build up.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:23 pm

Nba 2k14 is def worth it.
I used to play my player heaps which was really good but changed up to my team mode now.
If ya want I can't try explain what is involved in them. But I would suggest getting it.

Nba2k14 on the ps4 shits all over this tho.
If you have a ps4 I would pay the $100 for it.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:17 pm

Finished watchdogs yesterday. Amazing game. Loved every bit of it
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:44 pm

mighty hounds wrote:Finished watchdogs yesterday. Amazing game. Loved every bit of it

I finished it last Friday night. A bit underwhelmed to be honest. Its a decent game, but the amount of hype its been getting for the last 2 years, I thought it would have been better.

I didnt really find the story that interesting, and the mission structures are very similar. You could put pretty much any cutscene before any mission and it would still make sense.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:07 pm

Wolfenstein-The Last Order PS3

I'm having a ball, slowly working through it, next day turn it on to play and it deletes my Story. So I start it again, go past where I was, Die, won't restart.
Holy shit, I'm not doing it again, but plenty of reports about it happening on all systems. I don't know what to do, probably take it back and just get another game.
Sooooo dissapointed
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:31 pm

@woodublieve12

Have you got MLB 14 The Show yet. I've only just noticed its out on PS4. Dont know how long its been out though.

In other news, I got Killzone: Shadow Fall on the weekend. Im a HUUUGE Killzone fan, and this one is awesome to look at. One of the few Next Gen exclusive titles, which meant they didnt have to dumb down the graphics to make it easily transfered to last Gen specs.

The story's a bit different. More of a strategic game than the last ones, which were straight forward shoot em ups. Bit of a Dead Space feel in some parts (zero gravity inside a spaceship level).

I like how there's no map to tell you where enemies are, and no markers to point them out either. The forest areas are intense to have a gun battle, coz if you lose sight of someone, you're ******. And they also come from every direction, so you have to keep your head on a swivel.

The multiplayers pretty good. I only played a bit of it, but its a lot different from Battlefield. Customizable Warzones seem cool, but I haven't given them a crack yet.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:23 pm

HH3 wrote:@woodublieve12

Have you got MLB 14 The Show yet. I've only just noticed its out on PS4. Dont know how long its been out though.

In other news, I got Killzone: Shadow Fall on the weekend. Im a HUUUGE Killzone fan, and this one is awesome to look at. One of the few Next Gen exclusive titles, which meant they didnt have to dumb down the graphics to make it easily transfered to last Gen specs.

The story's a bit different. More of a strategic game than the last ones, which were straight forward shoot em ups. Bit of a Dead Space feel in some parts (zero gravity inside a spaceship level).

I like how there's no map to tell you where enemies are, and no markers to point them out either. The forest areas are intense to have a gun battle, coz if you lose sight of someone, you're ******. And they also come from every direction, so you have to keep your head on a swivel.

The multiplayers pretty good. I only played a bit of it, but its a lot different from Battlefield. Customizable Warzones seem cool, but I haven't given them a crack yet.

Sure do mate. I'm only on PS3... Probably been out for a month or so...

Been playing 'the association' on NBA2K14 lately. It goes alright, enjoy it. In the playoff. Just knocked off the heat 4-1 ni the first round. Seeded #8 i am...

What's career mode like?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:34 pm

if you asking about career mode on nba it is sic man, you have to do it.
I did it flat out on 2k12 and 2k13, so I took a break and did the my team for a while.
but its a lot of fun,
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:18 am

:lol:

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby tipper » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:56 pm

just finished downloading sniper elite 3 on PC this morning, so i suspect ill spent the weekend head (or nut) shooting nazi's. :lol:

the first two were good, although the first has extremely dated graphics now. looking forward to it, and the co op side of the game. i suck at pvp :oops:
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby HH3 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:43 am

Ive been playing Trine 2: The Complete Story the last few days. I downloaded it when it was free with Playstation Plus a few months ago, and only just got around to playing it.

Good side-scrolling, puzzle solving platform game. The graphics are awesome. And the gameplay is enjoyable too. It doesn't feel too repetitive because there is always another problem to solve. Its not just run and fight, run and fight.

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:50 pm

I need to get a new headset/mic for the PS3.

ANy suggestions or feedback on any ones you guys have?

cheers
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:01 pm

@johno6

I didn't like the Playstation brand one that looks like a douchebag bluetooth thingo. The battery dies too often and the sound is too low.

We have a Turtle Beach PLA headset that plugs into the USB port as well as the audio out ports on our TV. So you get the game audio as well as chat through the headset. Good to use at night coz you can crank it up and no one can hear it.

It works on PS3 and PS4, so you wont need to upgrade if you ever get around to getting a PS4.

Also, because it plugs in, there's never any need to charge it, which is annoying with other headsets.

We got ours from JB's for about $40. I think I saw it in EBs as well for about the same price.

https://ebgames.com.au/ps3-159056-Turtl ... yStation-3 (can probably get it cheaper in store)

159056_detail_v2.jpg
159056_detail_v2.jpg (62.52 KiB) Viewed 711 times
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:23 pm

yeah ive just got the Bluetooth douchebag one atm
its a piece of shit that cost me $30 ive just never gotten around to buyin better ones.

will have a look this weekend at them, cheers mate!
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:25 pm

https://ebgames.com.au/ps3-159056-Turtl ... yStation-3

this is them yeah?

how long is the cord?
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:27 pm

If you look a bit closer, I already posted that link for you mate. ;)

Cords about 2m-3m.

Yes its the same one.

You're welcome. Any time.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets