Under 18 penalties.

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Under 18 penalties.

Postby Cohiba » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:26 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Cohiba wrote:
Taking on board what you've said my point was more that I think giving an offender a taste of what it is like at your end of the sharp stick it could create bigger problems for a lad that in all probability would be woefully unprepared and lacking the knowledge to umpire indeed peers, ie U 16's and up without some timely and intense umpire training...

I feel whilst in theory it has merit but believe time and his preference to get back on the paddock asap.....that this would be difficult to implement.
Unfortunately the example set by more senior players does often influence the youngsters on behaviour patterns...good and bad...... Education at the Junior level is where IMO the problem should be tackled.

I guess I was more looking at it from a point of view where the offender would be under the guidance of a mentor.

Maybe the player behaviours haven't changed over time, but our allowance of what is acceptable has. I remember playing Under 17's back in the early 90's and it was hard football and very hostile at times.

Very much so. Almost tribal.

Agree our tolerance is far towards undisciplined behaviour than it was "way back" in my day. Sometimes it just a case of commit the crime...do the time. The smart ones learn pretty quickly....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:i could sit here for days and talk about why todays young males act this way but im to lazy and who wants to read a big ass story

1.Parents let there kids get away with so much more these days
2.schools
3.government

these 3 things are the problem not one of them has any balls to stand up to punish the kids or wont

it will only get worse but the ferals and thats what they are will get done at the tribunal and hopefully get life bans no place for thugs in football

Yeah, I blame our education system. People cannot even grasp the basic principles of the English language. They cannot tell the difference between "OF" and "OFF" or "TO" and "TOO". What hope have we got?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:01 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:i could sit here for days and talk about why todays young males act this way but im to lazy and who wants to read a big ass story

2.schools
3.government

these 3 things are the problem not one of them has any balls to stand up to punish the kids or wont

it will only get worse but the ferals and thats what they are will get done at the tribunal and hopefully get life bans no place for thugs in football

Yeah, I blame our education system. People cannot even grasp the basic principles of the English language. They cannot tell the difference between "OF" and "OFF" or "TO" and "TOO". What hope have we got?

maybe i should start calling you sarah hanson young
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:50 pm

2.schools
3.government

Yeh, I blame "the man" too
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:07 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

2.schools
3.government

maybe i should start calling you sarah hanson young

You can call me anything you like, but please get some grip on the English language. Every time I read your posts I get a head ache :cry:
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby beeroclock » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:ingle farm under 18s player got 3 red cards in the one game and he got of sorry

Was that the Payneham game?
Last edited by beeroclock on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby beeroclock » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Sorry to pinpoint this kid Farmer folk, but WTF did he do to get 8 games?
Cooper Blokland - Investigation - Ingle Farm - U18R - Engaging in a Melee - Intentional - Guilty - 4
Cooper Blokland - Investigation - Ingle Farm - U18R - Engaging in rough conduct against an opponent in which the circumstances is unreasonable
Intentional - High - Severe - Guilty - 4

I don't know the full story exactly what happened, all i've heard is that a bit of a scuffle or "Melee" broke out in the U18's game against Salisbury towards the end of the match, several lads were involved, but from what i'm told the runner from Salisbury went into it, Cooper grabbed the runner by the scruff of the neck and launched him from the pack.

Cooper is a sized lad and very strong so not suprised the runner apparently went flying.

It's a real shame because the kid is a gun full forward.

My guess is the league is cracking down hard on these things especially in the 18's to perhaps stamp out any nonsense at a young age hence the severe penalty? Dont know.

Sorry, but wrong PG.
Cooper never touched the runner.
Runner got flung out of the scuffle by another player after he tried to pull Coops and the Salisbury lad apart while they were on the ground.
Runner should never had man handled Coops whilst the two players were wrestling each other on the ground.
Especially by grabbing Coops by the hair and head.
Case should never had gone to the tribunal.
No reports made by the umpires.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby beeroclock » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:39 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:ingle farm under 18s player got 3 red cards in the one game and he got of sorry

You can't get 3 red cards in one game, you'd be sent off for the rest of the game

Plus, you certainly wouldn't get off. There's an automatic suspension (1 or 2 games??) is that right?

the same night you seen me down at thebbie there was a under 18s kid from ingle farm all 3 of them said he got 3 red cards the umpire also said that to me while sitting outside then when it was all said and done the kid was very happy with him self to have got of after getting 3 red cards and yes you can get unlimited amount of red cards

he recieved 2 red cards from the side lines yelling out abuse

Umpire stuffed this one up.
Blamed the wrong player for mouthing off and gave a 25 or 50 mtr penalty against him. Which ever one it is these days.
Player tried to plead his innocence but kept getting a mouthful from the umpy to shut up and things escalated verbally.
Eventually sent off yelling and screaming telling the ump he was a dope,which I'm using kind words.
Umpire was a dope and antagonised things but there was no excuse for the player continuing his antics off of the ground.
True story.
But hey,
It's never the umpires fault.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby beeroclock » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:49 pm

2.schools
3.government

So naive.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:42 am

i'm still confused how you can 3 red cards in one game!! I'm pretty sure when you get one red card it's game over for said person!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:10 am

beeroclock wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

You can't get 3 red cards in one game, you'd be sent off for the rest of the game

Plus, you certainly wouldn't get off. There's an automatic suspension (1 or 2 games??) is that right?

the same night you seen me down at thebbie there was a under 18s kid from ingle farm all 3 of them said he got 3 red cards the umpire also said that to me while sitting outside then when it was all said and done the kid was very happy with him self to have got of after getting 3 red cards and yes you can get unlimited amount of red cards

he recieved 2 red cards from the side lines yelling out abuse

Umpire stuffed this one up.
Blamed the wrong player for mouthing off and gave a 25 or 50 mtr penalty against him. Which ever one it is these days.
Player tried to plead his innocence but kept getting a mouthful from the umpy to shut up and things escalated verbally.
Eventually sent off yelling and screaming telling the ump he was a dope,which I'm using kind words.
Umpire was a dope and antagonised things but there was no excuse for the player continuing his antics off of the ground.
True story.
But hey,
It's never the umpires fault.

In what world isn't that the player's fault?

Everyone who has ever played the game has copped awful decisions! Learning when to shut up and cop it is an essential skill moving forward in footy
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:56 am

and in life.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby morell » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:02 am

It's the first sign that you know you're old when you start complaining about the young kids these days, with the notion that they're any different to how you were when you were younger.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:22 am

jo172 wrote:Everyone who has ever played the game has copped awful decisions! Learning when to shut up and cop it is an essential skill moving forward in footy

Well said! =D> =D>
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:23 am

morell wrote:It's the first sign that you know you're old when you start complaining about the young kids these days, with the notion that they're any different to how you were when you were younger.

I won't argue with that - but I grew up to respect my elders, I stood up for old people and the disabled on the bus, I dared not talk back to adults, I didn't feel the need to use the C Bomb in every sentence and I was very aware that I can't always get my own way in life.

Cant say that for many kids now.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:31 am

Footy Chick wrote:I won't argue with that - but I grew up to respect my elders, I stood up for old people and the disabled on the bus, I dared not talk back to adults, I didn't feel the need to use the C Bomb in every sentence and I was very aware that I can't always get my own way in life.

Must mean i'm getting super old too then :((

Interesting though that some things today seem to be more widely accepted or tolerated in society than years gone by - the swearing for instance, I would feel like a rebel if i dropped the F bomb back in the day, but would never ever dare say it in front of an adult and even to this day I wont swear in front of my mum, the C bomb was always considered far too extreme and not even flirt with saying that one, but now people barely bat an eyelid when half a dozen are dropped in a 5 minute conversation :?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:38 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I won't argue with that - but I grew up to respect my elders, I stood up for old people and the disabled on the bus, I dared not talk back to adults, I didn't feel the need to use the C Bomb in every sentence and I was very aware that I can't always get my own way in life.

I, but would never ever dare say it in front of an adult and even to this day I wont swear in front of my mum, the C bomb was always considered far too extreme and not even flirt with saying that one,

ditto - yet my cousin and brother (both 15 years my junior) will freely drop F Bombs in front of our grandmother.

Footy Chick

Postby Jase » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:29 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

I, but would never ever dare say it in front of an adult and even to this day I wont swear in front of my mum, the C bomb was always considered far too extreme and not even flirt with saying that one,

ditto - yet my cousin and brother (both 15 years my junior) will freely drop F Bombs in front of our grandmother.

You should give them both a slap...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby beeroclock » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:56 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
jo172 wrote:Everyone who has ever played the game has copped awful decisions! Learning when to shut up and cop it is an essential skill moving forward in footy

Well said! =D> =D>

Just thought the full facts would handy.
Yeh he should have shut up after being wrongly yellow carded for someone else's mouthing off.
If he didn't question why he did get yellow carded in the first place then he wouldn't have received a red card.
Then the ump wouldn't have been told what a knob he was being and the second red card would have been avoided.
Simple I guess in the moment.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby morell » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:02 pm

Yeah but when I was younger saying "bloody" or "shit" in front of adults was considered heinous. Back when my mum was young "bugger" was a terrible word. Back when her mum was young she couldn't wear a bathing suit in public!

Point is, society and it's standards change over time. It is the role of the youth of the day to push those limits, test them and alter them to their needs. The issue is that as you get older you keep your own set of standards but society has moved on.

So its not that kids today are bad, they're just matching and pushing the line, just as we all did when we were younger, just as your parents did when they were younger. The issue you have with kids these days has nothing to do with the actual kids, it is in fact reflected in your bathroom mirror.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League