SANFL Club Finances

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:09 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Grahaml wrote:
UK Fan wrote:I wonderif trigg took into account SANFL clubs losing revenue due to the afl reserves in his 18 months worth of research.

Especially now these Victorian owned entities want more revenue out of Adelaide Oval. Because a $7 million uplift in revenue for them obviously isnt enough .

What's Trigg got to do with it? Not his comp and he didn't have a vote. He was looking after the interests of his own club, something 6 clubs failed (IMHO) to do.

Because this was triggs vision for a better sa football. This was how he sold this to the league.

Trigg researched and presented this set up to be beneficial to all involved.Not just this is the best thing For Adelaide FC. He also stated he would not endorse a crows reserve team without unamious support from sanfl clubs. He then manipulated pressured bribed and lied to gain 6 out of 8 SANFL presidents to support his Vision.

How any South Australian would deliberately and maliciously go out of their way to weaken the Oldest football league in Australia for their own selfish gain is beyond me.

He is SA footballs Gordon Gecko.

Trying to make trigg blameless in all this is like saying it wasn't hitlers fault for WW2. He was just doing what he thought best for Germany. Its the germans who voted him into powers fault IMHO !!

You'll note triggs counterpart at port Adelaide wanted nothing to do with this.

And now trigg wants extra revenue out of sa football for his Victorian owned club. Without taking into account/miscalculating the massive losses SANFL clubs would incur due to his vision for sa football.

Seems a stuff up to me wouldn't you say.

firstly, lol at hitler reference. i wonder where trigg's SS soldiers are?

if you think trigg was making stuff up (painting the best possible picture maybe, blatantly lying i doubt it), shouldnt the due diligence of the SANFL board members have prevented this? they had long enough to make up their minds, this was not a spur of the moment thing. it cant be all the AFL's fault when it was the SANFL that let them in.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Gozu » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:23 pm

That's the thing with all this I don't like it but all the SANFL clubs know how much they were bleeding money (according to Rucci, living beyond their means he called it) the Crows came dangling a carrot and in their wisdom the SANFL clubs decided to take it.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby RB » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:38 pm

Gozu wrote:That's the thing with all this I don't like it but all the SANFL clubs know how much they were bleeding money

Mine wasn't. Made a profit in 2012, all the while spending $1m on a new foyer.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:59 pm

bennymacca wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Grahaml wrote:
UK Fan wrote:I wonderif trigg took into account SANFL clubs losing revenue due to the afl reserves in his 18 months worth of research.

Especially now these Victorian owned entities want more revenue out of Adelaide Oval. Because a $7 million uplift in revenue for them obviously isnt enough .

What's Trigg got to do with it? Not his comp and he didn't have a vote. He was looking after the interests of his own club, something 6 clubs failed (IMHO) to do.

Because this was triggs vision for a better sa football. This was how he sold this to the league.

Trigg researched and presented this set up to be beneficial to all involved.Not just this is the best thing For Adelaide FC. He also stated he would not endorse a crows reserve team without unamious support from sanfl clubs. He then manipulated pressured bribed and lied to gain 6 out of 8 SANFL presidents to support his Vision.

How any South Australian would deliberately and maliciously go out of their way to weaken the Oldest football league in Australia for their own selfish gain is beyond me.

He is SA footballs Gordon Gecko.

Trying to make trigg blameless in all this is like saying it wasn't hitlers fault for WW2. He was just doing what he thought best for Germany. Its the germans who voted him into powers fault IMHO !!

You'll note triggs counterpart at port Adelaide wanted nothing to do with this.

And now trigg wants extra revenue out of sa football for his Victorian owned club. Without taking into account/miscalculating the massive losses SANFL clubs would incur due to his vision for sa football.

Seems a stuff up to me wouldn't you say.

firstly, lol at hitler reference. i wonder where trigg's SS soldiers are?

Brebner drive west lakes.

With 5AA and Advertiser in charge of propaganda
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:01 pm

Gozu wrote:That's the thing with all this I don't like it but all the SANFL clubs know how much they were bleeding money (according to Rucci, living beyond their means he called it) the Crows came dangling a carrot and in their wisdom the SANFL clubs decided to take it.

Only one club in sa living above their means for years sucking $12.5 mill out of SANFL .

And It wasn't a SANFL club.

Btw SANFL inc is debt free could easily help 8 clubs out of any future financially difficulties and it wouldn't cost $12 mill . And it wouldn't be a band aid solution just to keep creditors away for the time being.

Plus the sale of AAMI stadium in the next 2-5 years. SANFL financially is fine now we have got rid of our financial burden.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:17 pm

maxyoz wrote:
But I reckon $600k in the red like Glenelg is not a great place to be.

Im sure the GFC would love to only be in $600k in debt. According to the 2013 Annual Report it is $3.5m, and that would have been before we got the council to loan us another $500k.

With the disaster of the AFL teams coming into the league and low crowds due to on field performances, Glenelg are in a world of hurt.

But we got $50k from the Crows :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby wild dog » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:37 pm

bennymacca wrote: if you think trigg was making stuff up (painting the best possible picture maybe, blatantly lying i doubt it.

You doubt it? Come on benny, jump off that fence. Do you mean that Trigg did not lie, or your gut instinct tells you that he didn't. Take for example Trigg's public statements:
The 4000 extra spectators from the C***s which was then altered to 4000 spectators per game; a lie?
The threat to enter the Ammos; a lie?
The unanimous decision required by the SANFL clubs; a lie?

