Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Jeebus, give em a chance! How long has it been repealed, 5 minutes?

or have they announced that they won't?

We could say the same for electricity companies then too!

QANTAS - have announced they wont be passing on the savings of no Carbon Tax on to the price of tickets

I would give em a chance, but they are the ones who said it!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Jeebus, give em a chance! How long has it been repealed, 5 minutes?

QANTAS - have announced they wont be passing on the savings of no Carbon Tax on to the price of tickets

add that to the list to why i won't fly qantas again!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:04 pm

and the carbon tax vote just failed again in the senate
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:06 pm

See I've only just discovered QANTAS again after not flying with them for 10 years.

I've found that for the best part, their prices are very comparible and you get more benefits (ie; food and entertainment included)

In saying that, I probably wouldn't fly them to Melbourne for a 50 minute trip if the others were cheaper but you get the idea.

FOr example - Flight to Sydney

Qantas : $160 includes luggage, meal and telly, no hidden costs, just $160 plus whatever their booking fee is.

Jetstar: $124, only includes carry on - pay an extra $30 to get meal and to choose your seat but still no luggage, then add $8.50 per flight for some other fee and it doesn't work out much different.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:08 pm

Qantas are only good if you need to check in bags.

Internationally emirates is awesome
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:09 pm

Footy Chick wrote:See I've only just discovered QANTAS again after not flying with them for 10 years.

I've found that for the best part, their prices are very comparible and you get more benefits (ie; food and entertainment included)

In saying that, I probably wouldn't fly them to Melbourne for a 50 minute trip if the others were cheaper but you get the idea.

Qantas : $160 includes luggage, meal and telly, no hidden costs, just $160 plus whatever their booking fee is.

Jetstar: $124, only includes carry on - pay an extra $30 to get meal and to choose your seat but still no luggage, then add $8.50 per flight for some other fee and it doesn't work out much different.

All inclusive costs with Qantas are often very favorable compared to the budget airlines.

Like you said, over to Melbourne for a night or two with carry on, go cheap and cheerful. Going somewhere for a week with a suitcase, Qantas every time.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:14 pm

bennymacca wrote:Qantas are only good if you need to check in bags.

Internationally emirates is awesome

Qantas are very good as I fly with golf clubs on a semi regular basis (basically any time I fly to see the parents the golf clubs are in tow) no issues.

Emirates is meh for me, internationally the A380 enjoyable experience but their Boeing's are hunks of junk....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:18 pm

Clive Palmer has thrown a last-minute curveball at the Abbott government by announcing his senators will delay a Senate vote on the carbon tax.

The Palmer United Party had an agreement with the government to support amendments that guarantee savings from the abolished tax are passed on to consumers and business.
But on Thursday, after supporting a government move to bring on a vote at 11.50am, Mr Palmer announced changes to his own amendments.
The amendments provoked a "violent reaction" from the government, he told reporters in Canberra.
"There are no circumstances that we'd be voting today for the carbon tax repeal."
One of the key changes is a penalty imposed on entities that do not pass on savings to gas and electricity customers.

The penalty would be 250 per cent of the saving that has not been passed on.
It also removes reference to "domestic" electricity and gas customers, potentially leaving it open for companies to be penalised if they don't pass on savings to overseas customers.
The definition of "entity", which replaces "corporation", is expanded to include individuals and "any party or entity which can or does buy or sell electricity or gas".
The time in which entities have to give the consumer watchdog a notice they are complying with price cuts has been set at 30 days after the bill gains royal assent.
Entities face a $34,000 fine if they don't comply - double the original fine.
The time in which customers must get notice of electricity and gas price savings has been reduced from 90 days to 30 days.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby gossipgirl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:21 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

I wonder in reality if any companies will reduce prices once the carbon tax is gone :( but Tony said they will so will all be ok :D
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:29 pm

true, but you don't come out publically and say you wont pass on the savings

surely that's bad for business
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:33 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:true, but you don't come out publically and say you wont pass on the savings

surely that's bad for business

Have you seen that peanut that is in charge of the whole show??? I'm not surprised at this at all. How can you trust a bloke that has held high ranking positions at several major airlines...
heater31

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:08 pm

Booney wrote:Clive Palmer has thrown a last-minute curveball at the Abbott government by announcing his senators will delay a Senate vote on the carbon tax.

The Palmer United Party had an agreement with the government to support amendments that guarantee savings from the abolished tax are passed on to consumers and business.
But on Thursday, after supporting a government move to bring on a vote at 11.50am, Mr Palmer announced changes to his own amendments.
The amendments provoked a "violent reaction" from the government, he told reporters in Canberra.
"There are no circumstances that we'd be voting today for the carbon tax repeal."
One of the key changes is a penalty imposed on entities that do not pass on savings to gas and electricity customers.

The penalty would be 250 per cent of the saving that has not been passed on.
It also removes reference to "domestic" electricity and gas customers, potentially leaving it open for companies to be penalised if they don't pass on savings to overseas customers.
The definition of "entity", which replaces "corporation", is expanded to include individuals and "any party or entity which can or does buy or sell electricity or gas".
The time in which entities have to give the consumer watchdog a notice they are complying with price cuts has been set at 30 days after the bill gains royal assent.
Entities face a $34,000 fine if they don't comply - double the original fine.
The time in which customers must get notice of electricity and gas price savings has been reduced from 90 days to 30 days.

Hahahahaha!!! I wish Abbott joy with that Senate - it's going to be like trying to contain a three-headed dog. Also, I swear Palmer is f***ing with him on purpose. I'm actually quite looking forward to Sir Tony's next media appearance now.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Quite ironic given one of his election promises what to have a more "stable" government, in both lower and upper houses
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:42 pm

I'm pretty sure I heard on a radio flash that there is some concern that childrens human rights are being neglected when they get sent to the naughty corner? :lol: :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:44 pm

Booney wrote:I'm pretty sure I heard on a radio flash that there is some concern that childrens human rights are being neglected when they get sent to the naughty corner? :lol: :lol:

its front page of the Advertiser!

and kids don't deserve Human Rights - in the sense of the naughty corner
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:14 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Booney wrote:I'm pretty sure I heard on a radio flash that there is some concern that childrens human rights are being neglected when they get sent to the naughty corner? :lol: :lol:

My 2yo spends half his life in the naughty corner. Little shit is testing out his boundaries at the moment
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:25 pm

The Ash Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

My 2yo spends half his life in the naughty corner. Little shit is testing out his boundaries at the moment

Chip off the ol' block :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:48 pm

The Ash Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Only 16 more years of testing to go :lol:
heater31

Postby HH3 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:11 pm

A couple of World Cup gifs hit the spot

I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Animus » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Footy Chick wrote:See I've only just discovered QANTAS again after not flying with them for 10 years.

The biggest issue i have with Virgin & Qantas is that the 23kgs check in they give you is for 1 bag only whereas Jetstar let you check-in as many items as you want up to the weight limit...it is a drama for interstate gigs with lots of equipment to take, the $$ for extra baggage adds up pretty quickly on Virgin/Qantas but Jetstar aren't overly reliable.
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion