Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:45 am

Hazbeen wrote:Interesting results yesterday

Was a good hard contest yesterday at Hamley, we got away early then they came back and we push ahead again, the way it was all day, good game to watch, a little scrappy at times and that umpire again????? to both sides as well, still these finals are still wide open, next week at Virginia might be interesting after there game yesterday, Snags?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby hairy cat » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:28 pm

Hey magpie get ya full back to the crash shop for helmet fitting cause the big ram fella is on a roll!!!
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Kcco » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:47 am

hairy cat wrote:Hey magpie get ya full back to the crash shop for helmet fitting cause the big ram fella is on a roll!!!

Not sure if that was a deliberate act by the big fella or not. I didn't exactly see the event unfold but I've heard different stories by people from two wells saying it was and it wasn't.
Virginia played like they wanted the football, and their work rate absolutely smashed two wells. Seems the run and carry of two wells is dead for the past 3 matches they have played. Not sure what they are going to implement to then their season around but they need to come up with something soon.
In my opinion the finals is wide wide open I believe any team in the top 6 can knock of anyone if they play desperate football.
Kcco

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby hairy cat » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:56 am

Not a good look for the spectators in the cemetery pocket[quote][/quote]
hairy cat
Under 16s

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Kcco wrote:Not sure if that was a deliberate act by the big fella or not. I didn't exactly see the event unfold but I've heard different stories by people from two wells saying it was and it wasn't.

What was the outcome? Injury/report??
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby wangas#4 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:50 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Kcco wrote:Not sure if that was a deliberate act by the big fella or not. I didn't exactly see the event unfold but I've heard different stories by people from two wells saying it was and it wasn't.

Pontt knocked out concusion.
Report nil.
wangas#4
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:36 pm

wangas#4 wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Report nil.

Couldn't have been that bad if Two Wells didn't lodge a report.

On a different note, and I hate talking about this because I realise our league is really struggling to get umpires, but.............I think we witnessed a poor umpiring performance on Saturday in the match between Mallala and Hamley, one umpire in particular was poor.
Last edited by Swamp Donkey on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Hazbeen » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:08 pm

wangas#4 wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Report nil.

Wasn't there but I'll take a stab in the dark....large FF was a few steps off timing his jump right for the Mark so decided to run thru the player standing under the ball instead? Never seen him do that before
Hazbeen
Veteran

Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby hairy cat » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:11 pm

No Hazbeen imagine putting your head over the pill and get watto and piss ant umpires go to water
hairy cat
Under 16s

Postby magpieeagle » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:32 pm

hairy cat wrote:No Hazbeen imagine putting your head over the pill and get watto and piss ant umpires go to water

Seems to be a lot of pissants getting around
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby wangas#4 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
wangas#4 wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Report nil.

Couldn't have been that bad if Two Wells didn't lodge a report.

Edit**Thought I should ease up a bit on the bloke, so I'll re-phrase.......

On a different note, and I hate talking about this because I realise our league is really struggling to get umpires, but.............I think we witnessed a poor umpiring performance on Saturday in the match between Mallala and Hamley, one umpire in particular was poor.

What umpires did you have SD.
wangas#4
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby Snags » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:07 pm

NO-MERCY wrote:
Snags wrote:
hairy cat wrote:Pym gets 3 votes when longies get flogged he is the dead set cert or favourite

Yeah there was a game last year, lee Allmond had 37 and a goal, got 0 votes. and pym had 16 and got 2 votes! (Stats were taken by a couple injured two wells boys)

Good umpires ain't fazed by big stats, its how effective & what you do with those stats.

Lee Allmond was hands down best on that day! Got sent off for 10mins in the 2nd quarter for wrestling and that was his only mistake that day.. + pyms 16 must must not of been that good if they got pumped!!
Association medal always has it's controversy people get votes in games they don't deserve votes and don't get votes in games they should.. Never accurate.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Snags » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:17 pm

wangas#4 wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Report nil.

Pont was giving nikaulas a absolute bath, out marking, running off and ya could tell he was (big Nik) getting frustrated, giving him little cheapys and throwing pont to ground at times. Time of incident pont spoiled the footy, it went over the back pont ran onto it bent over for the footy and nikaulas came running in whacked him, clenched fist, straight to the jaw pont was straight knocked out, umpire called head high tackle.. 1 of the two wells players said a few things along the lines of "why don't you beat him fair and square instead of knocking him out because he is giving you a bath" big Nik replies "he's not giving me a bath now is he" and pointed in the direction of pont in trainers hands on the floor.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:18 pm

I think previous winners have been around the mark, no matter the voting flaws
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:38 am

Snags wrote:
Lee Allmond was hands down best on that day! Got sent off for 10mins in the 2nd quarter for wrestling and that was his only mistake that day.. + pyms 16 must must not of been that good if they got pumped!!
Association medal always has it's controversy people get votes in games they don't deserve votes and don't get votes in games they should.. Never accurate.

Well there's the problem right there on that one, being sent off pretty much discards you from being in the top 3 "fairest" players for the day. It isn't the easiest thing to monitor as umpires are more focused at the job at hand, they do discuss at the breaks who has caught their attention.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Nocyrils » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:32 pm

I always thought apfl umpires were pretty average. Ypfl umpires have taken the cake. They are absolutely terrible. I can see how will hodgetts got a gig umpiring over their.
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby Lame Choice » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:45 am

Nocyrils wrote:I always thought apfl umpires were pretty average. Ypfl umpires have taken the cake. They are absolutely terrible. I can see how will hodgetts got a gig umpiring over their.

Not criticising big Will's form, but with the depth of talent at Hamley :shock: , I can see how he got a gig playing there.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby Lame Choice » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:36 am

Mallala 1-39
Two Wells 1-39
Hamley 1-39
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 am

United 1-39
Balaklava 1-39
Mallala 1-39
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby hanno_7 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:45 am

Virginia 1-39
Two Wells 40+
Hamley 40+
hanno_7
Under 18s