Is one a lie. Put together, is it a lie. Is conning people a lie, or is it just salesmanship.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 pm

wild dog wrote: Do you mean that Trigg did not lie, or your gut instinct tells you that he didn't

a lie is different to saying you think something might happen when you know for sure it plainly wont

wild dog wrote:The 4000 extra spectators from the C***s which was then altered to 4000 spectators per game; a lie?

i believe it was always 4000 total supporters, if you can show me a quote otherwise im happy to be corrected. now obviously that was wildly optimistic, but trigg doesnt make these figures out of thin air. obviously someone did some estimates and attempted to work it out, but i honestly believe they thought they would get 4k per game.

making wrong predictions does not mean you lied. it could mean you did. or you could just be wrong.

wild dog wrote:The threat to enter the Ammos; a lie?

both leverage to get what he wanted. he was acting in the best interests of his club, which is what i want him to do.

dont forget it was up to the SANFL clubs to let the crows into the comp.

now im the first to admit that i dont think it has worked out that well. it definitely hasnt been a disaster, but you can pretty certainly say it hasnt been a positive for the league. and im sure it is below their expectations. it is in the crows interest for the sanfl to be going well too.

so i would conclude part salesmanship, part bad estimates. can you blame trigg for that? certainly. it seems like the crowd numbers of 4k (let alone an extra 4k) have been wildly inaccurate. but i dont think he would deliberately lie.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby RB » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:30 pm

bennymacca wrote:but i dont think he would deliberately lie.

He's a man of honesty and unblemished personal integrity, that's for sure. :lol:
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:31 pm

RB wrote:

He's a man of honesty and unblemished personal integrity, that's for sure. :lol:

well i agree with you on that. still think the crows should have gotten rid of him.

watched footy classified monday night and caro had the rumour that he was off to either brisbane or carlton to be ceo and he has the blessing of the afl to take either job
bennymacca
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:43 pm

bennymacca wrote:
RB wrote:

well i agree with you on that. still think the crows should have gotten rid of him

Why do you think they didn't?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby UK Fan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:57 pm

bennymacca wrote:
wild dog wrote: Do you mean that Trigg did not lie, or your gut instinct tells you that he didn't

a lie is different to saying you think something might happen when you know for sure it plainly wont

wild dog wrote:The 4000 extra spectators from the C***s which was then altered to 4000 spectators per game; a lie?

i believe it was always 4000 total supporters, if you can show me a quote otherwise im happy to be corrected. now obviously that was wildly optimistic, but trigg doesnt make these figures out of thin air. obviously someone did some estimates and attempted to work it out, but i honestly believe they thought they would get 4k per game.

making wrong predictions does not mean you lied. it could mean you did. or you could just be wrong.

wild dog wrote:The threat to enter the Ammos; a lie?

both leverage to get what he wanted. he was acting in the best interests of his club, which is what i want him to do.

dont forget it was up to the SANFL clubs to let the crows into the comp.

now im the first to admit that i dont think it has worked out that well. it definitely hasnt been a disaster, but you can pretty certainly say it hasnt been a positive for the league. and im sure it is below their expectations. it is in the crows interest for the sanfl to be going well too.

so i would conclude part salesmanship, part bad estimates. can you blame trigg for that? certainly. it seems like the crowd numbers of 4k (let alone an extra 4k) have been wildly inaccurate. but i dont think he would deliberately lie.

Myself and kurt Tippett disagree that trigg wouldn't lie.

He leveraged lied and manipulated everyone to disadvantage everyone in sa football so the crows could benefit.

Children in this state should be taught to protect this states treasures not sell them out for personal gain.

The man is a disgraceful human being
Last edited by UK Fan on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:59 pm

once again ridiculous hyperbole on this forum. pretty standard.

JK because he was stubborn and didnt want to admit he stuffed up
bennymacca
Coach

Postby areaman » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:45 pm

bennymacca wrote:so i would conclude part salesmanship, part bad estimates. can you blame trigg for that? certainly. it seems like the crowd numbers of 4k (let alone an extra 4k) have been wildly inaccurate. but i dont think he would deliberately lie.

Interesting take on the crowd number estimate. Most people who opposed the move on this site tried in vain to get a certain D Burtenshaw to justify the figures. The ducking and diving would have made a seasoned politician proud. We all knew it was crap 12 months ago.

Only a very generous person would say they were genuine about the crowd numbers. They just said what they thought club directors wanted to hear.

And they swallowed it. Hook, line and sinker.
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:50 pm

surely it is up to them to do their due diligence though before committing to such a huge change though correct?

would be interested in what the average crowds are now that the winter months have settled in. obviously nowhere near 4k. ill ask in the whinge thread
bennymacca
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:14 am

bennymacca wrote:surely it is up to them to do their due diligence though before committing to such a huge change though correct?

would be interested in what the average crowds are now that the winter months have settled in. obviously nowhere near 4k. ill ask in the whinge thread

Not that easy when you've got the commissioners and sponsors threatening you not to do due diligence and follow the status quo.

Yet again if trigg had any care for the welfare of sa football he should never of presented this farce. He like all of us knew what would happen to this league if approved. Simple fact is he doesn't care.

The man is a Disgrace!!

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:57 am

Sorry benny I got it out of d burtenshaw on here that the 4k figure was a pure gut feel estimate and no research had been done

I do agree the SANFL clubs played there own part as well unfortunatly
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:49 am

bennymacca wrote:once again ridiculous hyperbole on this forum. pretty standard.

JK because he was stubborn and didnt want to admit he stuffed up

But once the truth came out, why then didn't the board release him? Maybe had something to do with him taking the bullet and saving some other hides?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby areaman » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:41 am

bennymacca wrote:surely it is up to them to do their due diligence though before committing to such a huge change though correct?

Does the same logic apply to the financial gains to be made from the move to Adelaide Oval?
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:53 am

Sure does. For the afl clubs to claim they want more money when they have had record crowds staggers me. They should be rolling in it shouldn't they?
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL