SANFL Club Finances

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Postby RB » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:21 am

It was only the directors who were hoodwinked. Didn't listen to their members.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 766 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:22 am

No, it was peer pressure. No one in their right mind would think those crowds were genuine possibilities.
"Try this drug, man. It'll be good for you. It'll change your life, your outlook, it will make you strong and charismatic; heck man, it'll even make you rich. Everyone's doing it, look at the WAFL? The VFL? They're doing it. You don't want to be left out, do you?"
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:23 am

Sorry, that appears about stream of consciousness, doesn't it?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:28 am

Dogwatcher wrote:No, it was peer pressure. No one in their right mind would think those crowds were genuine possibilities.
"Try this drug, man. It'll be good for you. It'll change your life, your outlook, it will make you strong and charismatic; heck man, it'll even make you rich. Everyone's doing it, look at the WAFL? The VFL? They're doing it. You don't want to be left out, do you?"

the fact that the SANFL were effectively been given 100m+ (footy park sale) im sure made them want to believe it all the more
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:30 am

AFL reserves
Adelaide Oval

Two separate issues, they shouldn't be confused as one.
They intersected due to timing, but are not the same.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:34 am

Would one have happened without the other?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby tipper » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:42 am

certainly would have. the adelaide oval move was on the cards before any mention of reserves sides. that and the government trying to buy votes was the major financial factor. wouldnt have happened without the government tipping in al that money.

the reserves sides would have been raised eventually even if the move hadnt happened too. its not like the afl clubs decided that they needed them due to a new venue for their a grade games
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:11 pm

The SANFL Commish and some DIRECTORS were SAAARRKKED in and FAAARRKEDD by their bastard child the FAARRRRKEN CROWS !!!!!!!!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:59 pm

bennymacca wrote:
RB wrote:
bennymacca wrote:but i dont think he would deliberately lie.

He's a man of honesty and unblemished personal integrity, that's for sure. :lol:

well i agree with you on that. still think the crows should have gotten rid of him.

watched footy classified monday night and caro had the rumour that he was off to either brisbane or carlton to be ceo and he has the blessing of the afl to take either job

Very very strong rumour he is off to Brisbane. Heard this from 2 sources month ago, neither connected but should know what they are talking about. He's taken one for the board and club, came back so all looks good but in reality it's time to move on.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Dog Day Afternoon » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:40 pm

bennymacca wrote:
RB wrote:In my opinion re Trigg, whether or not it was all an outright lie, he allowed the league directors to rely on a figure he ought reasonably to have known was not going to be even nearly achieved.

I really can't see how Trigg, or anyone else, thought they'd get even close to 4,000 - no one g.a.f. about reserves footy. Frankly I'm surprised as many as 200 or whatever are going.

but if the 4000 figure was so clearly bogus, then why didnt the SANFL directors also pick this up? cant say yes and then complain about it after

thats kinda my point. maybe everyone was hoodwinked or at least seduced by the idea of the extra crowds

I agree with this point. The criticism seems to be mostly leveled at Trigg for providing a misleading figure. But the Directors who voted had the moral and legal responsibility of ensuring that they were fully informed before committing themselves to the vote. Trigg clearly had a vested interest in making the figure as high as he could. Why was there no critical review of this as it clearly would have impacted on the decision - affecting both immediate revenue (from bar and canteen sales) but also from being able to attract greater sponsorship. The lack of due diligence is appalling and the fact that so many Directors who voted yes have been allowed to continue in the role where they have so clearly failed speaks volumes of the depths that the standard or governance and managment in the SANFL has plummeted to.
Dog Day Afternoon

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby stan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
RB wrote:

He's a man of honesty and unblemished personal integrity, that's for sure. :lol:

well i agree with you on that. still think the crows should have gotten rid of him.

watched footy classified monday night and caro had the rumour that he was off to either brisbane or carlton to be ceo and he has the blessing of the afl to take either job

Very very strong rumour he is off to Brisbane. Heard this from 2 sources month ago, neither connected but should know what they are talking about. He's taken one for the board and club, came back so all looks good but in reality it's time to move on.

Geez Brisbane is pretty ****** up at the moment. Do they really need this as well?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby gossipgirl » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:09 pm

you guys should form your own knitting circle as you sound like grumpy old woman ;)
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:17 pm

gossipgirl wrote:you guys should form your own knitting circle as you sound like grumpy old woman ;)

You just go back and focus on something at your own intellectual level - In the Night Garden.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby cracka » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:08 pm

tipper wrote:certainly would have. the adelaide oval move was on the cards before any mention of reserves sides. that and the government trying to buy votes was the major financial factor. wouldnt have happened without the government tipping in al that money.

the reserves sides would have been raised eventually even if the move hadnt happened too. its not like the afl clubs decided that they needed them due to a new venue for their a grade games

Reserves sides have been on the cards for more than 5 years, long before the Adelaide oval upgrade was put up as an election promise.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby stampy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:55 pm

didnt the libs propose a new stadium down the road from AO?
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby dedja » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:25 pm

Yep, currently build a hospital there ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby sjt » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:19 pm

Annoyed by some tossers on the sanfl Facebook page. Many have no idea about the afl in the sanfl and the farce it's turned the comp in to. The crows and power licenses have supposedly been sold for $18mill over 15 years. Simplistically equating to $150,000 a year for each of the clubs. This excludes the $45mill supposedly coming from the afl over the next 15 years for "game development" ( who knows where this will go) and excludes the Adelaide oval return p.a and the west lakes land sales. I still can't see why the sanfl supposedly needs the professionals in our league more than they need us??
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby topsywaldron » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:50 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Sorry, that appears about stream of consciousness, doesn't it?

Can I grab a gramme from you?
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:59 am

topsywaldron wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Sorry, that appears about stream of consciousness, doesn't it?

Can I grab a gramme from you?

:lol:
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Sojourner » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:35 pm

JK wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
RB wrote:

well i agree with you on that. still think the crows should have gotten rid of him

Why do you think they didn't?

They openly do not have the courage to do so. Its the reason that more people than Trigg need to go if they are to ever taste success again. Trigg should be sacked from the AFC largely for the same reasons that he was sacked from Sturt after his contract ended..

This guy sums it up pretty well - http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6534007615
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL